Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your go-to loadout and why ?

lukinu_u

51 minutes ago, Uthael said:

In advance - correct me if I'm wrong.
I thought the formula for damage reduction = armor / (armor + 300), which gives 42% damage reduction from 200 armor. According to my calculations, that's
HP/(1-0.42) = 72% extra HP.
With Arcane Guardian, 100 base armor and Steel Fiber, damage reduction should equal:
(100 * (1 + 110%) + 600) / (100 * (1 + 110%) + 600 + 300) = 820 / 1120 = 0.73 = 73%,
making EHP = HP * (1 / (1 - 0.73)) = 3.7*HP.
That's 270% extra effective HP from armor. Since EHP multipliers practically work for healing too, I thought that with a reliable source of heals, it would be a waste to invest in shields.

uhh, i'm not 100% on what you're trying to do here (single line math is awful, i hate it), but the math is accurate however you're comparing Armor values, not the actual benefit that it gives you. as yno, you don't care how many points of Armor you really have, you care about the EHP Multiplier that it offers.
you also need to actually compare it to something, in this case you only tallied the EHP Multiplier of what you have Equipped (i assume that's just because you didn't write it into this Post not that you didn't do it though)

810 Armor translates to 72.9729% DR, yes (you wrote 820 and 1120 here, not sure if that's just a typo) which yes is 3.7x EHP
while 700 Armor translates to 70% DR, which is 3.3333x EHP
3.7 / 3.3333 == 1.11x
did Steel Fiber really offer you much, then?

while uh, say Primed Vigor (960 / 740) offers 1.2972x EHP.

obviously you natively can't really replenish Shields intentionally (since the Mods for working with Shield Recharge Delay simply don't exist because dumb game that wonders why everyone does __ when it doesn't allow alternatives to compete) without Aegis, but Adaptation makes a Shield Pool still have some use. if you're not feeling it Mr.Crabs then Primed Vigor is ofcourse more suitable.

42 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

which a 44.1% corrosive proc loss.

but radiation is useless

so? you don't need and shouldn't care about making Enemies Health Bars turn red, you care about them dying. 30% of 37 Pellets is 11 Corrosive Status per Shot, which is certainly plenty. sure you could have ~19 but it's the first dozen Corrosive Status that are the big deal, not so much the latter ones.
ala on the same Enemy w/ 10,000 Armor, 12 Corrosive Status is 3.1% remaining Armor, while 19 is 0.4%. most importantly is that 12 Corrosive Status on that Enemy is already ~50% DR which means that the Enemy probably will die by the second Shot even if the second Shot didn't apply any further Corrosive Status.
i bring it up mainly just because one probably is also facing Alloy Armor if they are facing Armored Enemies at all. and that trap that people can get themselves into of trying to remove Armor too hard and forget to Kill the Enemy for a while, hehe.

Radiation, useless? that's a bit rich to put it nicely.
the Damage Type is useful, and the Status Effect is another Status Type for Melee, it also lets Melee do some... sneaky things.
causing chaos doesn't sound like a big deal and it isn't, but Radiation Status will also mean you get shot a bit less which isn't half bad when it's coming along with the other facets.

• Like 1

Radiation and corrosive are both useless but if you wanna deal more damage at the end of the match or if you have to kill enemies immune to status(like ships and wolf or eidolons) OR if you are using a shotgun weapon. Slashes and viral or gas (overall with 4 CP or shield reduction) and you can kill everything in this game faster( i speak only for enemies  level 120+ because i don't have any  fun destroying poor enemies under that). This is why sometime you use low rank weapons you deal more damage than other people because with corrosive on armored enemies you hit them multiple time lowering the armor and at the end you will get more damage +3X bonus.

Now the most used secondary was the catchmoon while  "the last one listed" is much more powerful and  it can kill every armored enemy over level 150 with 2 or 3 shots(not headshots) overall after the fire buff and with a riven. "This weapons"  will deal much less damage than an acceltra for example, at the end of the mission because it's a pure status weapon.

Pratically the stats about the damage dealt  are really stupid....

