Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Actual Auction house is what we need

anemo2

The people getting upset over this idea are the "Juicers". These are the people who try and sell stuff for 3 to 4 times what they are worth. And don't get me started on the 6000pl and 100,000pl Rivens and Primed Barrel Mod. Do you know how much actual money that is at 17pl per USD $. 6,000PL = $300 usd for a MOD. And that one I keep seeing people wanting to buy for 100KPL = $5,000 USD.

So, yes we need an Auction House. And we need one to curb the 'Koolaid Man" aka the Juicers. Just set it up like eBay except do not allow the seller to put an astronomical reserve price on it. If you are familiar with Forza Motorsport, that is what we need. It goes for what it goes for. And you cannot remove an item once it has bids. You may reject the sale but if you do it more than three times you are locked from "selling" in the auction house for 72hrs. Do it again in 30 days and it's a two week lock out of all services in the AH.

AND FOR LOTUS SAKE, remove that insane 1,000,000 Cr to trade Primed Mod's. I lost a lot of sale because the poor Tenno couldn't afford the MOD. I know people will say "But they are trying to prevent new players from X, Y and Z". BS, then why even sell them at the relay? And for the LOVE of LOTUS, remove that insane Trade Tax BS. It is arbitrary and unnecessary. I mean really who actually benefits from that?

Edited by SPEKTRE76

An auction house nearly killed diablo 3 and has left a smear of plenty of developers reputations for years to come after the whole debatacle was resolved by removing it entirely from the game. 

I played plenty of mmos where auction houses all lead to a rise to the bottom and currency both ingame and real life money became utterly useless over the years. 

a quick fictional example. 

with a trade chat a few people from their respective regions can and will put out trades for things like an braton prime set. 

they can charge a small to medium plat prize for that that buyers can accept. 

With an auction house there are zero barriers to entry. 

instead of a few people there is nothing stopping say 60% of the european player base that has a braton prime set to just throw it onto the auction house and see if anyone pickit up. 

with a couple of millions of braton prime sets the only way to sell is either get lucky with a clueless buyer or undersell. 

if people undersell enough the prizes are going to be dumped and once they are they will remain dumped. 

what once sold for 50 plat is now perhaps worth 1 plat due to the sheer volume of the items being sold. 

That is a quick example of how you can ruin a game economy in a few steps. 

2 hours ago, EmailSoup said:

I'm comparing the implementation of an official marketplace in Warframe to the official marketplace that Steam games have. Not comparing Warframe with TF2. I gave an example of a singular game that has a marketplace this way that has a successful economy, but there are many other examples. I chose one that I have a lot of experience with.

And that's exactly why you're not talking about anything useful. You need to look at the economic framework for Warframe and ask "what will happen if they do what I'm asking". Until you know the answer to that, then you'll never be able to propose a good system for Warframe. 

Quite a number of us have thought about it and come to the exact same conclusion. Increasing supply, while not simultaneously increasing demand leads to prices crashing. 

Nope. I don't believe I missed the mark on that, unless you are talking about something completely irrelevant, because I think I replied pretty well. EDIT: I see what you mean about the prices changing. I still don't think it's an issue. It's expected. I didn't "expect" the price changes 7 years later, but I don't care. It's natural. When something is so abundant, it'll drop in price. That's reasonable and makes sense and how it should already be. People complaining about the market changing into way the market should already be is not something I care about. I completely understand the "issue" vets have with the implementation of the system, and the sudden drop of "demand" it would have, I just don't care -when it would benefit most players.

The problem is that with very few exceptions, supply all items which can be traded in this game must eventually exceed demand. Prices will fall, and the greater you make the supply side of the equation, the worse it is going to be over time. This isn't a "7 years later" problem, it's potentially a "within 24 hours" problem. Some may argue that it's currently a "less than a day". 

Again this is a very simple concept. It should be immediately apparent to you once you begin to think about how supply and demand work in Warframe's economic ecosystem. 

Hence why the "changing of prices" wouldn't matter much. I don't see any issues, personally. With any of it. The current garbage "market" that warframe has versus an official one would see little changes other than an actual steady pricelist and not people trying to sell their prime sets for triple their recommended amount. They're both fine options but I personally think an official one would be only beneficial (despite not using either)

No. 

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And that's exactly why you're not talking about anything useful. You need to look at the economic framework for Warframe and ask "what will happen if they do what I'm asking". Until you know the answer to that, then you'll never be able to propose a good system for Warframe. 

Quite a number of us have thought about it and come to the exact same conclusion. Increasing supply, while not simultaneously increasing demand leads to prices crashing. 

