Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE STEEL PATH! Upcoming 'Hard Mode'.

[DE]Rebecca

4 hours ago, xRufus7x said:

I agree and say as much but we aren't talking about that. We are talking about the lore connection and if Teshin is suited lore wise for this. As Teshin is about challenging the Tenno to improve their martial skill through challenging them, he makes perfect sense for this.

They are also at their core gameplay mechanics. Things like revives didn't have lore for years and Specters just got lore in the last update but their presence in the game wasn't any less appreciated prior to that. Mods aren't explained in lore yet they are a core part of Warframe. Same with arcanes. Lore is important for creating a world yes, but it isn't the end all. Gameplay can exist without a lore justification just as lore can exist without a direct gameplay tie in.

They rotate once an hour and if you are in an arbitration and a new one starts while you are in it will skip that one for you. THis means your coldown is anywhere between nothing and an hour.

Fine, but that isn't the goal of this update.

Literally you don't know one way or another.

There is more then one way to play the game and a wide arsenal to tweak and play around with, as well as a number of potentially viable frame builds.People wanted the option to test these builds against higher level enemies in actual missions and DE is giving them that. It really isn't more complex then that. Maybe this content just isn't for you.

If this offered gimmicks that existed as challenges; like these enemies imitate sentient now; this situation has falling meteorites or infested attacking everyone, doppelgangers or interface screws mucking with our normal play; and learning to get around that; I would agree. Teshin would be teaching us to deal and adapt to something. Making the enemies higher level is not that. Its frankly something any player who has been doing endless or a sortie already is well acquainted to. Weird, I recall revives or rather Lotus remotely flooding our systems with energy as being in one of the earlier trailers, at least since the end of closed beta. Even had a tool tip. So not years, but I couldn't tell you for closed. Lore is the world, lore is what makes the game unique instead of just another exercise.

I get the feeling that you don't have much solid ground for your reasoning, so lets just leave it at you hope it will be good (even though its just raising levels) and I will continue to live with actually doing missions and playing the game.

On 2020-06-25 at 11:01 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

- intended to be associated with the nebulous ‘end game’ topic.

Do you have any intentions on providing an endgame?

If not, I think nerfing is a pretty good idea right about now. You used to hit frames all the time, trying to enforce the idea that you don't want players to have a press-4-to-win experience, but now it dominates most team comps.

On 2020-06-25 at 11:01 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

- tiered. We are providing one 100+ level pass to be cognizant of matchmaking for our first iteration.

I'm hoping this will be one of many. Since the nerf to enemy scaling, they're easier than ever to kill yet little is done to curb players' access to power. I don't even think level 100-160+ enemies are going to be that threatening to veterans. I expect this will just be an extension of the game becoming a walking simulator as the same nuke frames spam 1 or 4 until extraction otherwise. The only difference is you now get twice as much affinity and resources, so that's cool I guess.

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

it kinda explains itself to be not a great solution.

It is not meant to be a solution to that problem but you greatly overestimate the damage it will do. There could be a million nodes, 200 difficulty tiers, 50 new Akkads with only slight variances and  in all of that people will still find the most efficient nodes and congregate there. The reason other nodes are dead is because what they offer is offered somewhere else better not because there aren't enough players to spread around the star map. Right now there are 39k players on Steam alone that is 180+ players per node on the star chart yet we congrregate as always on a few select nodes. Adding additional tiers would not change that behavior.

2 hours ago, Urlan said:

If this offered gimmicks that existed as challenges; like these enemies imitate sentient now; this situation has falling meteorites or infested attacking everyone, doppelgangers or interface screws mucking with our normal play; and learning to get around that; I would agree. Teshin would be teaching us to deal and adapt to something.

Again, the lore presentation of the mode vs it just being scaled up levels. It is named The Steel Path for a reason and Teshin wanting us to face tougher enemies as training makes sense given his previous focus on in combat skill. That won't always translate directly to gameplay though as Warframe is not a high skill game. Within the setting it makes sense even if the gameplay does not always reflect that. Similar to how the Tenno are elite soldiers who practice various philosophies, have extensive combat experience spanning potentially hundreds of years but most of the time players can't even act as a cohesive squad in mission and run around chaotically shooting everything without the slightest regard to skill or strategy.

2 hours ago, Urlan said:

Weird, I recall revives or rather Lotus remotely flooding our systems with energy as being in one of the earlier trailers,

The first canon mention of revives is in Mirage's quest. The trailer shows some sort of power up sequence but there is no indication that it is related to the revive system.

2 hours ago, Urlan said:

Even had a tool tip.

Tool tips are not related to lore. They are there to explain game mechanics.

2 hours ago, Urlan said:

I get the feeling that you don't have much solid ground for your reasoning,

I could say the same. You have been repeating the same few things with mild variation for a while now without actually adding anything while I have continued to explain my point of view. 

