Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path Index

So... just did a Steel Path Index just to see if the rewards were any different, and we got the exact same payout as a standard Index. Was hoping Index got an exception for rewards since it's a credit farm, so the 100% mod drop + resource drop chance booster doesn't really have much of an effect on Index. It'd be nice if we got 2x the credit payout for Steel Path Index. Just my thought on the matter since the enemies do take a bit longer to kill, seems like a fair request, no?

4 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

71617485a503342d6a7db62d41ce7f6b.png&key=de4da2aa167c0364b2a58d2cc80ca7b6272f431671a5da05e47b6742f5e15843

Why would it be different, Not seeing a credit booster. So what was expected? Steel path was not made for efficient farming.

And yet people are already using it for efficient farming of kuva. 200 or so essences in 2-3 hours of farming, that's 130k kuva right there. Why have the boosters there at all then? Like I said earlier, I was hoping Index would be a special case because the entire purpose of Index is just to farm credits.

1 minute ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

And yet people are already using it for efficient farming of kuva. 200 or so essences in 2-3 hours of farming, that's 130k kuva right there. Why have the boosters there at all then? Like I said earlier, I was hoping Index would be a special case because the entire purpose of Index is just to farm credits.

I think this is a tricky situation, not that it is our fault DE put themselves in it.

The problem is they made a big deal early on about not wanting it to be the most efficient rewards, or become the farming meta, etc. However, no matter how hard they try, there will be people who do just that, if nothing else than just by starting endless missions with a bit higher level and more spawns. 

They already opened that door, they can't close it, but they don't want to encourage it too much. The problem though is, with nodes like say, Index which is a good example you brought up, based on its mechanics, there really is no reason at all to play it once you've completed it for SP. You might as well do it on lower level, there is no benefit at all to doing it on SP. 

So this is kind of the pickle they put themselves in... where with things like Index, it is meant to be done repeatedly, not just completed once for SP, but it will become a dead node very fast and no one will want to repeat it. They have this tightrope they are walking between making certain SP nodes too important, and people just never doing certain nodes again, leaving even repeatable nodes dead in the water. 

15 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I think this is a tricky situation, not that it is our fault DE put themselves in it.

The problem is they made a big deal early on about not wanting it to be the most efficient rewards, or become the farming meta, etc. However, no matter how hard they try, there will be people who do just that, if nothing else than just by starting endless missions with a bit higher level and more spawns. 

They already opened that door, they can't close it, but they don't want to encourage it too much. The problem though is, with nodes like say, Index which is a good example you brought up, based on its mechanics, there really is no reason at all to play it once you've completed it for SP. You might as well do it on lower level, there is no benefit at all to doing it on SP. 

So this is kind of the pickle they put themselves in... where with things like Index, it is meant to be done repeatedly, not just completed once for SP, but it will become a dead node very fast and no one will want to repeat it. They have this tightrope they are walking between making certain SP nodes too important, and people just never doing certain nodes again, leaving even repeatable nodes dead in the water. 

Index actually isn't even a requirement for the completion of SP.

Although, they could just add a 4th option under Index labeled Steel Path with higher credit gains; and while they're at it, adjust the Steel Path Bounty rewards so they aren't a copy/paste of the rewards from half the level. It's one thing to not want it to be -the- best farming method by a long shot, but it being a complete pointless thing to even participate in is worse in my opinion.

23 minutes ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

that is also an inefficient farming for it turns out for it seem kuva fort survival is a huge joke and it is a meme now for I made my complain about that ages ago and several dozens of ppl had made the same complain about the survival kuva fort of making "short kuva" for it is better to farm it on relic requiem.  We also have the index farming but no reason boost the credit when players just blast all the NPC like funny bunnies that being well

Spoiler

basically that we do to the corpus with our weapons every time so basically we don't really need make it double that much.  At the time being we only need different type of reward to be more rewarding.

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

As a player I want it, but thinking from the perspective of the developers and what they intend for Steel Path, I doubt that is a toy they will be giving us to play with. 

