Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Intermission Tier 60

(PSN)The1Lyden

So this may come off as an insignificant post for some but here it is...

I play on ps4, we don't have scarlet spear yet, I have mostly been doing liches, and nightwave stuff. However, nightwave is capped at tier 60... you hit your 30 tiers with rewards and then the next 60 you get 15 credits for each tier...

why is there even a cap??? I feel like I am being punished for playing too much or something. This intermission has being going on for nearly 6 months, did you not think ppl would get this far? I can still use this credits for catalysts and reactors or kuva and nitain...

I know the next nightwave is coming.... sometime.... but until it gets here..  why not remove the cap or tell me when its coming. 

Thanks.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, (PS4)The1Lyden said:

I know the next nightwave is coming.... sometime.... but until it gets here..  why not remove the cap or tell me when its coming. 

Because then people with severe cases of FOMO will start complaining the game forces them to do every single challenge.

DE don't like when their playerbase complains.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

Doesn't this season go to 90? 

Maybe if you count the first 30 rewards and the following 60 prestige tiers.... thats 90... but maybe our intermission should have gotten an intermission since this one has been going on for so long.

1 hour ago, (PS4)The1Lyden said:

I play on ps4, we don't have scarlet spear yet, I have mostly been doing liches, and nightwave stuff. However, nightwave is capped at tier 60... you hit your 30 tiers with rewards and then the next 60 you get 15 credits for each tier...

why is there even a cap??? I feel like I am being punished for playing too much or something. This intermission has being going on for nearly 6 months, did you not think ppl would get this far? I can still use this credits for catalysts and reactors or kuva and nitain...

Thanks.

The real answer is because DE didn't plan for a 6 month intermission (6 months on 4/21). They are making things up as they need to.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)The1Lyden said:

Maybe if you count the first 30 rewards and the following 60 prestige tiers.... thats 90... but maybe our intermission should have gotten an intermission since this one has been going on for so long.

Yes, this is so. I also thought prestige would go to 90, but it's 30 base + 60 prestige. 

It sucks that things like Nitain are impossible to get if you run out because DE keeps capping things.  At least before alerts continued to be available now with NW you're just screwed.

I will say thank you to them for extended from 30 to 60 prestige but come on DE, how hard is it to tack another 30 on.  

Heck it shouldn't require more than changing a value in a database or the value of a variable if its hard coded.  Compile and push it out.  Should take an internet less than 5 minutes.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb (PS4)The1Lyden:

Thanks.

In the first Season you could farm points from the Saturn Six prisoners that is the probably the reason for the cap. But i think your a right they should remove the cap so they don't have to hurry to bring out the next nightwave. And its still possible to get credits. After they released the stance forma, even if its not very useful, they should be a way to get nitain. 

10 hours ago, ant99999 said:

DE don't like when their playerbase complains.

The playerbase doesn't like when DE gives it so many reasons to complain either.

10 hours ago, ant99999 said:

people with severe cases of FOMO will start complaining the game forces them to do every single challenge

Oh please, DE loves FOMO, despite claiming otherwise. What do you think Scarlet Spear is? It's nothing but FOMO.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Oh please, DE loves FOMO, despite claiming otherwise.

Of course they do, when it's on their side. But i highly doubt they decide to unlock NW cap, cause then the Forums will intantly turn into 100 times more toxic waste deposit than they already are.

Add another 30 ranks on top of existing 90 is what they definitely can do instead.

P.S. If to think about it, adding 30 ranks more will actually exploit FOMO even more than unlocking it. Without a clear ceiling some FOMO enthusiasts could just quit trying, but with a goal of rank 120 they will definitely rank it up all the way to max.

Edited by ant99999

36 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

If to think about it, adding 30 ranks more will actually exploit FOMO even more than unlocking it. Without a clear ceiling some FOMO enthusiasts could just quit trying, but with a goal of rank 120 they will definitely rank it up all the way to max.

Sounds very plausible. That's exactly what Scarlet Spear did to me. It's so crappy and grindy that I realized I couldn't get everything, which instantly drained me of all motivation to try and get anything.

Edited by SordidDreams

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently capped at 60 on PS4.  0 credits to spend, and still doing the nightwave missions... hoping just hoping lol. Anyway, I concur, why bother with the cap? So all this does is make the hardcore gamers put less time into the game.  Alert used to give out these items and generic codes for kavats, but now no more codes...sad...gotta spend the creds on Nitain also...

4 minutes ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

Aren't they waiting for the current events to end? Like Scarlet Spear, then Fomorian and Razorback to avoid having an event overload? 

Based on DE_Goose it is because Glassmaker isn't ready yet...you know...the next Nightmare 'event'...

It has been about 180 days in this intermission...twice as long as any other Nightwave related period. DE simply is making Glassmaker too big/difficult or not a high enough priority.