Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE STEEL PATH! Upcoming 'Hard Mode'.

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, Nez-Kal said:

Because PvP in Warframe is, just, the absolute worse, and there's about 16 to 20 "Conclave Gods" who control the system, and entering into a match with one of them (And seeing as they're the only ones more or less online, you're going to constantly be in a match with at least one of them) is an absolute nightmare and just leaves you feeling like garbage because all your other gaming PvP skills don't seem to matter sh*t here.

Guess how they got good? Getting stomped by others. I have yet to meet these PvP gods, but I die excessively with or without it. Also, that doesn't really answer my point. You just don't want to play PvP but thing you are owed the rewards for it anyway. I don't care who dominates it, if you aren't going to participate in something like that, accept that things it involves won't be accessible to you.

Who plays PvP in any game and expects not to get smushed early on? PvP in Warframe does actually require some skill.  

And also those great cosmetics you see... well most of them have effects based on the amount of daily and weekly objectives you've completed or people you've killed, anyway.

15 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Guess how they got good? Getting stomped by others. I have yet to meet these PvP gods, but I die excessively with or without it. Also, that doesn't really answer my point. You just don't want to play PvP but thing you are owed the rewards for it anyway. I don't care who dominates it, if you aren't going to participate in something like that, accept that things it involves won't be accessible to you.

Who plays PvP in any game and expects not to get smushed early on? PvP in Warframe does actually require some skill.  

And also those great cosmetics you see... well most of them have effects based on the amount of daily and weekly objectives you've completed or people you've killed, anyway.

I mean, you asked "Why?", and I answered Why. You don't gotta take up the roll of Gatekeeper here and assume I'm someone who's never truly tried and prospered in the Conclave, yo. x'D

And yeah, I know about the Syandana and its requirements. Not sure how that single item counts as "Most of them". That's why I only use my weapon skins now, until better Tennogen come out for them.

5 minutes ago, Nez-Kal said:

I mean, you asked "Why?", and I answered Why. You don't gotta take up the roll of Gatekeeper here and assume I'm someone who's never truly tried and prospered in the Conclave, yo. x'D

And yeah, I know about the Syandana and its requirements. Not sure how that single item counts as "Most of them". That's why I only use my weapon skins now, until better Tennogen come out for them.

Then why are you making the request? If you have done well at conclave (which your last post made it sound as if you didn't) then what is the problem? You should definitely know that there's nothing there that non-pvp players need to have.

8 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Then why are you making the request? If you have done well at conclave (which your last post made it sound as if you didn't) then what is the problem? You should definitely know that there's nothing there that non-pvp players need to have.

......Brah.....When did I make the Request? Yo, like.....ANYWHERE. When did I say "I want Conclave Standing given to me through other activities!". XD XD xD XD

You asked "Why y'all like this?!" and I answered the VERY obvious question to "Why they like this".

If you want my PERSONAL opinions:

- "Conclave is Conclave, and Conclave has its niche set of Rewards for anyone who even bothers to Conclave"

- "Conclave is hot garbage and the moment I got some of the Mods/Sigils/Skins I wanted, I was out for the most part and have only occasionally revisited the PvP since, buuuuuut if I see one of the Gods in there, I just Nope out cause there's not even a point in playing Sheep to the Slaughter for them"

- "You can't GiT GUd when you play against these Gods cause you can't even bullet jump or get a shot off before they snipe you and move on to snipe you again in 8 seconds"

Yeah, I might revisit Conclave now cause you reminded me "Oh yeah, I use the Daikyu now....I should probably get that skin", but once I get what I want out of it, I'm staying out of it for another couple months.

1 hour ago, Nez-Kal said:

......Brah.....When did I make the Request? Yo, like.....ANYWHERE. When did I say "I want Conclave Standing given to me through other activities!". XD XD xD XD

You asked "Why y'all like this?!" and I answered the VERY obvious question to "Why they like this".

If you want my PERSONAL opinions:

- "Conclave is Conclave, and Conclave has its niche set of Rewards for anyone who even bothers to Conclave"

- "Conclave is hot garbage and the moment I got some of the Mods/Sigils/Skins I wanted, I was out for the most part and have only occasionally revisited the PvP since, buuuuuut if I see one of the Gods in there, I just Nope out cause there's not even a point in playing Sheep to the Slaughter for them"

- "You can't GiT GUd when you play against these Gods cause you can't even bullet jump or get a shot off before they snipe you and move on to snipe you again in 8 seconds"

Yeah, I might revisit Conclave now cause you reminded me "Oh yeah, I use the Daikyu now....I should probably get that skin", but once I get what I want out of it, I'm staying out of it for another couple months.

yes, and the pvp gods thing was part of your post. But surely you weren't complaining about the other stuff, just providing other peoples' opinions. (You are trying too hard at this.)

Also I'm not your "brah" not even a man.

