Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE STEEL PATH! Upcoming 'Hard Mode'.

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, MORGATHAR99 said:

how do i get on this like to try it looks very interesting

It's in the opening post. If you have completed an arbitration, head to the link in the first post and post "Count me in - I have completed an Arbitration Mission." in that thread.

Just now, Jarriaga said:

It's in the opening post. If you have completed an arbitration, head to the link in the first post and post "Count me in - I have completed an Arbitration Mission." in that thread.

ty man / girl just saw the other post hope you and i get in  have a great day

13 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I have; several times ever since hard mode was announced on May 8th:

It's no use though. They conveniently ignore that WF is a loot-based games when they throw around examples of games in which loot is not tied to/scaled with difficulty.

Yes, but this is a case in which foresight exists both in-game, in discussions, and even other games in which difficulty doesn't scale rewards such as Anthem. If DE chose to ignore all of that then I will have a hard time not thinking they didn't set this up for failure. I don't want to think that way after listening to Reb's interview with Brozime last night, but it will be extremely hard not to considering the many early warning signs of the biggest pitfall of all when playing a higher difficulty with no benefit for choosing to do so.

That is, assuming that the notes simply didn't mention reward scaling even though it will be there. 

wtf? can you imagine not wanting loot in a LOOTER FPS game ? this is so crazy lol

2 minutes ago, paulogabbi said:

wtf? can you imagine not wanting loot in a LOOTER FPS game ? this is so crazy lol

Indeed, yet that has been the discussion in those 2 threads: People justifying why hard mode should offer no incentives over normal mode and in turn setting hard mode for failure.

It's like not wanting standard transmission in a car racing simulator.

Just now, Jarriaga said:

Indeed, yet that has been the discussion in those 2 threads: People justifying why hard mode should offer no incentives over normal mode and in turn setting hard mode for failure.

if hard mode don't reward more resources/anything new i don't see why the mode need to exist,

also "fun modes whit 0 rewards" do exist on warframe and both are dead aka lunaro and pvp

but hoping for De not making a mistake is kinda hard... i only hope hard mode is not like the archwing launch

2 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Yeah, my faith in that corner of the community, and thus some of my enthusiasm for Warframe being a successful setting died a bit reading and replying in those threads prior.

2 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Yeah, my faith in that corner of the community, and thus some of my enthusiasm for Warframe being a successful setting died a bit reading and replying in those threads prior.

for a moment i did need to check it  to see if i was in the warframe forum or not... those threads are something else

No scaling resources? I would have played that continiuosly for Kuva or new resources. As it stands it seems like I'll clear it for the one time rewards and then only ever visit it again to level stuff - if it has no rank 30 requirement (I'd assume so since you mentioned affinity) and is better than ESO. Kind of ironic that hard mode will be the place to take your unfinished gear to. Oh, well.

Why is there nothing to make me want to play it again? I have all (PvE) mods and if I didn't I'd assume the drop chances for the super rare ones still wont be high enough to actually farm them over just buying them. Why are there no Riven(s)/Slivers? Why no Umbra Forma so people who didn't exploit Railjack finally can get a chance to catch up to the exploiters? Not even normal (maybe built) Forma? Nothing? No mention of a currency vendor or something either. Are the unique rewards random drops ala Blazing Step Ephemera? Like, come on, just something.

Am I missing a long term incentive to keep playing on this difficulty setting? I really can't see one with the currently given information unless it's smashing my head againt low chance rng walls forever to get a new emote, testing gear which I still can do better and faster in the Simulacrum and potentially to level gear. But hey Youtubers can show stuff now outside of the Simulacrum against higher level enemies easier! Just... seems like a huge missed opportunity so far.

But will DE take a second look at stationary objective healing in light of potentially increased health on said objectives?

Seems kinda important to me.  Wouldn't do any good to have objectives with 80k health while only healing for 500hp/s over 5s with no stacking. :thinking:

6 minutes ago, Opyt said:

But will DE take a second look at stationary objective healing in light of potentially increased health on said objectives?

Seems kinda important to me.  Wouldn't do any good to have objectives with 80k health while only healing for 500hp/s over 5s with no stacking. :thinking:

vazarin heal right ? i recomend using a healing frame

this is pretty promising, but one thing i'd like to mention, you could cut down on the time for enemy detection to trigger that got implemented for  enemies because of stealth frames otherwise were instantly killed upon leaving stealth, as it is now its a bit too long, when you blast through levels at higher speed just bulletjumping they seem to barely notice you.

