Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I stopped spending money in this game

Lazframe

4 hours ago, Felsagger said:

1. You have other games to play if you get burned out. This is not the only game in the market. Diversify 

2. You don't need Rivens to enjoy the game and get good fair builds. 

3. Learn not to put effort in one toy. If it is fun, meta and popular you know that such toy will get downgraded. Learn from history. 

4. The game got better than before. Besides DE doesn't work for free. 

Agree with this sentiment.

DE has to find ways to make money, and getting people to part WILLINGLY AND CONSISTENTLY with money  THAT ALSO MINIMIZES IMPACT ON GAMEPLAY is an extraordinary ongoing accomplishment when you consider human nature.

Rivens likely SAVED Warframe, btw, OP, and not only offer power but variety and validity to hundreds of older weapons through disposition.

It is no small feat to re-legitimize such a huge chunk of dated content while creating a new revenue stream.

I feel like some people must've signed a contract that stated they have to play this game no matter how frustrated they get. 

If you can create a laundry list about why a game is bad, maybe the game isn't for you anymore. Chances are there's no amount of refinement that's going to make you happy. Ever. DE is not going to scrap half their game and design philosophy anytime soon. What you are playing now is Warframe. For better or worse. Feedback is one thing, but when you have a laundry list of fundamental things you dislike about the game, what's the point? 

1 hour ago, Richeatue said:

Developer sees fit=/=justified by any means. DE isn't forced to play by the rules of other genres or F2P games, hell they already don't if you pay any attention to their model.

Developers have a market to attend. They achieve it with programmed obsolescence. If a weapon remains fun for too long then users will not feel the need to try the new toys on the market. There will be no need unless the player is focused on MR increment. 

Rivens aren't a solution to the fear that your favorite weapon, op or not, could be nerfed tomorrow because it's "too popular."

Rivens are optional. There is an old saying of not putting all the eggs in one basket. This is the game where players should have a diverse set of tools instead of searching for a definite meta as the only answer. 

Could I use a god stug riven and have it kill sortie level enemies? Yup. Would I prefer to use that over an acceltra, or stahlita, or pretty much any "fun" weapon? Hell no. It would be human nature to invest more into the things you enjoy using, that's just logic.

Understanding the logic of the developer you push towards the toys that will not get downgraded but at the same time are not that popular. That weapon will prevail more time or even remains untouched. One of those weapons is the Opticor. 

Getting a slap on the wrist for doing so is ridiculous and you know it. Also, I thought you said earlier that investing into rivens would be a fool's errand, I guess I'm just going to get a fully rolled god riven from my freshly unveiled +puncture +zoom one, no investment required. Ok.....

Investing in Rivens is an act of ignorance. Trade them or get them in rewards. If you want good rolls, then you have to farm for your roll until you get what you want. If you invest and DE downgrades then the penalty goes on the player. The player knows how DE behaves so he should know better. 

What? I never mentioned rng weapons, but again users shouldn't be punished for investing into a weapon they enjoy. Why do you support or enjoy a development cycle which actively punishes you for playing what you like? Or even a development cycle which actively spits on your time invested, sometimes with little to no forethought. |You know what changes the meta? Enemies demanding different playstyles, not completely scraping weapons. 

DE will never work on better enemies unless other games put pressure on them improving the A.I. and the enemy tier. 

We can agree to disagree, however I'm not going to argue about it, since guessing by your other posts It looks as if your ego is too big to listen anyway. 

Sorry, I don't have to think the way you think. This world, for better of worse, is filled with people who reason their activities in a different matter. This should not be a novelty to you. 

The effort and time spent should be on the players behalf. Why? Because knowing DE the player should evolve towards a smarter way of thinking avoiding devalued investments or decisions with the possibility of a likely devaluation. . 

1 minute ago, Felsagger said:

Sorry, I don't have to think the way you think. This world, for better of worse, is filled with people who reason their activities in a different matter. This should not be a novelty to you. 

Never asked you to think the way I think, did you even read what I said? At all?

Just now, Richeatue said:

Never asked you to think the way I think, did you even read what I said? At all?

I answered your post, sentence by sentence. The question goes back to you. "Did you ever read what I answered"?

See? 

