Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With stasis gone are you going to use your pets more often now?

Big thing im looking foward for the update coming to consoles is that stasis( and dna degradation) is finally gone! I can quickly access my pets and put them on my loadouts with out slowly swapping each one out, and i can use all the lotus kubrows that I painstakingly bred.

But what about everyone else? Are you going to use your pets that been locked away in stasis or bred some new pets as you avoided them initially avoided due to the slow swap times and dna upkeep?

Pets are in a pretty bad shape atm but for players that are still grinding stuff, having kubrow or kavaat loot on demand is nice. They really need a big rework. The ultimate pet experience is sadly Djinn.

6 minutes ago, Galuf said:

Pets are in a pretty bad shape atm but for players that are still grinding stuff, having kubrow or kavaat loot on demand is nice. They really need a big rework. The ultimate pet experience is sadly Djinn.

Bad shape how? If you're talking about sentinels being able to revive you and pets can't, I can see that.

However, I've noticed pets tend to take a great deal more damage and unlike sentinels, don't die immediately. In most missions, my sentinels get killed by stray gunfire a lot earlier than my smeeta even when enemies are targeting them. By the time they run out of revives from the mod, my pet's still alive and fighting. Additionally, pets have more utility function compared to sentinels. Smeeta is great for double exp/loot which stacks with other doubled modifiers, making kuva farms that much more profitable. They also give 100% orange crits for several seconds, instant reload, etc. Moas can provide a range of utilities like the bullet shield that slows projectiles or lowers damage taken from them.

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 1

Yes, but I heard breeding a pet still makes them unavailable in your loadouts for the breeding duration (24 hours?). If that's correct that needs to go as well, especially for newer players who still need to breed their first pet of each type and also in light of the whole pet trait inheritance system they plan to add. If I can't use my pets as long as I'm combining traits and such via breeding that'll be a major "f that scummy plat drain mechanic" for me.

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem

Personally, I don't think so. I use my Carrier and Shotgun combo to just add some more damage to my kit, since I don't really always have the best equipment on (catching up on Mastery after playing passively for 4 years now). 

The pets don't really interest me, ability wise. They aren't the best at killing stuff I need dead (Nox, heavies), and also there's no real way to control them as far as I am aware. The changes are welcome of course; gives people the ability to use pets without resource penalties. 

My Helminth will probably go from never be used to sometimes getting used lol.....

1. Smeeta (dont need random resources anymore really but I definately miss having one when im hunting/fishing or doing boss fights for toroids)
  2. Adarza I only just recently started using this after giving up smeeta. Cant really notice a difference in my crits..
  3. Dethcube+energy generator.  I am using arcane energize now so this can be super useful.  But AE seems to work just fine without needing Dethcube.
  4. Moa+hack precept.  I like this for spy missions with ivara.  When I first started using this jupiter just got remastered and my moa would only care about hacking the main terminal.. He would run through every door, run past every enemy and just instantly get the terminal for me.   That did not last long though or work in other places.  But its still nice not to hack stuff.     I doubt he works in sorties but I should try on rescues lol.  
  5.  Whatever sentinel+no weapon just to see enemies and pick up loot when im leveling up stuff. 

I wish we could have two pets on all frames.  One for utility, one for actual combat.   

Il y a 2 heures, Pizzarugi a dit :

Bad shape how? If you're talking about sentinels being able to revive you and pets can't, I can see that.

However, I've noticed pets tend to take a great deal more damage and unlike sentinels, don't die immediately. In most missions, my sentinels get killed by stray gunfire a lot earlier than my smeeta even when enemies are targeting them. By the time they run out of revives from the mod, my pet's still alive and fighting. Additionally, pets have more utility function compared to sentinels. Smeeta is great for double exp/loot which stacks with other doubled modifiers, making kuva farms that much more profitable. They also give 100% orange crits for several seconds, instant reload, etc. Moas can provide a range of utilities like the bullet shield that slows projectiles or lowers damage taken from them.

Moa, Kubrow and Kavaats have very nice precepts, I have no issue with that. The issue is that they will die if you are not meleeing. I have a maxed Kavaat build with lots of formas, it actually dies very easily if I'm not playing toward making him survive(aka playing a tanky frame AND meleeing). I invested a lot in it, the survival of these pets is limited even highly invested on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Djinn can be setup to never stop reviving and also has a chance to revive you plus a few other tricks.

I know that regen and Djinn's revival precept don't work together, and I want to say when I tested it that was true of sacrifice, as well. But I can't 100% confirm my suspicions.

No, not at all. I hate cats and none of the dogs offer anything of actual use to me or the way I play. Their AI is also terrible, and I still hate their survivability needing to be based so heavily on your own frame's health and armor. The amount of EHP I need to survive is very different from what a braindead facetanking melee pet needs, especially when accounting for all of the possible personal DR abilities that the pet won't have.

not that sentinel survivability is well conceived either now, they die instantly every time you use operator mode or to AOEs too.

• Like 2