Also for enemy ai this is perfect place to experiment with it imo, like for warframe perfect way to implement difficulty imho would be  looking at Rage 1 enemies, bobbing and weaving, enemies doesn't need to deal massive amounts of damage to be dangerous, like for infested chargers , they are pitiful, their speed could easily be increased, random dodges to side  and some small additions like that would make them more threatening. grineer and corpus enemies just pretty much need to act faster as well, more grenades, faster defensive wall deployments, make them do a quick roll or slide into cover, as they are now they seem to be in that armor for it just to deter them from mobility,  i'd also enjoy if corpus headgear preventing instant headshots would come back, introduce hyena enemies in levels or fortuna ones in remastered tilesets, more special enemies would certainly make things more challenging.
i understand that making enemies act faster would kinda  not help people who play with controllers but it would absolutely improve challenge without relying on the good old hp and damage tropes, they rarely feel that good in any game.

nearly forgot to add  nightmare and sortie style modifiers, that thing never can go wrong imo, especially if you go and try out new types of modifiers, like that good old challenge to finish a mission without using your warframe at all, though with 100+lvl enemies that would definatelly be a bit slow, but maybe could open a niche for some other more damage dealing or survival focus schools

Love the idea of a hard mode! Even though it says that it isn't "overly complicated", I hope we will still see in the future some additional special enemies, similar to Nullifier or Arbitration Shield Drones, some enemies that don't only shoot at you but bother you in other ways.

translate to english

The resurrection of tenshin, long life to the samurai, long life to tenshin !!!

traducción al español (original)

La resurrección de tenshin, larga vida al samurai, larga vida a tenshin!!!

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I said "if they are just sponges". If there are other mechanics involved the spongeyness helps, but alone it will never add anything but tediousness. And mobs in WF lack those extra things, so the sponge just results in drawn out TTK. That is why DE needs to introduce new units that helps the enemy survive while putting some form of pressure on us. DR units, dispell units, negation units, cleanse units etc. so we cant rely on our things working at an optimum in all situations. Eximus units would be perfect for this if they decide to rework them. And ancient healers for instance should have their damage reduction effecting themselves aswell, making them far more prominent on the battlefield since they no longer die to a stray shot or a harsh sneeze.

Maybe DE should just take fifty pages out of the eighty page Destiny 2 Enemy Design Handbook.

- Weaker units are quite pitiful until they gang up on you, but most have a special attack that deals quite a bit more damage than normal. This is sort of already in the game with Thralls from Liches, so the baseline is there, just pump up the numbers.

- Tougher units now have a special shield that explodes outwards when using the damage type they're weak to. So you destroy a Grineer Heavy Gunners Shield with Radiation, causing them to blow up and deal damage to surrounding enemies. This would add more of an incentive towards using the right element on the right enemy, but would be more of an additional thing, until DE adds "Super Hard" mode or something that forces you to bring the right element to even deal damage to the Shield at all.

- Eximi stay roughly the same, but now gain additional bonuses. Some outright ignore CC and become incredibly resilient, others gain a shield that completely heals them and makes them invulnerable if you fail to kill them fast enough, some just consistently heal the damage they take over time and heal faster if you're not damaging them, the list goes on.

- Extremely tough units are now eligible to be Eximi, with all of the previous changes. Yes, that does translate to Juggernaut Eximi, and bosses.

- Using the wrong elemental combos is now heavily punished, making units take normal damage from the correct elements but 90% from the incorrect elements.

- Grineer now receive their own nullifer-esque options. You can easily rip the drones from LoR and slap them into regular missions, making them small Ability denial tools that can easily be taken out with a shot or two. Just give the Grineer something man, I mean, why not make the Seeker useful too by having each drone attached decrease your Power Strength by 10% or something?

- Enemy units now have more universal use across the board. Have the Commander turn fellow Grineer into Eximi if he sticks around for too long, give the Infested some "landmine" creatures that pop up and explode (spawning from the Leaping Thrasher, which along with the Undying Flyer, is now found in regular missions), the list goes on.

- Throw in some more interesting mission modifiers that really change how you play, and what enemy variations you deal with. Maybe Headshots deal 100% more damage, but Body Shots deal 90% less, making you favor Precision weapons. You can make it so Critical Hits can only occur on Headshots, or have Status Damage severely decreased but Status Proc Chance severely increased, maybe even make it so you need to get a Parazon kill every so often or you suffer consequences. Actual, serious modifiers that will actually make players try something else out in order to succeed.

I'm afraid that if DE really wants to add difficulty to the game, it's basically going to involve a massive gameplay overhaul, for both enemies and ourselves.

Archived