Steel Path “Hard Mode” – would like to see:

Modifiers enabled on random enemies instead of all enemies from start allowing them to be a sort of elite mob instead of adding modifiers plus increased health to all enemies just cause… it is supposed to be hard should = longer TTK. Unique skins for elite mobs would be nice for identifying them easier in missions when they happen to spawn but perhaps in the future, they could iterate on that.

No opt-in requirement for players active liches and thralls. Instead they will always have a chance to spawn in any hard mode mission randomly.

Unique sortie style weekend type events for the steel path. Maybe once a week with some evergreen rewards and chance for any rare new mods implemented into the game and/or even skins.

*unique skins can add special modifier to player weapons like how rivens boost stats to their respective weapon (future idea for potential reward)

What I have seen that I like so far as follow:

-Increased spawn rates

-Increased starting level +100

From what I have seen by people who have posted their expereinces in 'Steel Path'... yeah... NO.
The Kuva Bit -ahem- LITCHes and their underlings are bad enough if you get RNG'd into having to do them at tier 5.  Bullet sponging a bunch of mooks for basic teir rewards or *gasp* a trophy?

I Think the Shy-One says it best.
(Beware of a metric F-tonne of pop-ups and adverts)
[DE]?
You out there listening?  You taking these testers (all the testers, not the ones being yes-men) suggestions seriously?
I hope so; because what I have been seeing thus far is unplayable and downright punishing and insulting content.   You ARE going to have to ballance that out.  Not everyone here is a 1337-tryhard mainlining Redbull(tm) and screaming 'git-gud' at random REAL players (you know, the ones here for FUN... and loot).

Honestly, warframe's difficulty is alright, the problem is with the meta frames, saryn, mesa, and the few other frames with high damage resistance. I just tried soloing kuva survival with Garuda, 30mins in and I have already died thrice. If you nerf the meta frames, I doubt we'll see anyone complaining about enemy difficulty. That's what should have happened instead of "The Steel path" if you ask me.

And from what I've seen of the testers review, "The steel path" is just filled with bullet sponges, that's not hard mode that's bullet sponge mode. I would have expected hard mode to mean something like, increased AI behavior, they dodge more often or have resistance to certain warframe/operator abilities, etc. Definitely not being bullet sponges. Bullet sponges calls for meta, then meta calls for brain dead gameplay, which is what I think most of us were running away from.. If people actually play "Hard mode" after they've finished the star chart again, you would see a massive drop of usage of  certain weapons and warframes which I think you DE would not like. Seeing as how you treat rivens, you like when things gets used equally across the board.

If you are going to go through with this "hard mode" bullet sponges is not the way to go.

An idea hit me:
What if instead of giving them the sortie modifiers of "more effective hit points" that has been mentioned by the ones who have been in the test server, you instead made the enemies scale up faster on the endless types?

Example: Currently Grineer Defense missions add a new enemy type every five levels (Hyekka @ 5, Nox @ 10, Bombard/Eviscerator @ 15, and so on), what if instead of just making them bullet sponges you changed how quickly their level scaled so instead of the checkpoint being every 5 waves for a bump it instead bumped up every 2 waves.  So the first two waves would be punctuated with the Hyekka addition.  The 4th wave would start Nox spawns.  The 6th wave Bombards/Eviscerators.  Increasing their levels similar to where they would be at those stages along with it, rather than normally.  It gives the faster scaling you seem to be after to satiate the bloodlust of people craving higher level enemies, while not relying on making the entire difficulty a "thank goodness that's over.", and that way Teshin could finally have ties to a game mode that won't be abandoned by the average user.

Might as well just play pretend in the simulacrum. Have some friend make the Teshin voice and tell you what to do. 

I thought hardmode would be like the mastery rank parkour tests, except larger and more advanced, with harder enemies and modifiers. 

There are nodes that have long since been abandoned, or just need to be erased. Mostly for being redundant. Hopefully they don't just copy paste those. 

20 hours ago, Shemarria said:

From what I have seen by people who have posted their expereinces in 'Steel Path'... yeah... NO.
The Kuva Bit -ahem- LITCHes and their underlings are bad enough if you get RNG'd into having to do them at tier 5.  Bullet sponging a bunch of mooks for basic teir rewards or *gasp* a trophy?

I Think the Shy-One says it best.
(Beware of a metric F-tonne of pop-ups and adverts)
[DE]?
You out there listening?  You taking these testers (all the testers, not the ones being yes-men) suggestions seriously?
I hope so; because what I have been seeing thus far is unplayable and downright punishing and insulting content.   You ARE going to have to ballance that out.  Not everyone here is a 1337-tryhard mainlining Redbull(tm) and screaming 'git-gud' at random REAL players (you know, the ones here for FUN... and loot).

