Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vote to kick player

superiouz

Yes, how many times more I should cancel or loose missions because of such players?

If no kick vote - at least, there should be option for host - leave the squad. 
Host should have opportunity to get new better players who are waiting to play.

1 hour ago, RiceHat_ said:

Well yeah, but it's not just limited to afk player's but also uncooperative and "troll" ones also who just does not wanna do anything but leech and mess around. But they do passively contribute with the spawn rate but I dont wanna credit them too much for that.

Again, unless they're actively acting in a way that disrupts play, most of the time all that's needed is their presence, to increase the spawn rates. 

It's a bit counter-intuitive but at the lower (read ordinary levels of play) more enemies, makes play easier and more rewarding than fewer. 

I'm sure that you've noticed that there are usually certain frames that make keeping up with their kill-count near impossible. And others can single handedly lock down an objective and keep it from harm. If I'm in one of those, and you are off fooling around, I wouldn't be even notice your absence. 

But more importantly, you might be looking for caches, rare containers, statues, stars, or any of a gazillion things that would benefit me when you get them or mark them. 

I remember doing the acolytes one time, when it was a defection mission. I started off helping with the survivors, and topped off the life support towers. 

Then I went down the side paths, looking for the acolyte. I was just bullet jumping down each branch of the path and back. Then I'd return to help with the survivors before dashing off again. 

Eventually I found the acolyte and killed it. Then I marked the drop and returned to get the last batch of survivors to extraction while the rest of the squad went for the drop. 

One dude ranted about how he was the only one doing all the work and how nobody else was contributing at all. I pointed out that I had been the one who killed the acolyte and marked the drop, and asked what he did. He said that he was the only one killing everything and keeping the survivors alive. I pointed out that I had the higher kill count, despite spending half of the time just bullet jumping and not bothering to slow down and kill enemies on the path. 

Obviously I was contributing and acting in a positive way as far as the mission was concerned. He was angry because he didn't know what I was doing, or understand the reality of why we were even there in that mission in the first place. 

Are you going to guarantee that under your proposed system, I won't have to plug in my microphone and use some very foul language when I run into a petit Napoleon who decides to try to vote kick me, when I'm the one who contributed the most? 

• Like 1

Vote to kick shouldn't be and wont be a thing in this game since .. it could be used negatively .. for example:

beacon hunting/farming they could get people who have stalker beacons or any of them and use them and just kick them and exploit him ..

but  I agree with afk player but not in a vote to kick way but in an afk time kick way as in if a certain player is afk for X amount of time in for example an endless mission (survival defense etc) he/she should get auto kicked....

3 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Like the current system isnt already being abused? 

Nobody is abusing the current system however. If someone is breaking tos or afking report them etc a while back we had a guy who was holding our tricaps hostage. (Friend dced and we forgot it was on public so random filled the last slot.) got upset cause he kept dying and nobody's stopping to revive him so he held the last eidolon up until 1 minute was left for night time and went up to the door for  extraction (didn't know we all were stupidity godlike and managed to kill em before he could retreat) and after that we put our controllers down and waited till he dced from the mission. We logged on our pcs and ran some Leauge in fact. That's probably the only things that I've really every gotten salty at in wf. And yes in that instance a vote kick would be nice. But at the end of the day we got our rewards and other then the want to be petty we didn't have to bm back. Why does it matter someone is afking in a mission or a game mode where you literally wipe the map before most other players could efficiently do anything anyway. Also a vote kick would lead to so much more bm and trolling in game then what's currently going on (Not pick frame we want in pubs Bai) (you pefromin too gud n I jelly cause me n my freinds r tryhards in a pve game Bai) (you won't play exactly how I want in pubs Bai)  it's no use or point to adding vote kick  

47 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Nobody is abusing the current system however. 

Yeah, no. 

>players blatantly leeching by not doing anything

>players picking up an objective (mobile defense) and refusing to place it 

>players griefing the squad with general toxic comments

>players deliberately abusing warframe abilities to cause frustration 

>players refusing to place eidolon shards

>players leeching bounties by mining or something 

The fact that you cant kick anyone from your squad no matter what is what's being abused on a regular basis.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Yeah, no. 

