Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please give us bots only mode in Conclave

(PSN)need_nase

I have been attempting to farm Conclave standing for the last few days and have not been getting more than 500+ a match. The first match of the day I had 2000+ because it was 2v1, it was really easy because I had the really skilled player with me. Then it flipped players and I got wholloped. This is extemely aggravating, why is skill dependant on standing gain? I don't enjoy playing PvP in this game, when I get beaten by the really good players I get really mad and all I can do is slap my leg when I go 3-14 because I can't do anything else.

A bots only mode would defeat the PvP aspect of Conclave. I wouldn't advocate for that. Adding bots to fill up matches (at least make it look less abandoned) and give lesser-skilled players some better means of standing progression (and just something to do / practice against if or when they're matched outside their metaphorical bracket) is another thing entirely, even if the AI is sub-par.

EDIT: Granted, some kind of control would likely need to be implemented so players don't only farm bots. Lower standing gain against bots, doing damage to enemy players (even if it doesn't result in a kill) resetting a "counter" that otherwise lowers standing gained from bots, or something else entirely.

Edited by Tyreaus

it would be far more prudent to just expand Conclave to also include competitive-like but not directly PvP types of Gamemodes.

if the game wanted to actually make the idea of Conclave work and expand it even in a game that is otherwise quite near the tip of the mountain for casual Gameplay, then that is the route that would get those Players that refuse to go near it because they don't win sometimes.... well it would create something that would be popular to them.
many things that could be offered there, from Speedrunning/Endurance (just Leaderboards in general), or any sort of new custom Gamemode where Players compete with each other, in a side by side manner, rather than direct on manner.

I think bots might be a necessity because the PVP modes are basically dead. Every time I tried to play lunaro in more than a year I've been left with an empty queue and nobody ever joining. Same with PVP.

I know PVP and Lunaro isn't the focus and are mostly abandoned features nowadays, but whenever I see the game having like six months of content drought, I wonder why DE hasn't realized yet than strong player vs player engagement is great at keeping people competitive and occupied in between updates.

Worse part is , it would require very little effort for pretty good results.

1 - Bring back solar rail conflicts. Was fun to have two teams of actual players using fully modded frames and fighting each other for control of a zone on the map.

2 - Make a variant of Rathuum and The Index that's player vs player, allowing teams to compete against each other instead of against dumb bots... Or develop your own version of destiny's gambit, with a cool PVPVE setting.

3 - Finally bring stalker mode, that way we can get cool player invasions in our missions and the game now feels like dark souls.

4 - For Lunaro, make something like one or two tournaments a year with cool prizes like the promised but never released lunaro ball weapon as reward, perfect to fill in the gaps between Nightwave Seasons and big content drops (think iron banner in destiny).

In the end, I'm sure making a couple small events every now and then in between big updates would help people get back into PVP, and perhaps adding a couple cool rewards for playing matches (not stuff you have to purchase with affinity).

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

- Bring back solar rail conflicts. Was fun to have two teams of actual players using fully modded frames and fighting each other for control of a zone on the map.

Well, I had a blast solo steamrolling a huge Alliance's Solar Rail vs 8 defending Tenno and kill everyone in the way, turrets and AI units included, with weapons that are far from Meta...

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, Twilight-Knight said:

Be clear that when we say add bots in conclave, mean bots like in Rail Junctions with higher responding AI . 

Now what make you think it would not save PvP , and what would your idea be like ? 

Simply because PvP literally means Player Versus Player, so adding bots in it isn't PvP anymore.

They can just make Conclave PvPvE or as other suggested something like a leaderboard kinda thing coz these frames aren't designed for PvP so it feels horrible to play PvP. I honestly think the current Conclave can't be saved. XD

2 hours ago, Twilight-Knight said:

Stuff that they probably shouldn't have

Gonna really suggest you edit that. I know you feel slighted, insulted, or whatever.. but we can't be going there.

I say this because I'd rather you be able to share your ideas and thoughts when you're having a better day, rather than losing that right over this.

On 2019-12-09 at 6:51 PM, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

I know PVP and Lunaro isn't the focus and are mostly abandoned features nowadays, but whenever I see the game having like six months of content drought, I wonder why DE hasn't realized yet than strong player vs player engagement is great at keeping people competitive and occupied in between updates.

Replayable content to help ease the wait time. Of course

Worse part is , it would require very little effort for pretty good results.

Maybe. I don't personally know that.

1 - Bring back solar rail conflicts. Was fun to have two teams of actual players using fully modded frames and fighting each other for control of a zone on the map.

Yes,please. It was super enjoyable, it just needs a way for it to handle exploitation.

2 - Make a variant of Rathuum and The Index that's player vs player, allowing teams to compete against each other instead of against dumb bots...

This would be an interesting PvPvE mode, as I train in the simulacrum with scans of those characters. They're on a tier of their own.

Granted, nowadays I try to stay away from new suggestions because the old ones really need to be strengthened; they have so much room to be expanded on.

4 - For Lunaro, make something like one or two tournaments a year with cool prizes like the promised but never released lunaro ball weapon as reward, perfect to fill in the gaps between Nightwave Seasons and big content drops (think iron banner in destiny).

In the end, I'm sure making a couple small events every now and then in between big updates would help people get back into PVP

Small, non-intrusive changes can definitely help. I see a lot of people refer to Opticor/Valentines/Snowball events, but I hadn't played them myself.

Perhaps adding a couple cool rewards for playing matches (not stuff you have to purchase with affinity).

Incentives for staying, stuff that helps you keep playing the mode and strengthen the PvP player-base is what I  hope for, and is seen a few other places. Formas, Frames, Potatoes, Weapons (if they are going to be truly separate). I don't really think the separation is helpful/constructive due to balancing issues and community divide, though.

On 2019-12-09 at 6:18 PM, (PS4)need_nase said:

I have been attempting to farm Conclave standing for the last few days and have not been getting more than 500+ a match. The first match of the day I had 2000+ because it was 2v1, it was really easy because I had the really skilled player with me. Then it flipped players and I got wholloped. This is extemely aggravating, why is skill dependant on standing gain? I don't enjoy playing PvP in this game, when I get beaten by the really good players I get really mad and

It definitely can be frustrating at times! And I play this mode quite often. Sorry to hear that's been your experience. Hopefully they make it more sensible way to do this. There's quite a few conclave resources and people to assist on YouTube/Steam/Discord, but I can hop on with you sometime to help if you'd like. 

all I can do is slap my leg when I go 3-14 because I can't do anything else.

That had me rolling

• Like 1

Hmm, I normally have absolutely NO interest in Conclave, but when the snowball, Paris only and Nikana only events happened, even I played it, because I wanted to get my hands on the Heart and Oro noggles (sadly enough, the Heart noggle can simply be bought for credits nowadays around Valentines day...). Simply putting in timed events with some interesting rewards from time to time could help a lot (make sure, though, that the rewards are exclusive, not like the recent Nightwave shop rotations, that had old Tennobaum Solstice skins for sale... Seing this was a big bummer for me...). Also, if snowball or the beach event should ever return, please drastically improve the hit detection. Playing the beach event was a pain, because properly hitting anything with the arced water splashes was almost impossible...

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-12-09 at 6:18 PM, (PS4)need_nase said:

I go 3-14 because I can't do anything else.

You can improve! Farming standing isn't the answer, especially if you want the endgame content that Conclave is. Taking strides to do better by reading guides, consulting with other players, and simply practicing will be enough where you can pick up the mode. For some people, it takes weeks; for others, years. It is possible to learn, though.