Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Filtering for Public Groups

(PSN)Mr_ClapClap

Hey Ladys and Gents,

I'm MR24 right now, and I would very much appreciate it if you, as a player who has spent more than 20 hours in the game, have the option in public matchmaking to get a filter option to play a mission with equally good players. For example the following: I went through certain missions faster than someone who is just starting to play. That breaks the fun for me and the player, because the level difference is too big. This could avoid that both parties are stressed and then either play solo or only with clan members. This also includes events and other missions and game modes such as Eidolon hunting. It is currently the case that you never play on public to avoid that you join a mr 4 mag or excalibur during the eidolon hunt.

*fixed format

Best Regards

Clap

Edited by (PS4)Mr_ClapClap
Fixed format
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Mr_ClapClap said:

good players

Alas, a high Mastery Rank does not a good player make, it (too) often just means
they spent lots of time on Hydron etc rather than enjoying / learning about the rest of game.

But yeah, while I don't really mind waiting / slowing down for a newbie,
prioritizing similar MR for matchmaking could make a positive difference.

Getting a bit more wild, it'd also be neat if you could give minimum estimates on how long you're planning to run an endless mission
and get matched up accordingly, I miss the days when Defense missions going for more than 5-10 waves was kind of the standard.

• Like 3

You are absolutely right a high mr doesn't make a good player. But the MR value is the only measurability we have. Because how can you measure experience in the game and how do you want to set the value in the database. Not only MR filtering but various filtering in public matchmaking would make sense. I very much like it when I jump overpowered in a mission and destroy the boss with one blow because I forgot a farm a frame, I also destroy the fun of playing someone who makes the boss for the first time.

Host migration is always my nightmare.

I mean Filtering is only an option and this, and filter can be deactivated.

Mastery Rank doesn't mean that the player is skilled, can use his brain, or knows how to play the game. I've seen MR 28 with 300 hours of time played, and well, they had no mods, no knowledge of the games mechanics, and just knew a couple of missions (mainly Helene/Hydron/ESO). Thing is, you can PAY for Mastery Rank ; you can't pay for experience and talent. And even MR 28 with thousands of hours can be quiet bad at the game. And some other people stay stuck at MR15-16 because they don't consider grinding additionnal MR would be worth the effort, while being quite skilled and smart.

I understand it may be frustrating to play with "underleveled newbs" ; but you seem to forget that you were a noob too, once, and got carried by higher MR without even noticing. That's selective memory. Now that you are getting into higher MR and would like to enjoy better squad, I can only suggest grouping with people you know, irl, from your clan, or from the recruit channel.

Having this kind of option would be a bad thing for the game ; selective group finding would divide the community and could make grouping really hard. You could set your matchmaking to MR 24 and higher, but people setting their matchmaking to MR 25 or higher will never join your group.

• Like 4

hace 22 minutos, NinjaZeku dijo:

Alas, a high Mastery Rank does not a good player make, it (too) often just means
they spent lots of time on Hydron etc rather than enjoying / learning about the rest of game.

But yeah, while I don't really mind waiting / slowing down for a newbie,
prioritizing similar MR for matchmaking could make a positive difference.

Getting a bit more wild, it'd also be neat if you could give minimum estimates on how long you're planning to run an endless mission
and get matched up accordingly, I miss the days when Defense missions going for more than 5-10 waves was kind of the standard.

Erm actualy... MR test are a thing... and for better or worse some skill is needed there.

hace 15 minutos, 2old4gamez dijo:

Elitism.

No.

As a player with 'over 20 hours in the game' you should know how to create a squad that suits your needs. Problem solved with minimum posturing.

How he frased it may be considered elitism, but he's right. A player with ignis , saryin runing around the map while the new player with his mk braton and excalibur tries to find something to shoot at, doesn't sound fun. Or the oposite, sponge boss fight ( nightwave 1 comes to mind) 1 mr 18+ player rest mr 5 ... ye gl hf.

I've had MR8-9 people in 3x3 Eidolon Pugs who were better at MR20s. The worst was one MR22 at the time who couldn't reach the Eidolon Altar in the middle of the lake because "I don't have any more Archwing charges" (when it was a thing). He didn't know how to bulletjump or Operator dash apparently.

All in all, no. At best, an opt-in filter for newcomers to not be grouped with too-high MR guys who ruin their fun by rushing, but nothing automatic, and particularly not a Filtering for VETS to avoid newcomers. What kind of elitism is that even ? Make your own group if you so despise newcomers who dare waste your so-precious time.

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 1

hace 24 minutos, dwqrf dijo:

Mastery Rank doesn't mean that the player is skilled, can use his brain, or knows how to play the game. I've seen MR 28 with 300 hours of time played, and well, they had no mods, no knowledge of the games mechanics, and just knew a couple of missions (mainly Helene/Hydron/ESO). Thing is, you can PAY for Mastery Rank ; you can't pay for experience and talent. And even MR 28 with thousands of hours can be quiet bad at the game. And some other people stay stuck at MR15-16 because they don't consider grinding additionnal MR would be worth the effort, while being quite skilled and smart.

I understand it may be frustrating to play with "underleveled newbs" ; but you seem to forget that you were a noob too, once, and got carried by higher MR without even noticing. That's selective memory. Now that you are getting into higher MR and would like to enjoy better squad, I can only suggest grouping with people you know, irl, from your clan, or from the recruit channel.

Having this kind of option would be a bad thing for the game ; selective group finding would divide the community and could make grouping really hard. You could set your matchmaking to MR 24 and higher, but people setting their matchmaking to MR 25 or higher will never join your group.

