Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

I just brainstormed this idea for a warframe, and I think it could be fun to use.

How about a psychic warframe named Veil (or veilyn) who uses psychic powers to manipulate the tenno’s enemies, and use their own forces against themselves to conquer the battlefield

I’m leaning more toward the warframe being female, but I’ll say he/she anyway

The passive could be as she moves faster it shows a psychic projection following him/her and it makes her even harder for enemies time hit, bullet jumping could be the highest % and shows the projection more prominently. Rolling and jumping shows a bit, running shows a little bit less, walking has it a little, and standing still not at all.

1 could be able to lift up an enemy in mid air, activating again could throw the enemy at other enemies. it would do damage based on ability strength and knock them down, or you could throw them off the map like down a hole or something, which sounds like it could be a fun ability 

2 could be like a defensive blink to get her away from some kind of danger, and when she reappears she does aoe damage or a cc ability to surrounding enemies, I think it’s important for a warframe to have some sort of defensive ability, could even give him/her some bonus armor for a bit depending on how many he/she hit.

3 could be to pump psychic energy into things to supercharge them, you can use it on an enemy, and after a delay the enemy could explode. Cast on an ally warframe (or self casted by targeting nothing) and It will overall increase a warframes stats for a limited time. It could buff a warframes health, shield, armor, damage, speed, anything really, this ability could be combined with the 1 to supercharge an enemy, and throw it like a living bomb into a crowd of enemies and blow them up. I think that it would be satisfying to see happen.

4 could be something like after casting, maybe around 10 feet away from the warframe, a certain ammount of enemies around him/her will get captured in an orbit around the warframe and start spinning around him/her hitting any enemies they come in contact, kinda like a beyblade of spinning enemies, it doubles as a defensive area blocking enemy fire using the enemies trapped in the orbit, when you reactivate 4 it throws all the enemies away from him/her. I think that the 4 should be something big that fits the theme of the warframe entirely and should be fun to use, collecting enemies to use like this sounds really fun and devastating to me.

In conclusion I think a warframe overall should be something fun to use, and unique to set it apart from all the other warframes in the game, while also being a powerful threat to the enemies of the Tenno.

A Necromancer Warframe; as a support tipe.  With a lich or Egyptian mummy look.  Its abilities could have to do with stilling life from enemies to heal allys, making a life link with an enemy to inflict a portion of all damage taken to that enemy, sacrifice health to make a defensive shield or buff, gaining a percent of health from killing enemies; and the passive making it revive allys that are bleeding out twice as fast.

there is some big problem:
1) only one idea is an awful situation because everyoune of us has multiple of them in their mind and all are his favorite
2) 40 page to read to be sure not proposing something already done

In any case my idea is an animal transformation based warframe, one that embodies the true essence of different animals
It could have one ability to change between 3 animal (wolf / eagle / spider ) much like vauban and ivara 's one and that this could change his statistics
(ex: wolf more movement speed and bonus damage with melee while spider could make him immune to toxin,blast and impact status effect and eagle maybe increase chance to dodge attack)
2 ability that change effects based on the current form
and his ultimate ability it can transform in a dinosaur or other mythical/ancient creature with even more power

All these transformation could be balanced by scaling energy cost in both duration and efficiency

Lorewise could be an experiment gone wrong / an accident in the sanctuary were many creatures got fused in one frame or maybe a  frame that was friend with simaris and was his peak hunter

A vector-arrow frame. Instead of that little bump Vauban gives, he would creat an vector that takes both atention and movements of his enemies in the vector direction. His 2 could be a vector defense making bullets follow the vector instead of him. His 3 could be a vector up or down AOE. His 4 would work like PROTEA, but for enemies, making then go back in time when affected by it's radius. 

As for design, maybe holding some sort of cube or data pad while ordering vectors? Something between mage and professional would look nice!

I had an idea for a Mafia themed Warframe that would have existed during the creation of the Corpus.
They would be similar to Mirage in the sense of making Doppelgangers, but the Doppelgangers purely exist to help provide CC instead of extra damage.

The Mafia would treat fellow Tenno like family, giving them various damage buffs and would get really pissed if one of their family members dropped.
I also had some kind of unique currency that they would have to collect from enemies to be able to use these buffs.