>players blatantly leeching by not doing anything

>players picking up an objective (mobile defense) and refusing to place it 

>players griefing the squad with general toxic comments

>players deliberately abusing warframe abilities to cause frustration 

>players refusing to place eidolon shards

>players leeching bounties by mining or something 

The fact that you cant kick anyone from your squad no matter what is what's being abused on a regular basis.

And you can't leave the session like every one else? 

> report leave 

> report leave 

> report ignore 

> players would get kicked for playing frames that a squad deems not good enough if your way is made 

> report leave or if you're good enough play though it why are you not running a pre-made four man in caps anyway (you do caps in publics you get what you play)

> if it's a public queue it's not leeching you could've queued to do bounties I want to mine. Upset? Make a pre-made queue.

It seems you just want the game to go your way. Play with your friends or a pre-made to stop these murder attempts to your pride 

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Are you going to guarantee that under your proposed system, I won't have to plug in my microphone and use some very foul language when I run into a petit Napoleon who decides to try to vote kick me, when I'm the one who contributed the most?

Alright I get you, now I'm really not sure If "vote kicking" is a good thing for the game right now, since I did says yes and no to it.

On 2020-01-26 at 3:47 PM, HugintheCrow said:

If someone is afk, the system will automatically make them unable to obtain rewards.That's how it works. The end of argument.

/thread

Imagine "/thread"ing yourself.  

People AFK and negate the AFK timer by moving around a little here and there, while still contributing nothing.  Meanwhile, you can:  Be Titania during the defense portion of Plague Star, be in her 4 shooting down every drop ship that spawns, and if you aren't moving, just turning and shooting, you'll trigger the AFK timer despite doing most of the work and not get the bounty stage reward.  Ask me how I know.

The AFK timer is a useless joke that doesn't stop leeches in the slightest.

16 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

And you can't leave the session like every one else? 

> report leave 

> report leave 

> report ignore 

> players would get kicked for playing frames that a squad deems not good enough if your way is made 

> report leave or if you're good enough play though it why are you not running a pre-made four man in caps anyway (you do caps in publics you get what you play)

> if it's a public queue it's not leeching you could've queued to do bounties I want to mine. Upset? Make a pre-made queue.

It seems you just want the game to go your way. Play with your friends or a pre-made to stop these murder attempts to your pride 

Ah yes the classic goal post move. We went from the system isnt abused to okay so it is abused but YOU have to leave and or deal with it. 

And ah yes, recruiting chat, because nobody ever joins a recruiting chat and trolls anyway. 

You're point of contention is that a vote kick could be abused but ignore that the current system ain't perfect either. 

Murder attempts on pride? L M F A O kid. Maybe you're insecure and think you're gonna get kicked every five minutes?

So I was on a defense. We wanted to run more rounds.  Then Mesa showed up spamming.  Everyone quit.

Then group disbanded.  I ended up with 2 of the same people.  Round 3 came up.  Mesa returned.  Everyone quit. 

Everyone disbanded.  

So I told the other guys.  Why quitting?  Mesa was the response.   So we teamed up.  The three of us.

No Mesa allowed!!!  Was the message I was getting.

Then round 2.  Saryn showed up 

Everyone quit.

So this could be abused.

Edited by Hexsing

8 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

So I was on a defense. We wanted to run more rounds.  Then Mesa showed up spamming.  Everyone quit.

Then group disbanded.  I ended up with 2 of the same people.  Round 3 came up.  Mesa returned.  Everyone quit. 

Everyone disbanded.  

So I told the other guys.  Why quitting?  Mesa was the response.   So we teamed up.  The three of us.

No Mesa allowed!!!

Then round 2.  Saryn showed up 

Everyone quit.

So this could be abused.

Why did they have a problem with Mesa and Saryn? Were either of those players stopping them from successfully completing the objective? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Why did they have a problem with Mesa and Saryn? Were either of those players stopping them from successfully completing the objective? 

