THE STEEL PATH! Upcoming 'Hard Mode'.

Just now, MORGATHAR99 said:

how do i get on this like to try it looks very interesting

It's in the opening post. If you have completed an arbitration, head to the link in the first post and post "Count me in - I have completed an Arbitration Mission." in that thread.

Just now, Jarriaga said:

It's in the opening post. If you have completed an arbitration, head to the link in the first post and post "Count me in - I have completed an Arbitration Mission." in that thread.

ty man / girl just saw the other post hope you and i get in  have a great day

Edited by MORGATHAR99
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I have; several times ever since hard mode was announced on May 8th:

It's no use though. They conveniently ignore that WF is a loot-based games when they throw around examples of games in which loot is not tied to/scaled with difficulty.

Yes, but this is a case in which foresight exists both in-game, in discussions, and even other games in which difficulty doesn't scale rewards such as Anthem. If DE chose to ignore all of that then I will have a hard time not thinking they didn't set this up for failure. I don't want to think that way after listening to Reb's interview with Brozime last night, but it will be extremely hard not to considering the many early warning signs of the biggest pitfall of all when playing a higher difficulty with no benefit for choosing to do so.

That is, assuming that the notes simply didn't mention reward scaling even though it will be there. 

wtf? can you imagine not wanting loot in a LOOTER FPS game ? this is so crazy lol

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, paulogabbi said:

wtf? can you imagine not wanting loot in a LOOTER FPS game ? this is so crazy lol

Indeed, yet that has been the discussion in those 2 threads: People justifying why hard mode should offer no incentives over normal mode and in turn setting hard mode for failure.

It's like not wanting standard transmission in a car racing simulator.

• Like 1
Just now, Jarriaga said:

Indeed, yet that has been the discussion in those 2 threads: People justifying why hard mode should offer no incentives over normal mode and in turn setting hard mode for failure.

if hard mode don't reward more resources/anything new i don't see why the mode need to exist,

also "fun modes whit 0 rewards" do exist on warframe and both are dead aka lunaro and pvp

but hoping for De not making a mistake is kinda hard... i only hope hard mode is not like the archwing launch

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Yeah, my faith in that corner of the community, and thus some of my enthusiasm for Warframe being a successful setting died a bit reading and replying in those threads prior.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Yeah, my faith in that corner of the community, and thus some of my enthusiasm for Warframe being a successful setting died a bit reading and replying in those threads prior.

for a moment i did need to check it  to see if i was in the warframe forum or not... those threads are something else

• Like 1

No scaling resources? I would have played that continiuosly for Kuva or new resources. As it stands it seems like I'll clear it for the one time rewards and then only ever visit it again to level stuff - if it has no rank 30 requirement (I'd assume so since you mentioned affinity) and is better than ESO. Kind of ironic that hard mode will be the place to take your unfinished gear to. Oh, well.

Why is there nothing to make me want to play it again? I have all (PvE) mods and if I didn't I'd assume the drop chances for the super rare ones still wont be high enough to actually farm them over just buying them. Why are there no Riven(s)/Slivers? Why no Umbra Forma so people who didn't exploit Railjack finally can get a chance to catch up to the exploiters? Not even normal (maybe built) Forma? Nothing? No mention of a currency vendor or something either. Are the unique rewards random drops ala Blazing Step Ephemera? Like, come on, just something.

Am I missing a long term incentive to keep playing on this difficulty setting? I really can't see one with the currently given information unless it's smashing my head againt low chance rng walls forever to get a new emote, testing gear which I still can do better and faster in the Simulacrum and potentially to level gear. But hey Youtubers can show stuff now outside of the Simulacrum against higher level enemies easier! Just... seems like a huge missed opportunity so far.

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, paulogabbi said:

for a moment i did need to check it  to see if i was in the warframe forum or not... those threads are something else

I feel you there, I really do.

But will DE take a second look at stationary objective healing in light of potentially increased health on said objectives?

Seems kinda important to me.  Wouldn't do any good to have objectives with 80k health while only healing for 500hp/s over 5s with no stacking. :thinking:

6 minutes ago, Opyt said:

But will DE take a second look at stationary objective healing in light of potentially increased health on said objectives?

Seems kinda important to me.  Wouldn't do any good to have objectives with 80k health while only healing for 500hp/s over 5s with no stacking. :thinking:

vazarin heal right ? i recomend using a healing frame

this is pretty promising, but one thing i'd like to mention, you could cut down on the time for enemy detection to trigger that got implemented for  enemies because of stealth frames otherwise were instantly killed upon leaving stealth, as it is now its a bit too long, when you blast through levels at higher speed just bulletjumping they seem to barely notice you.

Also for enemy ai this is perfect place to experiment with it imo, like for warframe perfect way to implement difficulty imho would be  looking at Rage 1 enemies, bobbing and weaving, enemies doesn't need to deal massive amounts of damage to be dangerous, like for infested chargers , they are pitiful, their speed could easily be increased, random dodges to side  and some small additions like that would make them more threatening. grineer and corpus enemies just pretty much need to act faster as well, more grenades, faster defensive wall deployments, make them do a quick roll or slide into cover, as they are now they seem to be in that armor for it just to deter them from mobility,  i'd also enjoy if corpus headgear preventing instant headshots would come back, introduce hyena enemies in levels or fortuna ones in remastered tilesets, more special enemies would certainly make things more challenging.
i understand that making enemies act faster would kinda  not help people who play with controllers but it would absolutely improve challenge without relying on the good old hp and damage tropes, they rarely feel that good in any game.

nearly forgot to add  nightmare and sortie style modifiers, that thing never can go wrong imo, especially if you go and try out new types of modifiers, like that good old challenge to finish a mission without using your warframe at all, though with 100+lvl enemies that would definatelly be a bit slow, but maybe could open a niche for some other more damage dealing or survival focus schools

Edited by Sir_Mustur_Spurclur
forgot to add one thing

Love the idea of a hard mode! Even though it says that it isn't "overly complicated", I hope we will still see in the future some additional special enemies, similar to Nullifier or Arbitration Shield Drones, some enemies that don't only shoot at you but bother you in other ways.

• Like 1

If this is all about Teshin, would it be possible to have him as the 'lotus' of the mission? As in the broadcasts where it pops up on the screen.

cough *darvo* cough

translate to english

The resurrection of tenshin, long life to the samurai, long life to tenshin !!!

traducción al español (original)

La resurrección de tenshin, larga vida al samurai, larga vida a tenshin!!!

• Like 1