Also they would have came with a new Tenno themed Metal Bat with nails poking out of it.
For consistencies sake, the new grip type it uses would be officially named "Club."

I had an idea for a Diablo 2-style necromancer frame, themed around infestation.

The frame infests corpses with spores that resurrect them, casting again turns them into the Infested counterparts that are much stronger, but lose any unique functionality. The frame's next ability can spawn support minions by consuming corpses which goes around consuming more corpses and leaving buffs behind for teammates, casting the ability again on them causes them to die and erupt into a healing mist that affects allies and minions. The third ability reanimates corpses in a group (perhaps spores which chain from one to the next?), driving them into a suicidal frenzy, and rush towards the nearest enemy and explode. The fourth ability puts down some infested growth which grabs all nearby corpses and minions, pulling them towards its center and consumes them, growing its mass with each thing eaten. After some time, the mass erupts to reveal a behemoth infested who's stats are based on how many things it consumed.

Animus(name subject to change)

Passive - damage taken by companions restores owner's energy. If it dies-warframe loses 100 energy, takes damage equal to 50% of pet's health as dmg and revives it.

Could change the numbers obviously. Was thinking it should just be immortal pets, but having pet rage sounds like it would work well.

1 Tick Swarm - 25 energy - summon a ball of Ticks and toss it at the enemy. Enemy hit takes(1/2/5/7% hp)slash damage every second for (5/7/10/20sec), restoring health to all friendly targets nearby(5/10/15/20m). Damage done is amplified by (10/15/25/50%) to the affected targets and makes the tick grow, increasing their damage output.  Nearby (2/4/5/10meters) targets take 25% of main target's effect.

Power strength increases damage done by Ticks and the amount of damage conversion.

Power duration increases Tick's lifespan

Power range increases range at which health is restored as well as increasing effect's splash range.

I did not want to force a particular mod or build to be able to use the Frog. Same animation as Ember's fireball, just chucking a pile of maggots at the enemy. One handed action. The heal is based on damage ticks do,1dmg>1hp healed. Didn't know how to word it.

Augment-ticks no longer do damage or heal, amplify is twice as effective, range is twice as high. Secondary targets gain the full effect.

2  Avian Spirit - 50 energy- cause ranged attack to punch through(1/2/4/6m),every target punctured also increases projectile status chance(7/15/30/50%),non hitscan weapons' projectiles move twice as fast. Also gain evasion(5/10/15/30%) lasts 5/10/15/25 sec. Affects allies.

Power strength increases the buff from puncture and melee buff.

Power duration increases buff duration.

Power range increases punch through and buff range.

Every target punctured increases status by the percentage, so if 1 was penetrated bullet deals +50%  status, 2 targets- double status etc. Evasion works like titania's 4,unaffected by power strength mods.

3 Frog Claws - 0 energy,% hp(50) - cause numerous spikes to appear from the frame(5/10/30/50) causing continuous damage to targets in close proximity(10% of spike damage,5m range),without consuming them. Each spike deals (10/25/50/100) puncture damage. Every ranged weapon shot consumes a spike, increasing damage by (10/25/50/100+5/10/15/25% of the shot), every heavy melee attack shoots a projectile (5/10/15/20 meters), consuming 25% of the spikes and dealing (10/25/50/100 for each spike+5/10/15/25% of the melee attack), slam attacks cause spikes to fly everywhere(like radial javelin), consuming 50% of the spikes and dealing (10/25/50/100 for each spike+10/15/20/40% of the slam damage). While active any instance of damage taken causes more spikes to appear(0/1/2/3 for each enemy hit taken). Damage taken is reduced by (5/10/15/30%) while active.

Why Frog- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairy_Frog , idea was to deal damage to self to cause damage to enemies. Also I think it's just a badass frog and needs more people knowing about it.

Power strength damage from spikes.

Power duration increases the number of spikes from the initial summon and from dmg taken(up to 5).

Power range increases spike size(proximity damage)

Power efficiency reduces the health cost

Augment- Double damage reduction, no spike generation from damage.

4 Reincarnation - 100 energy - select enemy target, upon death a spirit emerges from the corpse, type depending on the last ability used, level of the frog and the bird is the same as the target.

