Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can i use my cosmetics to balance negative platinum ? ?

binhthanhk2

So recently my account had been banned because i take some plat from a friend in the past , the amount is not much but i really don't want to buy those plat because i would rather use it to buy prime accessories in the future . So when i looked around in the internet , i see a post said i can use my cosmetics that i've bought to balance my negative platinum . So i write a ticket asking DE to help me with it but it almost 2 weeks now and DE still haven't replied me . I don't know if that possible ? Are my tickets getting ignored ? Have anyone encountered this issue before ? How long does it take for DE to respond to your ticket ? Thank you 😭

Edited by binhthanhk2

10 minutes ago, binhthanhk2 said:

So recently my account had been banned because i take some plat from a friend in the past , the amount is not much but i really don't want to buy those plat because i would rather use it to buy prime accessories in the future . So when i looked around in the internet , i see a post said i can use my cosmetics that i've bought to balance my negative platinum . So i write a ticket asking DE to help me with it but it almost 2 weeks now and DE still haven't replied me . I don't know if that possible ? do my ticket getting ignore ? Have anyone encountered this issue before ? How long does it take for DE to respond to your ticket ? Thank you 😭

the only real way to get out of negative plat is to buy plat to put you out of the negative and DE cant take up to 1-2 business weeks its just depends.

• Like 2

It's called a queue and there's always thousands of tickets every day and certain types of tickets have different priority. I highly doubt that unlocking an account due to various reasons involving hacking (not saying you did, but your friend) is high priority. Most locked accounts have automatic ways that DE sets to make them unlock once fulfilled.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (NSW)Rastuasi said:

It's called a queue and there's always thousands of tickets every day and certain types of tickets have different priority. I highly doubt that unlocking an account due to various reasons involving hacking (not saying you did, but your friend) is high priority. Most locked accounts have automatic ways that DE sets to make them unlock once fulfilled.

Thank you , i hope they'll reply my ticket next  week.  I'm fine with being refused but getting an early reply will help me a lot with my decisions, I can come back to the game sooner and not miss the rewards regretfully

8 hours ago, (PS4)reidy35 said:

You seem to have missed the point. If ANY of the scammed plat entered the trading market, everyone who trades with it gets effected.

You made a mistake. A big one. Now you have to fix it, by paying DE the money they are owed due to the scammed plat. It isn't a factor of "I wanna trade my capes" its a "I should pay DE the money they are owed"

Back up one sec. I'm entirely with you on if op tried to scam the devs, then they should pay the money owed... but did op actually try and scam the devs? From what I read, he just got some platinum from his friend without knowing his friend was trading bad plat. If I've missed something, please point it out

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (PS4)reidy35 said:

You seem to have missed the point. If ANY of the scammed plat entered the trading market, everyone who trades with it gets effected.

You made a mistake. A big one. Now you have to fix it, by paying DE the money they are owed due to the scammed plat. It isn't a factor of "I wanna trade my capes" its a "I should pay DE the money they are owed"

Op didn't do anything wrong other Than use the trade system. To our knowledge he has just caught the bad end of bad plat. Assuming he's scamming is 

A stretch. 

Now op I'd just say wait for support on your end or cop the plat if you can't wait

• Like 1

I don't quite get what happened here exactly. "His friend" (tm) scammed someone but somehow that plat got into his pocket, right? How he's in negative balance, did he buy something with this plat so DE had to subtract from zero when returning plat to owner? So he got something for free, apparently skin, used it,  and now he wants to "return" this skin to unlock his account?

Is that even a valid support case? Why whould DE unlock it?

Edited by 32768

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that op's "friend" is in fact someone he bought plat from on a third party site.

Generally, DE only remove plat/items when a chargeback has occurred on the items bought, which is easy to do via steam.

If it really was his friend, that's a dodgy thing to do, and that friend should no longer be a friend.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 32768 said:

I don't quite get what happened here exactly. "His friend" (tm) scammed someone but somehow that plat got into his pocket, right? How he's in negative balance, did he buy something with this plat so DE had to subtract from zero when returning plat to owner? So he got something for free, apparently skin, used it,  and now he wants to "return" this skin to unlock his account?

Is that even a valid support case? Why whould DE unlock it?

If he had nothing to do with it then DE will roll back the trade and remove the negative amount once support takes care of his ticket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Psianide73 said:

Generally, DE only remove plat/items when a chargeback has occurred on the items bought, which is easy to do via steam.

I see. Perhaps someone bought plat, bought something in shop with plat and then cancelled bank transaction, then got their accounts locked. So the one who was scammed here is actually DE.

I don't know, this doesn't look very promising.

But this is interesting. Apparently DE has full transaction history if they can track plat movement across different user accounts.

Always take a screenshot of your trade when someone is giving YOU plat. It's just a good habit to get into and has helped people in this exact situation in the past. Even some guy buying your arcane energizes or whatever could issue a chargeback and get your platinum nuked.