If you don't want the challenge, if you cant be bothered to max your builds - it's perfectly fine, its your choice, dont play the new mode - it's not for you. The rest ~90% of the game is maximum trivial catering to easy-mode players already. The game is big enough to finally offer some optional content for those of us who are dead bored of WF being trivial. No one is asking to make the entire game hard, so be fair in return and don't demand the Hard mode to be ruined to appease the easy-mode players too.

Since I often biatch it's just fair to give positive feedback too.

After seeing the recent changes on the home stream I'm a bit more at ease with Steel Path depending on how low the drop chance of the new vendor currency is. It's a bit like Vitus Essence which is also a system that makes me revisit arbitrations despite having everything from it just for the "endless" purchases of Kuva and such. I hope the vendor sees frequent upgrades and additions and that currency gets marked by the game if it drops.

The (female) Operator armor looks great too.

pat morita nod GIF

On 2020-07-02 at 12:53 AM, Monolake said:

If you don't want the challenge, if you cant be bothered to max your builds - it's perfectly fine, its your choice, dont play the new mode - it's not for you. The rest ~90% of the game is maximum trivial catering to easy-mode players already. The game is big enough to finally offer some optional content for those of us who are dead bored of WF being trivial. No one is asking to make the entire game hard, so be fair in return and don't demand the Hard mode to be ruined to appease the easy-mode players too.

The issue is really less about being hard, and more about how seeming lazy their solution to making it hard is. Just making enemies tankier and hitting harder on top of the promised +100 levels is the lazy way to do "hard" content. Basically, instead of the fun kind of hard, it's the masochistic kind of hard where playing it in any way resembling "fun" requires players to use cheese builds and strategies. 

29 minutes ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Nope because of the 1 guy that's going to complain.

But they could add the conclave cosmetics. jack nicholson yes GIF

Conclave needs some form of expanded accessibility. Multiple optional bridges to its island of content so to speak. Wether it be by direct access (PvP), Steel Path or just straight plat. And with any business model, anything that brings in any stream of income with minimal investment is always a good thing.

The store and adding an rng element needs to be cut completely. The transactional nature of this game is killing my desire to turn it on. When is rng and it’s overuse in this game going to go away it’s not fun to do the same thing over and over and over again for the same ol thing and pointless cosmetics. I love protea and her quest but her farm was egregious. The constant use of rng is sours every accomplishment because we never really win we win when rng says we do. 

From what I`m hearing from some people that have played it, they are not enjoying it, I want to give some ideas to improve this.

·       Give players the ability to choose the enemy level you want to play at like the simulacrum. You start from the original level from the planet then increase the level from there. This feature is available if you are playing solo or if you are playing on invite only however it won`t work on public mode.

·        This should be integrated into other missions like syndicates, kuva liches, fissures, quests, alerts, kuva syphons, invasion missions etc and again the level starts from the mission’s max level as the minimum.

Pros;

·       This will help out new players a lot, they can use this as a milestone for progression to get a feel for the game and it`s mechanics and when they are happy, they can keep moving up levels until they can handle high-level missions.

·       It is another alternative to test out weapons and warframe builds besides the simulacrum and it`s much better for the fact that the encounters of the enemies is real and unpredictable plus it will address the issue with what scot had with ppl keep using the simulacrum (even through it was a stupid issue).

·       You can enjoy playing you favourite missions and have a challenge at the same time at your own pace and at you chosen level.

Rewards

·       Weapon skins

·       Orbiter stencil visually inspired from planets

·       More ornaments (better looking ones)

·       More Operator cosmetics visually inspired from planets.

·       Armour pieces and syandanas visually inspired from planets that has a glow when preforming a certain action (similar to syndicates). Getting multiple of these will intensify the glow effect.

·       Universal medallions (including conclave)

Game mode rewards

·       Syndicate missions drops a 9th medallion that’s worth 20,000 and complicating it gives you extra standing.

·       Fissures will drop double void traces.

·       Kuva siphons/litches drop double kuva.

·       Invasion missions have a 50% chance to offer another rare mod.

Unique add-ons

Every time you complete missions that is level 50+, Teshin will show up challenging to for a fight. The mechanics for Teshin will make fighting him be like a one on one fight, if you get downed, he will disappear.

If you defeat him, he has a chance to drop;

·       A x4 resource, infinity and a drop booster that can be used in the next mission (any) you play on.

·       A duel katana melee weapon. Each time you get this weapon it will increase its crit chance, crit damage and status chance by 2% (to a max of 20% 10 times)

·       Armour pieces that can be used on warframes and operators.

·       An ephemera where every time you get it will increase the intensity of its glow.

·       A booster that can either give your chosen warframe either 300% power strength, duration or range. This can be used on a warframe in the next mission you select (very low drop chance).

·       Gives you 10 of the planet`s rarest resource.

If these ideas were to be implemented, this will drastically improve this mode if it`s not implemented reward driven players (like myself) will only play it for the rewards (operator outfit) and will never touch this mode again which is something you don`t want DE so you need to buck up your ideas, literally.

Archived