Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Report threats

Abysspurnyan

Question

What do you do when a player threatens to report you for no/silly reasons?

Earlier on somebody threatened to report me for something he didn't like, even though it didn't impact him in any meaningful way.
I figured he just got annoyed that I beat him to the punch (he was using the same frame), nonetheless I cancelled what I was doing.
Later on at extraction he once again threatened to report me. After getting back in the orbiter I ended up reporting him for harassment.

Was this the right thing to do? I originally planned to ignore it, but after he threatened me once more I decided to do it.
Frankly this situation is too stupid to even consider starting a thread for, nonetheless I thought I'd try asking in here.

• Like 10

25 answers to this question

hace 9 minutos, Abysspurnyan dijo:

After getting back in the orbiter I ended up reporting him for harassment

Good move and one definitely worth doing.
Everything else is pretty straightforward, you will not be punished and that player will be warned of not repeating the harassment, which is a win for me

• Like 3

If you felt like that player wanted to bully you into doing something differently, your report can be justified. Personally I wouldn't have bothered, they can't just go around and report players for no reason - if they do that, they'll be the one who gets punished, for wasting the support staff's time. Next time just let them trip themselves.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Abysspurnyan said:

Earlier on somebody threatened to report me for something he didn't like, even though it didn't impact him in any meaningful way.
I figured he just got annoyed that I beat him to the punch (he was using the same frame), nonetheless I cancelled what I was doing.
Later on at extraction he once again threatened to report me. After getting back in the orbiter I ended up reporting him for harassment.

Was this the right thing to do? I originally planned to ignore it, but after he threatened me once more I decided to do it.
Frankly this situation is too stupid to even consider starting a thread for, nonetheless I thought I'd try asking in here.

The reporting system makes it quite clear, that if you reported someone that didn't do anything wrong, the reporter would be pushed.

They were just being an arse, but since you didn't know what the correct action to take, reporting them for harassment was a good call. 

What are you like 7 years old? Someone says they are going to tell Space Mom on you so you rush to tell Space Mom first hoping you don't get in trouble? 

You won't even tell us what you were doing. Why is that? You feel guilty because you were actually the one in the wrong?

Stop wasting peoples time and grow tf up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abysspurnyan said:

Lots of people like that in many different games, seen some in Wf and used to see a lot behave like that in War Thunder, still do but not to the extent i used to a few years ago because i guess the kiddies went to play other games when WT became old and 'not cool'.

Only difference, WT has a ban system based on the number of reports, so you're better off to play it with short breaks, because it's natural someone will report you over nonsense no matter what you're doing.

I can't even take them seriously enough to put them on ignore, just makes me think what happened that made them act like that.

That said, imo. you did well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Abysspurnyan said:

So tell us what you did to "beat him to the punch" and how did you cancel it?

Maybe, just maybe, his side of the story is that you were being the jerk and harassing him.  The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, that you were both partially wrong.  Regardless of how many time you're reported, the claims have to hold up.  If you really were completely innocent you'd have no problem, but since you're concerned, maybe you know you were at least partially at fault.

Ignore them.

If they felt secure enough to behave that way with you, then they've done the same to others.  DE either already knows about their behavior or they would have found out from someone else.

• Like 1

Yea don't be such an utter pansy, OP. Don't you know that snitches get stitches.

As someone who was picked on their whole life, let me be the first to say that those who decry reporting people WRT just about anything will be the first to do it to people that make them angry or that they hate. If something needs to be reported, do it. If you aren't sure, just make that call without worrying about whether or not other people approve.

4 hours ago, XaoGarrent said:

I would suggest that you try and HTFU. Tends to solve these kinds of problems fastest.

I had to look this up because I'm so used to people not being married to severely flawed concepts of toxic masculinity, it had escaped me as an acronym.

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Yea don't be such an utter pansy, OP. Don't you know that snitches get stitches.

As someone who was picked on their whole life, let me be the first to say that those who decry reporting people WRT just about anything will be the first to do it to people that make them angry or that they hate. If something needs to be reported, do it. If you aren't sure, just make that call without worrying about whether or not other people approve.

WRT? HTFU?

• Like 1

Basically what I did was to link with nidus to the kuva lich. All this does is give me damage reduction and deflecting everything to the lich.
He's immune to all the other effects of this ability. I've used this method with acquiantaces and know that it doesn't affect anybody.
Neither does it interfere with lich mechanics, it just makes me harder to kill. Despite that he still one shots a linked Nidus.
Didn't mention this at first since It's not really relevant to my question. The conversation was rather short since he couldn't speak English.
He tried to, the results were funny however.

EOPEN! OPEN!
I REPROT YOU
I report you Nidus!

