Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

“Camping” in Endurance Runs

Ill say this these camper like OP cannot run disruption mission because the moment this are not going right they extract or leave mission. lol Killing enemies that spawn in one direction is much quicker than camping. For example two cars driving into each other is much quicker than one car driving into the other. This is why I suggested have enemies armor, health and shield scale up even higher than pre-rework so those who cannot kill them even campers will have to extract. DE never wanted camping an in game concept.

14 minutes ago, nslay said:

I mean, you can do endurance runs without camping... I've seen long solo Banshee and Revenant runs posted on this forum.

EDIT: Also, if it's not endurance... I don't think it matters much if you camp or not. Sure, spawns are messed up, but not so much that survival capacity is really affected all that much.

What I don't like is being told to camp in a non-endurance run with a Mesa or Volt. Like wow... that's going to be super boring. Who wants to wait around for Mesa to kill everything for you? And you don't even need to camp. This is a non-issue for 99% of the players who only do 20-40 minutes max.

It definitely doesn’t matter outside of endurance runs and is most definitely a non-issue for 99% of players. I specifically posted this for the 1% that does play endurance runs.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

It definitely doesn’t matter outside of endurance runs and is most definitely a non-issue for 99% of players. I specifically posted this for the 1% that does play endurance runs.

Well, there are frames that let you do super long endurance runs without camping or hiding. Although I think what tends to happen is that those non-campingplayers will probably end up staying in one area anyway (I mean, if you explored the entire map, what else is there to do?). I know when I do long Derelict Survival runs, I generally stay in one place after cracking open every container and locker.

Ah, I see I have avoided another contentious point in WF again by soloing!

I love doing survival missions at this point, and no one tells me when to hang out in a big room, a little room, or a hallway other than what I feel like doing in the moment with the loadout I have with me.

I have been addicted to Volt Prime but Frost has been really fun lately...find the right room and just hanging out there works just fine.

Generally, I find an open space with at least three pillars and hang out there.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

But then how would I show how great my black and red frame and kuva bramma is?  That's why most people run around.  Those stupid little numbers on the mission end screen matter more to them.  They don't want to be in a room sharing kills with other players.

^ We had a group that agreed the purpose was to farm. We had a pilfering Khora, a Desecrate Nekros, a pilfering Hydroid... and a Mesa. We explored around until Extract showed itself, then found a dead end room close to it. It had a very nice, narrow choke point entry where the the pilferers set up shop. Nekros a bit back so that his desecrate aura was covering the pilfer traps... and then we slashed up things that got caught in in the traps. Worked fine for about 2 minutes until the Mesa got bored of standing in the room with us, killing fish in the barrel. Over the next 5 minutes, he pushed through the door way, then turned 90 degrees and started pushing down the next hallway. We started moving the traps forward to try to accommodate his ever changing kill-zones and eventually gave him the "WTF are you doing?!" question, clarified the expectation of the group goal, and re-explained what the roles were... to which he replied, "I need the kills for my Focus. I'm getting a TON of Focus!".  We replied, "Ok, so you get focus and the rest of us waste our time" and he said, "Huh. ok." and proceeded to slowly move away from the group as he had been doing. The other 3 of us collectively sighed and shrugged and went to extract... AND he followed!

30 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Ah, I see I have avoided another contentious point in WF again by soloing!

I love doing survival missions at this point, and no one tells me when to hang out in a big room, a little room, or a hallway other than what I feel like doing in the moment with the loadout I have with me.

Playing whatever way you find fun should be the whole point of the game. WF is a sandbox for you to do whatever the hell you want.

And I don’t really think it’s contentious. The spawn points directly correlate to the amount of life support you can pick up so it’s not really disputable that staying in one room will allow you to survive longer. Some people’s idea of fun is surviving as long as they possibly can so that info could be helpful to them.

The only people arguing are the ones saying “but that’s not fun” and they’re not really arguing because fun is subjective.

Edited by (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

But then how would I show how great my black and red frame and kuva bramma is?  That's why most people run around.  Those stupid little numbers on the mission end screen matter more to them.  They don't want to be in a room sharing kills with other players.

I also don't wanna be accused of being afk or leeching because all I can do is follow the Bramma n standing around. But it's ok cause higher levels are coming. This is why its needed lol.

So essentially, this thread is a part of the community that doesn't like how another part of the community plays the game?........ Nice to see things don't change. Especially, with the most petty of you. If you want to camp that's your choice. However, you don't have the right to make anyone play your way. Organize your squad better if you want to camp. DE gave you all the tools to set squads up any way you want. Use them.

Edited by (XB1)Rust Plague

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Rust Plague said:

So essentially, this thread is a part of the community that doesn't like how another part of the community plays the game?........ Nice to see things don't change. Especially, with the most petty of you. If you want to camp that's your choice. However, you don't have the right to make anyone play your way. Organize your squad better if you want to camp. DE gave you all the tools to set squads up any way you want. Use them.

Dude, can you even read? I’ve stated MULTIPLE times in this thread that I support people playing whatever way they want to. I’m not even an endurance player myself, my ONLY point was to educate people on the most effective strategy.

Please, by all means, play this game whatever way you find fun. That’s what it’s all about. I just noticed some people complaining about camping so I thought I’d shine some light on why people camp. That’s all. You really should not put words in people’s mouths.

I’m kind of amazed at people’s inability to separate the most effective strategy from whatever they find fun. Most of the time in this game the most effective way is NOT the most fun way, but again, fun is subjective.

I just wanted to explain the reasoning behind that strategy. I personally hate the meta and don’t have time for long endurance runs. Doesn’t change the fact that those things exist.

