Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vote to kick player

superiouz

23 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

So I would kick 90% of players I play with?
You really think this is a good idea? ...

If you're playing with a 90% leechers in your parties, there is an answer located among these:

You have a wrong concept of what leeching is.
You tend to play a nuking frame that monopolizes every mission.
The game really has a leeching problem.

Now, for the second, there's no problem at all, you just play a nuking frame and well, it happens that nobody gets a kill when you play a saryn.
The first one is also obvious. I'm not saying you do, but if there's so many people leeching, it might be that you don't know what leeching is and are considering leeching something that isn't.
The last answer is the most problematic here. If the game really has a leeching problem, then something must be done to address this, because leeching is a toxic behavior.

I see that many other games have a vote-kick system and they're still there. For example, to prevent abuses, you could make it so you can't kick after a certain point on each mission (to prevent kicking someone just before the rewards, hence removing a way of troll-kicking).

However, I know that vote-kick won't be a thing on this game, so it's pointless to discuss about it. What I'd like to see is how the ignore list actually does something other than removing the ability to communicate with that person. If a blacklist would be implemented, I could just include a player I don't want to play with so I won't find them in the game anymore. I don't really see a problem on this. I block someone because I don't want to play anymore with that toxic player. This solves the problem of leeching. And if someone gets blacklisted so much as to not being able to play with anyone, well, they should think about the reasons.

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

You tend to play a nuking frame that monopolizes every mission.

I literally play normal excalibur often for the lulz and without trying hard I do most of the damage in missions witch I (by all points present - there is a saryn or a equinox or some sort of nuke frame in the mission) should not do! And I need to point that out, I do not try, I just test some weapons with him, most of them forma'd and not with the max build.
I don't say it happens every time, but it happens quite often. I think there are two reasons - they really don't know how to play the frame/mission, or they are lazy as hell.

Just to be clear my point was this topic is a bad idea for a game such as wf where most missions could be done solo.The option to kick players will only make people play more solo.
The missions who need to be in a full squad rn are only fissures as far as I can think of, because you can't equip more than one relic and even they are not mandatory.I have talked to a lot of players who prefer them solo, just because they could controll the mission properly and don't have to worry about lag, revive, host migration etc.

Edited by vegetosayajin

1 minute ago, vegetosayajin said:

I literally play normal excalibur often for the lulz and without trying hard I do most of the damage in missions witch I (by all points present - there is a saryn or a equinox or some sort of nuke frame in the mission) should not do! And I need to point that out, I do not try, I just test some weapons with him, most of them forma'd and not with the max build.
I don't say it happens every time, but it happens quite often. I think there are two reasons - they really don't know how to play the frame/mission, or they are lazy as hell.

As I said, I'm not blaming you or anything, just exposing the possibilities for this to be happening.

If I have to be honest, I think the game has a problem of leeching in certain modes that are prone to that behavior. The most rampant case is Railjack right now, but doesn't mean it's not evident in other modes like ESO. This is why I'd be up for any measure that allows me to not play again with a certain player (and for any reason, not just because they are leeching). I can distinguish between a player that doesn't know how to play and a leecher/troll; because the former at least tries to do something, while the latter just stands still or, worse, tries to ruin your game.

This is Warframe... where cats are kavats and dogs are kubrows. Why be like the rest of the games out there? Why don't we do with leech players what we do with leeches in real life? BURN THEM! AFK flags players as valid targets to the rest of the party.

I really don't see the purpose of this.
Most missions are completable in 5 minutes or less, and the missions that take longer are generally in premades where this problem is far less by virtue of being a premade.

There isn't really a point to doing this as how much time is a leech or afker actually costing you?

All this does is open it up to trolling and frame discrimination.  Do you know how many players would just vote to kick a limbo as soon as they join a group?
It would just create more toxicity and problems than it would solve.  To many people would just vote-kick when someone is: Underperforming, overperformning, chose the "wrong" frame, someone doesn't like their colour choice, and so on.

It just wouldn't work with our community.

• Like 1

The only problem I see with this is people will be telling clan or other tenno's to keep kicking this person because they did this to them. Therefore if you dont kick them Im going to create a kick ban on you too mentality. Ive been in groups before where they will be messaging me outside the group chat tab because they didnt like the way someone was playing. This would only bring the community down if they did allow this kick option.

There already is a vote to kick button.

It's called abort mission.

It comes with a price but can't be abused like vote to kick would be.

(and yes I have used this before to deal with leeches)

Edited by Aesthier

21 hours ago, Aesthier said:

There already is a vote to kick button.

