Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player railjack and Empyrean just seems like Archwing to me after this devstream

k05h

1 hour ago, Nesodos said:

Why do people eat bananas without the peel? Why don't they just push the entire thing down their throat?

Just because you can do something solo doesn't mean its meant to. Why can you book a room with 2 beds in a hotel even though you are going to sleep there alone?
The simple answer is more options.

Btw do you think that borderlands is a solo game? Or destiny? world of warcraft?

We had something that required teamplay but it got taken down because it was hardly playable and people were complaining that it was too difficult for the average player.

And if you would have listened carefully during the stream then you would know that you can play it solo if you want to but at release its balanced around coop for the higher level content. Nowhere was said that its coop only.

Now please take your own advice and watch it yourself.

People can eat a banana with the peel if they so wish, it wouldn't do you any harm at all. 

Just like co-op or solo, the choice is yours.

Borderlands, Destiny and World of Warcraft are all games that a person can play solo if they choose to, I hate to shatter your perceptions, but there is nothing to stop you from playing any of those games on your own. You team up with people for raids and dungeons, but that's all you need to do, if a game requires a squad for play, you shouldn't be able to launch out of the lobby without one. Even in WoW, you can enter a raid dungeon alone if you so wish, you'd be a fool to do so, but that choice is yours. 

Name one thing here in Warframe that you as a player are so weak at that you simply cannot do it without a squad to carry you. Because there isn't a single thing in this supposedly co-op game that I haven't completed as a solo player, and Railjack isn't going to be any different, even if I have to wait for the solo mode to be implemented get right to the very end.

Yes, I'll party with my friends and clan mates, but when they aren't on, I'll be tinkering about by myself doing it solo just to see how far I can get doing it because of one statement from last nights Dev Stream, "playing railjack solo is going to be a much bigger challenge that doing it with full crew"

Challenge? Bring it on, it's something that Warframe has been lacking for way too long.

50 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Again, just because its there, doesnt mean its ment for them. Let me use another game's example...

In World of Warcraft there is a zone named Redridge Mountains which is lvl 10~20, its the Second/Third map a starting player in the Alliance can go to, just north taking a passage of that same map is another named Burning Steppes which is lvl 50+ , a lvl 1 player can go there but hes not ment to be there, same can be said for Railjack and a player who just obtained his first Archwing in Warframe, its there but its not ment for a new player tho he can venture there with higher level ones.

I know Redridge well, and the burning steps.

Now tell me, what is there to stop a starting player from going there if he wishes to?

Exactly! The same thing that will stop a new Warframe player from jumping into Railjack as soon as they get their Archwing!

Absolutely nothing!

Which is precisely what you can do to stop them.

You cannot stop a player from doing what they want to do as much as they can't stop you. You can whine, whinge, complain, take to the forums and post a million posts about it, but to no avail, because Digital Extremes does not agree with you.

That is why Railjack is only gated behind Archwing, because DE want those people to play this new content. The Old Blood has higher restrictions than Railjack, Arbitrations, even ESO requires a level 30 frame which is more than Railjack appears to.

Still, remember what an awesome gaming community we are here in Warframe! 

I'm sure everyone will be more than happy to take these new players under their wings and teach them everything they need to know about railjack!

Or will you play solo?

Edited by Fl_3
Punctuation is a thing!

23 minutes ago, Culaio said:

No one expected it to be space sim like elite but it definitly  wasnt sold to us as archwing 2.0, what it was sold to us as was something in style of guns of icarus/sea of thieves/barotrauma/'we need to go deeper', those games are about micromanaging ship/airship/submarine, those are coop games where players fill different roles on the ship, sea of thieves is least complex of them while barotrauma is most complex all those games have action in them, but are more tactical then space combat games, those games have proper action pace, not too fast and not too slow for it to be boring, until now everything shown about empyrean pointed that its the style of gameplay we should expect from it, problem is that devs increased pace of action in this gamemode and thats a problem, this was supposed to be more tactical gamemode, that is all about micromanagment, it NEEDS proper pace for it to work as intended, and pace we were shown is too fast for proper micromanagment, especially since railjack isnt small, players need to have time to mvoe around ship between different systems, to repair it and all that, we need time to tell people what they need to do, we need time to make decisions, we need time to use different systems....

