Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream: Empyrean, Feed Back. Are you Listening DE?

CuChulainnWD

34 minutes ago, Nezha_Rose said:

Im almost always selecting and canceling missions to be sure i join an existing squad. I cause slight lag because my whole family hogs the net, and even I know... slight lag is annoying.

I have jumped in some rounds that the lag was so bad I stood at a door waiting for it to open so long I could've gotten a drink and then it opened just to have it happen at the very next door. Had to exit cause I couldn't keep up with the team cause the doors took too long to open so I feel you on this.

More on topic I would like to see an answer about the resources, my ship my resources for ammo?, when the guy running guns is a terrible shot? how are they going to address this part of the random grouping? and the very bad AFK, with this much going on would you even notice the guy bail out into archwing hide behind a rock and not move the entire fight?

Edited by Davetiger

I would also like to see the "command" part being more of a while the crew is out fighting the ai can help repair type thing like instead of 1 person sitting there putting out fire after fire over and over, they can go out and archwing while the ai does the fire (maybe they do it slower so someone might have to help from time to time), but at least make it were everyone can leave the jack throughout the mission except maybe the pilot 🙂

Also, when picking the "random" team will we be able to select what "roles" we need and what roles we want to que up for, cause having a level 8 pilot fill the engineering spot seems pointless as well as having someone be engineering but really all they want to do is gun??

Totally reminds me of "guns of icarius" btw... loved that game 🙂

Edited by Davetiger

40 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

FUnny how the latest dev stream opened with 'LOOK AT EVERYTHING WE'VE DONE!' 

I said it before, DE have gone full "American Woman" They have let the coloured lights hypnotise them. We are the Peanuts adults, DE wants our feed back and all they hear is Whuah waa whaaa whuah whoaha wha ha.*

If DE were smart, they would fix all of the redressed issues with have with the Old Blood, as it still has the potential to be entertaining and replayable. Just not in its current state. Whilst we are happily invested continuing to play the improved Old Blood, DE can continue to work on Empyrean getting it right. Think they will do Fluck no. That would be the sensible thing to do.

• Like 2

On 2019-12-08 at 9:09 PM, Aldain said:

Tether Coil (I'd rather just use Vortex)

If you use Tether to pull enemies into your Vortex it will let go of them and grab another body
It has twice the range, so you can yoink some boys from pretty far away into your Vortex

8 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

If you use Tether to pull enemies into your Vortex it will let go of them and grab another body
It has twice the range, so you can yoink some boys from pretty far away into your Vortex

Currently I think Tether is broken on Switch, it only yanks enemies onto the floor, not to the point where it is thrown.

Plus I have a nice range on my Vortex as is, and that's only at %165 range too.

I mean if it worked properly I might not dislike it as much, but still I'd rather throw down a Bastille and convert it to a Vortex for a long duration of mixed CC and armor drain/buffing.

8 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Yep, but DE seem to take notice when he toots his horn. If we can't get their attention, maybe he can open their eyes. He is saying the same thing we've been saying for the past week 3 years.

Fixed that for ya 🤡

It's been a thing since Plains of Eidolon.
People have just more recently noticed their repetitive & unimaginative Clown Shoes techniques.

• Like 2

On 2019-12-09 at 5:41 PM, MarrikBroom said:

FUnny how the latest dev stream opened with 'LOOK AT EVERYTHING WE'VE DONE!' 

Ayup! That right there set the tone for the Dev Stream to "disingenuous deflection." Unless you happen to be in a rap battle, bragging is never a good excuse for failure. It's "whataboutism" at best, and not even remotely the point. The whole Stream had an air of "We're doing find. It's YOUR fault if you're unhappy!" Just #*!%ing admit you screwed up and say the word "sorry" ANYWHERE in the presentation. Maybe then people won't walk off feeling like they just sat through a political rally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Fixed that for ya 🤡

It's been a thing since Plains of Eidolon.
People have just more recently noticed their repetitive & unimaginative Clown Shoes techniques.

Thanks, you sir are correct.  What a shame too. For me my last straw was the Old Blood. Like Steel, I am sticking around, I have too much invested. I really wanted to support DE with Ivara Prime access, but I am having major second thoughts. The disrespect we have been showing, I am almost there... at that point where I was with Trion and Defiance... just walking away for good. I did not look back then. I would admit, it would be harder not looking back now (Personal reasons. It definitely would break my heart. Think DE is listening? Nah. They don't care. We're just a few of the many registered 50 million losers. What DE may fail to recogsnise is how it went for Bioware with Anthem, and Fallow 76 for Bethesda. It could very well go that well for them.

