Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are there so many Railjack missions?

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

In "Specters of the Rail", DE cut out all the duplicate mission types on each planet. Now, there's only one Exterminate, Capture, or whatever per planet. How come there's 3-4 of the exact same mission per Proxima in Railjack? Why are they all called "Skirmish" despite having different objectives? All this does is make it harder to find a team in matchmaking by spreading people out among separate yet identical missions. These choices are silly and should be changed in the next update to Railjack, hopefully by the time "Finding Answers" comes around.

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime
  • Like 1

The objectives are always the same, only the side objectives depends of PoIs, and MAYBE they only added the nodes and will change them into other modes besides skirmish when they add them to the game, what we got is the base railjack so we only need to wait to see what comes next...

Edited by Duskham

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Nope. Most are Sabotage, some are Assassination, and some are just plain Exterminate. 

Those are the side objectives, based on the Point of Interest (PoI) of the mission, and some missions have random PoIs... the base and MAIN objective is ALWAYS a exterminate (Skirmish, Kill X fighters / X Crewships)

Edited by Duskham

Because it's an extremely rushed and unfinished mode. They likely knew they couldn't finish in time so they focused on a small number of things they could get working (and even those are broken and buggy as hell). I'm sure they will add more mission types over time. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Duskham said:

Those are the side objectives, based on the Point of Interest (PoI) of the mission, and some missions have random PoIs... the base and MAIN objective is ALWAYS a exterminate (Skirmish, Kill X fighters / X Crewships)

Are "Points of Interest" really random? I was certain that they weren't. If that's actually true, then it's even WORSE that there's so many missions since they're even more identical than I thought they were. Also, there is nothing to distinguish one objective from another as being "main" as they are all required to win. If anything, I'd say that simply clearing out the enemies is the side objective if anything.

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime

As people have said, it is likely future proofing for new mission types, they've changed a few nodes on the normal Star Chart too (Disruption nodes for example) so it is plausible that they might change the node objectives in the future.

Just now, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

It's just funny how it's blatant filler.

That's what happens when DE rushes content out but still tries to design with the future in mind.

Overall though I'd take easy to change filler over needing a longer time to slot in new nodes, even if the filler is a bit...absurd.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aldain said:

That's what happens when DE rushes content out but still tries to design with the future in mind.

Overall though I'd take easy to change filler over needing a longer time to slot in new nodes, even if the filler is a bit...absurd.

Kinda strange how Railjack is so rushed, despite being in development for so long. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Kinda strange how Railjack is so rushed, despite being in development for so long. 

Were I to hazard a guess I'd say they ran into a development snag midway though the previous year, I remember earlier on in the year they were talking about it more often (around July iirc) but suddenly it went radio silent on the entire thing for months until near the Game Awards.

I couldn't guess what the snag was, but something tells me that there was a big issue that caused them to need to rework some things in it, though again, I have little to substantiate that guess.

19 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Were I to hazard a guess I'd say they ran into a development snag midway though the previous year, I remember earlier on in the year they were talking about it more often (around July iirc) but suddenly it went radio silent on the entire thing for months until near the Game Awards.

I couldn't guess what the snag was, but something tells me that there was a big issue that caused them to need to rework some things in it, though again, I have little to substantiate that guess.

Possible redesign halfway through the content's development perhaps? Glassdoor reviews do suggest that upper management is sometimes pretty messy.

They prob scrapped and remake a lot of stuff during development...a common cause of delays too as well

Tbh if they have spend so much time on making something only to scrap it, is a waste of time and money imo, just go with what you have made. 

Also the same reason why tf2 took 9 years to make. 

8 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Possible redesign halfway through the content's development perhaps? Glassdoor reviews do suggest that upper management is sometimes pretty messy.

That's my guess, currently. There's really no other explanation how they managed to spend enough time to develop an entire standalone game and delivered THAT at the end of it. It feels like they had to scrap everything and start over from scratch somewhere in the last 6-12 months.

13 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

the exact same mission

Realistically there is only one mission for Railjack with small variations.

Having only a single mission and expecting players to farm it for a month would look extremely silly though. So they just copy/pasted the mission a couple times.

Well allegedly their plan is to make it so the new POI system randomizes exactly what objectives you get. I think right now we just don't have too many.

Frankly, I have to agree. We should be able to select "Veil Proxima" and literally everybody who wants to do Veil missions should be in the same queue. There's not enough differences between the different missions to really justify having more than one node. Just let us select one Proxima, turn the randomization up to 11, and leave any other nodes for special boss fights or something.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Completely agree.  I like to pilot and many times have only 1-2 players on ship.  Other than first few days, seems many people stopped playing.  I have not had a full 4 person crew but I do have many people try to join but fail...

I suppose it is because of the bugs.  We have immortal ships that heal instantly, crashes to desktop, lose of rewards, avionics that do not affect ship (i.e. no speed boost), etc.  Those are just a few bugs I can think of off top head.