Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With stasis gone are you going to use your pets more often now?

Well, I'll certainly bring Sekhmet (Adarza) and Shub-Niggurath (Helminth) on missions more, since due to my special "Ownership" rules, they are supposed to be paired up with my Khora and Saryn, respectively. Because of the stasis mechanic, I've just been too lazy to run any pet other than Lakshmi (Smeeta). Now that's out of the way, hurray.

Still gonna mostly run with Sentinels like Dethcube Prime, Carrier Prime and Helios Prime. Also, still dunno what I'm gonna do with Lilith (Vasca).

3 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Bad shape how? If you're talking about sentinels being able to revive you and pets can't, I can see that.

However, I've noticed pets tend to take a great deal more damage and unlike sentinels, don't die immediately. In most missions, my sentinels get killed by stray gunfire a lot earlier than my smeeta even when enemies are targeting them. By the time they run out of revives from the mod, my pet's still alive and fighting. Additionally, pets have more utility function compared to sentinels. Smeeta is great for double exp/loot which stacks with other doubled modifiers, making kuva farms that much more profitable. They also give 100% orange crits for several seconds, instant reload, etc. Moas can provide a range of utilities like the bullet shield that slows projectiles or lowers damage taken from them.

No pet will stay alive in an arbitration after 40min. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

You can revive smeeta in arbitrations...? 

Don't know where my mind was there, had to check and confirm if Arbitration ignores bleedout for pets which it indeed does. My bad.

Still, unless you're using a Djinn which limits utility, all pets are going to die in Arbitration regardless. That particular sentinel is only going to be useful for a few seconds every 90 seconds too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I know that regen and Djinn's revival precept don't work together, and I want to say when I tested it that was true of sacrifice, as well. But I can't 100% confirm my suspicions.

I recall during Hostile Mergers I had a setup that prevented my Djinn from perma death, might not still be working though. If you want to try it out, here's the build I used mate, 8.5 hour run and I still had my Djinn, probably died a hundred times.
djinn.png?width=1055&height=350

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

18 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

To get the zenistar disc to last longer slap a body count, the disc timer scale with your combo counter

Yeh I know that trick, just not the same as before though sadly. Pet couldn't die back then with Pack Leader and Zenistar.

9 hours ago, Orblit said:

The same amount as I did before..always

More a question of what will I do with all these DNA stabilizers 

I'll be putting those on the shelf next to the couple hundred archwing launchers, kappa/gamma beacons, x10 health/energy/shield/ammo blueprints, and the broken ammo drum mod.

Probably just a little more,

This definitely helps but there really is no "incentive" to use anything other than smeeta for most players.

And for others to stick to their own preferred pets that compliment their playstyle and niches (Djinn to revive , Vasca for the same , Carrier for the hungry weapons , Adarza for those that like big numbers) other pets are really not all that useful.

No accounting for taste of course , some people are just gonna run something cause it looks good / they like it and even such players will just stick to what they already have.

In short: A good change but not quite there to make more pets viable.

15 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Nope, my sentinels are way better and have no stupid AI attached to them.

That.

Sentinels attack far more often than living pets do and are much more effective at inflicting procs on the enemy. Moas can do that as well, but they're ruined by the same terrible AI which plagues all pets and for some stupid reason, you can only give them 2 "ability" cards.

The only time I ever had a problem with my sentinel dying was back when I went eidolon hunting. The only time it ever takes damage is either from poison clouds or on the vanishingly rare occasion when I get hit by enough simultaneous explosions to deplete Wyrm's 740 shields.

The only time I ever use a pet is if I'm trying to get loot from enemies solo, where I kill with a hydroid and have an abomination chesa for its cheap Chinese knockoff desecrate-style imitation ability.

16 hours ago, Galuf said:

Pets are in a pretty bad shape atm but for players that are still grinding stuff, having kubrow or kavaat loot on demand is nice. They really need a big rework. The ultimate pet experience is sadly Djinn.

Eh... kavats are in a good place really.  You can choose either the powerful RNG buff, or the weaker but consistent buff.  

Kubrows are junk.  I use mine because the content I regularly run doesn't need anything but a meaty hound that occasionally eats someone's face, but they really need to condense the breeds down and make universal some of their abilities.  Like the Chesa and Sahasa?  They can go.  Dig, Ferocity, Neutralize, and Retrieve are abilities any kubrow/dog should be able to do, with one ability kind of rendered moot (retrieve,) or plain inferior to another (ferocity vs Sunika's savagery ability.)  The Huras (stealth) Raksa (defense) and Sunika (attack) all fill their own niche rather well, they're just missing those extra universal abilities like what the Kavats get to enjoy.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

23 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Bad shape how? If you're talking about sentinels being able to revive you and pets can't, I can see that.

However, I've noticed pets tend to take a great deal more damage and unlike sentinels, don't die immediately. In most missions, my sentinels get killed by stray gunfire a lot earlier than my smeeta even when enemies are targeting them. By the time they run out of revives from the mod, my pet's still alive and fighting. Additionally, pets have more utility function compared to sentinels. Smeeta is great for double exp/loot which stacks with other doubled modifiers, making kuva farms that much more profitable. They also give 100% orange crits for several seconds, instant reload, etc. Moas can provide a range of utilities like the bullet shield that slows projectiles or lowers damage taken from them.

*Laughs in Vasca Kavat*

To be fair i only use my Vasca kavat on wisp, 

and my kavat have no X healin on melee mods at all. All his healing comes from wisps 1, or its vampire bite. The damned thing is a true vampire, after reaching its 3'rd forma, it hasnt died once.