Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack - Isn't Tether a bit .. OP?

Vit0Corleone

You can only have 1 tether active (not sure if you can have 3 from pilot + 2 gunner) and only up to 8 fighters locked down, not to mention the tether flies rather wild to the point I have to shoot it at an asteroid to anchor the tether to make it reliable

Worse, enemy/ally can fire at it and blow up the tether, ending it prematurely (can't remember how many times I want to lock down some fighters only to see it blow up in less than 2 seconds) and you hardly deal any damage if tethered enemies are not close enough from the explosion

Strong? Yes. OP? Questionable when you have other avionics like particle ram or void hole

Guys, Vit0Corleone is a troll / poop disturber. Here he is doing the same thing he's doing here ("I'm not saying it should be nerfed, I'm just asking the question!!" bs) to seeker volley right before it got nerfed to the ground:

On 2020-05-04 at 9:52 PM, Vit0Corleone said:

Am I the only one who thinks that a common avionic that drops on easiest missions on starter Earth planet shouldn't be able, by itself, to basically nuke the hardest missions in the game?

( no, I'm not calling for a nerf, but this doesn't feel right 😛 )

Feel free to ignore him. I'd actually have more respect for him if he actually just came out and called for nerfs, rather than JAQing off:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Just_asking_questions

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CerealPlayer said:

Guys, Vit0Corleone is a troll / poop disturber. Here he is doing the same thing he's doing here ("I'm not saying it should be nerfed, I'm just asking the question!!" bs) to seeker volley right before it got nerfed to the ground:

Feel free to ignore him. I'd actually have more respect for him if he actually just came out and called for nerfs, rather than JAQing off:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Just_asking_questions

I'm a troll for pointing out things that don't feel right to me?

Why would I even care about trying to get things nerfed. Seriously, think about that for a moment.

Actually, scratch that, I do care about enemies being nerfed, but that's a different topic.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Why would I even care about trying to get things nerfed. Seriously, think about that for a moment.

I don't know. Why do you? Why did you call for nerfs for two different battle avionics in almost as many days?

Edited by CerealPlayer
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It melts everything up to lvl37-40.

Technically I wouldn't mind, but it really limits the action economy. Most ships I join currently only need 3 people: pilot, forge, tunguska. The fourth person is actively discouraged to do anything other than objective boarding (if there is one). Archwing is pointless and splits up fighter spawns. Firing the side turret can mess with the tether orbs, and just annoys the pilot.

When the 3 main spots are taken and there is nothing to board, the 4th person just twiddles its thumbs.

Never used it...I saw it last night and not really impressed...To be honest the Veil has been so nerfed that it feels like earth...which doesn't bother me at all because DE nerfed the rate of exo-riders showing up so even if I am powerful, I'm just spinning my wheels killing time in four missions instead of one or two due to seeing maybe one chance floating around where ten to eleven of them would be roaming about...

So even if Void Hole or Tether is OP...it really doesn't matter beyond the normal forum formula of pick something popular and say nerf it and get the endorphin rush of numbers showing up in your inbox.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

On 2020-05-07 at 5:32 PM, Vit0Corleone said:

It's not about speeding up the fight, it's about not actively playing.

And I'm not sure why are you mad. Maybe you missed the part where I'm not asking for nerfs or whatnot, and just asking out of curiosity how people feel about this?

Forward artillery has always been able to one shot crew ships since Railjack first released. Even if on the hardest nodes you would have to first debuff with your cannons. This is basically doing what it's supposed to do ( considering it's a BFG ). In fact, one could argue that a BFG that on a Tennocon demo was able to destroy a capital ship, should be able to one shot a crew ship always 🙂

I use Tether solo and I have to use the Forge quite a bit to make more Flux. Is that considered not playing?

Also Tether only holds up to a maximum number of ships (8?). When you have to kill upwards of 90, I don't see any problem with Tether.

On 2020-05-07 at 9:21 PM, Vit0Corleone said:

I know, unpopular opinion.

And I don't want to ruin anyone's game play, but siting in one place barely doing nothing and killing everything seems a bit too much?

I mean, what's even the point of build up your Railjack when you can do this with a bare bones setup with Tether that you can get in early Saturn, or buy for 20p, not even moving?

Not saying that things like this shouldn't exist, we have them on the game ofc, but typically involves some kind of active game play. This seems the typical press 4 to win.

All those fighters might as well not exist, as they aren't really doing anything there.

