Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack - Isn't Tether a bit .. OP?

Vit0Corleone

9 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Then don't use it, let people who like it use it & that's it, stop calling for a nerf everytime something remotely interesting comes up

Can I ask where they requested a nerf? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

Can I ask where they requested a nerf? 

idk, the whole text says it, "seems too much - seems like press 4 to win - fighters might as well not exist"

Everything in this post is asking for a nerf

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Then don't use it, let people who like it use it & that's it, stop calling for a nerf everytime something remotely interesting comes up

You're not listening. Let me try to repeat again:

I am not calling for a nerf, I'm asking if people find this play style enjoyable, as I personally don't for the reasons I wrote.

I'm not trying to get people not to use it, as I said, as long as you're having fun, that's all that matters.

I hope that was clear.

13 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I am not calling for a nerf, I'm asking if people find this play style enjoyable, as I personally don't for the reasons I wrote.

I'm not trying to get people not to use it, as I said, as long as you're having fun, that's all that matters.

I hope that was clear.

Just got in my hangar, I'll launch a mission right now to try it

EDIT: idk, I like seeing everything being destroyed in one big explosion, but I miss my Particle Ram tho

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

8 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

idk, the whole text says it, "seems too much - seems like press 4 to win - fighters might as well not exist"

Everything in this post is asking for a nerf

but does it actually ask anywhere for a nerf? or is that just your own conclusion based on how the ability is presented that you are just projecting onto the op? 

46 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I hope that was clear.

I swear I'm not calling for a nerf but look at this ability that you can do [insert activity that DE dislikes] and how OP it is! I mean you could just AFK the mission, I wouldn't though. I don't know why, I just always like things to be "challenging." You don't have to think of me as cooler because of that, tho!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I swear I'm not calling for a nerf but look at this ability that you can do [insert activity that DE dislikes] and how OP it is! I mean you could just AFK the mission, I wouldn't though. I don't know why, I just always like things to be "challenging." You don't have to think of me as cooler because of that, tho!

Ok. If it bothers you that much, I don't mind changing the OP. I welcome suggestions.

This what I meant to convey: This thing is OP, it allows you to play without actually playing much while at the same time making fighters completely irrelevant, I think it's not an enjoyable style of playing, what do you guys think? Do you enjoy this play style?

Would that make you feel more confortable?

12 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Ok. If it bothers you that much, I don't mind changing the OP. I welcome suggestions.

This what I meant to convey: This thing is OP, it allows you to play without actually playing much while at the same time making fighters completely irrelevant, I think it's not an enjoyable style of playing, what do you guys think? Do you enjoy this play style?

Would that make you feel more confortable?

Now get up on the high horse over there and add a more nasal quality to your voice and we got this!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, akrid45 said:

lol asking the warframe community to agree to nerf a braindead ability, weapon or mechanic is like trying to convince a astronaut that the earth is flat. You're just wasting your time 

lol I think you mean the Brammaframe community 😛

• Like 1

Is it really OP, or has all of railjack been nerfed into the land of trivial? I am going to go with trivial. Not that it was super challenging to solo prior to the revisit, but at least it was not sleep inducing. 

• Like 2

Both this, and the Void Hole and the Munitions Vortex are "Press X to win" abilities against fighter craft and can't even scratch the paint off a crewship - and that is fine.

Let's look at normal, on-foot Waframe. It's not like a group of Grineer Butchers has high life expectancy when facing anyone armed with a Tether Grenade Penta. Or a Lenz. Or a Bramma. And frames like Mesa can do worse things to anything that enters her line of sight by just standing there and moving your mouse cursor, too. Currently Railjack is just bare bones mission-wise, or at least I hope it is.

Looking at the rest of Warframe, I wouldn't even expect enemy resistance from what essentially is a Railjack version of a basic, non-Sortie, non-Fissure non-Nightmare exterminate mission on what, Mercury? Or Mars, at most?  We'll get our Mot node yet. Just not now, it seems. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Both this, and the Void Hole and the Munitions Vortex are "Press X to win" abilities against fighter craft and can't even scratch the paint off a crewship - and that is fine.

Let's look at normal, on-foot Waframe. It's not like a group of Grineer Butchers has high life expectancy when facing anyone armed with a Tether Grenade Penta. Or a Lenz. Or a Bramma. And frames like Mesa can do worse things to anything that enters her line of sight by just standing there and moving your mouse cursor, too. Currently Railjack is just bare bones mission-wise, or at least I hope it is.

