The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You'll be able to issue commands to other players in your Railjack (We will need a kick button for rogue crew)

Jarriaga

The stream showed you can open a menu with commands and select a player and have Cy send them a transmission so that player can focus on a specific task, such as "We need a pilot".

This will be a godsend for public Railjack groups.

Ideally, DE will add a kick button. They'll need one here. They said that you won't be able to use AI crew when playing with other players, and the game mode will be difficult enough on its own due to multiple simultaneous tasks.

No time to waste on people who just want to play Shawzin in the middle of a deck fire.

As for Captains going rouge and kicking everyone, it will only make it harder for themselves considering that there's no AI help unless they're playing solo.

Possible outcomes:

1) Douchebag player gets kicked every time. They don't get to play (Deserved).

2) Douchebag player starts behaving because they don't want to be kicked (Win-win for everyone).

3) Douchebag player gets to host and become a captain. They kick unreasonably or push people to leave on their own and they end-up alone without AI helping them and being unable to progress (Deserved).

4) Douchebag player gets to host and don't make a fuss out of their own interest of progressing. Only kicking other douchebags (Win-win for everyone).

5) Non-douchebag players match a non-douchebag captain. No kick necessary (Win-win for everyone).

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 12

Just now, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

I'm intrigued to see how that little player menu will work on a controller. I assume that'll be the "map" button.

I play with a controller in PC.

I'd presume it will work like the gearwheel to emote menu in which one button changes the items displayed.

2 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

Veeery bad idea... Thats gonna make people argue easily. More toxicity incoming.

Well, if I'm hosting and they join my ship (Because sharing your Railjack means you are automatically hosting as per DE), then I expect them to cooperate or leave. Hopefully DE adds an option to kick out rogue crew.

• Like 11

hace 1 minuto, Jarriaga dijo:

Well, if I'm hosting and they join my ship (Because sharing your Railjack means you are automatically hosting as per DE), then I expect them to cooperate or leave. Hopefully DE adds an option to kick out rogue crew.

Thats it... cooperate or leave... toxicity incoming. Remember, i said it the first, you saw it here xD

10 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

Veeery bad idea... Thats gonna make people argue easily. More toxicity incoming.

well seeing as railjack will initially be heavily coop based its essential. Its an unavoidable mechanic, that beats typing out orders etc in chat.

That aside, if its my ship, then my rules. Don't like it? Get off my railjack then. If people aren't willing to work with the squad then railjack isn't going to go well for them. Its in everyone's best interests to play nice.

Edited by StinkyPygmy
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

Thats it... cooperate or leave... toxicity incoming. Remember, i said it the first, you saw it here xD

You have to willingly choose to join someone else's ship. Why would you choose to join another ship's crew only to be a douchebag and not do your part? How would me, the host, calling you out on it be toxic if you decided to take the first step to join me if you had no intention of doing your part?

Build your own ship and host your own games if you're not going to cooperate. Easy solution.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1

Justo ahora, Jarriaga dijo:

You have to willingly choose to join someone else's ship. Why would you choose to join another ship's crew only to be a douchebag and not do your part? How would me, the host, calling you out on it be toxic if you decided to take the first step to join me?

Build your own ship and host your own games if you're not going to cooperate. Easy solution.

Because that happens.... Its not a matter of why, it just happens. 

• Like 1

Just now, XzWasPzX said:

Because that happens.... Its not a matter of why, it just happens. 

Then I hope DE give an option to kick out the rogue douchebag player, who is the one intentionally provoking toxicity in that situation and will deserve to be kicked out.

• Like 3

Then I hope DE give an option to kick out the rogue douchebag player, who is the one intentionally provoking toxicity in that situation and will deserve to be kicked out.

That would lead to even more toxicity. Are bad ideas the only ones people can give? Ffs...

THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS! THE SHIP NEEDS REPAIRS!

• Like 7

Just now, XzWasPzX said:

That would lead to even more toxicity. Are bad ideas the only ones people can give? Ffs...

Nah. It would lead to discipline. Want to join someone else's crew? Behave appropriately, or be kicked out.

Want to set your own rules? Build your own Railjack and host.

• Like 3

Nah. It would lead to discipline. Want to join someone else's crew? Behave appropriately, or be kicked out.

Want to set your own rules? Build your own Railjack and host.

The line between discipline and tiranny in your idea is so thin...

2 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

then how would you deal with a pub player that joined YOUR ship and actively not doing anything? since barking orders at them is toxic and kicking them out is toxic? 

3 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

That's where I get to do my part so my crew does not want to leave because of my behavior. It's a two way street.

Cooperation.

I don't want douchebags playing with me, so I make sure not to act like one. 

Win-win.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 4

Justo ahora, seprent dijo:

then how would you deal with a pub player that joined YOUR ship and actively not doing anything? since barking orders at them is toxic and kicking them out is toxic? 

Well, thats something that only designers are able to answer, since they designed the game mode this way. I simply would have designed the game mode slightly different to make co op not so essential. 

The host should absolutely have full rights to who is on their ship and whether or not to kick them. A toxic host is a toxic host. But they are the host and it is their Railjack. They're the Captain. Does it open the door to toxicity from kicking players? Yes. Does it help prevent players from intentionally weakening the team on the Railjack? Absolutely. A player who refuses to help construct or help repair and insists on naught but the might of their Archwing and refuses to be a part of the ship, can be detrimental.

Captain's orders. You follow them, or you're out. Simple as that. Don't like it? Well then put your Captain's hat on. Teamwork is necessary. Don't hinder it and it shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 4

hace 1 minuto, Sziklamester dijo:

Imagine when you control the ship and the rest of your team plays emotes or playing shawzin when you gives them order.

That's gonna happen. It just happen. You cant fight against that, its human nature, you have to include that in your game design. Expect the unexpected. 

• Like 2