Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player railjack and Empyrean just seems like Archwing to me after this devstream

k05h

When railjack gets released (I dont mean that vanity thing in my dry dock), new players will join the the game to see what all the fuss is about. 

But for new players it will be worse than experiencing Eidolon fights. To fully enjoy the missions with railjack they need to master archwing and most nodes of the star chart. Otherwise they will all be degraded to fire extinguishing services other games have NPCs for.

To really experience what the current trailers show in terms of space fight, new players have to invest weeks or even months before they are able to do so. It is worse than just a carotte on a stick. It is saying "play for 100+ hours to experience this fancy content". I can see many new players being turned down for good once they realise that those trailers are only for the chosen few and not for them.

It is something that really worries me 😞 

• Like 2

new players would get to it eventually, you can texpect a new player to go to railjack right away when not even knowing what warframe is, they need to learn the basics and slowly get to railjack. I mean when I started playing *a specific game* it took me a whle getting to power rank 950 to do advanced missions with better rewards and I was fine with that, new players coming to warframne should be fine with this as well

Edited by Lazarow

1 minute ago, k05h said:

new players have to invest weeks or even months before they are able to do so.

so you're saying they have to progress through the game... and that's... bad?

AFAIK, you only need to get your Archwing in order to join railjack missions. it doesn't take that long to reach that quest. you make it sound like only people who've been playing for years have a chance to own a railjack, when in reality it's something that everybody can work towards.

I know I'm gonna seem like a crusty Boomer, or an elitist or whatever, but it seems like some people are just expecting stuff to be handed to them. when I first started playing I SOOO wanted Rhino prime, but I didn't go around saying "gib now pls", I grinded my a$$ off in the old void until I had all the parts I needed.

there's a fine line between "new player friendly" and "handing everything over on a silver platter".

• Like 8

I may offend some people's privacy, but I really don't understand them whining about something parts of the game they don't at least try to fully experience and understand those parts (I felt like an idiot trying to explain those parts so that they could enjoy but ended up "we're not supposed to play those"...).

You may not enjoy those parts and may not touch them again, but in order to end some conflicts, fully understanding everything in the game is utterly necessary imo.

2 minutes ago, DupersDeBait said:

This. There’s really no reason to complain. 

Hm, will have to see. Sounded like the basic req was that archwing is unlocked. If newbies are only able to join lower levelled missions, then that's fine. But if they have a pass to every mission available? Not so fine imo.

The last thing I want is some poor newbie jumping into my lv30-40+ railjack mission with their basic *@##$ Odonata and MK-1 weapons. Bad times will be had for all. I don't mind carrying and showing the ropes, but that mode ain't for it.

Just now, Numerikuu said:

Hm, will have to see. Sounded like the basic req was that archwing is unlocked. If newbies are only able to join lower levelled missions, then that's fine. But if they have a pass to every mission available? Not so fine imo.

The last thing I want is some poor newbie jumping into my lv30-40+ railjack mission with their basic *@##$ Odonata and MK-1 weapons. Bad times will be had for all. I don't mind carrying and showing the ropes, but that mode ain't for it.

I think the crew is good to use turrets only  but only one person(yourself) will make the boarding.

15 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

i mean, sure, they wont be able to pilot their own ship, or leave via archwing, but they can still join someone else's railjack and man turrets, pilot the ship, fire the big gun, fight off boarding parties, repair the ship, manufacture munitions

Archwings will be a prereq before you can join railjack missions.

Doesn't mean they will be useful out there though...

8 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

But if they have a pass to every mission available? Not so fine imo.

I literally had a MR 2 player with me on ESO a week ago or so (they remained there till wave 8. They always have a possibility to join whatever mission they wanted given they match the requirements.

Somehow we all were fine with this till Railjack anouncement...

Edited by ant99999

1 minute ago, ant99999 said:

I literally had a MR 2 player with me on ESO a week ago or so (they remained there till wave 😎. They always have a possibility to join whatever mission they wanted given they match the requirements.

The legendary wave 😎

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

I literally had a MR 2 player with me on ESO a week ago or so (they remained there till wave 8. They always have a possibility to join whatever mission they wanted given they match the requirements.

Carrying new players has never been hard in Warframe, that's why people usually don't care. ESO is a good example of content where it's very easy.

Many players have been asking for content where they get some better challenge than carrying the new players through braindead content.

6 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

MR means nothing because even a MR2 can have a decent frame with a catalyst and or good weapon if he has enough information at the beginning to do that. The problem is when you have an incompetent  MR28 in your squad...

Edited by bibmobello

1 minute ago, wargthewarg said:

Carrying new players has never been hard in Warframe, that's why people usually don't care. ESO is a good example of content where it's very easy.

Many players have been asking for content where they get some better challenge than carrying the new players through braindead content.

1 minute ago, bibmobello said:

MR means nothing because even a MR2 can have a decent frame with a catalyst and or good weapon. The problem is when you have an incompetent  MR28 in your squad...

I know, I know, but that's not the point... Like the guy I was quoting said that they are concerned about a newer player being on their ship with them, to which my response was that it would be no different from what we have now.

13 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Different mission mode and easier to pick em' up if they go down. You're also able to work better as a team. Depending on the frame they used, their abilities still would have helped as well. (Personally though I'm no fan newbies there, not for ESO. Normal is fine.)

Railjack though? Despite being a team you each need a level of self sufficiency and need to be able to hold your own to some degree (that stream last night was chaos, and they had godmode cheats on). My worry is if a newbie heads out the ship on their low ranked Odonata, and it's a high level mission... they're toast. They'll self res, but they're a sitting duck out there. I ain't abandoning ship to res a sitting duck, as cruel as that sounds 😶 that means risking the railjack and potentially failing the entire mission.

However, we'll have to see. We didn't see everything last night, nor do we know all the information yet. I just hope it turns out to be a mode all can enjoy, and not the above.

Edited by Numerikuu

Nothing wrong with progression. I can't think of a single game, let alone online game that lets you do literally anything out the bat.

Theres no issue here, gated progression is normal. If a new player honestly thinks "geee i can't wait to play railjack immediately after getting past the tutorial" then they are incredibly naive. There are requirements like archwing before you can even join another railjack crew and I think thats a pretty easily obtainable goal. You don't need to get super far into WF before you get archwings.

I'd rather have people that kind of know what they're doing when it comes to railjack, because unlike with most other content in WF, its gonna be a lot harder to carry new players and the entire squad is much more reliant on each other then with regular missions. You can't just spam CC and pick new players up in railjack and call it a day. We all kind of have a shared health bar in a sense with railjack, so I NEED players that have more than 5 hours in game.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

1 minute ago, Numerikuu said:

My worry is if a newbie heads out the ship on their low ranked Odonata, and it's a high level mission... they're toast.

That's fair on one hand (which is why I run Orb Mothers solo). But speaking about newer players' progression... well sometimes it's best to learn something the hard way. I doubt they will ragequit Warframe because their a** got toasted on a high-level mission.

I mean, if I was that hypothetical newbie being punched to death on a harder mission (which I was some time ago), it would only give me motivation to progress further.

New players already have enough stuff to do.

And why in the sweet hell should they get to play everything without any expirience? 

I was already happy that Railjack will be available to only somewhat experienced players and now it turned out that almost anyone can join. That is the biggest disappointment by far. If It's true. And I hope It's not.