The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Hunter Munitions

LoneWolveYoutube

riftles must hit single target like a atom bomb. thats the point!

why should i use rifles if i can clear room with aoe weapon? this is pointless.

i better remove armor and will use aoe.

i played a lot with boltor ( 500-600 hours in 2013-2014 ) and even tried 7 forma battacor now... but they are garbage compared to kuva ogris / lenz or sonicor.

now i even bound first khora ability to mouse2 button and use only this in all missions.

3 hours ago, fuffi2milka said:

riftles must hit single target like a atom bomb. thats the point!

why should i use rifles if i can clear room with aoe weapon? this is pointless.

i better remove armor and will use aoe.

i played a lot with boltor ( 500-600 hours in 2013-2014 ) and even tried 7 forma battacor now... but they are garbage compared to kuva ogris / lenz or sonicor.

now i even bound first khora ability to mouse2 button and use only this in all missions.

Lenz and Ogris can hit yourself, but Bolter is not. And clear 'room' means the space is not so large enough, isn't?

That said, Astilla would be the better replacement, for it have small AOE and it doesn't damaging you. And it have automatic trigger, so all you need to do is simply point the enemy and shoot.

Not counting games that are supposed to have some level of realism (e.g. Call of Duty), almost every game I've ever played where there have been guns, rifles are the red headed stepchild. Usually the least powerful, slowest to reload and with the least amount of modifiers applied to their damage. Not sure why this is the case, about all I can think of is that the devs are following the well worn path out of a feeling of safety or laziness, combined with the fact that they probably know as much about guns in real life as I do about banana farming on Mars.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb DroopingPuppy:

Lenz and Ogris can hit yourself, but Bolter is not. And clear 'room' means the space is not so large enough, isn't?

That said, Astilla would be the better replacement, for it have small AOE and it doesn't damaging you. And it have automatic trigger, so all you need to do is simply point the enemy and shoot.

ogris hit for 1% damage

I still think all mods that are regarded as essential/mandatory should be removed and stats rolled into every weapons base.

For example; all +damage mods (serration, pressure point, hornet strike) are a complete waste of capacity imo. Same with multishot. It kills variety and experimentation when 2/3 capacity of any gear is spoken for. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IIDMOII said:

I still think all mods that are regarded as essential/mandatory should be removed and stats rolled into every weapons base.

For example; all +damage mods (serration, pressure point, hornet strike) are a complete waste of capacity imo. Same with multishot. It kills variety and experimentation when 2/3 capacity of any gear is spoken for. 

For that to happen I think the entire mod system would need to be overhauled considerably which I wouldn't really mind if we're being perfectly honest.

Lot of aspects of the current mod system are antiquated and can be simplified considerably without sacrificing freedom.

5 hours ago, seprent said:

wasn't the rule of primary exilus mods is to not boost DPS?

Kind of a fallacy.

If I run “hush” and diminish Aggro, I also improve aim and accuracy on unsuspecting enemies including headshots with stealth multipliers so that rule is out the window.

Velocity mods also help.

I get where you are coming from, certainly, but that exilus Mod slot will always confer Damage bonuses, even if “not directly DPS”.

Otherwise, it’s useless.

9 hours ago, 3rdpig said:

Not counting games that are supposed to have some level of realism (e.g. Call of Duty), almost every game I've ever played where there have been guns, rifles are the red headed stepchild. Usually the least powerful, slowest to reload and with the least amount of modifiers applied to their damage. Not sure why this is the case, about all I can think of is that the devs are following the well worn path out of a feeling of safety or laziness, combined with the fact that they probably know as much about guns in real life as I do about banana farming on Mars.

*shudders in Battlefield 1, flashbacks of pure terror that was a skilled Support with an LMG*

*winces at memories of R6S and prefiring, high fire rate around corners* 

In games that rely on realistic guns, I’ve found that fire rate does a lot more than aim skill. Yeah, you can headshot with a tiny pistol and do a lot of damage.... but give a guy with great aim an auto? Oh man. 

The problem is that in any game that has fancy lazer beams, elemental damage, status effects, and eight million other super-future options, good ol’ AK-47 might as well be an antique marshmallow blow gun. 

But make super-future have full auto, hilarious special superfuture features? There’s a reason why Acceltra is so popular. Or why HM is sought after. Mechanically, there’s no way to make a Russian AK as good as literal lazer canons that somehow also proc viral damage. 

As someone who works in the firearm industry, seeing this is both hilarious and expected.... and really puts the Grineer #aesthetic into perspective. Explosives and AKs. 

Edited by (XB1)TheRosenBones

Acceltra is actually the only weapon I've really used HM on. Since it has such low status, I don't get much Corrosive armor strip, but it has enough crit that a reasonable proportion of my damage is landing on Slash procs and a high enough fire rate that I don't care if only one in four or five hits is actually doing anything.

Uh...No...theres nothing wrong with giving weapons slash that don't have it built in. Why are people all of a sudden complaining about stuff like this, first it was a want to nerf bullet jump, however you do that, now people are wanting to get rid of a mod that makes some weapons better? Now making it an exilus mod of some sort I can get down with, but if you think we want it gone altogether or nerfed, think again. Im only speaking for myself, and this is what I feel.

Edited by (PS4)ErydisTheLucario

So remove a specialty mod and replace it with more specialty mods...........? 

The better solution would be to actually reward accuracy by making head shots kill. There is no legit reason to force multiple head shots for a kill when a melee hit kills instantly on the same enemy. Make rifles viable by rewarding accuracy. Screw the enemy level. Head shots should insta kill regardless of enemy level. No one would notice the difference in speed of play.

Adding or removing mods to balance rifles is stupid. Make rifles actually function. It should never take more than one shot to the head if your accurate. Especially, with power weapons like opticors or any sniper. As it stands all guns are weak in a game about killing everything as fast as possible.

The only exceptions would be shield enemies, but Halo should of taught you how to deal with shields. 

Reward accuracy.

I'm still just confused by the whole premise. What kind of "poop" gun has high enough crit and fire rate to use HM effectively? That's a small slice of a small pie. When I think of bad rifles, I don't think of high crit. I would think that some of the most viable guns would also be the ones to use HM most effectively. 

Buff/Nerf ideas is a revolving door here , but surely thinking. “ if we delete HM from the game. Maybe they will fix Rifles” is that a healthy solution? Like maiming strike. When you didn’t need any crit on the Red crit ( the original) 

as opposed to you actually having to have a crit Rifle weapon for its full potential. 

I know single/semi shot rifles appreciate it tho 

What are you talking about?  Rifles are great!  Rubico Prime is the best semi auto rifle in the game!  Yeah they may call it a “sniper rifle” but in no way in hell does it actually behave like an actual sniper rifle.  More like a scoped battle rifle/dmr.  

note:  sarcasm and yes rifles are underpowered compared to stuff like snipers.   The TTK for especially auto rifles is atrocious even with hunters muni. 

So you think rifles are trash and want the only thing that makes them shine go away?

Just ask for a little buff for rifles, thats all you need. Theres only a few rifles that are very compatible with HM, sure you can slap it on every rifle but few of them really goes with HM.

BUT I do want some rifles stat rebalancing, because some rifles are just crap. An opinion though.