Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please stop using Harrow for Eidolons

(PSN)Vodka_Vision_

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

Or at least when you see an Oberon trying to tank the Sentient blast to their face, just let them instead of trolling them with invincibility.

Please stop using Chroma Prime, I can't oneshot the Sentient using my Excalibur Umbra! Please don't troll us by killing it tooooo fast!

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

You know why Harrow is used, right?

Trolling the Oberon? I don't even understand what you're talking about.

Plenty of Oberons make energy by tanking damage. Chroma's vex buff grants damage buff based on damage Chroma takes. Without receiving damage, neither frame can do their job well. Those two working together is faster and better than harrow spamming his invulnerability. Throw in a trinity, and all 4 players can stand on Hallowed ground and tank the blast without issue. Throw in a smite infusion, and anyone with even a basic build can one shot a limb.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

Plenty of Oberons make energy by tanking damage. Chroma's vex buff grants damage buff based on damage Chroma takes. Without receiving damage, neither frame can do their job well. Those two working together is faster and better than harrow spamming his invulnerability. Throw in a trinity, and all 4 players can stand on Hallowed ground and tank the blast without issue. Throw in a smite infusion, and anyone with even a basic build can one shot a limb.

Harrow not only prevents others from taking damage but also gives everyone else huge boosts to crits.

How about this, you do what you want to do and stop telling other people not to bring in frames that boost other people. If you want to have people not bringing in Harrow to your games then do an LFG.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

Those two working together is faster and better than harrow spamming his invulnerability. Throw in a trinity, and all 4 players can stand on Hallowed ground and tank the blast without issue. Throw in a smite infusion, and anyone with even a basic build can one shot a limb.

Harrow can basically help make anyone once shot a limb.

There's also another thing to consider. Me playing Ivara DOESN'T rely on making sure everyone else play the way I want to, I still oneshot limbs, oneshot eidolons in the final phase, and "void dodging" the lures for massive damage reduction. A friend of mine has another method while using Ivara that allows them to oneshot limbs without even targeting them (also doesn't need outside buffs).

Maybe you shouldn't try jumping on the this is better hype train . We all have different ways we like to play and trying to tell someone that they shouldn't use a frame because "Those two working together is faster and better" kind of casts a shadow on you when there's also much better ways to do things than the one you want everyone else to play. Bottom line is if you want to dicated what/how people play, use LFG.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, MPonder said:

Also Harrow > Oberon for eidolon hunt., Trinity > Oberon for eidolon hunt. Any common eidolon DPS >= Oberon.

15 minutes ago, Lion said:

Please stop bringing Oberon to eidolon hunts, thanks.

you must not be very familiar with Smite Infusion Augment then, that's another 100% rad damage on top of all your other buffs. I've taken Oberon to nearly all Eidolon hunts and I prefer her over trinity or Harrow any day of the week. one-shotting limbs? check. lures immune to nearly all damage? check. squad doesn't go down and has immunity to magnetic proc while still benefitting from Rage/Hunter Adrenaline? check.

Oberon being better than harrow in a lot of circumstances? checkmate.

31 minutes ago, MPonder said:

Also Harrow > Oberon for eidolon hunt., Trinity > Oberon for eidolon hunt. Any common eidolon DPS >= Oberon.

Better yet:

The way one wants/enjoys to play > Harrow > Oberon for eidolon hunt., Trinity > Oberon for eidolon hunt. Any common eidolon DPS >= Oberon.

Anything else: Recruitment channel.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

you must not be very familiar with Smite Infusion Augment then, that's another 100% rad damage on top of all your other buffs. I've taken Oberon to nearly all Eidolon hunts and I prefer her over trinity or Harrow any day of the week. one-shotting limbs? check. lures immune to nearly all damage? check. squad doesn't go down and has immunity to magnetic proc while still benefitting from Rage/Hunter Adrenaline? check.

Oberon being better than harrow in a lot of circumstances? checkmate.

You must not be familiar with how consistency harrow bring to Sniper rifles to oneshot synovias, making every weapon +100% with critical chance, even rubico with 95% crit chance still have around 15% chance that one of the shots won't crit in a 3 shots with Multishot if I remember correct. Plus, it gives a good chance that at least one shot will be an orange crit.

Plus having invulnerability is also great and important, as Volt and DPS, because DPSers have to spawns wisps during Eidolon procs and sometimes volts have to place shields during that too because of invisible knock backs attacks.

I don't think YOU are familiar with Smite Infusion, it rad scales with strength, so it would be more than 100%, but even though, even if you bring for 200%, it is not better than Harrow buff consistency to oneshotting synovias.

With Oberon, oneshotting limbs? Not check, Lure immune? U dumb, U dumb??? No matter how much strength you put on that xit, he won't be better than Trinity, same for Squad, he is not better than trinity. Rage/Hunter in eidolon? OK, you are a noob. You saw this thing about Rage on Eido in some big youtuber channel, let me tell you, they are noob, but noob community just accept those things.

Edited by MPonder

13 minutes ago, MPonder said:

-snip-

I've tried both. Oberon is definitely stronger, capable of doing the jobs of both a trinity and a harrow. Smite infusion > covenant solely because the amount of damage you're getting is more than compensating for any lack of critical chance you might have, although frankly that's why I use a lanka. Guaranteed crits + pure radiation damage + vex armor typically equals oneshot, and while Oberon helps immensely at the final dps phase, harrow is just sort of... there. All that extra cc pales in comparison to 300% extra radiation damage

• Like 2