They said they were bored of sitting there not contributing.  

So while Mesa was doing her thing and Saryn doing hers.  If the team was given a kick option both the Mesa and the Saryn would be out.  Not because they were do nothing, but because they were doing everything I guess.

So it can be abused.

Edited by Hexsing

2 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Ah yes the classic goal post move. We went from the system isnt abused to okay so it is abused but YOU have to leave and or deal with it. 

And ah yes, recruiting chat, because nobody ever joins a recruiting chat and trolls anyway. 

You're point of contention is that a vote kick could be abused but ignore that the current system ain't perfect either. 

Murder attempts on pride? L M F A O kid. Maybe you're insecure and think you're gonna get kicked every five minutes?

Not at all the system currently isn't abused because in thee current system there are ways to circumvent said "trolling" also as I've stated multiple times to others in most cases you're matched with players similar to you. 

Regardless in many cases it's public matchmaking in a pve centric game where at the end of the day missions are completed in a matter of 5 or so minutes. Anything other then that people make pre-made groups for Max efficiency. 

Then in that issue a report can be of use and you can just... Remake wowow!  The amount of time you guys spend whining in a mission about an afk player vs just leaving and starting a new mission is hilarious. 

The vote to kick system based on warframes very sensitive playerbase (you for example) would abuse it much more then the current system is allegedly abused

OH wow I get kicked cause I play limbo *shrugs  continues  on with my day because I don't care

I get kicked cause I'm not "killing fast enough" 

Moves on cause I can just go do things solo if I'm really in need

"Youre afk you leech".

Shrugs cause if I'm afk there must be something of more value then the game im currently playing and need to do that.

On a note I don't even play wf at the time I play eso with a vote kick function that in general isn't even used because it's pointless by a majority of the community. Imagine a game with this feature you're claiming so much abkht and the community rarely uses it unless it's an absolute necessity. Healer afk? If you got a necro or a class who can heal eh let him be or hell get afk timed out bming? Mute and move on 

Tank not tanking dps just dps and healer heals more 

Radley do you see a kick 

1 hour ago, Hexsing said:

They said they were bored of sitting there not contributing.  

So while Mesa was doing her thing and Saryn doing hers.  If the team was given a kick option both the Mesa and the Saryn would be out.  Not because they were do nothing, but because they were doing everything I guess.

So it can be abused.

I don't get it. I mean I know that it's hard to keep up with a Saryn, or a Mesa, or a Volt or an Equinox. But that doesn't mean that they're not able to contribute at all. 

They were just being ridiculous. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I don't get it. I mean I know that it's hard to keep up with a Saryn, or a Mesa, or a Volt or an Equinox. But that doesn't mean that they're not able to contribute at all. 

They were just being ridiculous. 

I agree they were.  But the theme of this thread seems to echo some concerns about people not doing enough damage.  Not being on a meta style frame designed to clear a map or people that don't contribute.  

In my situation this was the reverse.  Mesa and Saryn can clear a room easy or wipe a map.  The three of us.  Me -Nidus (Obviously I'm not getting stacks with Mesa or Equinox or Saryn around.  Them - Rhino and Oberon. 

I guess what I was referring to is that could go in reverse of my experience.  The Mesa Saryn and equinox could easily vote off a Nyx, a Nidus who's not making stacks.  Or any frame that could potentially slow down the damage output. 

In analysis it reinforces aoe frames and further trivializes CC frames or support frames.  

Defense Frames and I guess support frames like Trinity etc would be fine.  

It's just a double edged sword.

If my team could kick a frame very efficient in killing enemies then an efficient team of damage dealers could easily kick frames they see as not optimal...or as efficient.  

This overall reinforces the meta (Weapons and Frames) and pigeon holes the community.  

As has been said many times.

The vote kick system could help, but you can also abuse this system for your own purposes (Trolls, META, among other things)

It is true that in almost all online games, there is a kick option either by votekick or by the group leader himself. But in this type of game, a double edge could be created.