4 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I answered your post, sentence by sentence. The question goes back to you. "Did you ever read what I answered"?

See? 

I read what you answered, and asked you a question about it, Instead of answering in a human matter, you return to the same obnoxious arrogance and condescending attitude. It's not worth the time talking with people like this.

6 hours ago, SeRialPiXel said:

I will be brief here, if DE is looking for answers on why part of their playerbase has lost faith in them, here is what this post is for.

The game feels unrewarding

You have Eidolons, a place where to get rewards you are actually forced to learn and practice a gamemode and where you can't just press 4 and turn off your brain. What does DE do? They introduce Scarlet Spear, killing the whole Arcanes market in a single event - and with that an entire gamemode. Who needs to do Eidolons when you can just park your ship and afk a mission countless times? Hell yeah, this is what we endorse.

Kuva Liches. The Lich system had the potential to become what we always seek as "endgame", yet it remains nothing else but Mastery Rank locked behind braindead RNG grind. Imagine wasting a system like that.

Railjack. If Railjack had actual rewards I would be playing it all day over and over. Yet there are no incentives to play a Railjack mission after you maxed your gear and got all the things you needed. Also, why was there such a low effort in creating rewards that would be useful even outside of Railjack itself? There are like two intrinsics that are useful outside of railjack and nothing else. Like, really.

Ignoring feedback

Now, to be fair, the new Public Test Cluster is a great addition towards solving this problem and the impression is that so far it's working great. What I mean by ignoring feedback however is mostly tied to the problems I listed above. There are hundreds of people giving ideas on easy solutions for the lack of replayability of Warframe, yet I don't understand what's so difficult to implement any of that or any new rewards worth sinking our time into. Instead: hey you completed the star chart again in hard mode? here's a statue and an emote for you. Enjoy.

The nerf mentality

There are two kind of nerfs. The day they changed arcanes I was immediately triggered as not only did they increase the amounts you needed for a max rank, but they also nerfed some - energize as an example. However I consider that to be a brave and great change overall. Why? Because they promoted diversity and change for the less popular ones while not butchering the "meta" ones to the ground. The shotgun change also falls into the same category, where many more weapons became viable while the meta didn't get slaughtered to the ground.

I think the main goal of a nerf in any game should be that, to promote diversity. Instead it seems that every time an hotfix drops they just nerf for the sake of nerfing. I haven't used the Xoris, but I can understand the frustration of those who do for the recent nerf. Brozime explained it in depth in a recent video. My take ks that Xoris was actually there to give diversity, in a world where Jaw Sword/Skana and all the others rule - yet DE butchered it after a couple of weeks.

Rivens, the slot machines that everyone is okay with

Do you remember that scene in the Warframe Documentary on Youtube where Sheldon talks about how they removed a highly addictive system for Kubrows and Kavats? "We created a slot machine" - and they removed it.

Well, give a warm welcome to Riven mods! The peak of slot machines. Imagine a system where in order to get a unique enhancement for a weapon your like you have two options: either go in a mission afk pressing one ability for one hour - with a mandatory resource booster equipped - then go back to orbiter and you'll have 4 attempts at rolling an RNG roulette where most of the outcomes are useless stats. The other option is emtping your wallet. Congratulations.

Yet, every time anyone ever tries to bring the subject up, the only "argument" - if you can say so - is "Well, you don't have to get rivens. Rivens aren't mandatory. My x weapon is good even without a riven." Apparently if something is in a bad and laughable state, it's better to leave it as is, since we got so used to content being left untouched for years in this game - what's the point of offering views to fix them, am I rigth fellas?

tl;dr I genuinely hope something is in the pipe for Tennocon, because I can honestly feel the frustration of the players in the chit-chat and conversations everyday. This game is being left to die out of negligence, and if it wasn't for the clans and communities coming up with ideas to keep the the engine rolling I don't know where it would be

Sorry but that doesn't adds up.  

Let me repeat the deleted post with a proper answer. 

1. You have other games to play if you get burned out. This is not the only game in the market. Diversify 

2. You don't need Rivens to enjoy the game and get good fair builds. 

3. Learn not to put effort in one toy. If it is fun, meta and popular you know that such toy will get downgraded. Learn from history. 

