Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is New War Ever gonna come?

(NSW)Sim11

I This is one question I'm very curious about. Now that DE is working on other things like Deadlock Protocal and Nightwave.. I'm very worried that New War may slip into 2021,i know we are still far of but I have a feeling they are gonna make so much content and forget about new war... I wanna see if our mother loves us! 🙂

Leave thoughts below 

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Technically it's already started with the scarlet spear. 

More of a cop out in my books, but they did get it started atleast. 

Technically, Erra before that, meaning they did 'T e c h n I c a l l y' release it for Christmas.

Nevertheless, Rebb has confirmed elsewhere that more traditional cinematic sections will crop up over time as it escalates. Quite possibly, the wanted one out before now, but y'know - a certain something happened which screwed up their scheduling.

• Like 1

the New War is gonna be a more long term deal, we likely won't even get to encounter Lotus/Natah until the finale, which won't be this year. also bear in mind DE doesn't have Access to their Mocap studio right now, so Cinematic Quests just aren't going to be possible until after DE returns to the office. just gonna have to be patient. hopefully 2021 will have us getting both New War and Planes of Duviri. 

1 hour ago, BloodKitten said:

its a problem when they are not really able to use thier studio and do motion capture or have high quality audio recording equipment for all the people they need to record.

We do know from Sacrifice that they record at least part of the mocap relatively early - they reported it took three months to make, and there's some indications on Steve's twitter about Mocap about three months before Sacrifice came out. And they reported doing some TNW mocap ages ago.

So, hopefully, whilst they have indicated that their cinematic options (especially for newer content) is more limited, they should already have the core to work with. 

I had honestly assumed it would be more of a 2022 thing especially with how DE bounces ideas around like a pinball game. They've proven that they're out of touch from their own game, with most of the recent updates that have come out. I mean, railjack has seen multiple "revisits" already yet it's still a mess. All I'm going to say is if you're bored of WF, the new war isn't going to do anything for you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Technically it's already started with the scarlet spear. 

More of a cop out in my books, but they did get it started atleast. 

If you wanna get technical it started with Railjack with Veil Proxima. And how is it a cop out?

By doing it like this The New War is extended through events, which makes it more like an Actual War vs A Quest with a boss fight at the end. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

If you wanna get technical it started with Railjack with Veil Proxima. And how is it a cop out?

By doing it like this The New War is extended through events, which makes it more like an Actual War vs A Quest with a boss fight at the end. 

That New War Trailer with 2019 Tennocon was when they said New War started, and DE rearranged Chimera to be part of it, instead of the Sacrifice Epilogue, so there is also that. New War's meat and bones type deal DE said they would discuss during Tennocon 2020, but originally Scarlet Spear was supposed to be followed by more stuff making this the YEAR OF SENTIENT attacks but real life gets in the way, normal shuffling, and all that.

10 minutes ago, Urlan said:

That New War Trailer with 2019 Tennocon was when they said New War started, and DE rearranged Chimera to be part of it, instead of the Sacrifice Epilogue, so there is also that. New War's meat and bones type deal DE said they would discuss during Tennocon 2020, but originally Scarlet Spear was supposed to be followed by more stuff making this the YEAR OF SENTIENT attacks but real life gets in the way, normal shuffling, and all that.

They discussed it during a devstream already, saying that it's not just a singular quest but something that will be an ongoing theme in the game. I dont remember which 1 but The New War has been addressed on how it's going to be given to us. They also said on the devstream after the release of the drydock that it was officially kicked off.

They showed the roadmap with Deadlock Protcol following Scarelt Spear....then Covid happened. Were still getting those things in the sequence that that showed before they were working from home so, at least that plan hasn't changed all that much. 

What were probably going to be told is DEs plan going forward since Covid is really changing things. 

I hope this community can be patient because as of now DE is going to have to amend alot since they are working from home. We dont know what other events they had planned for the New War past Deadlock Protocol as it is. 

31 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

Well if you wanna go further back it started with the first occulyst scanning you and Hunhow coming for your head. 

I consider it a cop out as it was not a war in its true sense only a skirmish at best. 

only the grineer were involved as a faction, the corpus were absent, the syndicates were mum, 

It was only on earth, and pretty far from the veil. (you would assume the war would be at the edge of the border not at the heart of the origin system) 

SOMETHING happened, not going to call it a war. 

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

They discussed it during a devstream already, saying that it's not just a singular quest but something that will be an ongoing theme in the game. I dont remember which 1 but The New War has been addressed on how it's going to be given to us. They also said on the devstream after the release of the drydock that it was officially kicked off.

They showed the roadmap with Deadlock Protcol following Scarelt Spear....then Covid happened. Were still getting those things in the sequence that that showed before they were working from home so, at least that plan hasn't changed all that much. 

What were probably going to be told is DEs plan going forward since Covid is really changing things. 

I hope this community can be patient because as of now DE is going to have to amend alot since they are working from home. We dont know what other events they had planned for the New War past Deadlock Protocol as it is. 

I know. I just referenced that in fact.

3 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Well if you wanna go further back it started with the first occulyst scanning you and Hunhow coming for your head. 

I consider it a cop out as it was not a war in its true sense only a skirmish at best. 

only the grineer were involved as a faction, the corpus were absent, the syndicates were mum, 

It was only on earth, and pretty far from the veil. (you would assume the war would be at the edge of the border not at the heart of the origin system) 

SOMETHING happened, not going to call it a war. 

It's the first major event other then the Veil Proxima node. They showed earth being invaded in the TRAILER already. 

It was an opening event, plus with the Corpus rework coming with Deadlock Protocol they are sure to be getting involved at some point. 

It was an opening salvo. We dont know what else is in store for how they want to impliment it. 

But I guess whatever they decide...they won't make you happy anyways. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Next part should be after tennocon. And it's parts. The new war is being sold as a war. It's not going to end for awhile.

I've studied History Call of Duty pretty extensively, pretty sure Wars start and end in the space of a weekend.

33 minutes ago, (XB1)UpgradeAcorn989 said:

So since most people in this thread have given you your answer, Im gonna have to say,

SoonTM

I’m gonna laugh when the solar system is in ruins and we’ve lost the war and a player’s only way to survive is shake hands with the void-devil as the MITW flings us into The Plains of Duviri...and we be like “whaaaat?”

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

10 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I’m gonna laugh when the solar system is in ruins and we’ve lost the war and a player’s only way to survive is shake hands with the void-devil as the MITW flings us into The Plains of Duviri...and we be like “whaaaat?”

Or have a pseudo-meta Sentient Mimic shard organizes dance party on Stratos Relay as system burns! You know, headlines and callbacks to Eyes of Blight, win-win!

10 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Or the other way around where you enter the Plane of Duvri halfway through and when you come back....the wars in the end stages. 

I bet that was the original plan either your idea or the one above but with working from home having to delay Planes until 2021,that plan is 99.9% changed.