Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Weapons and 5 Forma.

3NVY5W0RD

I didn't know about you guys, but to me personally. I didn't even touch Weapon with leveling system like Paracecis that have this gimmick of 5 Forma for extra 10 levels when it comes out. At first it might look like a a nice thing to have and i didn't even mind if Paracecis is the only with that mechanic. But someone at DE think this is a good idea and proceed to implement it to Kuva Weapons. And sooner you realize each forma gave you Mastery points thus make it like a Mandatory for us to Forma this things up. Each Forma take 23 hours to craft which mean almost 4.5 days per Weapon not to mention the grind to get the Forma Blueprint and to level up the weapons themselves 5 time that is. I didn't think i will ever touch this abomination soon. Let me hear your thought on this. Maybe you okay with it or you have your own opinion about it. Lets start a conversation.

• Like 4

It's tedious is all I can say. With few exceptions of weapons that I found worthy and I would have forma-ed 5 times anyway, it was a pain carrying around something I was not really interested in just for the sake of mastery rank points. I suppose I could ignore levelling such items all the way to 40, but I feel like I am a completionist when it comes to such things.

I think DE sees how many forma some people have laying around in their inventories and wanted to make some of those disappear rather quickly. Or of course, for the players that don't have any, create some demand for forma that can be sated quickly only through platinum.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

I didn't know about you guys, but to me personally. I didn't even touch Weapon with leveling system like Paracecis that have this gimmick of 5 Forma for extra 10 levels when it comes out. At first it might look like a a nice thing to have and i didn't even mind if Paracecis is the only with that mechanic. But someone at DE think this is a good idea and proceed to implement it to Kuva Weapons. And sooner you realize each forma gave you Mastery points thus make it like a Mandatory for us to Forma this things up. Each Forma take 23 hours to craft which mean almost 4.5 days per Weapon not to mention the grind to get the Forma Blueprint and to level up the weapons themselves 5 time that is. I didn't think i will ever touch this abomination soon. Let me hear your thought on this. Maybe you okay with it or you have your own opinion about it. Lets start a conversation.

Its not even close to mandatory to forma those wapons 5 times for MR. those weapons give 3/4 of XP at the regular rank 30 and usually will fit everithing with just 3 formas. at that point you got 3600/4000 xp

Paracesis at least has an increasing passive bonus that makes it much more worth formaing it 5 times, if you want to use it for its actual unique purpose.

Kuva weapons, are actually great because need an average of 2 less forma on a weapon to have them fully modded. If you want to forma it an extra time just for 200xp is up to you, you decide if its worth it because after the 3rd forma that's all you get.

My only real complaint for kuva weapon is the randomness, and that they are locked behind one of the most boring system in the damn game. The grind is fine if we consider that most of them are between the top weapons in the game, but being that boring is never fine.

Edited by JohnKable
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

not to mention the grind to get the Forma Blueprint and to level up the weapons themselves 5 time that is.

And that's where you lost me.
What grind to get forma?
What grind to rank up the weapons?

Are we even playing the same game? óÒ

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

And that's where you lost me.
What grind to get forma?
What grind to rank up the weapons?

Are we even playing the same game? óÒ

Opening Relic for that Forma Blueprint

Sedna>Hydron Exp farm. 

Sounds Waframe enough.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

So you admit that it's easy as hell to get forma and to rank up weapons.
So again, what grind? óÒ

I didn't know whether or not you are White-knighting here or just being sarcastic. But look, those thing take time.  Im not amongst those player who had all time in the world because being such a weekend warrior myself nor I have the luxuries of those with almost permanent Affinities booster from prime accesses. Try to look from below not always from the top once in a while. 

Edited by 3NVY5W0RD
typo
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

The kuva lich weapons mastery locks is one of my biggest reasons not to do liches, I want to but its just too much work. In response to their system I made a suggestion for it. Here 

All i can say, its a solid suggestion, Detonite Ampule could really work here. Hell It even works on other Non-Lich weapon i must say. Good Idea bro. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

And sooner you realize each forma gave you Mastery points thus make it like a Mandatory for us to Forma this things up.

