Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Force Start in groups..... this is just a big fat nope!

-HG-Lair360

While playing murmur / lich hunting with a few random groups, it was great. Some say "brb. need to take a drink" - "I need to quickly forma this" - "I need to change frame". For me I support that and do something too and wait for them to get ready. BUT.... you know... there is always that one person.... sigh.... "force start" and ticked me off, so does a few others.

A few days later, its the same. in group... Force start... don't you get it? Somone says he needs to get a drink! He will be right back!

So when I am in this group and they force start, I just say "I am going to find a new group after this round". Enough is enough. I don't support this practice of force start without a reason. At least say something like "I am going to force start."

*facepalm*

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

You have the options to play solo, friends only or invite only. 

This not about the type of mode. He did get a team from recruit chat, but the host or anybody will force start, and i get that feeling.

15 minutes ago, -HG-Lair360 said:

A few days later, its the same. in group... Force start... don't you get it? Someone says he needs to get a drink! He will be right back!

Just need multi language i think, in my server, people do not understand English as much....
Communication is key, and respect is state of mind

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, -HG-Lair360 said:

While playing murmur / lich hunting with a few random groups, it was great. Some say "brb. need to take a drink" - "I need to quickly forma this" - "I need to change frame". For me I support that and do something too and wait for them to get ready. BUT.... you know... there is always that one person.... sigh.... "force start" and ticked me off, so does a few others.

A few days later, its the same. in group... Force start... don't you get it? Somone says he needs to get a drink! He will be right back!

So when I am in this group and they force start, I just say "I am going to find a new group after this round". Enough is enough. I don't support this practice of force start without a reason. At least say something like "I am going to force start."

*facepalm*

1 - what prevents u from leaving?
2 - if someone force start that would mean waiting for u is just waste of time since rest of the squad can manage
3 - waiting for u to be back with ur drink and press ready? yeah that sounds like fun
4 - if u dont wanna get force start play solo simple as that

i force start every sortie mission i play and i meet ppl like u and they are like wtf cant u wait why force start?
and im like wait for what? i dont need ur help to do this mission and ur free to leave at any time so whats ur problem?
and they are like it would be nice to wait for others to press ready
and then i reply with yeah thx but no thx im not here to waste my time if u wanna waste ur hit leave do what u want to do and go find other squad

it does not need to be nice or friendly what i wrote but just think about it for a moment
is wasting other players time just cause u need to get a drink or forma ur stuff ok?

and on top of that me u or any1 else came to warframe to play or wait?

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Aoennor said:

This not about the type of mode. He did get a team from recruit chat, but the host or anybody will force start, and i get that feeling.

Selection of friends. Force starts happens when people are not communicating or being desperate. If you want a coordinated team, first know your partners. He can use a mic too. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

1 - what prevents u from leaving?
2 - if someone force start that would mean waiting for u is just waste of time since rest of the squad can manage
3 - waiting for u to be back with ur drink and press ready? yeah that sounds like fun
4 - if u dont wanna get force start play solo simple as that

i force start every sortie mission i play and i meet ppl like u and they are like wtf cant u wait why force start?
and im like wait for what? i dont need ur help to do this mission and ur free to leave at any time so whats ur problem?
and they are like it would be nice to wait for others to press ready
and then i reply with yeah thx but no thx im not here to waste my time if u wanna waste ur hit leave do what u want to do and go find other squad

it does not need to be nice or friendly what i wrote but just think about it for a moment
is wasting other players time just cause u need to get a drink or forma ur stuff ok?

and on top of that me u or any1 else came to warframe to play or wait?

What prevents you from playing solo? Stop forcing 3 of 4 people to do what you want when your argument is that you can do it by yourself. They want to have fun too. I can do sorties by myself as well but never force start because I am not that selfish.

• Like 26

Force-start (FS) is usually bad etiquette, especially if others are still re-gearing. If FS is specifically asked for to get around the button delay (as I will do) or someone says they're AFC atm but will catch up, let it pass.