On 2020-06-25 at 12:01 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

intended to be associated with the nebulous ‘end game’ topic.

May I ask why not?

There's obviously demand for harder challenges, but that's really all that most of us want when we're asking for "end game"

A challenge for more advanced players with powerful loadouts offering unique rewards. That's basically what "end game" is... and honestly, I'd love it if the devs would give us players a real "heart to heart" talk on their feelings about end game and why the devs are giving it such a hard pass. Even if we disagree with their decisions and feelings on the matter, being open about it would stave off any hard feelings us players may have as a result. Do you just have a specific definition for "end game" that doesn't jive with what you find interesting for the game? Is there something specific about it that you're trying to avoid, like a pro/con situation in terms of design? Is there just a specific vision for it that you're not ready to put in, or would be difficult? It would just be really nice to have some understanding of this.

I think it would be good for a positive relationship between devs and the playerbase if this topic is simply talked about openly. It does nobody good to ignore it.

Separate question:

On 2020-06-25 at 12:01 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Higher Difficulty Series of content that rewards exclusive cosmetic decorations, emotes, and mastery.
An extra layer of opportunity for players to use their powerful gear to take on threats at a higher level without having to wait in missions for long periods of time.

Is there any further detail on this, or is this still in concept mode? Or is this like a "This is going to be your next update, when it's done" but it's all been figured out design wise, and we should expect it reasonably soon? With, of course, more detail once we get there?

Because, to be absolutely clear... giving us just level 100 versions of current gameplay isn't particularly exciting....

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have even that, rather than not. It's just... I want more interesting gameplay than having to play the same old missions we always play, but "Oh, the enemies have more HP and hit like a truck!" I want more than *just* that. I know that's a lot to ask for, but one of my complaints about the lower level star charts isn't just how easy the enemies are, but how simple the objectives are.
Racing through a Capture map to ignore all enemies but for that one target gets a little stale, no matter the level.

Who's Teshin? As far as I know he is just some dude that randomly showed up one day pretending like he's my long lost uncle that totally trained me like back in the day you know when he and I did that one thing... with the stuff... together... I guess?

Sigh... I'm feeling so bad, why Warframe doesn't love me as much as I love the game? I was so excited about the Steel Path, I woke up at 6.00 AM (Europe) just to check inbox for mails and when I saw I was rejected for keys, all hype I had turned into sadness.

Now I'm raging about the way people is chosen and I don't wanna know anything about it, I'll close Youtube and Twitch until patch comes out because people will just rush to make videos and streams before anyone else. I'm sad.

8 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Do you have any intentions on providing an endgame?

If not, I think nerfing is a pretty good idea right about now. You used to hit frames all the time, trying to enforce the idea that you don't want players to have a press-4-to-win experience, but now it dominates most team comps.

I'm hoping this will be one of many. Since the nerf to enemy scaling, they're easier than ever to kill yet little is done to curb players' access to power. I don't even think level 100-160+ enemies are going to be that threatening to veterans. I expect this will just be an extension of the game becoming a walking simulator as the same nuke frames spam 1 or 4 until extraction otherwise. The only difference is you now get twice as much affinity and resources, so that's cool I guess.

The game has endgame. 

+ high Level content 
+ content that is at the end of the game (fully modded, riven'd out, forma'd out, Good base weapons,  Prime warframes)

How is this NOT end game content. It's not like there isn't something to do as a high level player, It's just that at the end of the game, a lot of these modes do not feel rewarding enough.

They say this isn't end game stuff, but it clearly fits the description of end game.

The issue with end game as well is that players can find it hard to seek out to grind end game challenges, because you can become extremely strong without grinding the end game content. Once you have your favorite primary, secondary, melee and a few warframes forma'd and decked out and all the mods you need, there isn't really much to do besides chase "side grades"

18 hours ago, paulogabbi said:

yeah it need to provide better or more rewards because no one is going to do a mode how do not reward you in any way, not even tryhards

Actually tryhards are asking for it to have no rewards just to ''porve'' that the only thing they want is ''Hard and challenging content'' but after 4 or 5 days maybe even less none gonna do it cuz it's not ''rewarding enough for the challenge'' those Hypocrites gonna kill this game i swear 

1 hour ago, Hardenum said:

this better have some armor cosmetics, otherwise I'll pass.

or maybe a place where we can actually farm for

Nitain Extract

instead of a boring ghoul event that i see no body does or NW

What about rewards, tho?

And no, "rewards exclusive cosmetic decorations, emotes, and mastery" are not rewards. Cosmetic are fine for those who care about them (and have not maxed capacity on their ships), not even gonna comment on emotes and mastery is the most useless thing in the game, as there is little to no content mastery locked and you have no benefit for having a high MR. (more void traces, wow)

Archived