4. The game got better than before. Besides DE doesn't work for free. 

1 minute ago, Richeatue said:

I read what you answered, and asked you a question about it, Instead of answering in a human matter, you return to the same obnoxious arrogance and condescending attitude.

I'm not here to judge any person. You are doing that. 

Let me help you with a classical hint. We are talking about a game and an attitude of a player, in this case the OP, who got in a loop that he brought to himself. 

Just now, Felsagger said:

I'm not here to judge any person. You are doing that. 

Let me help you with a classical hint. We are talking about a game and an attitude of a player, in this case the OP, who got in a loop that he brought to himself. 

And again. Do you just not realize that you act like this? Or do you not care? 

Can you just say a single sentence without sounding as arrogant as possible?

2 minutes ago, Richeatue said:

And again. Do you just not realize that you act like this? Or do you not care? 

Can you just say a single sentence without sounding as arrogant as possible?

Different writing styles. 

It's impossible for anyone to derive psychological traits based on writing expressions on a forum board. 

Some of y'all really need to open ya eyes about "rivens not being a problem."

You deadass telling me some Rivens are worth around 3-4k plat? Over pure RNG players have no say over? That's literally a slot machine in the making, getting the perfect "777" roll for the ultimate payout. That's what you call money for power, how's that supposed to be fair? Mind you, this is coming from someone who got real lucky with a Fulmin Riven and decided to keep it instead of making bank if I really wanted to. If you don't got the luck, you gotta pay for power. Like are you kidding me?!

EDIT: My humblest apologies for my improper use of the English language, even though it has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Just for you, my friend, I will fix it if that bothers you so much.    

2 minutes ago, R.O.G.U.E. said:

Some of y'all really need to open ya eyes about "rivens not being a problem."

You deadass telling me some Rivens are worth around 3-4k plat? Over pure RNG players have no say over? That's literally a slot machine in the making, getting the perfect "777" roll for the ultimate payout. That's literally money for power, how's that supposed to be fair? Mind you, this is coming from someone who got real lucky with a Fulmin Riven and decided to keep it instead of making bank if I really wanted to.

You're literally using literally wrong in every case you stated. 

10 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

And it feels worse when mister MR8 player and MR20 player effectively complete content in the same pace despite the MR20 player likely having better and more optimized setups.  To put it simply vet players time investment isn't respected and has never really been respected.  Hence the "non rewarding" feeling.

LOL wut? Dude the only meaningful things a MR 20 player will have vs a MR 8 player is experience, and a wider selection of mods. The MR 8 player would be able to buy those mods, and probably some of the weapons too, which puts them on an even footing. WRT the experience they are perfectly capable of copying a configuration, and following the basic steps on half a dozen youtu.be videos, which again negates the veteran player's experience in short order. 

The vets don't need the youtu.be videos, or a build recommendation, but that doesn't count for anything, just means that when something out of the ordinary comes along the vet shrugs and does their thing. The newb will be up a creek for a while, but they'll learn from the experience after they finish picking their jaw from the floor from seeing a Limbo/Gara take on a tridolon solo, or whatever. 

9 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Different writing styles. 

It's impossible for anyone to derive psychological traits based on writing expressions on a forum board. 

Well, when you say things like 

"Let me help you with a classical hint"

"logic doesn't work that way"

"Again, using the brain and common sense teaches you this"

There's no "writing style," it's literally just you being egotistical. I don't need to derive anything, you're presenting it to me plain as day. There is not a single person who would enjoy being spoken to like that, which might signal that there's something wrong with what it is your saying. A "different writing style," would be something like using a lot of quotes, reusing words, formatting style, etc. This isn't a style, it's arrogance and sarcasm. It's rude, just admit it.

I don't agree with everything , But i can see why and how it has negatively affected you.

Its ok , showing your dissatisfaction with your wallet (or lack of) is an ok thing to do.

It may not change anything but its good to be clear on why you are having issues.

I disagree with the unrewarding part , its unrewarding probably because you already have hours in the game and the rewards you get are no longer worth the effort put in compared to the past.

11 hours ago, R.O.G.U.E. said:

You deadass telling me some Rivens are worth around 3-4k plat?

