The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

some players are ruining affinity farm in hydron, sedna

7 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

I always bring one good weapon to the party if I'm levelling up fodder so I can still be useful. I usually bring my best melee so I can level up a junk primary and secondary. Besides my mewan zaw with exodia contagion can give a Bramma a run for its money.

I can easily rank up melee on my own at a later date as most stuff handles the star map fine without a potato and just 4 mods equipped. 

Yeah, I know this is still technically leeching, but it's not being obnoxious about it and I have a frame that is appropriate for the mission at hand so I can return the favour.

I use Mag to max my stuff. Her 2nd is a godsend for Sh!t weapons. And if everyone leaves you can just spam clear with her 3rd and 4th. (Just equip one at a time, operator amp can deal with noxes and eximus.)

Edited by Nehra96
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

I use Mag to max my stuff. Her 2nd is a godsend for Sh!t weapons. And if everyone leaves you can just spam clear with her 3rd and 4th. 

She is fun to use, especially post sheild gating. Max range crush is a sight to behold. (I run that for fun more than anything else)

One hand, two hands, clap. Watch as everything within half a mile gets deleted  🤭🤭

7 hours ago, -BG-StormFighter117 said:

This has been around since the beginning.

It's hilarious when you get to wave 40 and the three of you ditch one guy. During those 40 waves you size up the guy and you just know he ain't surviving it, failing the mission, and getting nothing.

This happened to me on wave 30, However... I cam Prepared... With my Archgun and Spectres I can Defend the Target Just Barely well enough to save my Loot, If Im doing Arbitration I dont bother... I just let me self die... I get to keep the Rotation Rewards even If I fail.

11 hours ago, (PS4)zenhumphrey said:

I wasn't leeching, actually kind of the opposite, in fact in most hydron sessions i get most kills and most damage dealt, there are alot of leechers out there but not me, I didn't leech while leveling weapons or warframes, if my warframe couldn't kill anything i'd just use a weapon that can do the job for me, I don't exactly know how you thought I was leeching, i never mentioned myself not doing any work for the team, when I said I got left behind thanks to the extraction prank, I wasn't trying to say that I didn't pay attention to the screen because I was AFK and leeching, again I don't know why you thought I was leeching when I literally carry the team even with just a melee weapon.

You specifically said that the less people in the mission the less affinity for you, hence you must have been relying on radial affinity.

If you aren't using the weapon you are trying to rank up then you are relying on others to do that for you. DE Steve has said many time he considers that a flaw in the current affinity system and wants it gone.

If you're using the weapon then it doesn't matter how many people are in the mission as you aren't relying on them to rank up your weapon.

On 2020-06-26 at 2:00 PM, Padre_Akais said:

Because then players wouldn't co-op those missions...

New players generally need the help that co-op provides.

Seasoned players generally want the mob count co-op provides for expediency's sake.

The real problem isn't that people leave though...It's that people can't join missions that are fully in progress already.

U know i  get it sure new players need help its not like they cant just ask tho but sure i get it still i dont think it would kill co op that much as much as co op is co op right now, thinking when was the list time i said anything in public matches........

36 minutes ago, Aseraan said:

U know i  get it sure new players need help its not like they cant just ask tho but sure i get it still i dont think it would kill co op that much as much as co op is co op right now, thinking when was the list time i said anything in public matches........

New players don't, generally, get help when they ask...They either get ignored or get told to "git gud".

Saturn Helene. It was where I leveled most of my frames and weapons for mastery. Ran Nekros when not leveling frames. I hardly ever got to farm for Orokin Cells to build Primes. It is still quite popular. IMO ESO farming for weapon leveling destroyed it for daily Focus capping. I'm very glad I am past that, nowadays Focus capping became unbearable.

14 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

You specifically said that the less people in the mission the less affinity for you, hence you must have been relying on radial affinity.

I was referring to the "less people in the mission less enemies" system DE added, that's why i got so pissed off when I got pranked since I could be in a full team in another session and get more kills thus more affinity for me.