The problem is that with very few exceptions, supply all items which can be traded in this game must eventually exceed demand. Prices will fall, and the greater you make the supply side of the equation, the worse it is going to be over time. This isn't a "7 years later" problem, it's potentially a "within 24 hours" problem. Some may argue that it's currently a "less than a day". 

Again this is a very simple concept. It should be immediately apparent to you once you begin to think about how supply and demand work in Warframe's economic ecosystem. 

No. 

I know I'm not talking about anything useful. I'm not proposing a grand update to the trading system. I hardly ever trade, it's not important to me. 

I have no interest in studying the economic framework for a video game, the forums are just fun to mess around on. You're replying to me like there is a genuine danger that is a threat to the community and you must protect it; that DE will see my comment and think "That's a good idea," and add it. There is no chance of that. Relax.

If the prices crash because of something like this, I would remain unaffected. It's fun to see discussions like this on forums, though.

I also think it's funny that you straight up just said "no" to my hypothetical opinion paragraph like that would stop a normal person from functioning or something

1 hour ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

The people getting upset over this idea are the "Juicers". These are the people who try and sell stuff for 3 to 4 times what they are worth. And don't get me started on the 6000pl and 100,000pl Rivens and Primed Barrel Mod. Do you know how much actual money that is at 17pl per USD $. 6,000PL = $300 usd for a MOD. And that one I keep seeing people wanting to buy for 100KPL = $5,000 USD.

So, yes we need an Auction House. And we need one to curb the 'Koolaid Man" aka the Juicers. Just set it up like eBay except do not allow the seller to put an astronomical reserve price on it. If you are familiar with Forza Motorsport, that is what we need. It goes for what it goes for. And you cannot remove an item once it has bids. You may reject the sale but if you do it more than three times you are locked from "selling" in the auction house for 72hrs. Do it again in 30 days and it's a two week lock out of all services in the AH.

AND FOR LOTUS SAKE, remove that insane 1,000,000 Cr to trade Primed Mod's. I lost a lot of sale because the poor Tenno couldn't afford the MOD. I know people will say "But they are trying to prevent new players from X, Y and Z". BS, then why even sell them at the relay? And for the LOVE of LOTUS, remove that insane Trade Tax BS. It is arbitrary and unnecessary. I mean really who actually benefits from that?

That's a pretty ridiculous strawman you built for yourself, coloured writing and all. I don't typically sell stuff, I'm more likely to give things away to people. So your nonsense claim doesn't apply to me. And I'm telling you, in no uncertain terms, that an auction house system is a terrible idea. 

Worse than that, the good rivens will be one of the very few things most likely to hold any value under such a system because demand will continue to exceed supply because they're unique. 

And seriously, if you are trading with people who can't rustle up some credits, you are trying to trade with people who probably aren't ready to do so. Sort of like how you can find endgame content on the starter planets. 

8 minutes ago, EmailSoup said:

I know I'm not talking about anything useful. I'm not proposing a grand update to the trading system. I hardly ever trade, it's not important to me. 

I have no interest in studying the economic framework for a video game, the forums are just fun to mess around on. You're replying to me like there is a genuine danger that is a threat to the community and you must protect it; that DE will see my comment and think "That's a good idea," and add it. There is no chance of that. Relax.

If the prices crash because of something like this, I would remain unaffected. It's fun to see discussions like this on forums, though.

I also think it's funny that you straight up just said "no" to my hypothetical opinion paragraph like that would stop a normal person from functioning or something

Ah yes the "I've not a clue, and refuse to go find one, and if it does bad things to a game that's not really in a great position, we'll claim we did it for the lulz" strategy. 

Btw the no was in response to a nonsensical claim, because any other reply would have been wasted. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Ah yes the "I've not a clue, and refuse to go find one, and if it does bad things to a game that's not really in a great position, we'll claim we did it for the lulz" strategy. 

Btw the no was in response to a nonsensical claim, because any other reply would have been wasted. 

No, I am being serious and not claiming any "lulz" strategy. Since the beginning of this comment chain I did not care, and I made that clear. I still don't. I don't trade. There is literally no reason for me to. 

I still think it would be a good change if we got an "Auction House."

I will however continue to reply if you wish to comment further. Again, not claiming any "lulz" strategy, I just don't care and have made that clear since the start. I care about other topics (See my other comments here and on reddit) just not trading. Trading in a video game is a funny concept to me and I enjoy the discussions it brings. +edit Just because somebody doesn't care about something, doesn't immediately make it a "lulz" strategy. We all find our fun in different ways. (And while it would've been fun, that's not what I'm doing here.)

