Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo 2.0: When? Why? How?

MollAgdeduba

Well... years are passing, but dojo is still old and untouched. People who are builder know that we really need a dojo 2.0

When? Is the question i ask to DE, cause everyone like when DE create new content, but also old content need maintenance and upgrade. Dojo is one of that content forgotten for a long time.

Why? This question has a simple answer: Game is evolving but dojo is still the same of years ago with just few update (new room and some new decoration)

How? This is the best question: there are a lot of things that could be changed and upgraded in dojo. I try to make a simple list of things i like to see for my dojo:

-) Interaction: Actually the interaction with the dojo is really low. Excluding Railjack you enter in dojo just for make a fast trade or to buy a weapon from a laboratories. All is done in 20 seconds. Why don't make people directly spawn in dojo? And why don't make the actual orbiter the "personal room" a lot of people are asking for in dojo? So you can merge the 2 things.

-) Personalization: Change skybox, room template (like a skin), more colors 

-) Set reworked: The wall, the floor, the room. All of them look old. Excpt for the new crimson branch and the railjack room, all the other room look old. Rework the set for be more similar to our orbiter, like a "tenno style" should be.

-) Room: More room. Bigger, Smaller, with stairs, with more level, with more door. We need better personalization for room in term of door organization! New thematic room and the famous "personal room" (i heard of this room since dojo was created) that could be simple our orbiter, mixed with dojo.

-) Decoration: New decoration. A lot of new decoration. Based not on "grineer, corpus, infested, etc..." but based on map set like "Earth, Venus, Kuva, Jupiter, etc..." the game has houndred of deco and we can use relly a few.

-) Better Mechanics: Dojo planner is an example, for change the room disposition without destroy all the dojo. Remove the order for the hallway and the number of time u can create them. Change the way used for destroy a room. Change the invisible wall where you can't build in some room (near door and console) but i'm thinking about railjack room. In railjack room decoration near the big wall is impossible. 

• Like 7

When railjack was announced I was kinda hoping for railjack to become your new orbiter. But that wasn't the case it was just getting attached with a massive tube to your small little orbiter still looks silly to this day. Automatically spawning into your Dojo would be nice tho It needs a toggle since not everyone would want that. Definetly dojo planner, moving rooms around in your dojo is such a struggle right now, Why do we need to wait 2 hours to ''destroy'' a room and then rebuild it which takes 12-24 hours just to ''move'' a room, Why isn't there a option that lets you move a room without destroying it and it not taking possibly up to 26 hours to do.

A dojo rework would definetly be a nice thing to see, tho I'd imagine it's quite the massive job.

• Like 6

16 минут назад, Ineradicable сказал:

Why do we need to wait 2 hours to ''destroy'' a room and then rebuild it which takes 12-24 hours just to ''move'' a room, Why isn't there a option that lets you move a room without destroying it and it not taking possibly up to 26 hours to do.

To avoid trolling, a pissed clan member could destroy half a dojo just because.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

And without that time-gating, you could just as easily rebuild that destroyed half in no time. The time-gate is a pain to work around; I've had to reconstruct a dojo before, it isn't fun. For the sake of convenience & respecting the time players spend on this game, I pray that they do consider lifting this restriction. Leave matters of internal clan strife to the actual clan members.

• Like 1

my main problem is that you're basically fighting with the decorator when placing stuff in a room: I don't decorate often, but when they added Sentient Decorations, I just HAD to make my Temple of Tau: I got it done, but it took longer than I wanted simply because the Decorator has a mind of it's own when it comes to surface placement (and WHY is there not a Mirroring function when you're trying to make stuff symmetrical?).

as with so many things in Warframe, the foundation is there, but the system really needs more work. 

• Like 2

31 минуту назад, (PS4)IndianChiefJeff сказал:

And without that time-gating, you could just as easily rebuild that destroyed half in no time. 

Rooms - yes, decorations were a pain to place. Especially when your dojo was built with aesthetics in mind. 

Lesson of the day was: either don't irritate your decorator or do everything yourself.

We already have dojo 2.0.

Dojo couldn't be better because clans is solo friendly content. Clans and Alliances is dead for many years (dead since deleting Dark Sectors). It is a disaster that players dont have reasons to cooperate with each other in coop game. Feels very sad.

Edited by ---UMBRA---
  • Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Ineradicable:

When railjack was announced I was kinda hoping for railjack to become your new orbiter. But that wasn't the case it was just getting attached with a massive tube to your small little orbiter still looks silly to this day. Automatically spawning into your Dojo would be nice tho It needs a toggle since not everyone would want that. Definetly dojo planner, moving rooms around in your dojo is such a struggle right now, Why do we need to wait 2 hours to ''destroy'' a room and then rebuild it which takes 12-24 hours just to ''move'' a room, Why isn't there a option that lets you move a room without destroying it and it not taking possibly up to 26 hours to do.

A dojo rework would definetly be a nice thing to see, tho I'd imagine it's quite the massive job.

Consider that most would be not happy if there Orbiter they decorated just be repaced suddenly and or havign to choose.

Also that Railjack with decorations would make things unstalbe or having to keep deactivating decorations in and out when you enter the Dojo aswell or so, putting pressure on the already loading times and bugs often.

At best for Orbiter i say it should conncet with a real room instead of this tube thing. Overall i doubt it ever gets replaced now, all the coding for the consoles in it the rooms for it, Helmiths room you need ot put somewehre in the Railjack for the Cyst, the Incubators, your perosnal Quarters with the Quests, etc.

Sure why not... I personally wouldn't mind seeing these show up in a Dojo 2.0: 

1. Currently I'd say they need a floor planner so you can move it all around without the frustrations of destroying rooms in a certain order and the time gates after the fact of building it initially.

