The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where to level archwing weapons fast?

shann_cs

Question

6 hours ago, AngelWednesday said:

It's a mobile defence on Selacia Neptune. 😁💖

literally the only place to go. Leveled up all my archwing stuff there worked like a charm and drop chance of tellerium is higher there as well

• Like 2

Thanks for answers. I used Neptune/mobile defense in the past. I just thought there is some faster way.

I could also try recruit-chat, I'm just a little sceptical if I succeed. Everybody is "cracking" Titania relics these days..

3 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Uranus survival, jump in the water to be in Sharkwing and stay in affinity range of your mate being DPS.

I personally against this. To me it kinda justifies leeching.

I know that it's a thing, also the dps will be dps anyway, and probably rather have you to stay out of their way. Also it's happening all over warframe: some team member will be way less useful than some other, they're better off leveling some gear or whatever anyway. Or hundred other logical reasons.

But i just can't support it in a right mind. I'd rather have suck players who actually try their best, then turn a blind eye to some form of leeching.

Edited by Soy77
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

I know that it's a thing, also the dps will be dps anyway, and probably rather have you to stay out of their way. Also it's happening all over warframe: some team member will be way less useful than some other, they're better off leveling some gear or whatever anyway. Or hundred other logical reasons.

But i just can't support it in a right mind. I'd rather have suck players who actually try their best, then turn a blind eye to some form of leeching.

If it's a clan mate or friend, it's not leeching. It's no different to the optimal frame levelling strat of having a mate Sleepquinox on Adaro for you to melee them all. A typical setting in my clan when a new frame is released is to put about 5 forma on the frame and that means running 10 times on Adaro with a buddy, 5 times as the Sleepquinox and 5 times as the benefactor. 

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

In a group - Uranus survival, jump in the water to be in Sharkwing and stay in affinity range of your mate being DPS.

5 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

If it's a clan mate or friend, it's not leeching. It's no different to the optimal frame levelling strat of having a mate Sleepquinox on Adaro for you to melee them all.

ryan newman no GIF by Alexander IRL

Please tell me you're joking right? Not only is this encouraging laziness, but it's just plain TACKY! I don't think having you casually backstroke in the water, whilst your team mates mash the melee button is what I would call a "leveling Strat" to be disseminated to the playerbase as a viable solution. Please note that even with your squadmates approval; it's still LEECHING!

17 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

I personally against this. To me it kinda justifies leeching...

Amen! What's even worse is that this is advice coming from a MR30 player with more than enough years to qualify as a veteran.  Please don't encourage laziness as a strategy.  It's NOT that painful to level Archguns if you just use them!  It's not weeks of xp grinding on Salacia and, if its that horrific of an ordeal, than buy an affinity booster!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

ryan newman no GIF by Alexander IRL

Please tell me you're joking right? Not only is this encouraging laziness, but it's just plain TACKY! I don't think having you casually backstroke in the water, whilst your team mates mash the melee button is what I would call a "leveling Strat" to be disseminated to the playerbase as a viable solution. Please note that even with your squadmates approval; it's still LEECHING!

Oh it's you again with your silly gif to try and make yourself look cool. Considering that we all take turns in being the one to carry, no it's not leeching. It would only be leeching if we didn't take turns. We only really used the Sharkwing levelling for the actual Archwing not the weapon, the old Thumper tactic on Salacia is probably fastest for weapons but again that's with a buddy. However Adaro is used for levelling any frame and it's not leeching. You take a buddy, you level your frame with their help, then you become the buddy. You both spend the same amount of time levelling your frame and helping the other person level theirs. In what world is that leeching lol.

P.S. find a new gif, you're turning into a broken record.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

If it's a clan mate or friend, it's not leeching. It's no different to the optimal frame levelling strat of having a mate Sleepquinox on Adaro for you to melee them all. A typical setting in my clan when a new frame is released is to put about 5 forma on the frame and that means running 10 times on Adaro with a buddy, 5 times as the Sleepquinox and 5 times as the benefactor. 