Tick-corpse explodes, causing number of Ticks to jump out on nearby enemies. Heal friendly targets for 50% of corpse's hp. Simply empowered version of Tick Swarm aside from that.

Avian-phoenix rises from the corpse, flying to its' master, acting like a sentinel. The bird takes 50% of damage taken by the summoner and upon his death it sacrifices itself giving 50% of the  remaining health as a heal and absorb, as well as exploding for 50% of its' health, burning nearby enemies(15m).

Frog-jumps around, attacking enemies in melee, every hit causing more spikes to appear, but damaging the Frog. Upon death Frog explodes causing spikes to fly everywhere. Friendly fire shooting at the Frog causes more spikes to appear, without hurting it.(balance reasons, I know it's silly)

Power strength increases Tick's damage output and amount of damage conversion. Increases Avian's health and damage. Increases Frog's health, damage from melee attacks(only enemy and not self) and explosion at the end.

Power duration increases Tick's lifespan. Increases Avian's lifespan. Increases Frog's lifespan and reduces self damage.

Power range increases Tick's explosion range, as well as range at which health is restored. Increases Frog's attack range and explosion range. Increases Avian explosion range.

As far as numbers go on this one I am uncertain.

Wildlife has went berserk, multiplying like crazy, attacking grineer, corpus and tenno sympathizers alike(Cetus,Fortuna). Quests starts with a Cetus bounty to cull the wildlife, cause cave-ins to block the nests and defending grineer, who temporarily will ally with Cetus.  Bounty will culminate with a boss fight against a giant Insect spirit. It will drop systems blueprint.

After, grineer will contact the player and offer a reward for doing an invasion(exterminate) on Mars. 3rd battle will end with a Bird spirit fight. It will drop neuroptics blueprint.

Corpus will shortly contact tenno, swarmed by wildlife on Pluto. This time it is a 15 minute survival, while corpus evacuates the area. At the end the boss Frog spirit spawns. It will drop chassis blueprint.

After this Corpus on Venus will ask Solaris to contact tenno to assist in their plight. It will be a 3 mission bounty, like the first one, but the last mission will direct the player to a facility on Uranus.

In the facility, the mutated beasts will attack the tenno. Eventually a cloning lab is revealed, the path to which will be littered with half eaten grineer corpses. The lab though is connected to an unearthed orokin vault, which had tenno inside, guarded by sentries and orokin constructs. Enemy tenno will take control of them and, once defeated, will retreat.

Next mission will be the pursuit of the rogue tenno. Player will be tasked with capturing him for interrogation. After traversing the feral kubrow caves the warframe(Animus) will fight the player and when defeated, rogue tenno will fight again. In the end warframe blueprint drops.

. I haven't decided what happens after the quest is done. Maybe he can die. Maybe he can be imprisoned and come back in some quest later on. Maybe there will be cool interaction with an npc player in the future.

gratuit

background: gratuit is void/physics frame based on the folding of time and space, she can take points in the world and manipulate them to her will over time, she is a mix of support and defensive allowing her to be used solo or as part of a large team to back up tanks or DPS. 

Passive: cocoon when holding position around an objective or team mates she develops a  small buff over time to her damage and Armour that extends to the those in her radius and stacks with each gratuit 

Ability 1: splinter (5s): create a trap that draws in hostiles and builds damage, when the timer ends or 1 is pressed again the strap detonates sending void shards shooting out that attract other targets, (a syndicate mod could be the smaller shards turn into  mini traps themselves  but with smaller a effect) 

Ability 2: void wave (10s), create a wall of time in front of gratuit that catches and absorbs incoming fire and effects, and then can be shot out in a wave, tapping 2 send it out in a small but focused wave, holding 2 charges it to fire over a wide area but reduces its damage. 

Ability 3: fractured (toggle)gratuit folds space and time around her building a Armour that attracts and absorbs damage like magnet and attracts hostiles focus to her, while taking damage it buffs her speed, Armour and shields, while in this mode she can only use  here melee attack, this can be used to get the focus of teammates when in need and rewards fast movement and close combat by playing into the risk reward factor.   

