Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

“Camping” in Endurance Runs

I’ve seen several comments lately complaining about people “camping” in endurance runs and I wanted to make a thread on this because I believe there are some elements at play here that some people are unaware of.

If you move around too much in a survival, like continuously moving from room to room, you will affect the locations where the enemies are spawning and thus affecting how long it takes the enemies to reach you. You want the enemies to reach you as quickly as possible to keep your kills per second as high as possible, thus granting you more life support.

This is why it’s best to find a “good room” and stay there. If you move rooms too much the enemies will start spawning too far away from you and they won’t reach you as fast. It’s not “camping”, it’s good strategy.

Maybe most people do know this and this thread isn’t necessary, but I’ve seen it brought up enough that I thought I would put this out there.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

This is why it’s best to find a “good room” and stay there. If you move rooms too much the enemies will start spawning too far away from you and they won’t reach you as fast. It’s not “camping”, it’s good strategy.

Anyone running around is wasting everyone's time. You find a good hallway/room to park in, and let them funnel into you. Also extremely useful when doing Defense arbitration missions, since the dude will run around and get killed otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Eluminary said:

Personally I play games to have fun camping isn't fun so I get a random squad that wants to camp that's a hard no/abort.

It’s not really “camping” as much as it is staying in one room. The best rooms for this are generally pretty large with lots of cover and things to parkour on, so you’re not just remaining stagnant. Movement is still crucial to staying alive, but it’s a hard fact that you will not survive as long if you keep moving rooms.

Edited by (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Not to mention survival is close to impossible solo if you run around too much. You're forced to use Nekros for survival only unless you wanna kill 2 enemies, hit life support at 3%, kill 3 enemies rinse repeat.

The rule applies to any survival whether it’s solo or a pub but it’s definitely magnified in a solo due to fewer enemy spawns.

I feel like the solo players are not the ones who need to hear this though. If you’re a solo endurance player that doesn’t have this information I don’t know what you’ve been doing.

I enjoy team Survival the most  when we camp in a very large room or move around as a coordinated group.  In the latter, spawns will slow down, but not punishingly so for the length of time I'm likely to want to play anyway.  Scattering to the winds isn't  as fun, but it's ok--and it definitely won't last long.

Camping in an alcove and forgoing this game's awesome mobility?  Ughh.  I know why people do it, but it's not for me.  I'll be nice and just abort or extract in that case.  

• Like 1

If difficulty is high (player group is weak or enemies are very high-level) then camping is a valuable tactic.

But it's so damn stupid when people demand to camp on a low-level mission! When you can just one-shot every enemy and could roam around in search for good loot (Ayatan Treasures, armored chests and just regular resources). But no, you must stay with them because they're too weak and too close-minded to follow more than one tactic.

It's one of the plagues of warframe community: "if you're not using the meta - you're worse than dirt". "If you're using wrong warframe - you're dirt", "If you're using wrong elemental damage - you're dirt", "If you're not camping on survival missions - you're dirt".

Edited by Tesla_Reloaded

The problem with survival is that it is fine to go 1.5 rooms away, but some people run to the literal other side of the map and tank the life support meter.

Camping in a single room is dull yes, but spreading out causes the mission to have a very high chance of failure, hell I'd say the random nature of the life support drops is part of the problem of Survival.

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Camping in a single room is dull yes, but spreading out causes the mission to have a very high chance of failure, hell I'd say the random nature of the life support drops is part of the problem of Survival.

I don’t think it’s dull if you have a good room with plenty of space to move in. Regardless, I was just pointing out why people do it, dull or not it is the best way to survive the longest amount of time.

I’m not even an endurance player, I just wanted to spread some knowledge on why people “camp”.

Staying in one room is dull, but it doesn't break the spawning and keeps enemies coming.
Because if a single player wanders off, map spawns will be triggered to follow him instead as he is closer to them than the main body.

Edited by fatpig84

But then how would I show how great my black and red frame and kuva bramma is?  That's why most people run around.  Those stupid little numbers on the mission end screen matter more to them.  They don't want to be in a room sharing kills with other players.

Looking at the game as its only PVE camping is absolutly logical decision. As for public matches ppl will  run around  to loot things and u cant do much about that they either agree to camp or not i mostly  do not agree to camp in publics if ppl want to camp they can make a party for that in recruit chat fair and square.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

It’s not really “camping” as much as it is staying in one room. The best rooms for this are generally pretty large with lots of cover and things to parkour on, so you’re not just remaining stagnant. Movement is still crucial to staying alive, but it’s a hard fact that you will not survive as long if you keep moving rooms.

Exactly. 

Edit: Camping in the large, extravagant void maps arent camping. It's making a whole area yours and locking it down. 

Edited by (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu
  • Like 1

I mean, you can do endurance runs without camping... I've seen long solo Banshee and Revenant runs posted on this forum.

EDIT: Also, if it's not endurance... I don't think it matters much if you camp or not. Sure, spawns are messed up, but not so much that survival capacity is really affected all that much.

What I don't like is being told to camp in a non-endurance run with a Mesa or Volt. Like wow... that's going to be super boring. Who wants to wait around for Mesa to kill everything for you? And you don't even need to camp. This is a non-issue for 99% of the players who only do 20-40 minutes max.

Edited by nslay

31 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

It's one of the plagues of warframe community: "if you're not using the meta - you're worse than dirt". "If you're using wrong warframe - you're dirt", "If you're using wrong elemental damage - you're dirt", "If you're not camping on survival missions - you're dirt".

People who are like that should go sit in a corner wearing a pointy hat with "I'm an idiot!" written on it.

In my personal opinion, camping mainly applies to PvP games as a derogatory label for players. In Warframe the game is built around camping. It is a natural element of the game.

Edited by Midas
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Let me be clear that I am in no way promoting this type of attitude. I actually despise the meta and prefer to play whatever way I find fun.

HOWEVAH (Stephen A. Smith voice), when talking about endurance runs, where the purpose is to survive AS LONG AS POSSIBLE, staying in one room is the best way to do it. Moving rooms will cause you to fail sooner and that’s just a fact. You can move around all you want if that’s more fun for you, I’m just telling you it’s not as effective.

• Like 1