Well it is not mandatory if you don't give attention to the useless mr above 16.
If you are that kind of person tho, good luck on your forma.

If you don't consider the mr-sh1t actually I love this system, because most builds that normally take 4-5 forma with this take 2 or 3 max and you have a full build with an exilus.

You just took the words out from my mouth. That what exactly what Im trying to convey here. Pftt, what next? Corpus Lich, give me a break damnit. But sadly as you said, 

45 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

But sadly we're at the same point as with literally everything else in the game: a couple people did it without thinking about it, and to "respect" those, they won't change it. 

Same goes with Riven Mods situation tbh. The Amount of White-Knighting is too much to the point of its literally killing a game with slow death. How, its the people like this who makes DE delusional about the current state of Warframe. You guys are pandemic to the game. Well while we are speaking here right now, there some of those kind of people in this very thread we are in at the moment, You-know-who. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, tzadquiel said:

all those KuVa WeaPonS foRma hUnGRy complaints are idiotic. you need two formas to have kuva weapons fit all your mods. 
if you decided to chase mastery, that is exclusively on you.

But..but..but most of content is gated behind Mastery Wall. That Fissure cap, that daily Trade Limit, that Loadout Slots, that Daily Standing Cap, that Riven MR cap, That post-Forma mod capacity, that bonus Stats for Warframe, yeah I oNly IdIotic To ChAsE ThOsE MR wHat A ScRuB i aM.

• Like 2

btw the mastery system is so wrong, it doesn't represent nothing except how many sh1t weapons you leveled
I hate when I revive some mr28-29 for the 10th time in ss or he dies in arbie and whines on the forums after.

I would like it more when everything you do is represented - you level your syndicates, do more missions with speed or without triggering alarms or something, you gain some, you die too much, you loose some, you help with aspects of a mission or something, you gain, you afk too much, you loose mr points.

4 minutes ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

But..but..but most of content is gated behind Mastery Wall. 

mr "wall" for most things is 16, above that is for "flexing"

3 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

mr "wall" for most things is 16, above that is for "flexing"

While I agree for Weapons and Rivens. Have you not read the rest? All of this have significant effect on player on both playability and Plats farming?

That Fissure cap, that daily Trade Limit, that Loadout Slots, that Daily Standing Cap, that Riven MR cap, That post-Forma mod capacity, that bonus Stats for Warframe

• Like 2

Yup. Not a fan. Took my pile of 63 Formas I got from the last Plague Star all the way down to 8, pretty much putting all my other Forma uses into suspended animation. It was also tiring and grindy as Hell for 200 Mastery points at a time. Glad I was finally done with it.

Simple fix: 1 Forma unlocks all 10 extra ranks. Bam.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

The increased trade limit you clearly aren't taking advantage of in order to just get Forma Bundles.

Ohh...... The infamous Forma Bundles. The Bundles that make you waste 5 plat for 3 Forma when individually Crafted Forma only take 10p. And while we at this topic, may i ask, Since when Warframe turn into Pay 2 Win? Yeah granted im not the one who pay for the plat but someone else did buy the plat in order for him to trade for goods.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

That Fissure cap, that daily Trade Limit, that Loadout Slots, that Daily Standing Cap, that Riven MR cap, That post-Forma mod capacity

I know of those things, but they are not essential - the only thing you can take a "hit" with is the daily trading, but not so big imo.
I had enough fissure traces to upgrade the radiants needed at mr16 and now.ESO gives enough radiants to "waste" if you don't have some specific item you are farming.
The loadout slots can be bought with plat.Daily standing is not important for anything else than focus and if you have not maxed your schools to mr20-24...you are not playing the game, you are leveling weapons for mr.Also there are eidolons that ignore the daily cap for focus.
The riven mr cap was 16 the last time I checked, now it could be 17 but...it's not 29.
The post-forma capacity...If you know how and where to level you level a frame/weapon from 0 to 30 in a mission so that's bs.
Also if you don't have all the frames and most weapons you want till mr20-29...you are not playing right.