Edit 2: I realize I was not clear from the start. Which automatically defaults to me having cared about the original things I stated. So we'll go with that one

Edited by EmailSoup

you do realize you don't need Rivens at all? you can do everything in the game same way with other weapons, IF ppl want to buy it for 5000 or 10k or 100k who cares...? Rivens are a bonus you dont need them... if you want them you either try getting them your self or buy them EASY AS THAT, every F2P game has whales who will spend that kind of money... if they want to buy it for that price let them... i dont understand whats the problem?

Its like crying in real life that Lamborghini special limited edition cost OMG so much why they cost so much when they are not worth that much? do you need one? no you dont... your fine with the regular one...

get your own Riven or buy with bad stats and try to roll the stats that you want yourself if you want one that badly but cant afford it...

This thread still kicking around somehow. DE said they'll never do an auction house and the current system ain't that bad and i sell things low like people double check with me that's the price i posted low and im always hovering around the 6k or 5k mark if i keep up with trading. Never get this false narrative of "rivens are the only way to make plat". It's a way to make a large sum of plat but requires soo much luck to pull a good sell so i stick to selling cheap unrolls as selling parts, prime sets, ayatans, vaulted stuff, and other stuff at low prices beats waiting 2 hours to sell a riven.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mest_Gryder said:

I see many hurt people who try to defend their profit and do not provide any good concept in exchange
and I see people who seem to spend their life on the forum.

There's actually a handful of people requesting to keep the current system the same. There's nothing wrong with the absence of an auction house. The game functions as usual anyway. 

You don't see many "good concepts" because it's rather difficult to come up with one that wouldn't destroy the economy. It's easier to leave it the way it is. Way harder to formulate a new trading mechanic that would please everyone.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb (XB1)The Neko Otaku:

This thread still kicking around somehow. DE said they'll never do an auction house and the current system ain't that bad and i sell things low like people double check with me that's the price i posted low and im always hovering around the 6k or 5k mark if i keep up with trading. Never get this false narrative of "rivens are the only way to make plat". It's a way to make a large sum of plat but requires soo much luck to pull a good sell so i stick to selling cheap unrolls as selling parts, prime sets, ayatans, vaulted stuff, and other stuff at low prices beats waiting 2 hours to sell a riven.

but the trade chat is a mess even with filters. Can't we have at least some nice features like, repeat previous offer by pressing arrow up and seperate the trade chat in buying and selling, so people can't write WTB and WTS in the same chat wall?

EDIT: I actually want to put that now into feedback

Edited by Mest_Gryder

The financial success of Warframe has many reasons. Definitely one of those reasons is the ridiculous time investment required to manually trade. Out of sheer frustration and impatience alot of players just buy plat when their daily reward roll is a discount.

Convenience is king, cash is King. I want an auction house and I would donkey punch at tennocon any drivel about why there should not be one.

The day DE creates a slick and professional auction house is the day when they free the child captive in the back of the van making crayola pictures that occasionally tells you that you "Fight with honour".

1 hour ago, EmailSoup said:

No, I am being serious and not claiming any "lulz" strategy. Since the beginning of this comment chain I did not care, and I made that clear. I still don't. I don't trade. There is literally no reason for me to. 

I still think it would be a good change if we got an "Auction House."

I will however continue to reply if you wish to comment further. Again, not claiming any "lulz" strategy, I just don't care and have made that clear since the start. I care about other topics (See my other comments here and on reddit) just not trading. Trading in a video game is a funny concept to me and I enjoy the discussions it brings. +edit Just because somebody doesn't care about something, doesn't immediately make it a "lulz" strategy. We all find our fun in different ways. (And while it would've been fun, that's not what I'm doing here.)

Edit 2: I realize I was not clear from the start. Which automatically defaults to me having cared about the original things I stated. So we'll go with that one

Can't keep your own story straight? Always a bad sign. Worse if you are going to advocate for a change, try to pick one that won't hurt the game. 

And by hurt the game, you need to understand that just because you and I may not make much use of the trade, it's still a very important part of the developers being able to keep the lights on.

So if you want to keep playing warframe, yes killing the economy is going to affect you, regardless of how much trading you do. 

1 hour ago, Mest_Gryder said:

I see many hurt people who try to defend their profit and do not provide any good concept in exchange
and I see people who seem to spend their life on the forum.

I see many people who are not able to grasp simple economic principles, and think that their own greed is a valid reason to ask for bad changes. 

