The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing is unplayable on console

(PSN)TertulSee

DE has removed basically all mobility from Archwing on console now. We don’t get boosts, the archwing feels slow and even in sprint mode, the archwings feel like they can’t be used for the single thing that they’re good at. Railjack is out and we have Empyrean now which feels slow and tedious. Now, DE have left us with a month of nearly unplayable content. I don’t know what could happen because DE is probably already out on vacation and won’t be back until the new year. Please, fix this before everyone quits and loses their mind.

I'm on the fence about it... Itzal feels horrible now. The ripline is extremely useless. (the whole point about having blink warping was to move while invisible, without "moving" to break invis.) Universal blink is dash-real-quick-then-get-stunned-and-make-you-wonder-why-you-dashed-in-the-first-place stupid.

Archwing seems much easier to control in actual Archwing missions. I don't find myself rolled at awkward angles anymore, and felt much better when gathering my Cryptographic ALUs.

Archwing in open worlds is stressful. Before, you could blink around pretty fast, and not really have to worry about insta-kill missiles... now, with a 3 second cooldown, it's a mad dash to get around before some stray attack kills me instantly, and I find myself landing out of Archwing to avoid missiles by being on the ground. I don't know if it works to break the lockon, but I do it anyway, because the flashing missile warnings every other second are just "get out of the sky idiot, you're not meant to fly in the Plains of Eidolon!"

Overall, major downgrade to where I use Archwing the most. Railjack's archwing component is just broken with everything insta-killing you unless you're Amesha. (apparently, on the Dev stream, they said they were fixing a few things that made it more broken than intended, but we won't see any major changes until they do a full balance pass on Archwings with the introduction of modular Archwings.)

I have 0 issues with my Archwings. Sure, Amesha is the only viable one for Railjack, but other than that I find it to be pretty fine. The controls are different, took me a whole 5 minutes to adapt, but they are way simpler and easier to control now. Lord Clem know the wifey thanks DE for the change since she struggled with old AW and now she feels like a damn hero on space.

Different? Heck yeah. Worse/Unplayable? Far from it. Just needs people to slap an [Adaptation] on their mind mod settings. Either that or OP is experience a god awful hecking bug.

I do want DE to address this AW problem we have now where Amesha is the only viable option. Please do change the from the ground up, refine abilities, come up with new ones, give new mods to archwings, etc. Their biggest problem right now is lack of tools and fine tuning to prosper. Other than that DE took a very good step in the right direction.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

every Archwing needs a rework really, along with better mods than the very basic ones we have now. we need Corrupted mods, and Nightmare Mods to make our Archwings as strong as our Warframes are. Primed Archwing mods wouldn't hurt, and would give Baro something to sell. the only problem is that this is a really tall order, like an entire update would have to be focused simply on fixing Archwing, and i don't think DE will bother spending too much time on this.

It feels okay to me, but maybe its because I've gone through all the prior tweaks from when it first released, so it's like okay one more thing to get used to...The universal blink seems okay once you get the cool-down timing, just tap your bumper and off you go...I would love for them to just reduce that time because reasons are valid across the board as in they have active content creators tearing this game and them down every video released, so best start being proactive on your player base's good will now, but whatever as my gen says...

8 hours ago, (PS4)TertulSee said:

DE has removed basically all mobility from Archwing on console now. We don’t get boosts, the archwing feels slow and even in sprint mode, the archwings feel like they can’t be used for the single thing that they’re good at. Railjack is out and we have Empyrean now which feels slow and tedious. Now, DE have left us with a month of nearly unplayable content. I don’t know what could happen because DE is probably already out on vacation and won’t be back until the new year. Please, fix this before everyone quits and loses their mind.

Mess with the button mapping for blink/dodge. Select it like you are going to change it then back out. Back out again until it asks you if you want to save changes and say yes. Blink should now work. It's a bug that I know is on xbox which makes it so blink doesnt work.