Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Surreal Trading Experiences

CrimsonSpawn

Alright, so I was testing out my ninkondi (trying to make it somewhat viable against the nox's backside) that I get the whisper, "Hey!.... Riven mrkt... dual toxocyst riv.... 20p....". To which i responded... yep, k. So, I immediately came to my orbiter, the guy's invitation popped up as soon as the screen loaded. I accepted and entered his dojo. He started the trade and i placed my dual toxocyst riven... Here's where it gets really weird.

I'm waiting for him to place the plat that the guy decides to cancel the trade. I try and ask him, "What happened" to which I got the, "User is ignoring you". Then, he and one of his clan members started surrounding me. Like, literally surrounding me. I bullet jumped and a titania comes in front of me with a khora on the back. then, I get a message in the clan member's tab, linking my dual toxocyst riven (none of my clan members linked it, they weren't even online). So I decide to panic and leave. Came back to my orbiter and saw that it was still there in the foundry, but I was still extra paranoid so closed the game.

Sorry for no pictures.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

report and move on.

Well, I don't really have all that much evidence (this my excuse for saying, "plz tell me how, i don't know how to report"). Also, since nothing got stolen, was just a very weird... experience

I once said "No" to a person who was trying to sell me a Link Armor mod for 40 plat, I said no and they went on this rant saying that they were going to give me a free Bite mod for it and ranted like a lunatic until I blocked them.

On the plus side, I got by Link Armor mod for 10 plat like a few minutes later.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I once said "No" to a person who was trying to sell me a Link Armor mod for 40 plat, I said no and they went on this rant saying that they were going to give me a free Bite mod for it and ranted like a lunatic until I blocked them.

I've had so many crybabies go on tangents because I won't take their transient fortitude for 40p. The amount of people like this in trade chat is amazing, I can't even imagine what they're like irl.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Noice,

but I can't say that I would've experienced something similar... cause I almost never buy mods... the only ones i ever bought were Cautious shot (before the staggering) and Pistol Amp.

2 minutes ago, Richeatue said:

I've had so many crybabies go on tangents because I won't take their transient fortitude for 40p. The amount of people like this in trade chat is amazing, I can't even imagine what they're like irl.

Last week, while I was doing the nightwave for orokin vaults, my squad consisted of majority newbs (I say newbs cause they were farming corrupted mods for the first time) So one of our squad mates (not newb.... at least I think he's not) upon getting magnum force said, "Nice... I can sell this for 60p" At which point i wen't, "......." But the rest of the squad went, "Really! I didn't know they were worth that much! Yay, now I can get that 60p thing I really wanted" (they may not have said that last bit..... but it was very much implied)

I would report it for support to look into, even if it was just weird and there wasn't any evidence. 

If you believe they somehow pulled off some hack or exploit and that something was fishy, maybe it was. Maybe they found a way to copy your mod without technically stealing it? Maybe they were trying to distract you from what actually happened. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's all that likely. That kind of exploit would be pretty serious, but just in case, it's worth investigation. If you feel like something is off, maybe it is. Just tell them your exact experience, obviously don't tell us names or anything, but if you have from the people who were involved send those to support. Have them look at your recent trades (if possible, I don't know if they can especially if it was cancelled), if you cannot remember the names. 

Just tell them what you know. You probably won't ever hear back even if anything happened as if another player did something wrong its between them and DE, but if someone found a way to do something scummy, better they figure it out so more people can't do it. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, CrimsonSpawn said:

Well, I don't really have all that much evidence (this my excuse for saying, "plz tell me how, i don't know how to report"). Also, since nothing got stolen, was just a very weird... experience

If they're deliberately wasting your time, report them.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)josepro3cadiz27 said:

Im rm8 and dont know whats a corrupted mod,whats it?

Srry for bad grammar,im spanish

Corrupted mods are powerful mods that greatly enhance one stat while decreasing another. They are often used in min/max builds, and are obtainable from Orokin Derelict Vaults on Orokin Derelect Tilesets. The vaults require one of four keys to open them, so people usually farm the mods with a squad of four, each person equipped with a different key. They are relatively easy to farm, and a great way for newer players to build some comradery together. 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Corrupted_Mods

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I would report it for support to look into, even if it was just weird and there wasn't any evidence. 

Yeah will do, its just that i've issued a ticket previously for a Ui issue, and their support team just responded with, "Its a Ui issue"... and that was that... nothing happened further

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

If they're deliberately wasting your time, report them.

Isn't that a bit extreme?... I mean, I'm still going to report on them, cause it smells really fishy. But just reporting on someone for wasting your time?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CrimsonSpawn said:

Isn't that a bit extreme?... I mean, I'm still going to report on them, cause it smells really fishy. But just reporting on someone for wasting your time?

Get to my posting count and play history and then we'll evaluate what you consider "extreme".

• Like 1

I had this one really weird trade, can't even remember what it was for. someone messaged me wanting to buy one of my arcanes, so i said sure and tried to invite them to the dojo - no dice. Wasn't working. Asked them to relog and they said,' no u do it', to which i blinked and a bit and said i'd been trading perfectly fine before this, was probably on their end

'no u do it'

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. 

So tried relogging, surprise surprise, the problem persists. I tell them this, they....go offline no chat, no message about what they were going to do, nothing. 

I shrug and bullet dash around my dojo some, bored. 15 minutes later there's another message.

'inv'

I do so, and wait for them load in.

And wait. And wait. Try to ask them what's up a few times. Get a 'wait' and that's it. No other response. No explanations. And things start to add up.

The loading speed? The bad English? I start thinking this is just a guy across the globe with connection issues. So, I chill a bit, bullet dash futility round some more, and wait for the guy (i'm assuming) to load in. They do. Trade window. Click.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

15 minutes later, again, after several failed trades and reloads the trades finished. Wohoo! 25 plat richer! 

I proceed to afk in operator form and make fun of clannies on discord. Then i hear a very quiet 'thanks' in the most Louisiana accent possible. 

Y'know, now that I type this down it feels pretty ordinary. But damn if I didn't have the most confused expression for a solid five minutes.

• Like 3

If it is a riven with exact weighting, it is likely a dupe. And if it is the case you need to repport it and force an investigation from DE. Those kind of practices can spread fast and it destroys games.

Edited by Galuf
  • Like 2

I had something similar happened to me too, only I wasn't trying to sell a Riven, but the Body Count mod. The buyer and I agreed on the price, they invited me to their dojo, we even got to the point where we both placed the mod and plats in the trade window. Then out of the blue, they cancelled the trade, and when I tried asking what's wrong, I was already ignored. 

IDK what's going on with these people, I just assumed they found the mod for a lower price in the last minute, and decided to go for it instead of haggling with me, or "wasting time" by explaining what was up. Could it be some something shady? Perhaps, telling support about it won't hurt.

• Like 1