I know, mate. I've heard probably hundreds of reasons why it's justifiable, and all of them make sense. So you're absolutely not wrong. In the matter of act, i also done that with my small group of friends.

The reason why i wrote that reply is because although very cool of you to do it with your squadmates, but you also just suggested it to random person, on a random thread, that'll probably try it with random squads.

Maybe i just want to remind OP that although majority of warframe players will allow it, there are also players like me who'll view it differently. Hopefully it'll make OP be more wise when trying it.

Again, it's just my personal stance. 

Edited by Soy77
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Soy77 said:

I know, mate. I've heard probably hundreds of reasons why it's justifiable, and all of them make sense. So you're absolutely not wrong. In the matter of act, i also done that with my small group of friends.

The reason why i wrote that reply is because although very cool of you to do it with your squadmates, but you also just suggested it to random person, on a random thread, that'll probably try it with random squads.

Maybe i just want to remind OP that although majority of warframe players will allow it, there are also players like me who'll view it differently. Hopefully it'll make OP be more wise when trying it.

Again, it's just my personal stance. 

Hey that's fine, I did suggest that they use a mate not a public squad for that reason. For my mind leeching is like the twits in Hydron that afk the whole thing in public squads etc not clan mates helping each other but each to their own. As for the other muppet that replied to have a go at me, that person seems to like going after me so pay them no heed.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Oh it's you again with your silly gif to try and make yourself look cool. Considering that we all take turns in being the one to carry, no it's not leeching. It would only be leeching if we didn't take turns. We only really used the Sharkwing levelling for the actual Archwing not the weapon, the old Thumper tactic on Salacia is probably fastest for weapons but again that's with a buddy. However Adaro is used for levelling any frame and it's not leeching. You take a buddy, you level your frame with their help, then you become the buddy. You both spend the same amount of time levelling your frame and helping the other person level theirs. In what world is that leeching lol.

P.S. find a new gif, you're turning into a broken record.

youtube no GIF by Hyper RPG

Sorry but this Muppet thinks you are wrong in your bashing of my cute gifs and in giving bad gaming "strategy".  Just because you take turns at being lazy, doesn't make it OK.  Just do the grind like everyone else does by killing stuff and the the magic will happen! It is the End of Days if your "strat" is the moral compass that we as players should uphold as a proper method for affinity gain.  Is it too much to ask to just , call me crazy, maybe just tell him to play the game at a node that is optimal for actually playing the game like it was intended.  Belittle me all you want if it makes you feel empowered, but my gifs are still Adorbs! Have a pleasant day!

10 hours ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

youtube no GIF by Hyper RPG

Sorry but this Muppet thinks you are wrong in your bashing of my cute gifs and in giving bad gaming "strategy".  Just because you take turns at being lazy, doesn't make it OK.  Just do the grind like everyone else does by killing stuff and the the magic will happen! It is the End of Days if your "strat" is the moral compass that we as players should uphold as a proper method for affinity gain.  Is it too much to ask to just , call me crazy, maybe just tell him to play the game at a node that is optimal for actually playing the game like it was intended.  Belittle me all you want if it makes you feel empowered, but my gifs are still Adorbs! Have a pleasant day!

Perhaps it's the fact you seem to always go after me that makes me not give a toss about what you think or your silly gifs. Did you ever consider that? As you remarked earlier I have a lot of hours in the game and I was once super competitive as well. Your suggestion is akin to saying "don't use boosters or loot frames when you go farm stuff because that's lazy". Warframe is about efficiency if you wish to be decent at it. The same can be said for most grinding sims out there. Given that for any new frame I'm putting 5-7 forma on it, I'm damned if I'm going to choose a slower method of levelling it up when I can take 3.5 mins per forma with a buddy. 

The player asked for the best ways to level it, saying that he should just go to a node that is optimal wouldn't be an honest answer now would it.

If you want to blame anyone, then blame the way DE have made affinity gains work because that's the core problem and always has been. 