Edited by bibmobello

il y a 35 minutes, taiiat a dit :

so? you don't need and shouldn't care about making Enemies Health Bars turn red, you care about them dying. 30% of 37 Pellets is 11 Corrosive Status per Shot, which is certainly plenty. sure you could have ~19 but it's the first dozen Corrosive Status that are the big deal, not so much the latter ones.
ala on the same Enemy w/ 10,000 Armor, 12 Corrosive Status is 3.1% remaining Armor, while 19 is 0.4%. most importantly is that 12 Corrosive Status on that Enemy is already ~50% DR which means that the Enemy probably will die by the second Shot even if the second Shot didn't apply any further Corrosive Status.
i bring it up mainly just because one probably is also facing Alloy Armor if they are facing Armored Enemies at all. and that trap that people can get themselves into of trying to remove Armor too hard and forget to Kill the Enemy for a while, hehe.

Radiation, useless? that's a bit rich to put it nicely.
the Damage Type is useful, and the Status Effect is another Status Type for Melee, it also lets Melee do some... sneaky things.
causing chaos doesn't sound like a big deal and it isn't, but Radiation Status will also mean you get shot a bit less which isn't half bad when it's coming along with the other facets.

This is interesting and worth considering on some weapon, but since this weapon deal a lot of damages and one shot lvl 165 armored heavy units (I couldn't test more for now), I mod the it to optimise against higher level targets, which have a lot of armor. So let's do the maths with lvl 165 Napalm which have alloy armor and thus, get increased damages from Radiation.
The boy have 18209.56 armor, which is equal to 98.39% damage reduction.

• With the corrosive + rad + toxin setup, I get 32.7% of pellet that proc corrosive, so 12 corrosive procs, which reduce the armor to 18209.56*0.75^12=576.81, resulting to a 65.78% damage reduction to the next shot. It's a x21.25 damage multiplier compared the fully armored target. But considering there is 43.29% of radiation damage on the weapon which deal 75% more damage against this target, it's 21.25*(0.5671*1+0.4329*1.75)=x27.81.
  • With the full corrosive setup, I get 58.5% of pellets that proc corrosive, so 21 corrosive procs, which reduce the armor to 18209.56*0.75^21=43.30, resulting to a 12.61% damage reduction to the next shot. It's a x87.39 damage multiplier compared to the fully armored target, which deal x3.14 compared to the corrosive + rad + toxin setup.

I agree that against lower level targets, with smaller damage value, radiation can be better than corrosive but here the weapon OS before reaching high armor values, so it's smarter to build around them. Also, as you said the radiation status is worth considering for survivability, but killing faster highly armored matter more in this situation (at least for me), especially as the weapon generally OS or kill before stripping armor (my tests that didn't OS were with dragon key).

il y a 49 minutes, bibmobello a dit :

Radiation and corrosive are both useless but if you wanna deal more damage at the end of the match or if you have to kill enemies immune to status. Slashes and viral or gas (overall with 4 CP or shield reduction) and you can kill everything in this game faster( i speak only for enemies  level 120+ because i don't have any  fun destroying poor enemies under that).

That's true, but it require a full team, or at least 3 with Coaction Drift, which make Corrosive Projection not thing you can rely on unless you play with friends, clan mates or recruited squad with specific loadout, which is not the case of everyone. I prefer playing in public or solo, so stripping armor with status, abilities or anything that isn't corrosive projection is worth considering, simply for reliability.

Randomize

Except when i have somethig to level, or particular mission thta requires particular loadout (like index, Eso, tridolon, big spider, aggressive farming etc...)

I have all my equipment with potato, exilus and a lot of forma, so i simply go "RANDOMIZED loadout" press "randomize" and play 😃

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

That 99.9% displayed is because of the multishot which increase the status chance displayed, but it's actually 84.03%.
However I reach the true 100% when Motus Setup proc and my build rely on it, so no problem here.

As you can see on this pictures, these 3 shots (from my Drakgoon) have multiples instances of corrosive status effect. On the left one which is the easier to read, we see at least 13 corrosive procs. I think the few hits we see that don't proc status are the first ticks of bleed proc that can crit if charm crit buff is active.
Also I need 2-3 shots to strip the armor of a lvl 160 corrupted heavy gunner depending on luck, so it means corrosive procs properly work.
criticalhit.png

That... that's just beautiful. 

• Like 1

okay, i'm back now.

