Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 3 — The Glassmaker

[DE]Helen

2 hours ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

So this landing craft is unique and exclusive? Its not a skin? Does it have a different landing craft effect for the craftable landing craft supports charges?

It doesn't seem to be a skin, it says its airsupport releases powerful soundwaves destroying weaker enemies while stunning more powerful ones.

Can't say I like the model, it's weirdly rounded and low poly... I would've liked some hard surface design instead of this oldschool mesh wrapping that looks not great IMO (which is what is used in a lot of models in this game 😞 )

Edited by HunterDigi

On 2020-05-14 at 12:21 AM, (XB1)toughdragon17 said:

Yesterday i had to do over 148 missions to get enouphe to do the quiz puzzle and at the final thing i forgot the last question and was punished for it

When I know I have to remember several steps about something, I write them down in advance (I have lousy memory, so I have to do this often).

That's what I did after failing the first puzzle: I did some research, examined the clues and wrote them down. When I did the puzzle again, I found the right direction easily :-)

Mind you, this is not to bash anybody, it's just a suggestion.

Maybe younger people aren't used to write down things, but for an old player like me, years ago it was often necessary in games (especially adventures o puzzle games, but with some shooter as well, you had to write down the map or hints).

Since this NW is about a murder mystery, you may think yourself as an old-school detective, always with his trusty notebook in hand (and I mean the little paper notebook, not the PC!) 😄

Edited by Pulsar63

9 hours ago, Aedwynn said:

Dear developers, why are we still forced to participate in Nightwave events? Why can't we opt out? Emissary event already made one of my friends to stop playing.

I don't understand.

Nobody forces you to partecipate in NW. You do it because you want the rewards... but you can play WF and ignore NW with no consequence whatsoever.

Regarding opt-out, you can stop doing the NW challenges any time. You keep the earned rewards (if any), and have no problems at all.

This time, "NW enemies" (Cephalites) IMHO aren't even that hard and are easy to avoid (when you hear Nora announcing them, just move away). Most people seem having issues finding them, not avoiding them.

OTOH, in the previous NW the Emissaries (Zealots) were so annoying and hard to kill, they ruined several of my missions - to the point I almost stopped playing. This time they are way less invasive and annoying.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KroneVanguard said:

And why the camera is so slow and in stupid first person view?

THIS!!!

What I found most annoying in the crime-scene, was that I was so slow moving...

WF is all about space ninjas moving fast and doing incredible acrobatics... 🙂

And now here I am, slow as molasses, like an arthritic 90 years old hobbling on his cane... It's almost nausea-inducing! 😄

Please, pretty please DE, let us move at a normal pace there! I don't want to feel like I have been glassified! 😉

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pulsar63 said:

THIS!!!

What I found most annoying in the crime-scene, was that I was so slow moving...

WF is all about space ninjas moving fast and doing incredible acrobatics... 🙂

And now here I am, slow as molasses, like an arthritic 90 years old hobbling on his cane... It's almost nausea-inducing! 😄

Please, pretty please DE, let us move at a normal pace there! I don't want to feel like I have been glassified! 😉

They already increased the movement speed.

• Like 1

14 часов назад, Pulsar63 сказал:

I don't understand.

Nobody forces you to partecipate in NW. You do it because you want the rewards... but you can play WF and ignore NW with no consequence whatsoever.

Yes, you don't understand. We are forced to participate. You can ignore rewards, but you can't ignore mission events. On every mission, event occurs - special enemies spawn and that's exactly the thing I want to opt out. I don't want them in my missions and Emissary Zealots are the very reason my friend stopped playing - just when he started. You say this time they are "less invasive and annoying" but they are still invasive and annoying. Next Nightwave? Might be as bad as 2nd, or even worse.

That's why I want an option to turn it off completely.

On 2020-05-24 at 12:56 PM, Aedwynn said:

On every mission, event occurs - special enemies spawn and that's exactly the thing I want to opt out. I don't want them in my missions and Emissary Zealots are the very reason my friend stopped playing - just when he started.