For this game mode not to fail, devs need to slow down all the action, so players have TIME to do what we need to do, what was shown on devstream is BADLY mixed tactical gameplay with fast paced action, it just wont work, if they decide to keep fast action pace then they will probably make railjack tankier....which will make all the different tactical system available to us kinda  pointless, it will become another braindead gameplay focused on being best geared(best shields, weapons and so on) so player can ignore all the elements of coop

Edited 9 minutes ago by Culaio

sorry but ... who cares if it is too fast, even if it creates a problem it is easy to resolve

Edited by SyndriD

1 minute ago, SyndriD said:

mha .. reducing activities or making some mechanics more persistent

reducing activites would mean making this game mode less tactical and more braindead, its oposite of what many people want, people want this gamemode to be actually as tactical as they were selling to us its going to be, if I want braindead gameplay I can play with archwing, also it will make this whole gamemode kinda pointless

12 minutes ago, Culaio said:

reducing activites would mean making this game mode less tactical and more braindead, its oposite of what many people want, people want this gamemode to be actually as tactical as they were selling to us its going to be, if I want braindead gameplay I can play with archwing, also it will make this whole gamemode kinda pointless

consider that in the devstream they have not used the abilities of the ship and most of the upgrades, however they are details that over time are easily resolved, if they do not reduce the mechanics, they modify or transform them

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm not really sure how you managed to miss that the first part of empyrean is just that, the first part in order for us to try it and give feedback before they finalize the big plan behind it, the big plan that seems to involve all those things you imagined would come now. Part of those things will be in the first release in the shape of POI's and such.

It is even there in the devstream recap post, just a short read away. We arent even getting all the "captain" specializations nor do we get crew in the first update. It is a massive new system, they need to test it first and see what needs to be tweaked before making a full blown system effecting release of it.

Yes, I've completely missed this...

Can you link where this has been said?

I would appreciate it.

2 minutes ago, SyndriD said:

consider that in the devstream they have not used the abilities of the ship and most of the upgrades, however they are details that over time are easily resolved, if they do not reduce the mechanics, they modify or transform them

From what people told me(I watched devstream but must have missed it), they removed  power rerouting system(like rerouting all power to weapons or shield) which disappoint me honestly.

unless they dial down the pace of action it wont fix the problem, players need to have time to do all the different things on this ship

10 minutes ago, Culaio said:

From what people told me(I watched devstream but must have missed it), they removed  power rerouting system(like rerouting all power to weapons or shield) which disappoint me honestly.

unless they dial down the pace of action it wont fix the problem, players need to have time to do all the different things on this ship

it has not been removed but modified, now you have a certain amount of energy to repartition by activating the skills (weapons, shields, invisibility, etc.) of the railjack, it has been modified so as not to let you return to the dojo from what I understand

Edited by SyndriD

I would like to say here, as ive stated in game and the wf discord, that from my viewpoint, empyrean is essentially DE final forming the basic core game experience. 

I dont see it as new content per se, though it is. I see it more as the basic game experience becoming what many players have dreamed of since day one. Coherent and unified experiences across the various gameplay aspects. Flying and fighting with a ship, archwing, ship infiltration and theft, to running objectives in much larger ships (instead of just dropping in from a grate prime and running from pt a to pt b) .

The archwing cannon, multiple players firing different weapons stations, managing threats both inside and outside the ship, as well as (eventually) linking external game play experiences of others to your own (via the phase 2 squad link). Not to mention eventually making better use of syndicate npcs and liches as your own personal crew. 

I mean. What are railjack boss fights gonna be like?? Giant infested mass floating through space, covered in tumors and protected hives, with a giant central eye covered by armor plated lids, that only opens to see what has destroyed all the hives on its body? Big papa plauge star. 

Giant corpus mechs? Massive planet destroyer ships? GRINEER FORMORIANS?? 

GOD i really hope we get a fomorian rework so that we can actually infiltrate them. Ive wanted that since eye of blight and the destruction of the relays ( i think thats what event that was ). 

Try not to think of it as "the next new big thing" but more as the new completion of what the base game experience should be . 

Then, after that is final formed, what type of new experiences they can integrate with that. 

I have to say i was disappointment by a lot of the statements made in the devstream.

It might be good in actual gameplay (i will not be taking an unlevelled railjack against higher level enemies and face the same situation faced during the stream i hope) but the concept they are trying to push? It different from what was originally hyped for , there's no "connecting of islands" anymore, just another open world with its own arbitrary resources.

Also no team link revelation,

And some half assed lame excuse of why the old blood was so poorly executed and even more why there will be no improvements.