3bHucOF.png

i'm still debating whether i want to replace the Molt Augment with more Strength. i like the Augment, and Saryn needs it to try and match the average EHP that she originally had before they decided that they needed to nerf Saryn so that they could make a Prime version that tried to reduce the nerf buuuut.....

i need some of that Duration there to make use of the speed boost from Molt. it is also kinda like Efficiency in terms of reapplying my two buffs, shrug.
i was also surprised to see via this Thread another person that has realized the existence of Saryn as a Weapons Platform, and also taking advantage of it

uEeEoSP.png

there's many Weapons that i like, but thesedays i'm carrying Gaze 95% of the time regardless of what other Weapons i have on. Gaze is just really cool, man.
my Riven is weird, but it works well for me. and yeah i'm too lazy to add a couple Polarities to use full Elementals since one Status Elemental + my weird Riven would be plenty of Status.

there are almost zero Melee Weapons that are unique now as of U26, so there are none that are really worth mentioning by me. i use some things, but they're just removal sticks, there's nothing special about any of them, they're all the same anyways.
before U26 there were numerous i would have mentioned for the unique but highly effective things that they can do. but all of those Weapons that weren't even popular got set on fire so there's nothing to talk about.
moving on.

there's many Primary Weapons that i like, but i've never liked any of the Primary Weapons so much that i almost always have it Equipped. while i've done that for almost a dozen of the Secondary Weapons. idunno, it's odd.

honorable mention Weapons, in no particular order.
duly note that roughly 1/2 to 2/3 of these Weapons are Modded with Saryn in mind, so reaching the points of dealing sufficient Damage is in context of me being my own Weapons Platform.

Spoiler

Battacor would be in here but since i don't have a Riven yet, there's not really much of anything to talk about, the Mod choices hardly differ at all sans Rivens in this game.

DJDPK65.png

YwFQUSf.png

this is pretty neat because my Riven lets me do some odd stuff like have a Tab that i can make Shotgun mode hit the Status threshold. and it applies a surprising amount of Crit Slash then. a sleeper mode for the Weapon, to say the least.

RQ9qKDv.png

7pwQ4Kx.png

i'll get around to fitting Primed Charged Shell to Strun someday. at the same time it will screw with Status weighting so *shrug*

sUL7sDX.png

1uHQiXH.png

xYvBV93.png

4TtrARa.png

Anti-Grineer is pretty ok, not what i was hoping for but i don't have a second Lanka just for Eidolon Hunting or anything so i'm not going to specialize it towards just that (and i can already oneshot when i need to generally so who cares).
i need to have extra Crit Chance because Digital Extremes still hasn't fixed that Lanka loses its Optic Bonus if you stop aiming before the Projectile hits the target.

6fq6zpf.png

E9kOFqT.png

NSz9kwa.png

IK59fmq.png

Q9t3TZf.png

FCcSOlU.png

5gWcafB.png

UkP3hEX.png

that's it for now.

- - - - - 

12 hours ago, bibmobello said:

Radiation and corrosive are both useless

they most certainly are not, especially in this day and age where you can sometimes have both or even have Viral at the same time too.
not to mention that you say Radiation/Corrosive Status is useless, because there are Status Immune Enemies, and then immediately proceed to talk about how you need to spam Viral/Slash Status on everything to be good.
make up your mind, and don't move the goalposts, man.

and since the subject case here is Saryn which can always add a large amount of Corrosive to any Weapon, more Damage is more Damage irregardless.

11 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

which deal x3.14 compared to the corrosive + rad + toxin setup.

sure, and eventually the Enemy would have enough Armor that some extra Corrosive Status per Shot would be useful, but most of the time the Alloy Armor Enemy will die before you have to worry about it, eh? 
though in any such case the actual number of Shots to Kill (including maybe a couple DoT ticks but not waiting years for it to die or anything) proves to be the the factor that we're looking for at the end of the day, i suppose.
it's certainly complicated and thinking about it is good enough. 

Edited by taiiat

I think i have been a bit vague.

On melee you prefer viral and slash than anything else but for few enemies with weakness immunities.

On automatic rifles you prefer viral and slashes but most of the time they will become useless fast. 

On shotguns(against armored enemies) you wanna corrosive,  fire and 100% status because they remove the armor in 2 shots and probably kill anything on the third one.

Radiation is still useless at least for me because enemies will start to shot randomly killing me with prowl in a remote corner of the map.

Don't waste rolls on your rivens for secondaries(but few exceptions like the arma tronDE), consider them an utility, get an embolist with blast corrosive, the augmented mod and have fun.

Watching the price of some rivens i understand that people play only level 20 missions...

Venka prime has 1 riven disp and so i can (freely)say it's one of the most powerful melee right now with malicious raptor first combo(considering it's a really rare stance...). If it had 5 it was clearly broken but probably they will nerf it later if that happens. You just need 2-3 forma and have fun.

Daggers are (really)powerful with the heavy attacks build.