Looking at the rest of Warframe, I wouldn't even expect enemy resistance from what essentially is a Railjack version of a basic, non-Sortie, non-Fissure non-Nightmare exterminate mission on what, Mercury? Or Mars, at most?  We'll get our Mot node yet. Just not now, it seems. 

You're not wrong, but you're also sort of missing the point.

The issue here ( and, just to be clear, this is just an opinion and personal preference ) is that those examples you mention require active game play. Even MV and Void Hole require you to at least pilot your ship, positioning it properly, calculate your range, etc. MV even requires a bit more of player skill it terms of piloting to quickly jump to the middle of a spawn, back out and in again etc.

You're comparing to the rest of Warframe exterminate missions, so let me ask you this: On what scenarios can you start an exterminate, do not move from your spawn location, and just by slightly moving your mouse around and pressing 2 a few times, you kill all the fodder on the map?

You're also using powerful weapons as examples, but all those powerful weapons, as OP as they may be, require you to move around, parkour, aim, shoot. This is the difference between active game play and not. For me at least.

To summarize, and again for my personal taste, running through a tile set using a powerful weapon and blowing everything in my path is fun. Staying on the same spot and do nothing except pressing 2 is not.

Ofc, YMMV.

4 minutes ago, Jim22 said:

Yes it is really good but it should be, if its a rare battle avionic. I've only seen 1 person use it and I've been playing railjack pretty much all week. 

It's not that rare. I suspect that you don't see people using it, because they aren't aware of how good it is, and have always been told that Void Hole is the thing to use.

For comparison, I have 14x Tether and 4x Void hole. 

Thank you for showing me another way to use a battle avionics I didn't give the time of day to. I am going to give it a try again and incorporate it into how I generally play. It looks like a fun low-flux alternative for when enemies are in a decent cluster and void hole may be kind of tedious to use. I haven't been to fond of particle ram blocking my view as of late so I'm open to try something new.

The past week has been a whole week of railjack experiments for me. I have come to like Tether as well, but I only use it during certain conditions, like when the enemies are kind of close by, I'll fire one right in the middle and hope that it tethers all of them. If they are far and wide apart, I tend not to use it and rely on Seeker Volley instead.

I haven't been really comfortable using Void Hole, and have been really really unlucky at trying to get Munitions Vortex. So the above is my current strategy in the Veil.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kamisama85 said:

I haven't been to fond of particle ram blocking my view as of late so I'm open to try something new.

Just in case, it only blocks because of obnoxious colors. Change "engines" color and "secondary color" (the one below "engines" not under "primary") to true black (blackest from smoke palette) and it's completely invisible (wont even be able to tell when its on). Change "engines" to a dark gray and "secondary color" to true black and you barely get a silhouette.

You can always experiment with other darker colors, or simply nulling "secondary color" with true black and keeping the silhouette in something slightly bright.

Example with a gray and true black:

woKOCPD.jpg

Edited by nms.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Seeker Volley doesn't kill in the Veil (or at least not against multiple fighters, its damage divides based on number of targets), can be evaded by some fighters and it also costs four times as much to use.

From what I can see here, Tether is cheaper, doesn't divide damage up, and is guaranteed.

seeker volley kills might fine in the veil. dont get where everyone got that it dosent kill in the veil?

I like not having to aim but I don't have Tether yet, Where did you get it?

Just got my Railjack a few days ago, not really a fan of it, aiming is tedious and I don't even feel like traveling in space at all, railjack missions are like 360 degrees turret simulator, I wish I have better weapons.

They need to add more missions types that involves traveling like Scarlett Spear.

4 hours ago, Oggyswe said:

seeker volley kills might fine in the veil. dont get where everyone got that it dosent kill in the veil?

Me using in the veil. It's simple maths - depending on the number of fighters, it either will or won't, because the missiles don't oneshot. That means that multiple missiles have to hit the target to kill it, and if too many fighters (which the numbers per encounter were also buffed remember) are in the same place, then there won't be enough damage to kill.

Use it in red point, the damage will not be enough. Also 50 energy per pack is less flux efficient than munition vortex(it has others benefits). Right now Tether is extremly strong overall, but I do think that future rj content will be at higher levels and the ability doesn't scale well.

This is the actual meta of RJ one guy one shoting packs with spells then 3 others trying to compete against that on crew ships and objectives handling. Optimal playstyle is that once you have finished dealing with ships you solo kill un handled crew ships with dome charge as it save the reactor explosion timer 🙂. Mission could last 1:30.

Edited by Galuf