No, we deadass telling you that they have no inherent value. Sellers can ask for whatever they want, buyers can laugh at them, or agree to buy as they choose. 

What part of that don't you understand? It's a very simple concept. 

So let me get this straight, you want more "interactive" and "engaging" content that isn't just "press 4 to win" but then you get annoyed with Rivens because they are "slot machines" side note not really an opinion you formed on your own according to the post. Also and I need you to stay with me on this one, if you find yourself constantly spamming 4 or 1 or any other ability, that is entirely you. Your the one who build your frame that way your could have just thrown a ton of survivability mods of your frame and modded your weapons to be as beefy as possible and ran around jumping sliding and shooting everywhere but YOU decided "nah aiming is hard" and just built to spam abilities. The Meta doesn't matter you can build and play however you want and you chose the path of least resistance which landed you spamming 4 or 1. Btw Warframe is a pay to SKIP game you pay to reduce the grind nothing is mandatory (unless you want certain cosmetics) don't like grinding? You're playing the wrong game, don't like waiting for stuff to build? You're playing the wrong game. Don't like having easily spammable abilities you can use as a crutch because some people (apperently yourself included) can't resist doing so? You're playing the wrong game. In summary, DE gave you a knife, you then used said knife to cut off your toes, you then cursed DE for giving you a knife and are now demanding a machete...

12 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

LOL wut? Dude the only meaningful things a MR 20 player will have vs a MR 8 player is experience, and a wider selection of mods. The MR 8 player would be able to buy those mods, and probably some of the weapons too, which puts them on an even footing. WRT the experience they are perfectly capable of copying a configuration, and following the basic steps on half a dozen youtu.be videos, which again negates the veteran player's experience in short order. 

The vets don't need the youtu.be videos, or a build recommendation, but that doesn't count for anything, just means that when something out of the ordinary comes along the vet shrugs and does their thing. The newb will be up a creek for a while, but they'll learn from the experience after they finish picking their jaw from the floor from seeing a Limbo/Gara take on a tridolon solo, or whatever. 

There are some weapon choices you do not have at MR8 that are considered to be good iirc.  You're focusing a bit too hard on the specifics in my example and missing the overall point.  Which to restate is that veterans time investment isn't respected because  there really isn't any content exclusively for them.  Nor does them putting that much effort to be where they got going to make universal content much easier to complete.

I’ve been playing this game for the entirety of its existence and have even switched to PlayStation and created a second account where I re farmed everything I got on Xbox. I love this game but it’s losing its taste. The main story has been drug out way too far. I get that the developers need time to create material, but why is it that anytime changes are made it’s a quick clip and a series of nerf changes hidden behind a pretty ribbon that is new updates. This game is about farming and being a weapon of mass destruction. All nerfing does is piss off the players that enjoy playing. If you can’t keep up then get stronger. It’s not hard to out kill a bramma main, Saryn, or any other pesky piece of equipment that can easily take up kills. And if anything pushing yourself to get those kills creates an entirely different experience worth seeing. I won’t stop playing the game but I would appreciate consideration on Warframe’s part when looking at the future of their enterprise. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

There are some weapon choices you do not have at MR8 that are considered to be good iirc.  You're focusing a bit too hard on the specifics in my example and missing the overall point.  Which to restate is that veterans time investment isn't respected because  there really isn't any content exclusively for them.  Nor does them putting that much effort to be where they got going to make universal content much easier to complete.

For the vanilla versions, there's this stuff called "platinum". 

The word "respect" doesn't mean what you seem to think it means. A MR8 is no less worthy of respect just because they haven't been here as long. And if they play just as well as you with a particular set of gear on a particular game mode, why shouldn't they be respected exactly as much as someone who has played since the beginning? 

Look, if someone wants to dump money into the game and just level and dump gear, abuse the meta to maximize xp per minute played, and be carried through the Star Chart we both know that they can hit MR20 and know absolutely nothing. Why should they automatically be considered worthy of respect than someone who is actually good at something regardless of rank? 