3 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Ill say this these camper like OP cannot run disruption mission because the moment this are not going right they extract or leave mission. lol Killing enemies that spawn in one direction is much quicker than camping. For example two cars driving into each other is much quicker than one car driving into the other. This is why I suggested have enemies armor, health and shield scale up even higher than pre-rework so those who cannot kill them even campers will have to extract. DE never wanted camping an in game concept.

1) literally nobody in this thread is talking about disruption

2) I’m not a camper, I’m just explaining to you why people do it and for some reason you cannot comprehend it.

3) Keeping the spawn points close to you is the most effective way to stay alive for the longest amount of time because the enemies are reaching you faster. You do not seem to understand how the spawn points work.

#3 is just a fact, I’m not telling anyone that they have to play this way, I’m just explaining the reasoning behind the strategy.

I like Kuva survivals because it's a mix of camping and moving around. Most of the time everyone is there for to get kuva so we all have a common goal. I often play Khora so my role is pretty much defend the tower. You still get those people in pubs that want to run 3 screens away and pull all spawns with them. At that point I let them know that I can't maintain my combo counter or energy if there are no spawns near me, I can't fulfill my roll if they play like that. If they ignore me I abandon the tower to chase them down and start stealing all kills. Most of the time they head back to the group. If they keep it up I just follow that player stealing all their potential kills until they extract or play with the group. 

Edited by Berzerkules

Ideally if one is running a hour plus survival mission you are doing it with friends in chat as a preformed group.

Meaning you all can chat, listen to music, shoot the S#&$, just hang out, etc. Well you find a ideal defensible point to use to its fullest.

If your not running for the long hull with pugs doing 5 to minute survivals is fine as everyone runs around.

• Like 1

Wow, the disconnect in this thread is real.

The OP: "Faster spawns mean more life support for long runs"

The Thread:

• "I've seen someone solo long runs"
  • "Staying in one spot is boring"
  • "But I can kill the enemies that spawned faster by running towards them"
  • "Disruption is fun, you can't play"

To be clear, OP is stating why it's done.  Recently I had decided to finish the Hema farm off (solo clan).  So I did a bunch of ODS groups.  When properly executing "camping" we had 2-3x the kills/second than when someone would abandon for 'running at the enemies' even if they still stayed on the same tile.

1 group, proper executed 'camping', ~~600 mutagen samples in <5mins.

1 group, sorta executed 'camping', ~~250 mutagen samples in ~~5mins

1 group, running around, ~~60 mutagen samples in 5mins.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, zehne said:

Wow, the disconnect in this thread is real.

The OP: "Faster spawns mean more life support for long runs"

The Thread:

• "I've seen someone solo long runs"
  • "Staying in one spot is boring"
  • "But I can kill the enemies that spawned faster by running towards them"
  • "Disruption is fun, you can't play"

It’s honestly fascinating. “Disruption is fun, you can’t play” made me spit out my coffee and I wasn’t even drinking any. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Ideally if one is running a hour plus survival mission you are doing it with friends in chat as a preformed group.

Meaning you all can chat, listen to music, shoot the S#&amp;&#036;, just hang out, etc. Well you find a ideal defensible point to use to its fullest.

If your not running for the long hull with pugs doing 5 to minute survivals is fine as everyone runs around.

Hundy P agreed on all points.

4 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

It's one of the plagues of warframe community: "if you're not using the meta - you're worse than dirt". "If you're using wrong warframe - you're dirt", "If you're using wrong elemental damage - you're dirt", "If you're not camping on survival missions - you're dirt".

Joke's on them, besides that i already knew i'm worse than dirt. 😂

Checkmate metaists!

• Like 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Wearbe:

^ We had a group that agreed the purpose was to farm. We had a pilfering Khora, a Desecrate Nekros, a pilfering Hydroid... and a Mesa. We explored around until Extract showed itself, then found a dead end room close to it. It had a very nice, narrow choke point entry where the the pilferers set up shop. Nekros a bit back so that his desecrate aura was covering the pilfer traps... and then we slashed up things that got caught in in the traps. Worked fine for about 2 minutes until the Mesa got bored of standing in the room with us, killing fish in the barrel. Over the next 5 minutes, he pushed through the door way, then turned 90 degrees and started pushing down the next hallway. We started moving the traps forward to try to accommodate his ever changing kill-zones and eventually gave him the "WTF are you doing?!" question, clarified the expectation of the group goal, and re-explained what the roles were... to which he replied, "I need the kills for my Focus. I'm getting a TON of Focus!".  We replied, "Ok, so you get focus and the rest of us waste our time" and he said, "Huh. ok." and proceeded to slowly move away from the group as he had been doing. The other 3 of us collectively sighed and shrugged and went to extract... AND he followed!

I had the same. Just in reverse. Random Abriation group against corrupted. The group wanted to camp but i didn't. I asked them if we could start camping after a hour or if it gets harder, but they disagreed. I stayed with them 20min in the same room and than went to extraction. They followed me.

It's not like that an Ash can help very much in a Mesa& vortex-Vauban combination...

Edited by ES-Flinter

Form a premade group with everyone in chat where everyone knows camping will happen.

I have done it and gained 100s of thousands of resources, exp, focus, and more. Not exactly exciting but its very effective.

You are in chat ideally with friends chatting about anything you want well you farm.

My buddy i often play games with. We'll be in a chat system just chating about everything. Listening to music. We don't sugar coat or hold back anything.

If a new person hops into chat with us then they will have to deal with our raunchyness. We hold no ones hand. Child, man, women, etc. Doesn't matter. In the chat channel with me i censor nothing.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

Only began to learn joys of defensive frames lately (frost prime.... Dislike limbo though). And learned to find corridors (near life points mind you) to sit funnel mobs to me. Actually works for me (solo) as long as i move around a little etc. Staying static in one spot though... Is boring...

• Like 1