13 minutes ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

that bonus Stats for Warframe

What?

tl;dr if you are not flexing you can stay in mr5 indefinitely and still do way more than any mr29 if you have the mods and knowledge 

Edited by vegetosayajin

21 minutes ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

Ohh...... The infamous Forma Bundles. The Bundles that make you waste 5 plat for 3 Forma when individually Crafted Forma only take 10p. And while we at this topic, may i ask, Since when Warframe turn into Pay 2 Win? Yeah granted im not the one who pay for the plat but someone else did buy the plat in order for him to trade for goods.

5 plat is just a convenience fee, given the whole "want it now" thing. The market stuff generally costs a little more than getting it yourself, that's pretty much the point of it, a plat sink in exchange for saving time.

Warframe has been pay to win to a degree, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that, it just matters to what degree. I'm not sure why you would only consider this in regards to formas; Catalysts/Reactors aren't exactly common enough to really earn without just buying them off the market. Even one method of getting them, Nightwave Credits, it isn't really worth spending the Credits on them; newer players would be stuck using it on Nitain/Auras/Gear, and 20 plat is easier to get compared to ~15k Kuva, unless you don't care for Kuva, and even then, some of the Auras easily sell for ~15-20 plat at times and an aura is 20 credits vs 75 for a reactor or catalyst.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

I know of those things, but they are not essential - the only thing you can take a "hit" with is the daily trading, but not so big imo.

First of all before i start let me say that...... Plat  =  Time

Trading limit is not so big? So ability to earn plat is "not so big" apparently when the game is subtly shove in your face to spent plat in any chance possible to skip the grind which is already sucks to begin with which again led people with less time like me, a weekend warrior, to farm and spend plat. 

20 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

I had enough fissure traces to upgrade the radiants needed at mr16 and now.ESO gives enough radiants to "waste" if you don't have some specific item you are farming.

Your personal experience doesn't equalize to the rest of registered losers here, and people like me DO have a specific item to farm. Those radiants Waste didn't give that Specifics.

25 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

The loadout slots can be bought with plat.Daily standing is not important for anything else than focus and if you have not maxed your schools to mr20-24...you are not playing the

Bought all of loadout, plus the MR Loadout still havent enough to give each Warframe a Loadout slots when the game have Zilions of Weapon/Warframe/Companion. If that doesn't equal to QOL i didnt know what is. Maybe you amongst those slowpoke who handpick loadout for each Sessions and Yes Daily Standing is important especially when trying to sell those Syndicate weapons and Mods which = More Plat. Its not a rocket science. 

31 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

The post-forma capacity...If you know how and where to level you level a frame/weapon from 0 to 30 in a mission so that's bs.

Reality check bro, Having some capacity to equip some of the mods is better than just bringing a naked Frame/Weapons with unranked 0. Don't assume im a newbie in this game. I just ESO that shyt with Nukers. 

35 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

Also if you don't have all the frames and most weapons you want till mr20-29...you are not playing right.

How to play it right then, teach me bro, dying to know how to properly play this game.

36 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

tl;dr if you are not flexing you can stay in mr5 indefinitely and still do way more than any mr29 if you have the mods and knowledge 

Hahaha that what i call BS. It would be plausible if you said MR16. 

• Like 1

never found it to be a game breaker. sure, a couple of weapons are a slog to level (looking at you, Kuva Kraken) and it does eat up Forma, but it was never something that put me off playing the game totally. if anything I just wanted to hit level 40 on each weapon more, so i could see it's potential, and then move on to the next weapon. some were a joy to level, Chakkhurr and Ayanga were really fun and I still use them now.

thing is, now that so many people have gone through each of the Kuva weapons, they won't change it, just like they won't change The Hema. sucks for anyone yet to get the weapons if they are struggling with Forma, but there you go.

• Like 1