The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The steel path is another "island"

DemonStrikerX

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

At least give me the points, will you?

The guy who made the video presents different forms of new game plus approaches developers take, how they differ and how some add to the game in different ways. 

Example:

Super Mario Galaxy lets you play as Luigi who controls differently to Mario.
Chrono Trigger adds more endings. 
Original Legend of Zelda added a second quest to the game, has multiple bosses and changed dungeon layouts. 
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time changes enemy placements and map layouts. 

The rest I'll leave to the video. 

17 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What is an "Island"? Sounds like just a nebulous buzzword for complaints popularized by some streamers.

You can literally call anything an island if you want to hate on it.

The infamous "Content Island" describes various aspects of the game that do not share of functionality that connects them to any other areas of the game, and once done to the point of obtaining everything there is to obtain from them, there's no reason to go back to them.

Personally, I'd have hoped "The Steel Path" had the option of "Combining" all the special mission types into one.
Say you have a nightmare mission, and a syphon, and a fissure, and the arbitration in one node, Combine all of those into One single mission, yes, it sounds ridiculous, yes some missions can become literally Impossible to do with some setups/frames and whatnot, but that's the whole point, we need reasons to use our arsenal, if you make it so every single mission can be done with literally everything, then all the effort of getting everything was for nothing, it's a slap in the face, for all the time and effort spent collecting our entire arsenal, all the time and effort spend maximizing specific loadouts for very specific tasks.

I get it, warframe is supposed to be enjoyable by everyone, but the very nature of humanity means we can never be pleased equally.

8 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Precisely, I could have accepted some nightmare tier failure states for spy on steel path but the only thing I see are sponge path enemies, BTW, turning them against each other allowed me to confirm something I still hate, they can do a lot of damage only to the player, they tickle each other despite their damage output.

It's unavoidable due to how the game mechanics are set up. Since players themselves don't really scale that much, enemy defenses have to scale much higher than enemy attacks or players will just get splattered.

6 hours ago, 844448 said:

Show me a game where the NG+ is not the exact same one you go through when you start the game and no rewards to incentivize?

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (and its sequel that came out today). For CotM1, there are two NG+ modes that revamp enemy layouts, boss attacks, and either start you out with an enhanced version of the main character, or all of the "Recruitable" characters from the first playthrough. The latter also includes a different final boss, and story-wise is effectively a sequel to the main playthrough.

The sequel has multiple NG+ modes that are unlocked sequentially and each start you out with different party compositions (meaning new routes through the levels are opened up), story motivations and enemy layouts/boss patterns.

Clearly it is not intended for all players , those that do not find a reason to play it really are not losing much (other than mastery and a few cosmetics) so its really ok to skip it.

DE was very clear with what it was supposed to be ,

it is very much for those that have nothing better to do with their OP loadouts.

6 hours ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

The guy who made the video presents different forms of new game plus approaches developers take, how they differ and how some add to the game in different ways. 

Example:

Super Mario Galaxy lets you play as Luigi who controls differently to Mario.
Chrono Trigger adds more endings. 
Original Legend of Zelda added a second quest to the game, has multiple bosses and changed dungeon layouts. 
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time changes enemy placements and map layouts. 

The rest I'll leave to the video. 

Now tell me, how exactly are you going to put these in warframe?

51 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (and its sequel that came out today). For CotM1, there are two NG+ modes that revamp enemy layouts, boss attacks, and either start you out with an enhanced version of the main character, or all of the "Recruitable" characters from the first playthrough. The latter also includes a different final boss, and story-wise is effectively a sequel to the main playthrough.

The sequel has multiple NG+ modes that are unlocked sequentially and each start you out with different party compositions (meaning new routes through the levels are opened up), story motivations and enemy layouts/boss patterns.

And is it an online game like warframe? Surely we can at least take the layout part but unfortunately I remember a Tenno said that having enemies that hit you without warning is unfair, even when enemies in question is a sniper which is supposed to take down enemies without warning so what can we do? Too bad I can't remember the Tenno who said it

7 minutes ago, 844448 said:

And is it an online game like warframe?

Irrelevant. You asked if there were new game+ modes that differed from the base game in a meaningful way. To add further conditions after an example has been provided is to move the goalposts.

4 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Irrelevant. You asked if there were new game+ modes that differed from the base game in a meaningful way. To add further conditions after an example has been provided is to move the goalposts.

Now, how are you going to apply what you said about the NG+ into warframe then?

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

Now, how are you going to apply what you said about the NG+ into warframe then?

You can just look at Borderlands, Diablo 2/3, Grim Dawn, Old PoE and other games with increasing difficulties that could very well be converted to fit WF. All with new rules, better (sometimes new) loot and so on.

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

You can just look at Borderlands, Diablo 2/3, Grim Dawn, Old PoE and other games with increasing difficulties that could very well be converted to fit WF. All with new rules, better (sometimes new) loot and so on.

Now, what rules? And for the better (sometimes new) loot, what kind of loot we're talking about? Our loot is resources so new resources to grind?

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

So you want more RNG loot in WF?

Just now, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Was that your question I replied to, or did you only ask if NG+ is different among other games? 

You have some examples of the NG+, now how are you going to implement it in warframe?

1 hour ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

First off, did you even watch the video or are you only going off the handful of examples I provided? 

Even with all of those in the video, how are you going to implement those things in warframe other than increased enemy stat?

12 hours ago, 844448 said:

Now, what rules? And for the better (sometimes new) loot, what kind of loot we're talking about? Our loot is resources so new resources to grind?

Mutators, more affixes on mobs, altered resistances that require more specific setups, more elite density, new boss mechanics in some cases. For us loot would be riven slivers, steel essence (at an actual acceptable rate), "endgame" resources like kuva being more common (maybe through siphons being available 24/7 in Steel Path). They could also add "kuva weapons" as very rare drops that end up in our foundry just like when we kill liches, with limitations similar to RJ components, so we can only store X amount of BP's. DE just needs to think out of the box a wee bit. They could also add universal crafting mats to steel path, one of each rarity that can be traded in for the mats we need or want at Teshin at a 1:1 ratio. Several things like that to remove the whole island thing and make it more inline with other looter games. Right now Steel Path wont help the Star Chart the way they imagined, earth wont be visited for any reason once we've cleared it since it still offers nothing. Low eximus density etc. making it pointless to far essence, So we'll sit at the same nodes we did in normal, rendering the whole steel path implementation kinda obsolete.

12 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

So you want more RNG loot in WF?

To a degree yes. What I want most is consistancy and balance in rewards between the two star charts. But I'd welcome RNG weapons for instance, not to the point of BL with their "billions" of weapons, but like the Lich weapons, though with no way to predetermine what element it comes with. They could add a new tier of weapons that has the same power as the kuva weapons, simply call them Mastercraft and make them drop based on the faction we fight, with bosses having their own special weapons. So we could get something like a Mastercraft Grinlok from Grineer and a Mastercraft Detron from Corpus etc.

Archived