Ok, now I better understand what you mean.

Regarding the Zealots, I already said they were a real PITA, and I'm sorry for your friend.

I think DE listened to feedback and, this time, made those enemies way more manageable. Although...

You say this time they are "less invasive and annoying" but they are still invasive and annoying.

Maybe it depends on MR level also.

I'm MR 15 and I can swipe them off without a sweat. If a were MR2 or 3, though, they might be harder. Especially for someone new to shooters.

That's why I want an option to turn it off completely.

That would be perfect: NW for those who like it, switch if off for those who don't.

I thought the same about Kuva Liches: I wonder why DE doesn't give us those choices.

• Like 1

This "event" feels worse then the last few... Walking slower then a slug? We can only hold 20 of the glass bits? Sixty seconds to look through all the evidence? I don't care about finishing even the first part. So sad.

В 25.05.2020 в 14:47, Pulsar63 сказал:

I think DE listened to feedback and, this time, made those enemies way more manageable. Although...

Maybe it depends on MR level also.

I'm MR 15 and I can swipe them off without a sweat. If a were MR2 or 3, though, they might be harder. Especially for someone new to shooters.

That would be perfect: NW for those who like it, switch if off for those who don't.

I thought the same about Kuva Liches: I wonder why DE doesn't give us those choices.

Here's an update on how "manageable" new glass enemies are. They spawn right during current Thermia fractures event, so Jackal that spawned got glassed and became completely invulnerable. The usual method of shooting glass weakspots didn't work as they were indestructible.dOHJF0F.jpg

So now I can bet that next Nightwave will also interfere in some mission in a very, very bad way. 

We need a way to opt out of Nightwave completely - no glass spawns if we don't want them.

• Like 2

There's something I don't understand about this NW3. 

I'm doing my daily/weekly tasks, levelling my ranks, getting my rewards, as usual.

But... Is there any goal/reward behind farming the Cephathings and resolving the investigation ? 

I mean, other than the useless 7k standings ?

Cause I'm not going to spend any time in this without having a clue about why I should do it. :s 

Any news on an end date? Are you going to give everyone a good amount of time like before? Because it used to be: do 1/3-1/2 of the weekly challenges to max out by the end. But with this nightwave only lasting 2 months (as Helen states in the Original post) you'd literally need to do every challenge to reach rank 30. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)Badger said:

Any news on an end date? Are you going to give everyone a good amount of time like before? Because it used to be: do 1/3-1/2 of the weekly challenges to max out by the end. But with this nightwave only lasting 2 months (as Helen states in the Original post) you'd literally need to do every challenge to reach rank 30. 

"expect Series 3 to run for at least two months"

2 months is minimum, so dont be worry, it will be longer 

• Like 1

On 2020-05-29 at 12:50 PM, Aedwynn said:

Jackal that spawned got glassed and became completely invulnerable. The usual method of shooting glass weakspots didn't work as they were indestructible.

[...]

We need a way to opt out of Nightwave completely - no glass spawns if we don't want them.

Opt out would be really good.

OTOH, NW "effects/challenges" should NEVER happen on bosses! How DE let this slip is beyond me. That would turn a fun challenge into a nightmare!

(have you informed DE about this?)

• 3 weeks later...

Any chance of making a second story version that does NOT grant extra nightwave standing and does NOT have any timed challenges, puzzles, or parkour?  Even if I can do the challenges, chances are I won't be able to remember the conclusions that I might come to on the clues, given the trauma of time pressure.  I tried doing the first one and couldn't even do the first jump due to the time taken to look around.   Tried that twice and decided that I'm not going to bother with it and I'll just go try it after I have all the credits from doing the reward track.  At that point, I'll likely just go watch a video of all the parts and pass on the misery of this story presentation.  I am so sorry that alerts aren't a thing anymore.  They were so much more flexible for people with real lives and real vacations.  I hated timed reward tracks in every other game they are in and also left one game for a year due to traumatic story presentation (hectic combat or mechanics while presenting the story so you have to just do the combat or mechanics and then WASTE time watching someone play through the story, which in the case of that game wasn't any good, on YouTube.