On accident, I say apologize if you did it; from the opposite end, let it slide (if accidental) but be prepared for a different workload.

Edited by (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk
  • Like 2

At the same time it's a useful ability for pre-made groups and in the occasional case where mission vote bugs out. There is no reason for it to get the axe just because some people choose to be rude.

However even if it was just to be disabled for pubs (which the lobby isn't really a pub anymore if you do more than one mission with the group but whatever) then you risk encountering the opposite issue of potentially three people needing to disband and find a new group or go through the hassle to reform because one person disappeared or is taking too long to come back.

If it needs changes then I'd say at most people who aren't in a lobby via a direct invite have a 20 second window where they can't force start but anyone invited to the squad can at any point. Making hard restrictions on this system just shifts the inconvenience onto people in other situations while making them too hard (remove force start entirely) would create many more issues than this can possibly solve.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

You say you don't need anyone with you to do the mission yet you choose to not solo it yourself.

vx9z0FT.gif  

• Like 14

31 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

You say you don't need anyone with you to do the mission yet you choose to not solo it yourself.

vx9z0FT.gif  

i dont need to explain it to u
that does not mean i dont want to

dont need and dont want are 2 different things
i just carry everyone alongside like i dont mind i can solo it why no one else should benefit from that?

5 hours ago, sitfesz said:

I would like an option to auto-leave groups after the mission is done, but if I'm in a squad with a friend, you have 5 seconds to leave.

Or a keybind/button to leave squads without having to press esc/options after every single run (quite annoying if you constantly run fissures). Extra annoying when the host leaves first as you're on the opening options animation to hit the leave squad button and get the host migration window anyway.

5 hours ago, BlackCat500 said:

What prevents you from playing solo? Stop forcing 3 of 4 people to do what you want when your argument is that you can do it by yourself. They want to have fun too. I can do sorties by myself as well but never force start because I am not that selfish.

nothing is preventing me i just choose to go with random ppl and carry them but that does not mean im willing to waste my time waiting for them
for example when there is is 2nd sortie with lets say bow only i dont wait for ppl to equip bow i just leave squad and start it with another random squad

but also i dont with random squad to eidolons and expecting them to know what to do or any special behavior so i dont understand why u expect random ppl to do anything u want?

u wanna ur squad do what u want go with friends or clan mates then u are free to complain they are stupid for not waiting for u
but as for randoms well who cares u need to forma something or go get a drink?

but let me put it this way

lets say ur in squad with me and u say brb i need to go get a drink
i know u wont be happy if i force start
but if i and 2 other squad members leave squad and u are left alone would that make u happy? since none of us would want to wait for u and that looks better option for u
but on other hand only difference would be that u would be left alone automatically instead of u leaving squad manually

so think what is ur problem here

1 minute ago, ZeroX4 said:

nothing is preventing me i just choose to go with random ppl and carry them but that does not mean im willing to waste my time waiting for them
for example when there is is 2nd sortie with lets say bow only i dont wait for ppl to equip bow i just leave squad and start it with another random squad

but also i dont with random squad to eidolons and expecting them to know what to do or any special behavior so i dont understand why u expect random ppl to do anything u want?

u wanna ur squad do what u want go with friends or clan mates then u are free to complain they are stupid for not waiting for u
but as for randoms well who cares u need to forma something or go get a drink?

but let me put it this way

lets say ur in squad with me and u say brb i need to go get a drink
i know u wont be happy if i force start
but if i and 2 other squad members leave squad and u are left alone would that make u happy? since none of us would want to wait for u and that looks better option for u
but on other hand only difference would be that u would be left alone automatically instead of u leaving squad manually

so think what is ur problem here

I would like it more than being forced started because then I will just look for a for a less impatient party. I won't have to go afk again because I just took careo f business. That said, the situation itself is a bit far fetched because I make sure to go do my stuff before heading into a party. Still, in the event that I would, being left alone is way better than having a choice forced on me just because someone can't wait 20 seconds for me to go fetch a water bottle from a few meters away.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, BlackCat500 said:

