Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To The ESO Reward Changes?

(PSN)DeZaruu

Greetings!

I believe it was with the Disruption Expansion - or possibly the first set of Arbitrations changes, @[DE]Rebecca mentioned they'd be doing an overhaul of the ESO rewards next - so curious if I missed something or if DE has mentioned what's going on with it?

Mainly curious as I hope sorties will be next after ESO, the current reward structure seems out of date considering how Endo and Kuva is rewarded everywhere now, and in larger amounts. The Anasa is a real slap in the face when we've arbitrations.

Personally, I'd like some sort of "Sortie Token(s)" for new things exclusive to sorties (new weapon variants/skins?) and material bundles (Mutagen Samples?) - motivating to do them daily. And could incl. simple things like Orokin Catalyst/Reactor, various Exilus options.

Either way, I'm looking forward to whatever changes they come up with - just curious if that's still being worked on, or if it was shelved due to other things 🙂

Edited by (PS4)DeZaruu
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

They better stay exclusive. Unlike some things DE has Undermined in the past *cough* rift sigil *cough*

The only true exclusives in Warframe are Founders items and Primed Chamber. Anything else is fair game.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

They better stay exclusive. Unlike some things DE has Undermined in the past *cough* rift sigil *cough*

I hate this mentality: You can't have it because I had it first.

So if a new player buys a console, or builds their first gaming PC, or has a friend introduce them to Warframe they can't have the same experience because they discovered the game after you?!

These are digital goods with no value. I understand making them exclusive to an event for a limited amount of time, but eventually they should be made available again for everyone that missed them the first time. It doesn't hurt you in any way to allow other players to acquire them, with the only exception being items that are sold as exclusive.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

Just now, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I hate this mentality: You can't have it because I had it first.

So if a new player buys a console, or builds their first gaming PC, or has a friend introduce them to Warframe they can't have the same experience because they discovered the game after you?!

These are digital goods with no value. I uderstand making them exclusive to an event for a limited amount of time, but eventually they should be made available again for everyone that missed them the first time. It's doesn't hurt you in any way to allow other players to acquire them, with the only exception being items that are sold as exclusive.

Make an alternate version for its re-release, and the original should stay "exclusive".

I've spoken my words about this since Project Undermine tac alert, and they will never change

37 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The only true exclusives in Warframe are Founders items and Primed Chamber. Anything else is fair game.

I honestly agree with this.

Even Primed Chamber I feel is fair game if they re-run an event where the top 100 gets it. Hell, even if they make a new event with it.

If we pretend they go with a token system, I'd prefer maybe a yearly mix-up of some rewards, have the old exclusives made cheaper or something like the NW Intermissions.

It's a F2P game, they've nothing to gain as a developer by gating mastery items at least, and I'll be honest - I've never seen what sigil others might've on their frames. It's much more for the player with the frame, so it's no big deal to me.

Prime Noggles are also permanently exclusives, which I think is a great way to reward people who support their game financially.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

I honestly agree with this.

Even Primed Chamber I feel is fair game if they re-run an event where the top 100 gets it. Hell, even if they make a new event with it.

If we pretend they go with a token system, I'd prefer maybe a yearly mix-up of some rewards, have the old exclusives made cheaper or something like the NW Intermissions.

It's a F2P game, they've nothing to gain as a developer by gating mastery items at least, and I'll be honest - I've never seen what sigil others might've on their frames. It's much more for the player with the frame, so it's no big deal to me.

Prime Noggles are also permanently exclusives, which I think is a great way to reward people who support their game financially.

Speaking of which, is Primed Chamber tradeable?

As somebody who never had this before, I expect it to not be tradeable. The people who got it, got it. It should never be achievable unless the thing it originally came out in comes back in some way to keep its 'exclusivity'

11 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

As somebody who never had this before, I expect it to not be tradeable. The people who got it, got it. It should never be achievable unless the thing it originally came out in comes back in some way to keep its 'exclusivity'

It is tradeable, but people ask for 80K - 800K platinum for it, so I doubt many are traded.

Sometimes people get one on the devstream (One Mixer, One Twitch) when Steve or Rebb feel extra chaotic.

It'd be cool to see a new event which has the same idea, but perhaps different rules/enemies. [Informant Event], still limited to Top 100 tho

There's a quote about its exclusivity on the wiki, too [Primed Chamber].

I'll be honest, if I won one I'd sell it for like - something a player actually might have on their account. I get why people like the mod, but it's also just.. Not the kind of game where such an advantage matter to me?

Edited by (PS4)DeZaruu

26 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Yes Primed Chamber can be traded.

On PS4 the price has a huge range. But still the most expensive item in the game.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

My problem with exclusives is that they are a one time thing usually that can be easily missed thus you get penalized for not getting them, or feel you are penalyzed.

But not only that, typically exclusive items...just plain don't last.

At this time the Exacalibur prime and things are neat, I too wish I had them, because I like collecting everything.....but aside from that...there isn't a point to use them or to show them off.

The best exclusives right now is the badge and titles, because you can semi-show them off.

I wish there was a way to be able to add that to your name like small letters underneath showing the differing achievements.

I also think the actual achievements and titles and badges and such...should have special unlocks for differing either emotes or something that players can show to others, because they went to the trouble and got those things.

I played a differing game, where they had badges for a lot of stuff, collecting lore fragments, exploring areas, collecting items and doing differing outlandish tasks, and differing combinations would reward the player with some 1% increase in their health or some special ability that could be used once every 24 hours.

I always loved that, made playing that game worth while and kept it interesting...probably would add way too much replay-ability to this game too and keep players playing and playing and playing...lol.

I recall special sites where made to just keep track of the exploration badges and such. There where a lot....and each badge had a special title for it.....people went crazy looking for the titles they wanted...like Hungry or the title Silent Warrior or Vegan.

ooops went on a tangent.....

Glad the stuff is being worked on.....=^_^=

4 minutes ago, PsychicKitty said:

ooops went on a tangent.....

Glad the stuff is being worked on.....=^_^=

You just reminded me how much I loved Monster Hunter World's Guild Cards (essentially like Warframe's user profile, but you can customise it a lot)

If DE ever did something like this, but incl. most used gear instead of current gear, different backgrounds tied to events, etc - that would be a neat change to something we already have in-game 🙂 I know it's not a screen many use in WF (or at least I don't think so?), but it'd be a fun way to add more fashion and exclusives which literally can be concept art and such.

DcHZ0j_W4AAWfge?format=jpg

6 hours ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

I would like to see (if there isn't already an excal prime noggle) DE create one and let every player get it through an alert. That way, founders still have the frame but everyone can have the noggle. Seems like a fair trade. They could also create an articula as well.