Edited by CuChulainnWD

19 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Thanks, you sir are correct.  What a shame too. For me my last straw was the Old Blood. Like Steel, I am sticking around, I have too much invested. I really wanted to support DE with Ivara Prime access, but I am having major second thoughts. The disrespect we have been showing, I am almost there... at that point where I was with Trion and Defiance... just walking away for good. I did not look back then. I would admit, it would be harder not looking back now (Personal reasons. It definitely would break my heart. Think DE is listening? Nah. They don't care. We're just a few of the many registered 50 million losers. What DE may fail to recogsnise is how it went for Bioware with Anthem, and Fallow 76 for Bethesda. It could very well go that well for them.

Ah, we share Trion in common. I blacklisted them after Rift and didn't even give Defiance a look as result.

The DE today isn't the DE of old. I question how much of Unreal was actually DE Vs Epic. They went from ground breaking to game breaking.

I'm hardly going to blacklist DE. Takes a lot for that but I've also little interest in playing for the past year and notice patterns which appear far too often. I was talking on Discord earlier. Rivens were introduced Nov 2016 and the teaser for the Nemesis system was Feb 2017. Seems a bit odd the system is devoid of most things they talked about and how similar the formula follows Rivens. I personally think DE found a formula and will probably use it until critical mass is hit at which point they might realize that all players become Veterans eventually and ignoring that part of your audience ends poorly.

Far as feedback it would seem their "Vision" for the game excludes anything made before Plains of Eidolon. So pretty much the core of Warframe.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Ah, we share Trion in common. I blacklisted them after Rift and didn't even give Defiance a look as result.

The DE today isn't the DE of old. I question how much of Unreal was actually DE Vs Epic. They went from ground breaking to game breaking.

I'm hardly going to blacklist DE. Takes a lot for that but I've also little interest in playing for the past year and notice patterns which appear far too often. I was talking on Discord earlier. Rivens were introduced Nov 2016 and the teaser for the Nemesis system was Feb 2017. Seems a bit odd the system is devoid of most things they talked about and how similar the formula follows Rivens. I personally think DE found a formula and will probably use it until critical mass is hit at which point they might realize that all players become Veterans eventually and ignoring that part of your audience ends poorly.

Far as feedback it would seem their "Vision" for the game excludes anything made before Plains of Eidolon. So pretty much the core of Warframe.

Yep we are on the same page. I recall DE saying on far previous devstreams they would work to reduce the grind too.... and since that stream they have worked stridently to increase the grind. Funny how that works eh?

I see and say the same thing regarding the Vets. We are viewed by the community at large as a laughing stock to some, they failing to realise we are the ones that got DE and its community to where it is, that the noobs wanted to join the fun. Funny thing is, even the noobs are seeing the cracks in the wall far sooner than DE would like. Critical mass may come sooner for DE than any of us like. I am not saying the sky is falling, but there will definitely be some blow back and repercussions for DE and all of us.

Edited by CuChulainnWD
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

For all the problems i have? FOr all the aggrivation and disappointment i have at how Steve effectivly laughed off our feedback by picking the most trivial nonsense to waste time talking about?

They have done a lot. The plains remaster, jupiter, melee re-balancing. These things take time. The liches themselves took time to do. 
I'm not trying to apologize for DE's recent behavior, as i feel insulted by it. I'm just trying to edge away from the point where it's rage for its own sake. 

We only have one way to hold them to task and so long as we play the game I'm afraid they will see all our complaints as safe to ignore. 'All the screaming they do and they still feed the economy, so we can safely ignore the bluster.'

I don't know how to get around that problem in a productive manner.

Hold onto your money, keep being a voice and letting DE know that their numbers maybe interpreted wrong, and or do not play the content you do not like. My love for playing the Lich system dropped dramatically after the November Lich update announcement. Even more so since then.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

DE's already shown they only listen to feedback selectively - when it suits their purposes or when it is massive enough to demand PR firefighting.

As of late, I've noticed that valid and legitimate concerns for the game's future and constructive criticism leveled at design choices, game direction, and balance are typically:

• Drowned out by dismissive, narrow-minded and short-sighted rhetoric from white knights. "Dude - the game's still in Beta and F2P - cut them some slack!" "Best update ever - keep up the GREAT work!" "Sounds like someone's got issues / needs to get good / learn how to play" "Go cry and whine somewhere else, hater"
  • Put down by try-hards looking to preserve their own self-centered agendas. "Don't you dare touch my *insert weapon / 'Frame here*!" "You don't get to dictate how I can play Warframe" "We're supposed to be gods - you just want to take all the fun out the game"
  • Deleted by admins / mods under the pretext of being off-topic, dev-basing, and so on.
  • Ignored and hand-waved by developers, including our community manager. See below.