It's called abort mission.

It comes with a price but can't be abused like vote to kick would be.

(and yes I have used this before to deal with leeches)

Also great for the dipsticks that start the next mission while you're adjusting mods for the next one before you choose your relic. 

I really wish to have the option for kicking the player out of mission. Some of them only leeching or don't cooperate. On missions with sentient's ship players leave the railjack and don't care if it will be destroyed. As a host, I should have the right to kick a player and do not spend my resources for nothing

2 hours ago, RiceHat_ said:

Yes and no, can be useful to get afk players out for another player, but can be abused too.

Why? At low levels their presence is all that's needed to boost spawn rates. By the time their lack of contribution is going to be noticed, it is usually already too late for anyone else to join. 

No vote kick except by system when player goes afk (e.g. gets kicked after 5 min afk from squad when in mission).

No discrimination like vote kick is necerssary by players, and yes 🙂 there is an "Abort Mission" Button if you not like the squad or other players 🙂

Edited by Nevaee

6 hours ago, Nevaee said:

No vote kick except by system when player goes afk (e.g. gets kicked after 5 min afk from squad when in mission).

No discrimination like vote kick is necerssary by players, and yes 🙂 there is an "Abort Mission" Button if you not like the squad or other players 🙂

This.

This would be the only acceptable form of vote kick, a normal vote kick system would be abused to hell and back by petty players. Just look around the forums, the people who scream for extreme nerfs to the point of rendering something beyond useless, removal of entire frames because they don't like them, it doesn't matter to them if they are ultimately right or wrong, they only want their way and even go as far as to insult others if they don't agree.

Now tell me these same players won't start smashing that vote kick option for everything.

"You don't play the way I want, vote kick"

"You play a frame I don't like, vote kick"

"You're doing better then I am, vote kick"

"I think your paint job is edgy and or sucks, vote kick"

A standard vote kick system would do more harm then good.

On 2020-01-27 at 4:30 AM, (NSW)Belaptir said:

As I said, I'm not blaming you or anything, just exposing the possibilities for this to be happening.

If I have to be honest, I think the game has a problem of leeching in certain modes that are prone to that behavior. The most rampant case is Railjack right now, but doesn't mean it's not evident in other modes like ESO. This is why I'd be up for any measure that allows me to not play again with a certain player (and for any reason, not just because they are leeching). I can distinguish between a player that doesn't know how to play and a leecher/troll; because the former at least tries to do something, while the latter just stands still or, worse, tries to ruin your game.

The easiest "fix" would be if ignoring players also kept you from being matched up with them. EZ... if someone leeches, add them to the list and move on.

6 hours ago, (PS4)death404 said:

The easiest "fix" would be if ignoring players also kept you from being matched up with them. EZ... if someone leeches, add them to the list and move on.

Exactly. if I put someone in the ignore list, the system won't match me with them again. If I've ignored someone because I don't want to talk to them, why the game thinks that I would still want to play with them?

On 2020-01-26 at 11:06 PM, superiouz said:

Like i said before. Its just afk leech. If they get their acc lock it just over reach imo. . 

Nothing happens to people you report. DE is to lazy to fix year old bugs. You think they look at every AFK report and acc lock them? Lol.

• Like 1

Am 26.1.2020 um 22:32 schrieb (PS4)slova77:

I've personally wanted a *vote to kick* option for a while. It would have to be 3/4 votes, but even then there's probably too many scenarios where this could be abused and if DE was ever going to add it they would have by now. Recently a random player in railjack wasted all my teams resources, refused to leave pilot seat, and managed to cause our mission to fail. I've had this happen another time but we were able to draw enemies to them and kill them that way, but it feels like theres nothing in-game or in mission to prevent anything like that. Right now, reporting that player is all we can do, which is fine, but I wish there was at least a way to know if our reports are acted upon or if the way we reported something was sufficient. At the moment it *feels* like no consequences are handed out bc so much could be based on what one player says about another, with no real (convenient) way provide any proof.

Any ideas of a better system to deal with toxic players? specifically while in a mission?

hmmm...how about a combined on screen recording of all players in mission + a vote.

if there is no vote or its negative: all recording are deleted. if voted positive a report is issued together with recordings.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Why? At low levels their presence is all that's needed to boost spawn rates. By the time their lack of contribution is going to be noticed, it is usually already too late for anyone else to join. 

Well yeah, but it's not just limited to afk player's but also uncooperative and "troll" ones also who just does not wanna do anything but leech and mess around. But they do passively contribute with the spawn rate but I dont wanna credit them too much for that.