Try picking up an entry level economics textbook at your local library. 

1 hour ago, Mest_Gryder said:

but the trade chat is a mess even with filters. Can't we have at least some nice features like, repeat previous offer by pressing arrow up and seperate the trade chat in buying and selling, so people can't write WTB and WTS in the same chat wall?

EDIT: I actually want to put that now into feedback

Try using a small number of simple positive filters. Focus on a few items you want to deal with at a time, instead of trying to see all of the things you think will make you rich overnight. 

But yes by all means request the ability to easily resend your previous messages in feedback if you like. The other bits, not great ideas. 

49 minutes ago, Lycanthropic said:

Convenience is king, cash is King. I want an auction house and I would donkey punch at tennocon any drivel about why there should not be one.

How about, "what you're asking would bring in less cash for the developers, so since cash is king, and money talks, you get to take a walk"? 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Can't keep your own story straight? Always a bad sign. Worse if you are going to advocate for a change, try to pick one that won't hurt the game. 

And by hurt the game, you need to understand that just because you and I may not make much use of the trade, it's still a very important part of the developers being able to keep the lights on.

So if you want to keep playing warframe, yes killing the economy is going to affect you, regardless of how much trading you do. 

I will pick what I want and I will pick it fiercely. I don't need to understand anything to pick, I've been picking all my life and it has had no adverse effects.

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh we're not talking about your teeth or guitar here. We're talking about trying to avoid making deleterious choices. 

I'm glad we're on the same page.

Now, with that out of the way, we should get an official marketplace-like thing incorporated into Warframe. Be it an auction house, whatever. I think it would be a good addition and would only benefit players. For example, I have been looking for a Ballistica prime Lower Limb since I got the game and they're all being sold for overpriced values in trade chat. I really want a Ballistica Prime.

With an auction house, I'd be able to get it with a fair price (and probably overnight), away from my console/PC. Other players, who are also seeking a Ballistica Prime, could do the same (Obviously this is just an example. I don't expect all players to need one.). I'd imagine this feature might "hurt" vets of the game, but we need to consider the new player experience. Especially when it comes to trading. There are so many things I don't have yet because there is no auction house, and I'm sure many could agree with me.

43 minutes ago, EmailSoup said:

I'm glad we're on the same page.

Me too, but you still seem to be several posts behind, let's try to help you get up to speed. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

48 minutes ago, EmailSoup said:

Now, with that out of the way, we should get an official marketplace-like thing incorporated into Warframe. Be it an auction house, whatever. I think it would be a good addition and would only benefit players. For example, I have been looking for a Ballistica prime Lower Limb since I got the game and they're all being sold for overpriced values in trade chat. I really want a Ballistica Prime.

With an auction house, I'd be able to get it with a fair price (and probably overnight), away from my console/PC. Other players, who are also seeking a Ballistica Prime, could do the same (Obviously this is just an example. I don't expect all players to need one.). I'd imagine this feature might "hurt" vets of the game, but we need to consider the new player experience. Especially when it comes to trading. There are so many things I don't have yet because there is no auction house, and I'm sure many could agree with me.

Firstly, that's a very odd worldview you have. "Fair price" is an odd term and will always depend on both parties agreeing.  It's not something that you can dictate unilaterally. It's obvious that the sellers you've been in contact with, disagree with you about what that "fair price" is. 

Perhaps you should tell us what you are writing in chat to ask for the item. Is it something along the lines of "wtb ballistica prime lower limb 2 plat"? 

The auction house you are looking for, would mean that practically every item will be selling for about that. This makes it harder and harder for the free players to get any plat from trading. Recall that they're still a major part of the success of the game. 

4 hours ago, ssxtriki said:

you do realize you don't need Rivens at all? you can do everything in the game same way with other weapons, IF ppl want to buy it for 5000 or 10k or 100k who cares...? Rivens are a bonus you dont need them... if you want them you either try getting them your self or buy them EASY AS THAT, every F2P game has whales who will spend that kind of money... if they want to buy it for that price let them... i dont understand whats the problem?

Its like crying in real life that Lamborghini special limited edition cost OMG so much why they cost so much when they are not worth that much? do you need one? no you dont... your fine with the regular one...

get your own Riven or buy with bad stats and try to roll the stats that you want yourself if you want one that badly but cant afford it...