This was brought to my attention the other day. A well-meaning post from a long time, concerned player was dismissed as little more than "hyperbole" by [DE]Rebecca. Right there for you all to see.

What makes me sick from reading that thread and that post in particular is how a "beloved" community manager hand-waves a concerned player's post with what could arguably be considered a personal attack against a member of the community. I don't care what anyone else thinks. That was unprofessional and uncalled for. The rest of her post amounted to little more than a non-answer and a reminder to watch an upcoming dev stream.

What makes me even sicker is the sheer number of sheep that agreed with, defended, and applauded Rebecca - just because she's the Lotus and queen of the devstreams and tells all the good, loyal Tenno what they want to hear.

Earlier today, I had a post out-right nuked from the update thread where I criticized DE for selectively ignoring feedback. It got at least 6 upvotes before it "disappeared".

I've tolerated a lot of questionable things over the last 2 years...6 months ago I almost left the forums for good but felt I should reconsider.

These two things were the last god-damn straw.

I'm done with these forums.

Screenshotting this just in case. If this post gets zapped, it'll only prove my point as to how much of a marketing echo-chamber the forums have turned into.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

DE's already shown they only listen to feedback selectively - when it suits their purposes or when it is massive enough to demand PR firefighting.

As of late, I've noticed that valid and legitimate concerns for the game's future and constructive criticism leveled at design choices, game direction, and balance are typically:

• Drowned out by dismissive, narrow-minded and short-sighted rhetoric from white knights. "Dude - the game's still in Beta and F2P - cut them some slack!" "Best update ever - keep up the GREAT work!" "Sounds like someone's got issues / needs to get good / learn how to play" "Go cry and whine somewhere else, hater"
  • Put down by try-hards looking to preserve their own self-centered agendas. "Don't you dare touch my *insert weapon / 'Frame here*!" "You don't get to dictate how I can play Warframe" "We're supposed to be gods - you just want to take all the fun out the game"
  • Deleted by admins / mods under the pretext of being off-topic, dev-basing, and so on.
  • Ignored and hand-waved by developers, including our community manager. See below.

This was brought to my attention the other day. A well-meaning post from a long time, concerned player was dismissed as little more than "hyperbole" by [DE]Rebecca. Right there for you all to see.

What makes me sick from reading that thread and that post in particular is how a "beloved" community manager hand-waves a concerned player's post with what could arguably be considered a personal attack against a member of the community. I don't care what anyone else thinks. That was unprofessional and uncalled for. The rest of her post amounted to little more than a non-answer and a reminder to watch an upcoming dev stream.

What makes me even sicker is the sheer number of sheep that agreed with, defended, and applauded Rebecca - just because she's the Lotus and queen of the devstreams and tells all the good, loyal Tenno what they want to hear.

Earlier today, I had a post out-right nuked from the update thread where I criticized DE for selectively ignoring feedback. It got at least 6 upvotes before it "disappeared".

I've tolerated a lot of questionable things over the last 2 years...6 months ago I almost left the forums for good but felt I should reconsider.

Screenshotting this just in case. If this post gets zapped, it'll only prove my point as to how much of a marketing echo-chamber the forums have turned into.

Yep, pretty much this. Everything DE has asked of or from its community, it is considered "Hyperbole" now. We can make all of the fantastic, logical, helpful suggestions that would improve our collective game experience, and it will just go ignored. Someone suggested DE has been around for 7 years, that this is their only game. DE will not let it go down in flames. Well, I have news for you. DE and Warframe were not just made by DE. It took a COMMUNITY to get it on its feet. It took a community and their faith in DE to do the right thing, and invest in DE to make it what it could become. I do not like what it  HAS become. Just as a community can giveth, so it can taketh away. Check out how well BioWare and Bethesda are doing. They traded on their banked community good will too. Both companies are far larger than DE.

It really does not matter what DE wants, if we (the community) are not in harmony with it, some may hunker down and stick it out, others will leave. I have read and been told by more than one Sir Galahad that Warframe is a Free to play game. Very true that. But this here Whale has payed for his play. So if I am to pick up my toys and go home, I guess I will take my wallet with me. The game pays for itself after all right? When enough whales leave, how will that work out? Hmm get back to me on that one will you?