Hard Mode Index giving more Credits wouldn't be a bad thing. The Profit Taker already makes the Index obsolete in payout provided you bring a good setup. Right now the only thing going for Index is how laid back it is compared to Profit Taker. It wouldn't be gamebreaking to give more rewards in Index Hard Mode.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

It's almost as if they said it was mainly just going to be increased levels and not end game material. 🤔

Strawman argument, no one brought up anything about it being end-game. Just requesting increased credit rewards for higher level enemies as there's literally 0 reason to do it otherwise since it doesn't give star chart progress or mastery.

4 minutes ago, nslay said:

Steel Path Index would be for one run to clear the node. It won't replace the normal Index as a practical credit farm... And that's all anybody really cares about when it comes to Index.

You don't need to run it at all, the node is just cleared for you if you cleared the node adjacent to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Steel Path as it stands, in general, is pointless.  Challenge yourself? cool. that lasts a couple of hours and then never do again.  Take advantage of the boosters?  good luck.  You're probably the only one in the mission so killing is slower.  It would go faster to just go regular unless you got friends who also want to farm that specific resource at that time.  That might work out if you have a super active guild or have active friends.  Rewards for steel path?  Unless you like the operator costume and the ephemeras, there's nothing really there worth farming steel path for  (The ephemeras are dope though).  The steel path index is just more pointless since you literally gain nothing from doing it.  Nothing changes on steel path other than it taking longer for index.  Once DE gives us a reason to care about steel path, then it won't be pointless.

On 2020-07-12 at 4:59 PM, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

Because casuals don't need or want kuva. They dont even like rivens.....

On 2020-07-12 at 5:11 PM, Yamazuki said:

Index actually isn't even a requirement for the completion of SP.

Although, they could just add a 4th option under Index labeled Steel Path with higher credit gains; and while they're at it, adjust the Steel Path Bounty rewards so they aren't a copy/paste of the rewards from half the level. It's one thing to not want it to be -the- best farming method by a long shot, but it being a complete pointless thing to even participate in is worse in my opinion.

It's not pointless....once again.....its for the higher level.

In regular index, i have to play for like and hour for level 200 plus enemies.

On 2020-07-12 at 7:28 PM, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

Strawman argument, no one brought up anything about it being end-game. Just requesting increased credit rewards for higher level enemies as there's literally 0 reason to do it otherwise since it doesn't give star chart progress or mastery.

There actually is a reason to do it....once again....its the reason why steel path is there in the first place......

To fight higher level enemies. 

53 minutes ago, PhoenixianSlayer said:

Steel Path as it stands, in general, is pointless.  Challenge yourself? cool. that lasts a couple of hours and then never do again.  Take advantage of the boosters?  good luck.  You're probably the only one in the mission so killing is slower.  It would go faster to just go regular unless you got friends who also want to farm that specific resource at that time.  That might work out if you have a super active guild or have active friends.  Rewards for steel path?  Unless you like the operator costume and the ephemeras, there's nothing really there worth farming steel path for  (The ephemeras are dope though).  The steel path index is just more pointless since you literally gain nothing from doing it.  Nothing changes on steel path other than it taking longer for index.  Once DE gives us a reason to care about steel path, then it won't be pointless.

Stop attributing your own desires to other players. You have no idea why me or anyone else that asked for the Steel Path plays it. 

If you cant understand that not everyone is reward driven then don't play steel path if you think its pointless.

With this Update, we are introducing ‘The Steel Path’, a way to replay the Star Chart with all regions receiving +100 enemy levels. 

What it is:
 Higher Difficulty Series of content that rewards exclusive cosmetic decorations, emotes, and mastery.
An extra layer of opportunity for players to use their powerful gear to take on threats at a higher level without having to wait in missions for long periods of time.
 A way to engage with some better scaling Affinity and Mod Rewards.

What it isn’t:
 - intended to be associated with the nebulous ‘end game’ topic.
 - overly complicated in its goal to simply provide higher level content and some exclusive rewards.
 - tiered. We are providing one 100+ level pass to be cognizant of matchmaking for our first iteration. 

