Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finally got a Vidar Cryophon MK3, I kind of prefer the Zetki

FataL-Flaw

After using Zetki MK3 Cryophons for a long time, I finally got a Vidar drop with a ~54% damage roll.. so it's slightly more damage than the Zetki and about 37% less heat.

In practice, the lack of the fire rate buff on the Vidar is very noticeable.  1 second between shots seems like forever.  The lower heat accrual also didn't make as much of a difference as I expected, but maybe I could ditch the polar coil for a crit % once I get a second Vidar.

Anyone else prefer the Zetki over the Vidar?

No, I wish I never made any crappy Zekti weapons and made myself buy repair drones because I wasted so much resources on them. Though I can't lie, the Zekti Mk2 Cryo did do me pretty well even in Veil before I had anything more useful. Still wish I never made it though and just used Archwing like I should have.

If you really hate the fire rate you can probably use Wisp and just put a haste mote on the pilot/gunner seat, but the firerate isn't that bad when you can 1 shot everything but outriders 48% of the time. 

9 minutes ago, FataL-Flaw said:

Vidar drop with a ~54% damage roll.. so it's slightly more damage than the Zetki and about 37% less heat.

The Cryophon is a special case. Usually Zetki has 4x the heat and 50% more damage - a bad trade off, but in the Cryophons case they seem about equal.

37 minutes ago, FataL-Flaw said:

Anyone else prefer the Zetki over the Vidar?

I have used both and the Zetki fire-rate is nice but it badly needs polar coil and maybe the rank 9 gunnery perk(I do not have it) to work. Stock Zetki will just reach overheat far too easily and I didn't like the down time.

I might try Zetki again with the gunnery 9 perk in the future but it is not very high on my to do list.

Nope, too much heat, too low crit and too low damage on Zetki to be worth it as any weapon, especially the cryo where it is silly far behind vidar.

A max rolled Zetki vs a max rolled Vidar ends up with the Zetki winning by barely 15% damage on all weapons besides cryo. But the heat build up is absurd and you need to spend alot of capacity on heat avionics and even then they still heat up horribly fast. Vidar lacks a wee bit in damage but is always ahead on crit too, which imo is far more benefitical than the RoF. You can also completely ignore heat avionics on Vidar and either stack more damage or more survivability on your RJ. The slightly higher status chance on Zetki is pointless, because only Photor needs reliable stacking status application and in that spot Lavan is better, even with lower crit damage. All other weapons have bad stat weight on their stacking statuses so crit will always be more usefull.

Zetki would effectively need 2x the damage per shot to be viable since the heat cost equals 3-4 shots already and at the rate they spit out shots the overheat happens in seconds.

For anything but the cryophon, I'd say Zekti is borderline useless. For cryophons, though, I actually prefer Zektis. I'm running a Vidar polar coil and I've just gotten to R5 gunnery, so I can get 4 shots off quite rapidly. It's enough to overcome the healing field against most enemies as well, which until they fix them in some way (either change them to healing zeplens you can actually destroy or add a delay before regeneration) is the only real option, besides seeker missiles and the main gun

Nah, Vidar all the way. If you're not running pugs, you want a Wisp on engineer/boarder cleanup duty anyways, and that means you have a permanent Fire Rate buff for the pilot. Besides, unless you still don't have the meta mods (Void Hole, Munitions Vortex) you don't do much shooting anyways - it's either Tycho Seekers into the Void Hole or 1-2 Cryo shots into the Vortex and everything dies. 

Even in a no Vortex/Voidhole scenario, you really want more shots before overheating, not less, because that downtime to lose the heat simply makes any fire rate boost (for THAT much more heat) useless. 

So nope, Zetki guns are borderline garbage in their current form, you want Vidar for you Cryo/Carcinox and Lavan for your Apoc (more fire rate, more status stacks, more overall DPS). 

1 hour ago, LazyKnight said:

I might try Zetki again with the gunnery 9 perk in the future

It requires you to drift for those benefits, and you really don't get much shooting done while drifting, not without Gunnery 10 anyway. 

Edited by Reifnir

With a maxed polar coil and the gunnery passive skills, I want to say I actually get about 6 shots out of the Zetki Cryo. (I think the 6th is when it overheats)

Something I noticed after getting the gunnery skills is that the heat seems to go down just as fast or faster from overheat vs when you just pause your firing.

Finally, the few second delay before the heat meter goes down makes the Vidar's lower heat value less beneficial.  If the heat value began counting down immediately after a shot I think the Vidar's lower heat accretion would let it get off far more shots and turn the slower fire rate into a trade-off instead of just a drawback.  

Personally I've preferred Zekti as well just because I can use the fire rate to force through the Veil healing. Even with having to wait for the overheat between every 1-3 enemies I prefer that far more than waiting for the healing to wear off. And in the situations where it bugs out and enemies get permanent healing I don't know what else can take them out besides the Artillery.

Also I'd prefer to not get used to using the Wisp interaction as it feels like something that'll get patched out eventually.

6 hours ago, Steeldragonz said:

the fire rate is the reason i use the zetki mk3 instead. but What i done instead is use the Vidars on the side, and zetki as the mains.

I do the same thing!

so on that note is every one like me and realizes they are the only real gun to get?

combines with Munitions vortex can out damage heal (can’t remove it though) a crit kills most ships in a hit. Just good.

2 hours ago, trst said:

And in the situations where it bugs out and enemies get permanent healing I don't know what else can take them out besides the Artillery

🤣

I laugh every time I need to unload an artillery shot just to kill a bugged outrider.  It is literally the only reason I bother keeping dome charges stocked.