* hides under the table from the angry mob *

It's a weired one, I agree Tether feels very powerful in solo play, however it still wont kill groups of enemies outright on the last 1 or 2 nodes on the veil and its next to worthless in co-OP without an organized team. At leas that has been my experience

4 hours ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

It's a weired one, I agree Tether feels very powerful in solo play, however it still wont kill groups of enemies outright on the last 1 or 2 nodes on the veil and its next to worthless in co-OP without an organized team. At leas that has been my experience

Thing is, why would anyone farm those last 2 nodes in the veil? Gian Point is the best intrinsics farming node and all fighters get 1shot by Tether there and crewships get 1shot by artillery with damage avionic without having to aim for engines. Besides intrinsics farming, there isn't much to farm on different nodes except the commanders and maybe more spawns of specific elite fighters that are irrelevant, because every mission is basically the same, except for the anomaly.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

Thing is, why would anyone farm those last 2 nodes in the veil? Gian Point is the best intrinsics farming node and all fighters get 1shot by Tether there and crewships get 1shot by artillery with damage avionic without having to aim for engines. Besides intrinsics farming, there isn't much to farm on different nodes except the commanders and maybe more spawns of specific elite fighters that are irrelevant, because every mission is basically the same, except for the anomaly.

Zekti parts, Gian Point drops Vidar and Lavan 90% of the time, if you want Zekti parts you need to farm outside of Gian Point unfortunately 

1 minute ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

Zekti parts, Gian Point drops Vidar and Lavan 90% of the time, if you want Zekti parts you need to farm outside of Gian Point unfortunately 

You don't need Zekti parts though. That seems like a waste of farming time just for the sake of having something that's irrelevant. The only relevant Zekti piece I found was reactor when you level it with valence because with the RJ revised avionics change, you can fit your build on a lower capacity reactor and get the perk of having more flux energy, but having more flux energy in itself is also pointless because a vidar one has enough flux capacity to clear an entire mission.
It might just be me (until they add more content to RJ), but every mission in the veil is the same and if you're running for efficiency, you shouldn't go for Zekti or other nodes farming, and if you just run railjack for the fun of it, then you probably are not worried about all of this "best" battle avionic efficiency thing.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

You don't need Zekti parts though. That seems like a waste of farming time just for the sake of having something that's irrelevant. The only relevant Zekti piece I found was reactor when you level it with valence because with the RJ revised avionics change, you can fit your build on a lower capacity reactor and get the perk of having more flux energy, but having more flux energy in itself is also pointless because a vidar one has enough flux capacity to clear an entire mission.
It might just be me (until they add more content to RJ), but every mission in the veil is the same and if you're running for efficiency, you shouldn't go for Zekti or other nodes farming, and if you just run railjack for the fun of it, then you probably are not worried about all of this "best" battle avionic efficiency thing.

By Zekti parts I'm also referring to the weapons, the drop rate of zekti weapons seems to be very low in Gian Point. I agree however that for everything else (in terms of farming) Gian point is much better but if you want a zekti weponary.

And just to mention zekti shields are the best in class because they offer the fastest recharge delay which is the most important stat for shields though funnily enough that seems to be one of the only zekti parts that has dropped for me on Gian point 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

By Zekti parts I'm also referring to the weapons, the drop rate of zekti weapons seems to be very low in Gian Point. I agree however that for everything else (in terms of farming) Gian point is much better but if you want a zekti weponary.

And just to mention zekti shields are the best in class because they offer the fastest recharge delay which is the most important stat for shields though funnily enough that seems to be one of the only zekti parts that has dropped for me on Gian point 

Just assuming we're talking about efficiency here, we don't even need Zekti weapons either. In fact, you don't need any weapon at all. You just need a fast firing pilot turret to trigger Tether's explosion, and the default base Apoc works very well for that. Same thing goes for the shields. With 6k hull and some armor, you can just tank damage and depleted shields are irrelevant, using Lavan array is more than enough.

It's good that there are different options for people, but I feel like it's all irrelevant when there is only one type of railjack mission, exterminate. It's like min-maxing a super scaling weapon that will help you kill long endurance mission enemies but only being able to stay long enough that enemies don't get to scale that high so any other weapon without as many formas or best mods still do the same. Those different weapons at least change your gameplay and the way you have fun, but railjack is always the same, the only difference it's how long it takes.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

Just assuming we're talking about efficiency here, we don't even need Zekti weapons either. In fact, you don't need any weapon at all. You just need a fast firing pilot turret to trigger Tether's explosion, and the default base Apoc works very well for that. Same thing goes for the shields. With 6k hull and some armor, you can just tank damage and depleted shields are irrelevant, using Lavan array is more than enough.

It's good that there are different options for people, but I feel like it's all irrelevant when there is only one type of railjack mission, exterminate. It's like min-maxing a super scaling weapon that will help you kill long endurance mission enemies but only being able to stay long enough that enemies don't get to scale that high so any other weapon without as many formas or best mods still do the same. Those different weapons at least change your gameplay and the way you have fun, but railjack is always the same, the only difference it's how long it takes.

Well yeah I guess, if that's how you want to play the game, I personally prefer variety so have been building multiple weapons and trying them out, like I mentioned in a previous post, tether isnt particularly effective when ur pugging, at least from my experience because pugs will get on the side guns and will inadvertently blow up the tether before it has latched onto something, in which case you are then reliant on ur guns.