I even bolded the important parts for you guys. You are welcome.

On 2020-07-12 at 1:47 PM, Firetempest said:

71617485a503342d6a7db62d41ce7f6b.png&key=de4da2aa167c0364b2a58d2cc80ca7b6272f431671a5da05e47b6742f5e15843

Why would it be different, Not seeing a credit booster. So what was expected? Steel path was not made for efficient farming.

OP's wish was that the drop table would have been different, since the Index technically uses a drop table

16 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

OP's wish was that the drop table would have been different, since the Index technically uses a drop table

But that's still a drop 'chance' not 'boost'. They want a different booster. Its also a month old topic drug up by a new forum account.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Stop attributing your own desires to other players. You have no idea why me or anyone else that asked for the Steel Path plays it. 

If you cant understand that not everyone is reward driven then don't play steel path if you think its pointless.

You don't understand, I wanted Steel Path too.  Everyone did.  They wanted some new difficulty to challenge themselves.  However, unless you specifically want to play a multiplayer game solo with more difficult enemies for less rewards, this gamemode isn't for you.  You can challenge yourself, that's fine, but know you are doing a lot more work for a lot less reward.  I personally enjoy challenging myself in this game, but when I have limited time to play, I don't see the value in spending all of it on a place where I won't really advance anything.  If I could at least get a party for more than one rotation, I wouldn't complain.  However, its hard to find even a one rotation party on places like Saturn or other places with resources I need to farm.  At least then, I would know that I invested my time for the day in a worthwhile place.  

So, I wouldn't say that I am specifically reward driven, just annoyed that I have to choose between getting a decent amount of progress for my account OR challenging myself

2 minutes ago, PhoenixianSlayer said:

You don't understand, I wanted Steel Path too.  Everyone did.  They wanted some new difficulty to challenge themselves.  However, unless you specifically want to play a multiplayer game solo with more difficult enemies for less rewards, this gamemode isn't for you.  You can challenge yourself, that's fine, but know you are doing a lot more work for a lot less reward.  I personally enjoy challenging myself in this game, but when I have limited time to play, I don't see the value in spending all of it on a place where I won't really advance anything.  If I could at least get a party for more than one rotation, I wouldn't complain.  However, its hard to find even a one rotation party on places like Saturn or other places with resources I need to farm.  At least then, I would know that I invested my time for the day in a worthwhile place.  

So, I wouldn't say that I am specifically reward driven, just annoyed that I have to choose between getting a decent amount of progress for my account OR challenging myself

What rewards do you need that you don't have now? 

As the post by DE suggests, this is also a place for people to test out gear they already have. 

A lot of us already have multiple frames and weapons with 4 to 8 forma, multiple rivens, millions of resources, and plenty of plat and all the skins we want, 30 millions credits etc. 

If you still "need" a lot from the game, maybe you still need to grind a bit more in the regular part of the game. It's going to be way more faster and efficient. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

What rewards do you need that you don't have now? 

As the post by DE suggests, this is also a place for people to test out gear they already have. 

A lot of us already have multiple frames and weapons with 4 to 8 forma, multiple rivens, millions of resources, and plenty of plat and all the skins we want, 30 millions credits etc. 

If you still "need" a lot from the game, maybe you still need to grind a bit more in the regular part of the game. It's going to be way more faster and efficient. 

Just because YOU have all of that doesn't mean that everyone that can play Steel Path does.  There are players in the middle that have some gear at that level, but are still progressing through the game.  It would be efficient and fun to use Steel Path at my level since I have at least some gear that works at that level.  However, YOU CAN'T GET PARTIES UNLESS YOU FORM ONE YOURSELF.  THAT IS LITERALLY THE PROBLEM THAT WITH STEEL PATH RN.  ONLY PEOPLE WHO OWN EVERYTHING IN THE GAME CAN JUST JUMP INTO IT WITHOUT A CARE IN THE WORLD.  EVERYONE ELSE HAS TO DECIDE.  NOT EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO PLAY STEEL PATH HAVE NOTHING TO DO IN THE GAME!

Archived