Ability 4: folding chaos (8s) gratuit drains all current energy and shields to build an unstable tear in space and time that causes chaos around her ar random, depending on ability range and damage folding chaos will care mini singularities around it dragging in and ripping apart enemies and sending out small team buffs, in this mode gratuit cannot move and is pinned in place, the singularities spawn at random and are luck based. 

lore: gratuit was built after limbo vanished using what was left of his notes, her purpose was to make a frame that could harness the voids power and for it into other frames to increase their power but an error occurred and the frame tore itself apart each test, the final result was a frame that while it can harness the void like limbo it is far more chaotic and brutal, while limbo can tame the void and manipulate it to his will, gratuit beats it into submission, the frame is unstable, always on the edge of ripping itself apart, to sum up gratui in a phrase

"absolute power corrupts absolutely"

I was thinking of one themed around Lycanthropy! I plan on making a design concept for her as well, but what I have written is:

PASSIVE - BLOOD LUST - Boosts the power of her abilities the longer she can keep a combo up

1 - FERAL CLAWS - Lunges forward on a path and deals slash damage along the way (As well as knock down enemies?)

2 - BLOOD MOON - Expend all blood lust for a percentage of health

3 - WOLF CRY - Grants all allies within a radius slash damage; More slash damage is granted if more allies are within the radius.

4 - LYCANTHROPY - Becomes more beastly, razing terror on her foes and granting her new melee combos. (CHANNELED ABILITY)

I'm hoping I can edit this later with a concept design, as I'm running low on time right now, but that's what I have at the moment!

A Knight Warframe, with chains the he controls moving trought his arms, legs etc. His exalted could be a lance and shield.

Beetle wings on his back could form it's exalted weapons, one little piece can be the lance with chain cable, the shield is formed from the rest of wings united.

I have been building up on this concept for months casually, though I never did put it to text until now. If I was good at creating art I'd have drawn him, but the best I could do is describe his appearance as best as I can.

Name: Midas/ Chulainn / Fenris

The name selection is based on the source materials used to create this Warframe but other suitable ones can be put into place and these reserved for helmet names instead.

Mechanics: Two phase Infested Transformation Warframe similar to Equinox; main form shackled metallurgist that mainly uses Void infused gold, pressing 4 transforms i.e hulking out into werewolf-esque creature with high mobility and wide, powerful vicious attacks that still have some metal bending properties. Both modes need to be both useful, fun and viable in content.

Aesthetic: base form is tall, slender and sculpted, a faded gray and white like what you'd imagine an old marble statue to resemble. His arms, legs and neck have ornate cuffs, his spine is lined with metal and his palms shine bright with gold. Dimmed liquid gold flows through cracks all around his body and helmet, as if his outer shell was repaired with the Kintsugi technique that all meets at one point on his chest. I honestly did not think too much on his helmet, so I had imagined it to be rather simply shaped (maybe like Zer0 from Borderlands but smaller and more rounded) but the gold cracks go across it too, maybe meeting at a smaller point where one could see an eye being located. Honestly the helmet can be made into anything so long as it fits and still has the gold cracks.

When transforming the gold on his body that held him back hardens and shatters, followed by his frame exploding outward into a daunting Infested monster. His helmet would give way and reform into a hideous, wolf-like Infested face and maw that contours slightly to his now exposed human skull and dislodged jaw. The head and the rest of his body mass wears his old marble skin along where it was cracked, positioned now like a somewhat natural plate armor, and the newly exposed flesh is glistening Infested gray/red sinew and molten metal. The metal along his spine before now flares into an actual exposed metal spine shape. His hands and feet become twisted, enlarged claws lined with molten metal while his legs are broken and rearranged to better suit a larger stride and support. The size increase is definitely noticable, but not enough to hinder mobility in most environments.

Augment for his 4: Maws of Cerberus - two additional growths resembling monstrous heads sprout from his shoulders when transforming, giving him a unique ranged attack.