Is pretty much most of what he said. All it pretty much did was make me laugh.
I couldn't care less about what he said, however I got curious if there'd be any threads on this.
Searched it up and didn't find anything conclusive on the subject.
Overall response to this thread is kinda what I expected on the matter.
I guess I learned some new abbreviations as well :v
If this is a one time occurrence, it's not worth the time for support unless he does this on a daily basis.
In that case he'll get a warning I suppose. 

58 minutes ago, Abysspurnyan said:

Basically what I did was to link with nidus to the kuva lich.

Then I take back what I said ... this seems reasonable behavior on your part.

I'm not sure what he could see, or how he'd have any idea of what you were doing.  Was it his liche?  Maybe he thought you were trying to steal him.

15 hours ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

Then I take back what I said ... this seems reasonable behavior on your part.

I'm not sure what he could see, or how he'd have any idea of what you were doing.  Was it his liche?  Maybe he thought you were trying to steal him.

He was using Nidus as well, forgot to actually check if he linked to it after I unlinked.
I linked to it out of habit, then I checked if it was mine since I forgot my lich's name.
It'd be funny if he thought it was possible to steal a lich.

I could assume the game bugged out and made him unable to perform a mercy kill.
Hasn't happened with my friends however, so while not impossible I think that's unlikely.

Edited by Abysspurnyan
Forgot quote

6 hours ago, Abysspurnyan said:

It'd be funny if he thought it was possible to steal a lich.

Honestly, i would have just kept doing that and said 'yes,daddy' to confuse that guy.

Then go along with that logic and say i need his Lich and will keep it hostage until he can pay the ransom of a Primed Broken Ammo Drum.

These are the kinds of moments Warframe is worth playing for. 😂

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

How do you know that?

from the amount of vulgarities and spam people are allowed to flood into the chat, if they ignore those 'spam', 'offensive language', 'offensive name', 'harassment', with hard proof staring them in the face in realtime then it stands that more red tape wouldn't make them any faster to correct similar reports. i've reported spam in the chatroom for literally hours at a time just to see if they boot the player or something like that but nope. a lot of times they just keep posting trash until they get bored n leave to play a mission or sign off of xbl altogether

8 hours ago, (XB1)x ARTaco x said:

from the amount of vulgarities and spam people are allowed to flood into the chat, if they ignore those 'spam', 'offensive language', 'offensive name', 'harassment', with hard proof staring them in the face in realtime then it stands that more red tape wouldn't make them any faster to correct similar reports. i've reported spam in the chatroom for literally hours at a time just to see if they boot the player or something like that but nope. a lot of times they just keep posting trash until they get bored n leave to play a mission or sign off of xbl altogether

Well, that doesn't really mean they aren't doing anything. It just means probably nobody had the time to look at your reports yet. You're talking about hours, when people frequently complain about their support ticket not being looked at for weeks. Warframe support seriously lacks some manpower to be able to work efficiently. So no matter if vulgarities are being posted real time, if those players choose their words so the chat bot won't ban them, and there isn't anyone from DE around who is actively watching the chat.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Well, that doesn't really mean they aren't doing anything. It just means probably nobody had the time to look at your reports yet. You're talking about hours, when people frequently complain about their support ticket not being looked at for weeks. Warframe support seriously lacks some manpower to be able to work efficiently. So no matter if vulgarities are being posted real time, if those players choose their words so the chat bot won't ban them, and there isn't anyone from DE around who is actively watching the chat.

nope. ill see other people getting booted for example: asking about non topical stuff like trade related things in rec or region. (not immediately so it's not the bot i don't think, that thing kicks people like a knee jerk reaction when it sees black-listed dialogue)

The people in charge of supervising things are cherry picking which rules they enforce, when, and on whom. Or maybe you're right and the mods or whoever are either MIA or just plain asleep at the wheel. can't be proven or disproven unfortunately😕 all we can do is speculate. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)x ARTaco x said:

nope. ill see other people getting booted for example: asking about non topical stuff like trade related things in rec or region. (not immediately so it's not the bot i don't think, that thing kicks people like a knee jerk reaction when it sees black-listed dialogue)

Huh, that's interesting. As I noticed, the message with the rule breaking content always appears for more or less one second, so if someone gets kicked without you seeing this, it's probably really because of something they said earlier, and they weren't thrown out by the bot.

1 hour ago, (XB1)x ARTaco x said:

The people in charge of supervising things are cherry picking which rules they enforce, when, and on whom. Or maybe you're right and the mods or whoever are either MIA or just plain asleep at the wheel. can't be proven or disproven unfortunately😕 all we can do is speculate. 

The possibility of mods choosing when to enforce rules and when to ignore them is a worrying thought. I'm pretty convinced they take moderation at DE very seriously, but this wouldn't be the first time when employees go against a company's rules. I'd like to think they just aren't paying attention constantly, so certain rule breakings slip through their hands. But yeah, as you say, problem is, it's impossible for us to decide what's really happening, we can only speculate 😐