Additionally we dont know whether tether will be altered by DE (they could very well nerf it) in which case having multiple weapon options will definitely be handy

26 minutes ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

I have more Zetki wreckage than Vidar/Lavan from Gian Point... RNG?

Also, my Zetki weapon/shield wreckage is downright worse than the Lavan/Vidar equivalents I found.

25 minutes ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

Well yeah I guess, if that's how you want to play the game, I personally prefer variety so have been building multiple weapons and trying them out, like I mentioned in a previous post, tether isnt particularly effective when ur pugging, at least from my experience because pugs will get on the side guns and will inadvertently blow up the tether before it has latched onto something, in which case you are then reliant on ur guns.

Additionally we dont know whether tether will be altered by DE (they could very well nerf it) in which case having multiple weapon options will definitely be handy

Yep like I said, it's good to have more options but as hard as I try to find a reason, I just don't see the point of it, because it doesn't alter how the mission works, it just makes you take longer. Railjack needs more variety of mission types or any reason to use different weapons. If you play railjack for fun, which I admire, and don't care much about best efficient way, then there isn't much difference from Zekti and Vidar weapons. They don't have different mechanics, just higher or lower stats (and not that big of a difference). It's like taking a multi forma prime weapon into a star chart mission that it's cleared as easily with the regular variant of that weapon without as many formas.

24 minutes ago, nslay said:

Also, my Zetki weapon/shield wreckage is downright worse than the Lavan/Vidar equivalents I found.

Yup. Gian Point has a lower amount of Elite Exo Outriders, and Elite Exo Crewships spawn when there's an anomaly with Murex present, with the later having only 2% drop rate as well. Getting Zektis from Gian Point is rare and RNG has blessed you in some way.

Edited by (PS4)lumen2ne1
correction and typos

3 minutes ago, nslay said:

I believe it's the elite exotic outriders that drop the zekti weapons and their spawn rate is very low on Gian point (read somewhere that they have been entirely removed from spawning in Gian point, not sure if this is accurate though).

In most cases (at least for weapons the zekti equivalent is the best variant) can u give some example zekti weapons that are worse than the vidar/lavan variant?

14 minutes ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

Yep like I said, it's good to have more options but as hard as I try to find a reason, I just don't see the point of it, because it doesn't alter how the mission works, it just makes you take longer. Railjack needs more variety of mission types or any reason to use different weapons. If you play railjack for fun, which I admire, and don't care much about best efficient way, then there isn't much difference from Zekti and Vidar weapons. They don't have different mechanics, just higher or lower stats (and not that big of a difference). It's like taking a multi forma prime weapon into a star chart mission that it's cleared as easily with the regular variant of that weapon without as many formas.

Yup. Gian Point has a lower amount of Elite Exo Outriders, and Elite Exo Crewships spawn when there's an anomaly with Murex present, with the later having only 2% drop rate as well. Getting Zektis from Gian Point is rare and RNG has blessed you in some way.

Yeah I agree there should be more mission variety and I fully anticipate more to come from DE around Railjack (remember we have only fought 1 faction so far and it's clear corpus are in the works). Yes I must say I do enjoy railjack, though I maxed out my intrinsics a few weeks back and pretty much have my components maxed so at the moment there isnt much for me to be working towards which is unfortunate.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

I believe it's the elite exotic outriders that drop the zekti weapons and their spawn rate is very low on Gian point (read somewhere that they have been entirely removed from spawning in Gian point, not sure if this is accurate though).

In most cases (at least for weapons the zekti equivalent is the best variant) can u give some example zekti weapons that are worse than the vidar/lavan variant?

Cryophon: Zetki has 100 more heat accretion while Vidar and Lavan do not.
Carcinnox: Zetki has higher fire rate, but more heat accretion and significantly lower damage and lower crit.
Photor: Zetki has significantly lower damage and lower crit.

It's possible that when you do the valence stuff to Zetki, they're better. But they have rolled to be significantly worse than Vidar ot Lavan counterparts that I found.

2 hours ago, nslay said:

Cryophon: Zetki has 100 more heat accretion while Vidar and Lavan do not.
Carcinnox: Zetki has higher fire rate, but more heat accretion and significantly lower damage and lower crit.
Photor: Zetki has significantly lower damage and lower crit.

It's possible that when you do the valence stuff to Zetki, they're better. But they have rolled to be significantly worse than Vidar ot Lavan counterparts that I found.

The rolls for weapons really dont change much, the only thing that changes is the stat bonus (unless u are comparing different mk level?) and ur incorrect about the zekti carcinox having lower damage, it has higher base damage and its burst damage is the highest variant. 

Zekti photor has the highest damage and the highest crit, not sure why you think otherwise, here is the wiki with all the details for the weapons as proof.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Railjack/Armaments

• Like 1