4 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Op didn't do anything wrong other Than use the trade system. To our knowledge he has just caught the bad end of bad plat. Assuming he's scamming is 

A stretch. 

no stretch here "because i take some plat from a friend in the past" - this sounds guilty as hell. And now he want's to weasel his way out for free. Nah. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, zakaryx said:

Even some guy buying your arcane energizes or whatever could issue a chargeback and get your platinum nuked.

Never heard of people charging back a successful trade. DE is not responsible for any trade including promising or scam as long as both parties pressed the confirm button.

The only time DE would alter your plat is when you received shady plats.

14 minutes ago, SHArK-FiN said:

Never heard of people charging back a successful trade. DE is not responsible for any trade including promising or scam as long as both parties pressed the confirm button.

The only time DE would alter your plat is when you received shady plats.

He means that the person buying your energize has just bought plat from DE, then after the trade with you he contacts the bank and gets a chargeback. You sit with his plat, it will get removed from your plat stash and possibly send you into the negative if you've used some of it after the trade. There should be less risk with it now due to 2FA being required to trade, but it isnt fool proof.

Previously shady people bought plat on alt accounts, bought items from players, trades the items to their main account and then did a chargeback. Alt account got nuked, main account didnt get touched and the person they traded with would get the plat removed. This because DE doesnt seem to actually trace the individual trades, but instead only check where the bad plat currently is at and remove it from where it was found.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

no stretch here "because i take some plat from a friend in the past" - this sounds guilty as hell. And now he want's to weasel his way out for free. Nah. 

Instantly assuming the worst because of one's spelling is sad. Based off of his spelling I'm assuming English isn't his for language and generally speaking being new to the forums he came here for help not to be a cues of scamming. What happened to the oh so nice community of helpful tenno? Also based on his responses besides you (because even if he was seeeming more guilty you came off as a a hole) you seem like the bad guy here

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp
  • Like 3

This is why I'm glad we dont have crossplay , cause this cant happen on consoles. and is one of the main reasons I switched to console

EDIT* For future reference , when trading on pc always have more  than what your trading for on hand as a  saftey net , is what I did when i played on PC , that way even if it gets removed you dont go negative ,  hold plat for atleast  a month after a large value trade , and never just accept plat from "freinds" who may just be getting rid of dirty plat , Plat is NEVER free

Edited by (XB1)VaricBreem

4 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Instantly assuming the worst because of one's spelling is sad. Based off of his spelling I'm assuming English isn't his for language and generally speaking being new to the forums he came here for help not to be a cues of scamming. What happened to the oh so nice community of helpful tenno? Also based on his responses besides you (because even if he was seeeming more guilty you came off as a a hole) you seem like the bad guy here

I get where you're coming from. The replies are harsh but the suggestions at least look to be correct.

I went through it best I could logically and even a best case scenario it doesn't add up. The least that could have happened is that their friend (who is most definitely real and they know them personally) had provided them with a gift, who then refunded it for a completely legitimate reason, and not trying to commit payment fraud against DE. Where it falls apart is why would anyone they'd call a friend not give back the portion of the refund that they had essentially gifted to you previously, so that the OP may easily resolve the account breaking issue that this friend directly caused? I don't believe the platinum could have come from a friend because it's unbelievable a friend like that exists. So based on that, I can only believe that it came from the same places that everyone else who makes these same posts also got it from. 

Edited by Unagi604

13 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Instantly assuming the worst because of one's spelling is sad. Based off of his spelling I'm assuming English isn't his for language and generally speaking being new to the forums he came here for help not to be a cues of scamming. What happened to the oh so nice community of helpful tenno? 

In went away when list of legitimate concerns was responded with "ok boomer". You're being naive but whatever.

• Like 1

The solution to this endless problem is not 2FA (though it helps) but DE implementing their own in-game marketplace where you can ONLY trade with plat that has been "cleared" into the game. Or a solution where plat will show up in your account only after being "cleared" (which can take seconds, hours, days, weeks or months, depending on national legislation).

"Cleared" meaning having passed the deadline for chargeback and other "trade roll-back" systems, and thus being locked into the game "forever".

Or plat could be split into two separate categories: "cleared" plat (= safe for everyone, "green plat") & "uncleared" plat (= can stilled be removed through original transaction roll-back, "red plat"). But who in their right mind would trade for "uncleared" plat? Even though that is what we all risk doing, right now.

As long as you can legally buy plat for real money (which keeps Warframe going = a good thing), buy stuff for plat in-game (= a basic prerogative for the whole plat economy) and legally take your money back from the initial "buy plat"-transaction ("return"-option often based on national legislation and as such unavoidable), this problem will exist and continue to be a problem.

The ONLY two sure-fire ways to avoid getting into a negative plat-balance situation is thus to never trade in plat OR implementing a system that allows trading only with "cleared" plat. Those are the only two logical options (to be sure). All the rest (trading only with players you trust etc.) are just ways to minimize the risk, not remove it.

Edited by Graavarg