Lore (just headcanon, ignore if not interested):

Spoiler

formerly he was a very effective and infamous Dax soldier who was manipulated to be converted into a Warframe. Long before volunteering he was a graceful but vicious battler, enough so that he was compared to the then recently deployed Warframes that operated before the discovery of the Tenno's powers. He was very resourceful in scavenging, forging, and reforging Dax steel and other metals but he was quick to anger, combative and had an unusual, obsession for gold, which was inappropriate given his station as a servant warrior. When he was handed over to the gene workers they had begun to design him more in an artistic fashion; they already have the different models that were simple but made good use of the weapons and elements they manifested so what harm would it be to have a machine that fit their vision and gave back to them? So when they were finished with their new creation - a beautiful, gilded and flawless living sculpture, they were quite pleased. Unlike their previous projects, who were nigh uncontrollable even with restraints, drugs and training, this one was not only passive but obedient. Their pleasure only grew, along with surprise, when the power that manifested from him was a most peculiar summoning of liquid metals with unique properties. Among those was gold, so they immediately put the Warframe to work to mass produce gold and other desparately needed metals for the Orokin's Towers, accessories and other things and begun cloning more of the Warframe. This would come at a price, however; the constant, factory like work took its toll on the Warframes, who became increasingly ornery and visibly strained. Their bodies slowly but noticeably began growing cracks which leaked. Their decision to immediately exploit this Warframe would be their undoing, for they failed to realize that the passiveness was due to the Infested influence within its body being more significantly concentrated but dormant due to meshing with the host's old consciousness so well, and the constant activity and strain awoke and angered it. Absolute catastrophe struck when they all retaliated; uncontrollable and worse than any model before it, countless Towers were felled with ease, melted and broken beyond recognition and victims were ripped asunder with scorched wounds or encased in the very metals they had desired. In the end, most of the Warframes had to be destroyed with those remaining being tortured and reprogrammed by Ballas himself, sealing its shattered frame with the liquid greed pouring from its core that had caused so much damage to them all. They were then immediately put in storage, never to be disturbed again. Some Towers do put mild use to these sealed, now dormant Warframes for repairs at a significantly reduced rate to prevent their reawakening. This Warframe was one of the biggest failures of the project and a major contribution to it being shelved before the discovery of the Tenno and were mostly forgotten about by that time.

5 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Community-Created-Warframe-Header-alt-blue.jpg

We’re calling upon the Warframe community to create the next Warframe! You can stay up-to-date on the design phases in the official Community-Designed Warframe thread.

The theme is the foundation of every Warframe’s design. Over the years, we have seen countless fantastic ideas in the Fan Concepts subforum and across the Internet. That creativity is what we’ll need to breathe life into this Warframe! Share with us a Warframe theme you’d like to see inspire the next design.

How to submit:

In this thread, share a description of a Warframe theme that you would like to see in-game!

We aren’t considering Abilities during this design phase. First, it’s all about a strong theme! Expound your idea and make it the best it can be.

Guidelines:

• One submission per player.
  • Theme can’t be changed after it is submitted. You may edit your post to make small changes like fixing typos. "Reason for edit" will be reviewed.
  • If there are duplicate theme submissions, only the one that was first posted will be considered - we’ll be watching!
  • Theme idea must be original. Your submission can be from a post you made elsewhere as long as it’s your own!
  • Details like back stories might be altered by the Dev Team as needed to ensure consistency with Warframe’s overall design.
  • Concept art can be included in submissions but will not be considered in the final design or when selecting the final theme.
  • Do not reserve spots in this thread.
  • Only post submissions in this thread.
  • Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
  • Chosen submission becomes property of Digital Extremes.

We understand that we can’t avoid duplicate Warframe theme submissions, so please do your best to submit a theme that has yet to be presented, and we’ll do our best when sorting through to ensure there is a fair opportunity for all!

Selecting the Final Theme:

Call for submissions will close on Thursday, March 19 at 1:00pm ET.

After reviewing all theme submissions, the Warframe Team will choose a Top 10 to present to the Design Council!

The Design Council will then vote to determine the winning Warframe theme. Design Council voting will begin on Friday, March 20 at 1:00PM ET and run until Thursday, March 26 at 1:00PM ET.

After the Theme is Chosen:

Community artist, Eornheit will create the Warframe’s official design based on the chosen theme! Once the design is complete, we will make an open call to the community once again to design the Warframe’s Abilities. Follow each phase here!

The community-created Warframe’s name and final design will be revealed on Saturday, July 11th during the TennoCon 2020 Live Stream!

ALL PLAYERS FROM EACH PLATFORM CAN PARTICIPATE

Let us hear your Warframe ideas, Tenno!

