Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grand Thread For Animation Improvements And Fixes. [Constantly Being Updated And Tweaked!]

Aure7

I have been looking at that broken spin-thing animation for the Serro since it got in the game... will it ever be fixed or my favorite halberd will be forever looking glitched? This... and... if anyone else talked about... the misplacemente of MANY emblems... since my emblem is a big cube I can see symmetrical discrepancy... and it being a little to the left on every right shoulder in the entire game has made me re-think using an emblem in that shoulder for a long time (I know the left one is the good one because it aligns perfectly with most armors... and the right doesn't).

Thanks for reading!

Apologies if someone else brought this up, but I really don't like the new running animations for enemy melee units (particularly butchers and prodmen).

The way they keep their right arms steady as they run looks...off. The old animations (where they swung both their arms while running) looks more natural.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember all those "cover mechanics" threads? I managed to imitate that stuff by latching onto boxes really low.  And hell its comfy and safe to shoot that way...But its still limited.

Would be nice if frames did that automatically when they are close to corners.

Hhubsax.png

Remember all those "cover mechanics" threads? I managed to imitate that stuff by latching onto boxes really low.  And hell its comfy and safe to shoot that way...But its still limited.

Hhubsax.png

That looks neat.

Hhubsax.png

that's just a bunch of additional work which wouldn't add much to the game. Just crouching behind a box feels fine to me and doesn't stick you to anything and doesn't slow me down.

I haven't read through all the pages and I do not know whether it has been touched upon already, but here is what I would like to see improved.

You know how we melee while running? Some stances lock you in place while you swing your weapon while other stances allow moving forward. In the second case running breaks animation of attacking, especially when attacks include jumps or spins. This looks very bizzare and appaling most of the time, when upper part of the body is not consistent with the lower part. While it is minor and not game breaking, I would definetely like to see some kind of a solution to this problem. And yes, I know I might be nit-picking here, but visuals like that draw my attention more than they should.

that's just a bunch of additional work which wouldn't add much to the game. Just crouching behind a box feels fine to me and doesn't stick you to anything and doesn't slow me down.

That cant slow you down (While crouching actually does). Its supposed to trigger only when you press [aim] near corner while standing still. If you move (w/s/a/d pressed) it will not trigger. 

It will ease shooting from both sides of any cover. Player will never have to change "aiming shoulder" since it will just swap automatically.

I see it as very solid QOL improvement. Coz I actually use cover and stealth... Instead of invisibility and invincibility.

• 4 weeks later...

That cant slow you down (While crouching actually does). Its supposed to trigger only when you press [aim] near corner while standing still. If you move (w/s/a/d pressed) it will not trigger. 

It will ease shooting from both sides of any cover. Player will never have to change "aiming shoulder" since it will just swap automatically.

I see it as very solid QOL improvement. Coz I actually use cover and stealth... Instead of invisibility and invincibility.

The problem is that it creates a very big area for glitches to show up. Whenever a character in a game has to 'latch onto' something for the sake of fulfilling an animation requirement or something of that ilk, there are always a hilarious amount of bugs wherein the positioning is off, for example;

The character plays the animation but is in a different spot, 

The player struggles to get into the right place for the scripting to trigger,

The game unlocks the third gate, and becomes sentient.

My point is, that though you might consider it a quality of life boost, it's not quite.. I'm hesitant to say 'worth it', because I don't want to de-value your opinion, but the work that would go into it would cost time and money that could be used on higher-priority features/fixes.

In my opinion the normal movement looks a little bit clunky (not sprint or walk).

I like the movement animation on zip lines. The normal movement could be replaced by this one if you choose agile idle stile in the arsenal. Just an idea.

I'm excited to see what DE will do with there new motion capture studio <3. Hopefully many of op ideas can be implemented in a cool way and with less effort :D

Edited by Arcira

• 2 weeks later...

Please bring back the previous version of wall running for the flat surface walls. I understand the wall bunny hop is for non flat surfaces but could you implement the actual wall running animation for flat horizontal walls and vertical walls. Sometimes trying to jump from wall to wall can get awkward with the bunny hop especially trying to attack enemies while wall running you can't anymore really unless you do the latch and it interrupts the flow of movement.  Just details like this makes the game more immersive, i understand functionality but were suppose to look and feel cool as well.

Very minor complaint: When reloading the tigris after only shooting only one shot of the double barrel the reload animation shows both shells being ejected when in reality the unfired shell would stay in the gun and only one shell would have to be loaded. I know it's very minor, just a pet peeve detail that most games with a double barrel shotgun overlook. Other than that it looks great!

Edited by Aquagrunt

The problem is that it creates a very big area for glitches to show up. Whenever a character in a game has to 'latch onto' something for the sake of fulfilling an animation requirement or something of that ilk, there are always a hilarious amount of bugs wherein the positioning is off, for example;

The character plays the animation but is in a different spot, 

The player struggles to get into the right place for the scripting to trigger,

The game unlocks the third gate, and becomes sentient.

My point is, that though you might consider it a quality of life boost, it's not quite.. I'm hesitant to say 'worth it', because I don't want to de-value your opinion, but the work that would go into it would cost time and money that could be used on higher-priority features/fixes.

Its just a ground version of  wall latch.  Afaik, wall latch have only one problem - camera position.

Hell, even "leg elevation detection" OP suggested is harder to make....And its even less important as a feature if you ask me...

Dont get me wrong though. I support animation improvements OP suggested.

• 3 weeks later...

I really feel that an option to zoom out or in on your warframe would be amazing I hate how close my view is and it blocks my whole left side, and yes i could switch my aim but that blocks the whole right side so same issue. 
Anyone else feel this would improve the game in any way?