Another way to put it is that I didn't really bother to rank up after level 16. Last time I checked I should be able to go all the way up to level 24/25 if I do the tests. The other day I was bored and decided to do some levels to make farming reactants a bit better. I went from 16 to 22 in a week. It didn't change my skill level, or ability to handle different parts of the game one bit. Is the MR 16 version of me not as good? Are they less worthy of respect? Will the MR 25 version of me be somehow better than I am at 22 or 16? The obvious answer is no. So the whole elitist MR 20 deserve more respect than an MR 8 thing you proposed is nonsense on all levels. 

And you're still wrong about "no content exclusively for vets". There are the exclusives that we get as daily milestones. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

For the vanilla versions, there's this stuff called "platinum". 

The word "respect" doesn't mean what you seem to think it means. A MR8 is no less worthy of respect just because they haven't been here as long. And if they play just as well as you with a particular set of gear on a particular game mode, why shouldn't they be respected exactly as much as someone who has played since the beginning? 

Look, if someone wants to dump money into the game and just level and dump gear, abuse the meta to maximize xp per minute played, and be carried through the Star Chart we both know that they can hit MR20 and know absolutely nothing. Why should they automatically be considered worthy of respect than someone who is actually good at something regardless of rank? 

Another way to put it is that I didn't really bother to rank up after level 16. Last time I checked I should be able to go all the way up to level 24/25 if I do the tests. The other day I was bored and decided to do some levels to make farming reactants a bit better. I went from 16 to 22 in a week. It didn't change my skill level, or ability to handle different parts of the game one bit. Is the MR 16 version of me not as good? Are they less worthy of respect? Will the MR 25 version of me be somehow better than I am at 22 or 16? The obvious answer is no. So the whole elitist MR 20 deserve more respect than an MR 8 thing you proposed is nonsense on all levels. 

I'm honestly just floored that I have to explain such a basic sentence to you again and again so i'm just out after this.  MR was used as a example to some what accurately chart how long someone has been playing/how much of the game someone has interacted with.  I was in no way indicating that a lower MR player was to be treated less and you've entirely missed the point on what I meant by respect.  So I will try again and for the third and final time.

There's absolutely zero reason in the game to push your builds as far as they can go.  There's is zero reason to min max any particular setup you have.  Both of these things are factors that are more relevant to people who've been around forever than people who only play the game casually.  The developers continue to develop content that anyone can complete.  They go out of their way to make sure people just getting into the game can get anything in the game and play anything in the game.  This kind of design means there is very little incentive to stick around after you've completed the latest content drop.

The vets for the most part have been asking for some specific piece of content that  challenges their build crafting.  Something that gives meaning to the time they invest into the game.  Like if everyone could farm for some new and desired mods.  But the vets could do so more efficiently because of what they have available to them.  I really do not know how to spell it out for you.  There is basically no lasting reason to play the game.  If you're totally fine with this than more power to you.  But I don't see what is wrong with giving something to veteran players.

And you're still wrong about "no content exclusively for vets". There are the exclusives that we get as daily milestones. 

Clearly not.  Because if it was sufficient and what veterans have been wanting then player retention wouldn't be a constant problem.  Warframe only peaks with population when new content drops.  The devs are aware of this.  So they cater more towards bringing in the big numbers than they do finding ways to keep players around who've been around for awhile.  No one is asking for them to exclusively cater to vets.  But it seriously wouldn't hurt them to give them something they actually want.  It's not like other games don't do a decent job at supporting longevity whilst creating new things to pull in new players.  DE just doesn't care enough.

If Warframe isn't meant to be a game you invest time into like more popular mmo/rpg style games then all they need to do is be clear on that.  But they insist they're aware of the issue and that they don't cater to any one crowd.

Honestly for myself, playing for 6+ years, it really boils down to DE adding too much. They continue to add needless commodities and pretty lights for the sake of... different is better? But for sure the arcane change + the event that handed them out like candy, really made me wonder what it's all worth. Rivens definitely ruined trade chat and the overall price of prime sets, kind of soured the whole reason to play. 

These past few updates just feel like 100% fluff and it's really disappointing. The new warframe is another on the fodder pile, seriously, there's enough warframes please stop. When will DE stop and look at what's already there? Umbra? Hello? Are you there...? *Crickets

Also, DE made the picture overlay when hovering over a mission on the star chart ginormous, idk why in particular it just makes me question why. There's no purpose.

But hey, tennogen looks real nice.

Archived