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 7

24 minutes ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

It is the End of Days if your "strat" is the moral compass that we as players should uphold as a proper method for affinity gain.  Is it too much to ask to just , call me crazy,

He's giving a strategy where team mates assist each other willingly.  I can understand overlooking that at first, but certainly not after he explained.   It's questionable to me whether morality is involved in any case, but certainly not when it's all consensual.

So yeah, I don't know if you're crazy, but your replies in this thread are a little... angry bbc two GIF by BBC 

• Like 5

On 2020-04-04 at 5:24 AM, shann_cs said:

I just built some archwing weapons and want to level them up.. mostly for mastery.

What is the fastest way to do that? Which archwing missions? Or railjack?

If you have the plat to spare, archguns can be leveled super fast when used at hydron, granted that you need at least 40pl to spare on the gravimag and the catalyst. Outside of that, as others told, mobile defense and uranus survival are also excelent ones, the mobile defense its REALLY good if you have a friend that can nuke the enemies with odonata's or itzal's ult so you get more exp and can level up both archguns and archmelee.

Also, its always better to have o thers do the killing when leveling weapons because the game always takes 75% of affinity from weapon kills and give it to frame/archwing, even if said gear its maxed, while having others killing gives you affinity split on equal parts for all the gear.

The game its not well designed on that regards and it encourages AFK as the best way to level up weapons...

• Like 1

On 2021-03-14 at 12:18 PM, Soy77 said:

Leeching is when someone joins a squad and does nothing at all, hides and takes no action. when a high lvl dps offers to help it's not leeching, they don't say sit back they say stay in range so while they release big attacks others should be cleaning up if being assisted which is not leeching,.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)MerlinWolf7309 said:

Leeching is when someone joins a squad and does nothing at all, hides and takes no action. when a high lvl dps offers to help it's not leeching,

You're merely describing leeching with consent vs leeching without consent. And of course the latter is the worse form of leeching, no sh*t sherlock. That's why sex with consent is called making love, vs sex without consent is called rape and is punishable crime.

And as I've said to zilchy, i have no problem with people who have consent. He ambiguously typed "mate" in his first post, so i made that reply because I don't want to see people leech off random squadmates. But he did clarified that he meant actual mates that you know. Me and him is already cool.

Cuz i have friends too, when i go with my best buddies we'll say "no prob just leech off me bro". It's still called leeching, only with consent.

Idk why you have to nekro a 3 months old thread just to argue with me, about an issue that has been sorted out. So whatever, dude. Knock yourself out.

Edited by Soy77

7 hours ago, Soy77 said:

You're merely describing leeching with consent vs leeching without consent. And of course the latter is the worse form of leeching, no sh*t sherlock. That's why sex with consent is called making love, vs sex without consent is called rape and is punishable crime.

And as I've said to zilchy, i have no problem with people who have consent. He ambiguously typed "mate" in his first post, so i made that reply because I don't want to see people leech off random squadmates. But he did clarified that he meant actual mates that you know. Me and him is already cool.

Cuz i have friends too, when i go with my best buddies we'll say "no prob just leech off me bro". It's still called leeching, only with consent.

Idk why you have to nekro a 3 months old thread just to argue with me, about an issue that has been sorted out. So whatever, dude. Knock yourself out.

You obviously didn't read what I said clearly, leeching is doing nothing, it's not leeching having a main support and still making action! 

8 hours ago, (XBOX)MerlinWolf7309 said:

You obviously didn't read what I said clearly, leeching is doing nothing, it's not leeching having a main support and still making action! 

You obviously didn't read what I said clearly, you nekro a 3 months old thread, butting in on a conversation i had with someone else, which has been sorted out.

and did it only to go down on technicalities of leeching description. A limbo can actively play, go in & out of limbo to collect drops, not afk, he's still leeching. A trinity can cast blessing which counts as contributions, but if she only do it every 15 minutes, I'll still call it leeching.

So add more details to your descriptions to finally reach the ideal condition where leeching can be justified. because i already stated that such condition do exist, and I'm not against it. Feel free to talk to yourself, knock yourself out, just don't quote me. 

Edited by Soy77