Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Legacy Warframe (2013-2014 version)

Nindo73xx

I've revently been watching some old videos on Warframe (videos from 2013 when I first started to play) and I jsut remember I much I actually miss the old Warframe, don't get me wrong, I love the current Warframe but there are just some thing form the old Warframe that I also really love still, like the old colour pallet of the game and the old version of the gui/star map, I was just wondering if it would be possible for DE maybe in the future or something to release a "legacy" version of the game so plays like my self and new players can experiance the old version of Warframe, back when the fastest way to travel around was to run, back when bullet jumping and stuff didn't exsist. I just though it would be cool from a legacy version to exsist so people can if they want to play the original version of Warframe 😄 Below are some screenshots from one of the YouTube videos I watched about the 2013 Warframe.cTtRXAL.jpgr3OPphh.jpg

• Like 6

This isn't Runescape, we shouldn't go back to a time where Excalibur's 4th ability was a super jump. Things change for a reason, let the past stay in the past, innovate upon the present. The amount of content clearly not present in the '13-14 version makes this idea completely ridiculous. To top that off, we'd need to diverge precious developmental assets away from the main game to maintain an objectively inferior version. DE already has enough on their plate, hardly being able to stay on track with what they have to do, this would take away from updating the main game & it would hurt it in the long run. Hard pass.

Edited by (PS4)IndianChiefJeff
  • Like 19

I just love how the Sun on Starchart 1.0 looks literally like a mine ospreys drop. (Still the best looking Starchart of them all IMO)

As for the idea itself, I guess Warframe went far enough from what it was when I came to it (let alone when it was in closed beta) that releasing its classic counterpart is virtually equivalent to launching a second independent game.

I see it only as a profitable option for DE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)IndianChiefJeff said:

back to a time where Excalibur's 4th ability was a super jump.

So... never? Super Jump was his 3rd. And remember, this was a time before parkour 2.0, so while it was situational, gaining a bit of extra vertical distance could be pretty handy when your wallruns were limited.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Corvid said:

So... never? Super Jump was his 3rd. And remember, this was a time before parkour 2.0, so while it was situational, gaining a bit of extra vertical distance could be pretty handy when your wallruns were limited.

ngl completely forgot about that lmao, maybe just keep is load how it is and then jobs a good one 😄

4 hours ago, Nindo73x said:

back when the fastest way to travel around was to run, back when bullet jumping and stuff didn't exsist.

Oh how much I miss seeing 'coptering' Tenno... Now the other scene that was common till nerfday patch was Tenno with Aero Vantage doing Orbital Bombardment with Bramma...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nindo73x said:

the old version of the gui/star map

I'm super nostalgic for the 'middle' version of that, the one with planets arranged in a circle, and missions on a planet in a circle around it. Least practical map ever put into a videogame, but damn did it look cool!

Edited by SordidDreams

The only part about older warframe that I want, is if you look at the banshee warframe profile, or the ps4 alad v warframe trailer

There's these particle effects that you can see when banshee uses sonic boom. They're these green sparks that are weighed by gravity that bounce on the floor and bounce off of walls.

They were exclusive to people using nvidia graphics cards and were actual reasons why when I built a gaming PC I specifically went for a nvidia graphics card.

They have also since been removed from the game.

If there was only one thing about the old game I wish we could have back more than anything else, it would be those particle effects on sonic boom.

9 hours ago, Corvid said:

back then, pizzas were solid objects, you could jump, place one, jump and make a vertical bridge to climb up.

6 hours ago, Obviousclone said:

There's these particle effects that you can see when banshee uses sonic boom. They're these green sparks that are weighed by gravity that bounce on the floor and bounce off of walls.

They were exclusive to people using nvidia graphics cards and were actual reasons why when I built a gaming PC I specifically went for a nvidia graphics card.

That was Nvdias PhysX, it was removed from the game because it started to have stability issues or something of the sorts, I also really miss that. I never got a chance to use it but it was a dream of mine XD. But from what I heard Steve said they are working on their own version of PhysX. So maybe we get to look forward to that in the future. Soon™.

While the nostalgy is good and all but I prefer to stay up to date. Games like warframe can only survive if they evolve. Not evolving means the game does not caretake new players and cannot sustain actual players only a handful playerbase that liked the old designs. There is a lot more to do now and still there are systems in the game which haunts from the past what needs an urgent fix.

More or less the game is better but of course every new addition to the game can be good and bad equal. No developer exists whom can listen to all ideas and can pleases the whole playerbase. They can do rotationally pleases said players but that means they need to waste a lot rescources to fill the space. If DE have had 300-500 workforce then they could make cosmetics, fix old content and make new. 300-500 people is most of the time enough to do stuff "quicker" than a 3-7-10 people developer team.

• Like 4