Edited by RunsWithChainsaws
Addition
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, RunsWithChainsaws said:

Any chance of making a second story version that does NOT grant extra nightwave standing and does NOT have any timed challenges, puzzles, or parkour?  Even if I can do the challenges, chances are I won't be able to remember the conclusions

It's not hard at all, and they made it easier. If you have trouble remembering use the mighty cellphone and take pictures of your clues or if you don't have a phone use the trusty paper and pen 

• Like 3

Take pictures?  My cellphone responds to my touch so poorly that it takes me roughly 10 minutes to take one picture.  They don't give me time to read in between the jumps, do they?  I'm really slow at reading...about 5th grade speed when I was in junior high school.  High IQ but really slow at reading and writing.  It's why I majored in applied mathematics in college.  Apologies for sounding harsh on the real life comment.  I don't actually have one and played a previous game a total of about 30K hours over 7 years, but for once I'd like a game that doesn't have a schedule of activities that get in the way of what I find fun.  People say that Nightwave can be done by just playing the game normally, but I think I'd likely never do most of the elite weeklies in regular play and only about half of the dailies would get done.  I have all the nightmare mods and corrupted mods, so I'd likely not do nightmare missions anymore or touch derelict except to finish the star chart, farm mutagen samples or kavat DNA.  I don't like index and spend credits almost as fast as I get them.  I could see doing hydrolyst, profit taker, and exploiter orb, but only until the loot rewards are all duplicates.  So, at that point I'd only be doing those bosses for Nightwave, unless I start selling arcanes (not really wanting to spend my game time loitering in Maroo's Bazaar).  The issue is that there really isn't anything that isn't just working for nothing after a certain point outside of the Nightwave rewards unless you get into decorating your ship and clan dojo big time.  Maybe have a credit to platinum exchange system, but at a really grindy rate so that only the people who don't have much money would do it, but at least would have some way to get the cash shop items eventually.  I'd like to actually see more deluxe skins for the warframes in the game, especially for ones that don't really have any or have only one.

Back on the nightwave subject...why not have a overall pool of things you can do for a certain amount of nightwave standing with multiples of some acts (profit taker, etc.) equivalent to the total of all the things to do over the course of the series, including dailies?  Have all the credit offerings for the series available at all times and no expiration on buying them or accruing that series of credits, only a total standing or credit cap.  Then just leave the series active so people can do things when they want to.  Next nightwave series have a separate pool of acts and credit offerings that don't expire?  I think maybe the technical resource cost of keeping the series ongoing will be balanced by not having to manage all the dailies and weeklies.  Just have a credit payout instead for each thing, like "do 3 sorties in a week" pays 7,000 standing and you can do that a max of maybe 3 times total.  I hope people can understand what I'm driving at, and hopefully DE won't try to implement any variation of it that misses any of the positive aspects.

Edited by RunsWithChainsaws
clarification

Critical flaw in glassmaker NW. There is nothing to figure out? U sit back and watch it play out...certified difference.

How about constructing a 10 piece puzzle and scattering it randomly through out our star charts (random also applies to MR levels when generated accordingly). So upon entering/ beginning the nightwave each tenno receives his/her own puzzle to put back together and figure out? Caveat, even though it's a random piece for yourself, its still in the same ballpark to play together!?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-06-21 at 10:19 AM, RunsWithChainsaws said:

Take pictures?  My cellphone responds to my touch so poorly that it takes me roughly 10 minutes to take one picture.  They don't give me time to read in between the jumps, do they?  I'm really slow at reading...about 5th grade speed when I was in junior high school.  High IQ but really slow at reading and writing.  It's why I majored in applied mathematics in college.  Apologies for sounding harsh on the real life comment.  I don't actually have one and played a previous game a total of about 30K hours over 7 years, but for once I'd like a game that doesn't have a schedule of activities that get in the way of what I find fun.  People say that Nightwave can be done by just playing the game normally, but I think I'd likely never do most of the elite weeklies in regular play and only about half of the dailies would get done.  I have all the nightmare mods and corrupted mods, so I'd likely not do nightmare missions anymore or touch derelict except to finish the star chart, farm mutagen samples or kavat DNA.  I don't like index and spend credits almost as fast as I get them.  I could see doing hydrolyst, profit taker, and exploiter orb, but only until the loot rewards are all duplicates.  So, at that point I'd only be doing those bosses for Nightwave, unless I start selling arcanes (not really wanting to spend my game time loitering in Maroo's Bazaar).  The issue is that there really isn't anything that isn't just working for nothing after a certain point outside of the Nightwave rewards unless you get into decorating your ship and clan dojo big time.  Maybe have a credit to platinum exchange system, but at a really grindy rate so that only the people who don't have much money would do it, but at least would have some way to get the cash shop items eventually.  I'd like to actually see more deluxe skins for the warframes in the game, especially for ones that don't really have any or have only one.

Back on the nightwave subject...why not have a overall pool of things you can do for a certain amount of nightwave standing with multiples of some acts (profit taker, etc.) equivalent to the total of all the things to do over the course of the series, including dailies?  Have all the credit offerings for the series available at all times and no expiration on buying them or accruing that series of credits, only a total standing or credit cap.  Then just leave the series active so people can do things when they want to.  Next nightwave series have a separate pool of acts and credit offerings that don't expire?  I think maybe the technical resource cost of keeping the series ongoing will be balanced by not having to manage all the dailies and weeklies.  Just have a credit payout instead for each thing, like "do 3 sorties in a week" pays 7,000 standing and you can do that a max of maybe 3 times total.  I hope people can understand what I'm driving at, and hopefully DE won't try to implement any variation of it that misses any of the positive aspects.

So, here's the bit that is missing.  Nightwave isn't a rewards system, it's a means to force people to do old content with a bit of reward provided as incentive and pseudo-choice to compensate.

What do I mean?  Well, before Nightwave was the Alert system.  Random missions, random rewards, limited time, and a lack of participation when the rewards we something as goofy as a bonus 1000 salvage.  The complaint from people was that if they weren't around when a good reward came up it might be weeks before it came around again.  Case in point, the cosmetics for a new alternative helmet could come around a week after launch, then two weeks after, then a month later.  If you weren't around you'd miss the new one, but be buried under alerts for stuff you already had.  They also had Vauban parts, Nitain, and auras linked to this system so people could go long stretches without getting something good.

DE decided to fix this by copying the season pass model.  You get the illusion of choice, at the expense of severely metered progress, and the developer can insert challenges based upon old content to force participation in old content.  It's not a terrible idea if you've got a constant stream of rewards that do not give you power, and there's a define duration for the event so you can control expectations.  What we got with NIghtwave was not that.  Nightwave is an unknown, and often extended duration.  Rewards are direct power because they lock auras, nitain, reactors, catalysts, and MR increasing items.  Oh boy.

Knowing this, what's the goal.  Well, you generate a random list of activities, allow the pool to be picked from weekly, and drive players to do content that otherwise wouldn't get done.  If you allowed them to pick from a pool, there'd be nobody doing thing like gilding weapons, as the investment to reward is too low.  On the other hand, if it's time limited you get people to do the content because they might lose out.  I like the idea proposed, but it's fundamentally not what Nightwave is about.  As such, best of luck petitioning for it.  If after more than a year DE is still stubborn enough to not set a schedule, and extend an intermission for longer than the actual content, then I wish you luck in swaying them to this.

• Like 3