I would like it more than being forced started because then I will just look for a for a less impatient party. I won't have to go afk again because I just took careo f business. That said, the situation itself is a bit far fetched because I make sure to go do my stuff before heading into a party. Still, in the event that I would, being left alone is way better than having a choice forced on me just because someone can't wait 20 seconds for me to go fetch a water bottle from a few meters away.

so now its all clear
u would wish to be left alone instead being forced to leave mission that was started without ur input so u dont waste ur time on loading screen back to orbiter

but that shows its perfectly ok that other 3 squad members should be cool with wasting their time leaving u before mission inviting them self to new squad and selecting mission again

so ur time is valuable to u but others time is worthless
i dont understand how u can expect other treatment from others than as u threat them as it shows?

and pretty much thats why everyone should force start
dont like it just leave and dont cry
every1s day have 24h idk why piece of ur 24h should be more special for others
as i see now piece of their 24h means nothing to u

7 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

so now its all clear
u would wish to be left alone instead being forced to leave mission that was started without ur input so u dont waste ur time on loading screen back to orbiter

but that shows its perfectly ok that other 3 squad members should be cool with wasting their time leaving u before mission inviting them self to new squad and selecting mission again

so ur time is valuable to u but others time is worthless
i dont understand how u can expect other treatment from others than as u threat them as it shows?

and pretty much thats why everyone should force start
dont like it just leave and dont cry
every1s day have 24h idk why piece of ur 24h should be more special for others
as i see now piece of their 24h means nothing to u

Kindly check again what I said, or perhaps check it once in the first place. I wouldn't normally do that. I also implied with my first post that I would be willing to wait, unlike you. So I advised you in turn to go for a solo mission instead. There is certainly a certain amount of time that is okay for people to wait on another person. Are you supposed to wait an hour for someone? Hell no, but waiting just a few seconds or a minute is just somewhat unlikely to suddenly end your life and suddenly you've died full of regrets of having spent your last minute waiting for someone to get their drink. If that's happened to you, I'm sorry and I hope that you can pass on peacefully soon. Respond again without actually reading what I've said and I'm just going to assume you're baiting me into having an argument that wastes my time, ironically implying you like doing what you accused me of doing, in which case I shall just stop eating the bait and leave you be.

This isn't even just about maths, one minute of an afk person's time being three minutes of combined time worth from the rest of the party. It's about basic human compassion.

• Like 5

I have some friends who sometime needs to be away from computer for a second. For example, he needs to collect a parcel at the door and be back shortly. That is stuff he ordered!

So to tell you ZeroX4.... have some compassion....

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, BlackCat500 said:

Kindly check again what I said, or perhaps check it once in the first place. I wouldn't normally do that. I also implied with my first post that I would be willing to wait, unlike you. So I advised you in turn to go for a solo mission instead. There is certainly a certain amount of time that is okay for people to wait on another person. Are you supposed to wait an hour for someone? Hell no, but waiting just a few seconds or a minute is just somewhat unlikely to suddenly end your life and suddenly you've died full of regrets of having spent your last minute waiting for someone to get their drink. If that's happened to you, I'm sorry and I hope that you can pass on peacefully soon. Respond again without actually reading what I've said and I'm just going to assume you're baiting me into having an argument that wastes my time, ironically implying you like doing what you accused me of doing, in which case I shall just stop eating the bait and leave you be.

This isn't even just about maths, one minute of an afk person's time being three minutes of combined time worth from the rest of the party. It's about basic human compassion.

just for a moment consider option that NO ONE is going into random squad to wait for u 1 hour 1 min or 1 sec
we go there cause we wanna start mission and just do it

but i think if u dont get it by now u wont get it ever

anyhow
this is the answer to all ur issues

5 minutes ago, Uan91 said:

How is this a problem? 

• Like 1