Erm MR 28 with 300 hours ? With no mods... Don't troll post pls. 

The only payment you can do in this game is getting the gear and a boost in the exp gain... you still have to lev your things up and if you never found the " have been playing for more than 1 hour" message annoying then you are speaking to the players that play just like you. [Edit1] Don't forget about the gear you actually can't instantly buy...

What is all this talent and smarts you are talking about? I bet you main what ever is the flavour of the month(don't be sour about the bramma bro, it will be ok...) while coming here preaching about helene/hydron/ and the many others that actually exist (but seeing how you don't know of them i won't be the one to tell you).

Edited by kaotis
edit1

vor 8 Minuten schrieb JoJoshuee_DesK:

Mr 24 and don't you know how to create a squad?

Sure, but do you want to looking everytime in the chat to create a new squad if you want play mission ?

I see people who search over 30mins for an squad..this can be bypassed with an filtering system.

Best Regards

Clap

il y a 21 minutes, kaotis a dit :

Erm MR 28 with 300 hours ? With no mods... Don't troll post pls. 

The only payment you can do in this game is getting the gear and a boost in the exp gain... you still have to lev your things up and if you never found the " have been playing for more than 1 hour" message annoying then you are speaking to the players that play just like you. [Edit1] Don't forget about the gear you actually can't instantly buy...

What is all this talent and smarts you are talking about? I bet you main what ever is the flavour of the month(don't be sour about the bramma bro, it will be ok...) while coming here preaching about helene/hydron/ and the many others that actually exist (but seeing how you don't know of them i won't be the one to tell you).

Calm down.

And yes, there is MR 28 out there with only 300 of in-game time. They exist. And with so few hours, they only got carried in Hydron/ESO and didn't have a chance to drop a lot of specifics mods (or to learn any mechanics). And there isn't that much gear you CAN'T buy. Make a list if you'd like.

And talent and smart would be something like having a positive pvp kd, for example. Not something you'd know.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mr_ClapClap said:

Hey Ladys and Gents,

I'm MR24 right now, and I would very much appreciate it if you, as a player who has spent more than 20 hours in the game, have the option in public matchmaking to get a filter option to play a mission with equally good players. For example the following: I went through certain missions faster than someone who is just starting to play. That breaks the fun for me and the player, because the level difference is too big. This could avoid that both parties are stressed and then either play solo or only with clan members. This also includes events and other missions and game modes such as Eidolon hunting. It is currently the case that you never play on public to avoid that you join a mr 4 mag or excalibur during the eidolon hunt.

*fixed format

Best Regards

Clap

Hell no. It is nothing but disgusting. Can you suggest something that doesn't makes the others sick?

The funny thing is, What Mastery Rank prove is how many equipments the player have used. It doesn't connected to the player's actual power level or personality at all. It is not possible to assured that I am the better player than MR 25 or less, for example.

If you really think that MR have actual meaning other than the vanity(and petty daily reps caps & basic capacity, that is actually helpful for sometimes), then just shut up, for you are only have MR 24 and I am a MR 26 Tenno.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

Sure you can filter me out, but would you like to give me a database value that can be implemented to ensure reliable filtering? All other values for "strength" determination is a disaster in terms of development.

Here is an example Successful mission + playing time + X = Y? Or how would you calculate it so that it doesn't become so prone to errors? Please describe it to me.

Mastery Rank is a fixed value that cannot change every minute. Damn it has nothing to do with vanity, it's just about database values ...

Games like The Division have an GearScore and Mission have diffrent GS Requirements, is is also an Filter. 

Kind Regards

Clap

Only viable choices are on the filtering option. Mastery Rank is not an eligible option at all. It doesn't affects your warframe/weapon's ranks. It doesn't affects your gameplay performances at all. Don't compare it with the totally different concept in the game.

il y a 2 minutes, (PS4)Mr_ClapClap a dit :

reliable filtering?

That's the issue. It's just not possible in Warframe, unless they create some league with some Elo. MR is just time spent, and can vary depending where you play, and with or without booster, solo or in public, and so on.

il y a 1 minute, SpicyDinosaur a dit :

I highly doubt that. Grinding up that much mastery would take more than 300 hours.

After talking with another streamer I trust, the best he saw was MR 28+ (almost 29) with 270 hours. It IS possible, given the correct set up, carry, and money. I know it's hard to believe . I was surprised too the first time I checked such profil. Sadly, I can't find you a name of a link. You are free not to believe me, but I have simply no reason to lie about that.

6 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

After talking with another streamer I trust, the best he saw was MR 28+ (almost 29) with 270 hours. It IS possible, given the correct set up, carry, and money. I know it's hard to believe . I was surprised too the first time I checked such profil. Sadly, I can't find you a name of a link. You are free not to believe me, but I have simply no reason to lie about that.

I don't believe you are lying, I just don't believe it's possible.

Especially since some of the weapons etc are gated and can't even be bought to hasten things.

At max MR exp for non-founders atm and some of the weapons I have would not be available to people with only 300 hours. I mean, I can't prove it. I guess they could have only been playing when those weapons were avialable and then grinding right away but it just doesn't add up.

hace 1 hora, dwqrf dijo:

And talent and smart would be something like having a positive pvp kd, for example. Not something you'd know.

You do know that pvp is a joke right now right? And if you enjoy "playing" the waiting game to get another soul in a mach that's good for your, hope you augment your skill at fighting MR 5 players that hit it by mistake.

Or grab some friends and beg them to let you kil them, not that you'd know that surely.

Edited by kaotis