The Steam awards only has the labour of love award category that warframe can claim , i am no longer certain it is deserving of this title, i am really not seeing the love anymore.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I have to say i was disappointment by a lot of the statements made in the devstream.

It might be good in actual gameplay (i will not be taking an unlevelled railjack against higher level enemies and face the same situation faced during the stream i hope) but the concept they are trying to push? It different from what was originally hyped for , there's no "connecting of islands" anymore, just another open world with its own arbitrary resources.

Also no team link revelation,

And some half assed lame excuse of why the old blood was so poorly executed and even more why there will be no improvements.

The Steam awards only has the labour of love award category that warframe can claim , i am no longer certain it is deserving of this title, i am really not seeing the love anymore.

They said squad link isnt in the first phase. 

4 hours ago, Lord-Childeric said:

(Not to mention the numerous 'veteran players' who just want to rage comment

Nothin' new under the sun, though..
OP certainly didn't seem to be enraged.

Can't say I'm seeing much rage today or last night about empyrean.
Nothing to the order to the usual outrages at least.
Seems cool, OP was hoping for a little more free space exploration,
which doesn't have to be off the table for the future, just this update.

Honestly, the forums have been relatively calm today.. it's kinda nice.

I was in one thread with a player upset by resources in empyrean,
but after talking a while, they were chill and reasonable.
It also helps to find those reasonable situations by not marking people
by how BS or outlandish they are overall.
Ya catch more flies with honey..
and you find fewer BS posts when you're not out looking to find them.

12 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

They said it would be in second phase which is when crew npc will also come. But if you wanna be a negative nancy and pointlessly unhappy and doubtful , it is well within your rights. 

I guess we will see when it releases ,

both of us have our speculations and one of us will be right ,

i hope you win , i truly do.

30 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

I would like to say here, as ive stated in game and the wf discord, that from my viewpoint, empyrean is essentially DE final forming the basic core game experience. 

I dont see it as new content per se, though it is. I see it more as the basic game experience becoming what many players have dreamed of since day one. Coherent and unified experiences across the various gameplay aspects. Flying and fighting with a ship, archwing, ship infiltration and theft, to running objectives in much larger ships (instead of just dropping in from a grate prime and running from pt a to pt b) .

The archwing cannon, multiple players firing different weapons stations, managing threats both inside and outside the ship, as well as (eventually) linking external game play experiences of others to your own (via the phase 2 squad link). Not to mention eventually making better use of syndicate npcs and liches as your own personal crew. 

I mean. What are railjack boss fights gonna be like?? Giant infested mass floating through space, covered in tumors and protected hives, with a giant central eye covered by armor plated lids, that only opens to see what has destroyed all the hives on its body? Big papa plauge star. 

Giant corpus mechs? Massive planet destroyer ships? GRINEER FORMORIANS?? 

GOD i really hope we get a fomorian rework so that we can actually infiltrate them. Ive wanted that since eye of blight and the destruction of the relays ( i think thats what event that was ). 

Try not to think of it as "the next new big thing" but more as the new completion of what the base game experience should be . 

Then, after that is final formed, what type of new experiences they can integrate with that. 

yes, but it's more difficult to mentally dive into space battles in the solar system when it's different and separate from the old solar system, why not connect everything instead of making separate games?

some are small details for example, in the navigation map of the railjack you have: choice 1 - choice 2 - choice 3 etc., already here it is difficult to imagine being in a space warship

Edited by SyndriD
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, SyndriD said:

it has not been removed but modified, now you have a certain amount of energy to repartition by activating the skills (weapons, shields, invisibility, etc.) of the railjack, it has been modified so as not to let you return to the dojo from what I understand

no this was there from the beginning this energy system is seperate from what I am talking about, this system lets your have access to certain abilities  while system I am talking about was about regulating between power between weaponery, shields and engines, removal of this is disappointing, imagine situation getting dangerous and you route all power to shields or you realize you have no chance of winning so you route all power to engines to escape, this added another tactical aspec tto railjack gameplay which they removed.

12 minutes ago, Culaio said:

no this was there from the beginning this energy system is seperate from what I am talking about, this system lets your have access to certain abilities  while system I am talking about was about regulating between power between weaponery, shields and engines, removal of this is disappointing, imagine situation getting dangerous and you route all power to shields or you realize you have no chance of winning so you route all power to engines to escape, this added another tactical aspec tto railjack gameplay which they removed.

in fact they could keep it, I don't know why they raised it, it looked nice