2. Personally I'd like to see them offer a larger starting hall with multiple doors so the solo player or the owner of a dead clan can reduce their dojo down to a singular use for trading, research and the Hangar. They could always expand later if needed.

3. I'd like to see DE offer a Clan Symbol editor where players can make a emblem using provided art. DE could always sell additional symbols and art assets.

4. I would give the latest Obstacle course all the PVP/Lunaro assets and a UI menu that allows the clan to create their own custom PVP matches to see what the community could create,

5. I would add an event room where enemies can attack and the clan owner can place in prizes or rewards into a drop table if the clan defends the objective.

6. Lastly I would add a NPC bazaar room where differing factions and characters you've interacted will inhabit from time to time with scripted mission choices the Clan leader can assign for clan events out in the star chart like Hema farming or helping newer members with clearing the star chart to Axi relic farms. Let alone all the dogs and cats you've flushed out the airlock showing up... to your converted Kuva Lichs talking with the other NPCs. ( never gonna happen...but since we're sharing )

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, PurrrningBoop said:

Honestly they could just implement some way to log that and when it happens you could report the player and the player could for example be banned from clan access for awhile. But that situation barely happens and if it does well the leader should be more careful with permissions too. We shouldn't have to suffer with a horrible system just because that one in 10,000 people completely destroys a dojo for giggles.

Edited by Ineradicable

4 hours ago, MollAgdeduba said:

-) Personalization: Change skybox, room template (like a skin), more colors

I would love if there were more themes for dojos and not just Tenno. Entire dojo structure skins with different themes. Currently you can decorate your rooms with themes like Orokin, Infested, Corpus, Sentient or Grineer, but the base one is still Tenno. Your walls, your floor, the pillars, doors, everything is Tenno, and clashes with the decorations.

Something else that would be really nice is modular rooms. I know this would take a lot of work, but it would be a huge improvement in the dojo system. Let us build our rooms from scratch. Let us pick if we want windows or not (and what kind of window), if we want doors or how many, and where to place them. What floor, wall and ceiling texture.
They let us have empty big rooms (sadly, limited to 3 per dojo) and they're making a new room for exterior decorators to have fun without having to glitch the game. They're definitely steps in the right direction, but more options would be really good. One can only dream.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Consider that most would be not happy if there Orbiter they decorated just be repaced suddenly and or havign to choose.

[...]

Orbiter will not be replaced. It will stay like now but will be connected to the dojo, without losing decoration or customization; here a topic to go deep in this idea:

The rooms feels old, the customisation of the dojo is lame ( few colors on few elements , some fog and lights is kinda lazy )
Themed decorations are also lazy , the proposed assets is ridiculous and some of them are just broken , just like the decoration system itself

• 1 month later...
Le 06/05/2020 à 12:47, MollAgdeduba a dit :

Better Mechanics: Dojo planner is an example, for change the room disposition without destroy all the dojo.

We need this. Definitely up. I would like to correct the design mistakes I made long ago...

• Like 1

On 2020-05-06 at 5:54 AM, Ineradicable said:

Agreed. And for some odd reason I haven't done any RJ mission with my ship. I always just join public teams. They really failed with RJ

34 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Agreed. And for some odd reason I haven't done any RJ mission with my ship. I always just join public teams. They really failed with RJ

That's not really a dojo issue though...You can actually enter your RJ from your orbiter.

That said, some coherence and transparency on the matter would be nifty as the Liset or etc, was supposed to dock with your orbiter (the first set of doors) which now supposedly connects to your railjack.

For my part, I am with @Ineradicable in that I want to be able to move stuff around without destroying it (or deal with those wait times ) now as the addition of the dry dock has made stuff confusing.

I would dig a dojo that had:

• The observatory overlooking the drydock
  • The drydock as the main entry to the whole dojo where I can see my Liset parked.
  • Room that branch off from there.
  • Capacity not being tied to the halls

Mine is a hot mess right now and I don't have the patience necessary to spend time trying to fix it all.

Dojo rooms should be more like sections of a relay, more verticality, more doors, more interesting places and transitions. Special rooms should be replaced by nodes/systems - biolab systems, barracks systems level 1, 2, 3, 4, that you can place in the room of your choise (or multiple systems in one room) and decorate it how you want. Life support systems level 1, 2, 3, 4 instead of building multiple clan halls. More windows/illuminators. Garden/flower islands, pools and water planes instead of dedicated garden rooms. Detach obstacle course from a special room and allow us to place start - checkpoint - finish nodes around decoration pieces, edges and walls of the dojo - make entire dojo a playground and allow us to commit weekly rewards from our inventory to fastest tennos so that people are motivated to visit dojos. Replace connectors with general purpose hallways. We need NPC decorations to represent service personell. Decorator needs a total rework because some modular sets are just unusable.

• Like 2

I would really like an Orbiter Dock myself. If not to toggle where we spawn just to feel more at home in the Dojo itself. Being able to go to and from the Dojo without the nav chart would be great. It doesn't even have to be akin to the dry dock, it could just be a room with an airlock door you can activate to lead to the Orbiter.

Yeah as someone who enjoys decorationg the dojo I agree, there needs to be more stuff done about it. It's nice that we are getting more faction type decorations but we need more interactive stuff. Like for example the spy mission data consoles from both factions, have 3 toggle states on them; on / deletion mode / off.

Also NPC's, that's such a highly requested and much needed addition to make dojo's feel more alive. For start it would be nice to have atleast a basic selection of various NPC's and access to various animations that are present in the game already, then eventually it could be expanded so that we are able to customize NPC's visually similar to how we do with our frames, color, armor and syandanas. Hell even ability for them to act like vendors and sell stuff that can be found in the market.

Edited by (PS4)reddragonhrcro