Edited by bibmobello

23 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

I think i have been a bit vague.

On melee you prefer viral and slash than anything else but for few enemies with weakness immunities.
On automatic rifles you prefer viral and slashes but most of the time they will become useless fast. 
On shotguns you wanna corrosive,  fire and 100% status because they remove the armor in 2 shots and probably kill anything on the third one.

Don't waste rolls on your rivens for secondaries(but few exceptions like the arma tronDE), consider them an utility, get an embolist with blast corrosive, the augmented mod and have fun.

Radiation is still useless at least for me because enemies will start to shot randomly killing me with prowl in a remote corner of the map.

seeing as how your ratings of Weapons is 'Secondary Weapons are all useless' and 'Primary Weapons can be barely usable with spamming Hunter memes' - i think you've made yourself clear enough now.

16 minutes ago, taiiat said:

seeing as how your ratings of Weapons is 'Secondary Weapons are all useless' and 'Primary Weapons can be barely usable with spamming Hunter memes' - i think you've made yourself clear enough now.

For now i don't even use anything else than my "Krull"  considering i can overkill anything in this game even after the nerf and it's fun to use. And sincerely till sorties excluding some exceptions, you can use every weapon with just a potato on them.

Are you in Europe or Usa? i would like to try if using something like an exodia can give me the same results of the glaive(but probably it's not because the time it's too limited and i will kill myself more often...).

Edited by bibmobello

My go-to is Mesa Prime. When I play I find this Umbra Mesa Prime build to be the most effective for me in 2-3 hour survival runs, sorties, arbs, and/or whatever else. pPvg4NDb0ciKJSrvxXFDLRIxKvXAg=

t1uqv9ar.jpg

IuLka9Ar.jpg

gTCuQ7Ar.jpg

nnUWdBFr.jpg

hcRhxylr.jpg

RTvSWqkr.jpg

And then also a set of Lockdown and Elevate. No primary weapon. Hate primary weapons. Plus never needed one, especially with me switching between the nice synergies of AkVasto P, Synth Reflex and Redeemer P.  Anyway with Taxon over shields, Artax freezing everything the only threats I ever come across are the rando grenade or some other unforeseen bullS#&$.  

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove
Sorry for some of the blurry pics. If you wanna know stats just ask, or use your zoom 😅

2 hours ago, bibmobello said:

i would like to try if using something like an exodia can give me the same results of the glaive(but probably it's not because the time it's too limited and i will kill myself more often...).

uhh yeah i guess you could say the result would be similar to a Thrown Melee now, though it's rather a hassle to try and use Contagion because of wanting to debuff the Enemy with Status, have a strong Hit Counter built up for Hit Counter Mods, and then throw the Projectile.

Valkyr Prime ~ Our Lady of Rage and decently good for most missions unless something needs to be protected.

Karak Wraith (Was Braton P for the longest time but its undergoing iteration) Corrosive/Heat Status with a large mag 

Pandero ~ Crit Heat (Recoil-less alt fire) Its fun.

Galatine Prime ~ Hits stuff, it dies. Built for Raw damage in Slash and Corrosive

Edited by AzureTerra

Great topic,so had to post despite being late..... Also,sorry for no pics,lazy af....

Frame: Mag,high range and stregth build. Augment either fracturing crush or the 3rd,based on lvl,amount of time to be spent,etc.

Weapon: amprex,ignis or fulmin,depnds on mission.and laziness....

Secondary: mara detron with punch through

Melee: nikana prime at present...after the buff. Also my dokrahm

Enjoy!

------

Umbra Volt. I like fast things and wizards. 

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

Nezha... I want to Umbra forma him but unfortunatly I have to wait till Ivara and Titania get out of the way first. Fast, cute and diverse.

Spoiler

unknown.png

Nidus... also want to umbra forma in 20 years when prime releases. I like his moistness.

Spoiler

unknown.png

Primary: Ignis Wraith and Vulkar Wraith. My best weapons for when I don't or do feel like aiming.

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

Secondary: Gaze and Tombfinger. One hits a lot of enemies at once as closest thing I can get to mini-ignis, and the other has infinate range.

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

Melee: My main main weapons: Cyaths. They hit really really hard and cut things in half. And Zaws were my only way of getting highest crit chance that could exceed maiming strike before patch.

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

Kitty and Moa. Pets make you feel warm.

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Smol Tennoboi. I like energy and not being helpless boy. 🙂

Spoiler

unknown.png

Edited by Wolfdoggie