Suffice to say, I am not a happy camper with how Warframe is going. The Devs are NOT listening. There is a community divide and DE seems to go out of their way to make it bigger. Good luck with that. Since October 2017 when DE got their Time Square Claim to Fame, their attitude to the community that  built them has gone down the toilet as fast as a kavat can spin the roll.

Maybe when DE gets their act together and attitude adjusted, I will bring my wallet back with me. Not until then however. In the mean time, I am done. I am signing out.

• Like 3

Retrospectively, anything DE did beyond u17.5 in Warframe is pretty much sh!tty. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSZ9x2ql-HgJap1jvgv_h

If you are disappointed in Warframe, you should start thinking about how to throw warframe sunk cost away and uninstall it. 

Edited by Volinus7

24 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

Retrospectively, anything beyond u17.5 in Warframe is pretty much sh!tty. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSZ9x2ql-HgJap1jvgv_h

If you are disappointed in Warframe, you should start thinking about how to throw warframe sunk cost away and uninstall it. 

Hmm well that is the thing isn't it. People do care. They have talked until they were blue in the face. So they walk away. Already ahead of you mate. If you read carefully, you will have read, I packed up my toys and my wallet and am taking the exit stage right.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Yep, pretty much this. Everything DE has asked of or from its community, it is considered "Hyperbole" now. We can make all of the fantastic, logical, helpful suggestions that would improve our collective game experience, and it will just go ignored. Someone suggested DE has been around for 7 years, that this is their only game. DE will not let it go down in flames. Well, I have news for you. DE and Warframe were not just made by DE. It took a COMMUNITY to get it on its feet. It took a community and their faith in DE to do the right thing, and invest in DE to make it what it could become. I do not like what it  HAS become. Just as a community can giveth, so it can taketh away. Check out how well BioWare and Bethesda are doing. They traded on their banked community good will too. Both companies are far larger than DE.

It really does not matter what DE wants, if we (the community) are not in harmony with it, some may hunker down and stick it out, others will leave. I have read and been told by more than one Sir Galahad that Warframe is a Free to play game. Very true that. But this here Whale has payed for his play. So if I am to pick up my toys and go home, I guess I will take my wallet with me. The game pays for itself after all right? When enough whales leave, how will that work out? Hmm get back to me on that one will you?

Suffice to say, I am not a happy camper with how Warframe is going. The Devs are NOT listening. There is a community divide and DE seems to go out of their way to make it bigger. Good luck with that. Since October 2017 when DE got their Time Square Claim to Fame, their attitude to the community that  built them has gone down the toilet as fast as a kavat can spin the roll.

Maybe when DE gets their act together and attitude adjusted, I will bring my wallet back with me. Not until then however. In the mean time, I am done. I am signing out.

Not surprised. I've done the same. Also some egocentric staff at DE (you know who they are) need to climb off their high horses before they fall.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

And there goes one of the few people who were willing to stand back, take a more balanced look at how this game is turning out and actually explain what went wrong and how it could be corrected.

I would say "come back in 5 years and see what it looks like when Lancelot and a bunch of mirrors are sitting at an empty round table covered in dust and cobwebs", but honestly it's probably better for your sanity if you just put the entire situation out of your head and forget that this game even existed.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rayzenfloss said:

I'm good with the content, walk away of you wish.

Thanks Razyen, much appreciated. I am taking my wallet with me too. Surprisingly it seems a few more wallets are leaving too. Be sure to keep us posted how things work out in the future when the money slowly evaporates?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-12-05 at 12:52 AM, Grahark said:

The entire Warframe experience is all free. Walk away if you wish. 

Why are you like this? dont you want this game to be supported? OP was right. I've spent so much TIME and I even started pouring money into this game bc I thought it was getting better, and finally felt safe enough to do so. I #*!%ing Love tennogen. This game has gotten peak levels of cool, it looks great, graphics and gameplay are amazing but now it's starting to take a bad turn. I thought nightwave was a cool idea even though its not perfect.. but then came old blood and now empyrean. That was bad and then you people have to still keep saying this S#&$. You're not helping anyone feel better about the situation. This is a free game, but it doesnt survive on being free. dont you understand that people have to spend their lives? There used to be passion and now I feel sick. I feel very sick.

I know it's all my own fault for spending money but your attitude honestly makes me want to die even more. Thank you for helping convince that things are going to get better.