If what they want to be done AFK / leechers / trolls, among other reasons. DE has to put more tools, not only to report but also to let users know that they have toxic behavior.

-You have a toxic premade, and in the middle of the game you are made of your game
-You get something very good, they make you leave
-You almost finished a mission, and they made you out of the game

There are more reasons, why people can abuse this system.

59 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

I agree they were.  But the theme of this thread seems to echo some concerns about people not doing enough damage.  Not being on a meta style frame designed to clear a map or people that don't contribute.  

In my situation this was the reverse.  Mesa and Saryn can clear a room easy or wipe a map.  The three of us.  Me -Nidus (Obviously I'm not getting stacks with Mesa or Equinox or Saryn around.  Them - Rhino and Oberon. 

I guess what I was referring to is that could go in reverse of my experience.  The Mesa Saryn and equinox could easily vote off a Nyx, a Nidus who's not making stacks.  Or any frame that could potentially slow down the damage output. 

In analysis it reinforces aoe frames and further trivializes CC frames or support frames.  

Defense Frames and I guess support frames like Trinity etc would be fine.  

It's just a double edged sword.

If my team could kick a frame very efficient in killing enemies then an efficient team of damage dealers could easily kick frames they see as not optimal...or as efficient.  

This overall reinforces the meta (Weapons and Frames) and pigeon holes the community.  

I get that, and several of my posts have been about people who didn't do as much as I did, throwing fits too. 

But for the early stages of most defense missions, my Rhino is a more than viable mini-nuke. I don't particularly fancy Oberon so I don't play him often, but I've seen them do much the same. 

And a lot of the time, a Saryn, volt, equinox etc will benefit from a Rhino playing support. Yeah a nidus is a frame that they probably won't benefit from enormously in the short term, but a lot of the time, the reason for choosing those frames is that they are planning to do the majority of the killing, regardless of who they get as squad mates. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I get that, and several of my posts have been about people who didn't do as much as I did, throwing fits too. 

But for the early stages of most defense missions, my Rhino is a more than viable mini-nuke. I don't particularly fancy Oberon so I don't play him often, but I've seen them do much the same. 

And a lot of the time, a Saryn, volt, equinox etc will benefit from a Rhino playing support. Yeah a nidus is a frame that they probably won't benefit from enormously in the short term, but a lot of the time, the reason for choosing those frames is that they are planning to do the majority of the killing, regardless of who they get as squad mates. 

I was just leveling him after Aura Formaing him so it wasn't a concern.  I could see it impacting CC frames.

I think the big thing to keep in mind is that all of the options will have repercussions.  

Having a kick system where people can boot AFK is solid.  But it can effect active players who want to help.

While the community is friendly to new players in my experience. Often times the tutorials (if we call it that) isn't.  

The game is not noob friendly.   By kicking someone less experienced it just further promotes a reason to leave discouraged.

There really isn't an easy answer here..

I usually play Garuda these days.  Because I have damage and healing and utility and can debuff to increase slash procs.  So I do my thing.  

Tougher for noobs who still roam the chart with Excalibur because they have not acquired a new frame.  Or lack the experience. 

5 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

Having a kick system where people can boot AFK is solid.  But it can effect active players who want to help.

While the community is friendly to new players in my experience. Often times the tutorials (if we call it that) isn't.  

The game is not noob friendly.   By kicking someone less experienced it just further promotes a reason to leave discouraged.

There really isn't an easy answer here..

Agreed on all counts, except for the first and last line there. 

The game already has systems to discourage afk. They even have an impact on players who go into turret-mode and kill everything but fail to move about for long periods consistently by marking them as afk by accident. 

The issue is that for some people, that is not seen as punishment enough. Those players believe that they should have the right to "punish" others as they see fit. People like that should never be given the ability to do so because they are going to be prone to abusing it. 

So the answer is very easy: "No Karen, you don't get to decide who to kick from the squad, use the systems already in place to report people who are acting improperly, and if you are correct DE will take action, if not and you habitually abuse the system then you will be the one who is punished". 

• Like 1