I would honestly love to see a warframe who could stand up right but ALSO walk and run on all fours and have more animalistic kind of basics to build from. I think it would be cool.

a primary warframe, one of the first experiments of Orokin. But they failed, and abandoned the error warframe. Recovered by Grineers Queens, updated with kuva to be a perfect vessel. But they also failed. Now, once again abandoned as the monster he is, he tries only to be left alone, far from his perfects unknown brothers.  

Warframe name: Sierra
Type of Warframe: Steam Locomotive

Appearance: Her helmet would resemble an aerodynamic piece used on streamline steam engines. She has two small chimneys on her shoulders, which occasionally release small amounts of steam. Various small parts, such as valves, levers and pipes would be visible on her body, while a steam engine wheel is on her back, though it's a decoration and can be colored separately.

Lore: A female Tenno had recently been captured by the Grustag Three. Fearing the impending execution from Councilor Vay Hek, she fled, with the three right behind her. She fled into an old warehouse, and found two pieces of equipment that have saved her life: an ancient steam locomotive and a teleporter to a relay. The Grustag Three had since given up searching for their captive, while the Tenno built an exosuit out of certain steam engine parts. The result is Steam. She's powerful, and uses her abilities to aid her allies and bring enemies into extinction.

Stats:  Health: 125 // Armor: 200 // Shields: 175 // Power: 130

1st Ability: Coal Hopper (uses 25 energy)

Sierra fires a volley of burning coal at her enemies, applying burning, impact and blinded debuffs. Base amount is 7. Base range is 10 meters. Max amount is 28. Max range is 60 meters.

2nd ability: Pressurization (uses 50 energy)

Sierra pressurizes the clips, magazines and bullets of her allies, making them travel faster and deal more damage with a 8% chance of blast and impact damage (base chance. Max chance is 40% without mods). Base duration: 7 seconds without mods. Max duration: 35 seconds without mods.

3rd Ability: Safety Valve (uses 50 energy)

An audible snap is heard, and Sierra shrouds herself in a cloud of steam. Allies can enter this cloud for protection, while enemy fire becomes lost inside the cloud. Allies can see out, but enemies can't see in. Base duration: 5 seconds without mods. Max duration: 35 seconds without mods.

4th Ability: Whistleblower (uses 125 energy) "And the whistle broke into a scream."

Sierra lets off an ear splitting whistle, applying deafness (enemies can't communicate or hear incoming fire), knockdown, impact, bleeding debuffs. The whistle is so loud, it can heard in other tilesets. She can also cycle through the following whistles:

1) http://www.trainweb.org/hoboshornsounds/horn47.wav

2) http://www.trainweb.org/hoboshornsounds/horn51.wav

3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZnWx-XNIGM (both)

4) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wELDS_DgC84

5) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr5kOCpyADA

Agile Animation: Sierra juggles 5 red hot coals, and the drive wheel on her back before letting the drive wheel land on her back.

Noble Animation: Sierra floats a little off the ground and envelopes herself in a cloud of steam.

I already made a bit of concept art. I know her name says "Steam", but it's supposed to be Sierra. InxoUEh.jpg

A Warframe called Rakshasa. In Hindu mythology, Rakshasa are demons that can shape-shift into animals, monsters, and people.

I think a Warframe that can shape-shift into animals and people would be something new and refreshing for the game. Maybe it could even turn into enemies to blend in for stealth, or use animal-like abilities for both offensive and defensive abilities. There is lots of potential here.

Really want to see a Lancer/Spear themed warframe. Something akin to Dragonslayer Ornstein from Dark Souls, a proper Knight/Paladin with a spear or lance. Give him a plume and lion-style helmet, with sleak yet bulky, regal-looking armor, perhaps a Lion-roar ability that is similar to Rhino's that prevents stagger, increases attack damage and speed for melee weapons, hell perhaps maybe tie in his lore with Chroma and have him be a sentientslayer that cut ties with Chroma after a dispute happened, to reinforce the similarity to Ornstein being a dragonslayer.

Image result for ornstein

I would love to see a shape-shifter / Druid play style. Someone with some support ability mixed with a primal melee that can summon some support kubrows and kavats for ranged attacks. Like maybe the 4th ability temporarily werekubrows out in a similar fashion as valkyr

Archived