1 hour ago, (PS4)zenhumphrey said:

I was referring to the "less people in the mission less enemies" system DE added, that's why i got so pissed off when I got pranked since I could be in a full team in another session and get more kills thus more affinity for me.

There is no way you were killing enough with the weapon you were chosing to level for that to make much of a difference, the only way that tips in your favour is when someone else is killing the surplus and ranking your weapon passively, that's why groups do hydron, because it's easy to reach newly spawned enemies with AOE abilities and passively rank gear.

17 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

New players don't, generally, get help when they ask...They either get ignored or get told to "git gud".

Sad thing to hear that i  got help as a new player when i was in  CLAN, mates helped me big time.

On 2020-06-28 at 2:09 PM, Lutesque said:

Atleast thats my thoughts on the concept of "Leeching",and because Hydron is dead, earlier I levelled up my Opticor, Aklex Prime & Secura Lecta by Doing a Kuva Survival in a group...  I mean... did I leech ? Sure I guess... I dont think they even Noticed, Nidus wants to get all the Kills anyway 😛

So basically you brought a useless primary, secondary and melee. Yeh you're a leech. Next time bring a weapon to contribute with, it's good manners.

On 2020-06-28 at 10:31 PM, Lutesque said:

This happened to me on wave 30, However... I cam Prepared... With my Archgun and Spectres I can Defend the Target Just Barely well enough to save my Loot, If Im doing Arbitration I dont bother... I just let me self die... I get to keep the Rotation Rewards even If I fail.

If they ditch you like that it's because they decided you weren't doing anything to help. 

I run Hydron a lot when mastery farming(i do ESO with the idea of farming focus), I don't mind someone leaving after wave 5/10 in a 4-squad. Beyond that point if I end up in a 3-squad and one decides to leave, we all leave. I go into Hydron using that mentality.

Well the next wave screen gives enough time for a pee break, grab a snack or beer. Last minute leaving isn't new.

You can't blame people for leaving at 5 because affinity boosters exist and smeeta kavat affinity buff exist. If you have both you can get a weapon to 30 by round 4 on hydron depending of how lucky you were with smeeta buff. There is no point in staying if gear is already maxed out and hydron doesn't really have useful resources.

• Like 1

When you think about it, when you complain that others are not staying long enough on a "leveling" node, you are complaining that others are not helping you leech. 

Just think about that for a sec... trolling with the leaving last minute thing is wrong, but maybe they felt you were hella leeching and were annoyed. Nothing wrong with leveling stuff, but some people don't even bring one weapon or frame that can kill hard I needed or protect the point, and just expect to be carried to quick xp on nodes like that. 

Newsflash, outside of some organized groups, most people don't want to carry you so you can get a lot of xp while they get all the kills and less xp. 

il y a 4 minutes, Tesseract7777 a dit :

When you think about it, when you complain that others are not staying long enough on a "leveling" node, you are complaining that others are not helping you leech. 

Just think about that for a sec... trolling with the leaving last minute thing is wrong, but maybe they felt you were hella leeching and were annoyed. Nothing wrong with leveling stuff, but some people don't even bring one weapon or frame that can kill hard I needed or protect the point, and just expect to be carried to quick xp on nodes like that. 

Newsflash, outside of some organized groups, most people don't want to carry you so you can get a lot of xp while they get all the kills and less xp. 

This is why I take vauban. 280% range vauban vortex placed on the roof effectively locks down the map and puts all enemies in one place (They don't get stuck on nooks and crannies too, because of the placement).

My team can nuke them all with ease.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Most of the times I carry the whole team on hydron, like I said, I wasn't leeching and it's kinda the opposite really, if I'm leveling weapons I'd usually go with a speed nova to make the defense mission a little bit faster, if I'm leveling a frame I'd usually go with my room clearing weapons and kill everything on the map, I don't exactly know why people accuse me for leeching when I barely go afk.