I literally hear the sound of vomit when I read this. It's not just about Rivens, it's other stuff too. When I see a Loki Prime for 450pl I laugh. I have never bought a Riven in my life. I only have 6 of them that I have popped already. It appears yo have failed to grasp my point. You and your other (PS4) tagged buddy, starting to notice a pattern here.......I still stand by my statement that we need an auction house. And BTW, I don't see anyone clamoring to spend 6000 plat on a MOD. Let alone a 350pl Ember Prime. Hell I even saw a 400pl Mag Prime in there. I'm almost willing to bet you are a "Juicer".

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That's a pretty ridiculous strawman you built for yourself, coloured writing and all. I don't typically sell stuff, I'm more likely to give things away to people. So your nonsense claim doesn't apply to me. And I'm telling you, in no uncertain terms, that an auction house system is a terrible idea. 

Worse than that, the good rivens will be one of the very few things most likely to hold any value under such a system because demand will continue to exceed supply because they're unique. 

And seriously, if you are trading with people who can't rustle up some credits, you are trying to trade with people who probably aren't ready to do so. Sort of like how you can find endgame content on the starter planets. 

Nonsense, have you been to the Trade Chat lately? And you don't get to see who has what in terms of credit until you're in the trade window, just FYI. You keep telling everyone the AH is a bad idea with no argument nor a suggestion of anything better. 

I literally hear the sound of vomit when I read this.

You should probably get that checked out. Might be some kind of audiovisual synesthesia or dementia or something. 

Nonsense, have you been to the Trade Chat lately? And you don't get to see who has what in terms of credit until you're in the trade window, just FYI. You keep telling everyone the AH is a bad idea with no argument nor a suggestion of anything better. 

We're on page 10. Your inability to read and comprehend the arguments doesn't make them not exist. 

9 hours ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

The obfuscation of the current system is what maintains any value for most items.  Even with the vault, prime parts lose value pretty quickly.  It's not just the "juicers" that benefit from the current system.  It's also the occasional trader who stumbles on a rare drop or a good roll that also benefits.  Getting some quick platinum for some slots or taters is possible for most players with a bit of time invested in the game because the price on so many things is kept just at the point where you don't need to make a dozen tiny trades to get anywhere.

And the trade taxes are not abitrary.  It's to keep gold farmers from tanking the market.  Actual players (who typically don't make trades require millions of credits all that often) shouldn't have too much trouble spending a bit of time on the index.

2 hours ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

I literally hear the sound of vomit when I read this. It's not just about Rivens, it's other stuff too. When I see a Loki Prime for 450pl I laugh. I have never bought a Riven in my life. I only have 6 of them that I have popped already. It appears yo have failed to grasp my point. You and your other (PS4) tagged buddy, starting to notice a pattern here.......I still stand by my statement that we need an auction house. And BTW, I don't see anyone clamoring to spend 6000 plat on a MOD. Let alone a 350pl Ember Prime. Hell I even saw a 400pl Mag Prime in there. I'm almost willing to bet you are a "Juicer".

Ember prime goes for ~150p, Mag for  ~120p.  Unless fairly new or been vaulted for a while, prime frames are often cheaper than buying regular frames from the market place.

Edited by Aggh

21 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

Everyone has a surplus of trade items they don't want, time is the glue holding the plat economy together

Exactly. And if you decrease that time to nearly-instant which AH's would do, then worthwhile items get hoarded and put up at higher prices and cheaper less desired items become worthless. Sure, some items now are 2-5p, but at least you get something from it, those wouldn't be 1p under an AH system. Just look at WoW or everquest for that. Players buying tens of thousands of a resource, sitting on it, and selling it at x5 or more profit daily, we don't need that here.

The closest thing to an AH I'd be willing to accept (with some changes) would be a very limited kiosk that holds a limited amount of items. So if you have some valued items you can place, up to 5 and sell them at whatever price, they will have a special icon next to the sale showing the buyer that it's sold via kiosk so no trading required. You get a message via ordis mid-mission if something sells (or maybe darvo so we can see more of him, he's sorely underused for his unique character). Then a credit price is exchanged to darvo for the plat (since DE can make it sound like he does all the work but does it at a discount for the tenno for helping clem). 

If you want to take it a step further due to possibility of oversaturation, put a cooldown timer after the sale, meaning if you sell something you wait 6 hours or something before you can fill that slot again. Which sounds plenty fair to me. 

But a full blown AH would destroy the economy within a week, and it wouldn't bounce back, if at all recover for many many months.

Define we!

I may find the idea enticing...

(offloading a bunch of my unwanted extras onto some NPC and then come back later to pick up plat so I can spend my time actually sleeping or playing instead of spamming chat)

however the practical experience is NEVER anywhere close to the idea.

I do not want an auction house in warframe.