3 hours ago, (PSN)Deadmazter_ said:
  • "There are platform exclusive gear and cosmetics; allowing more migrations, cross-save or cross-play means allowing platform exclusive items to move onto other platforms"
    • Fortnite (and dozens of other games) have this but if its really an issue you could lock the usage to not be cross-play for exclusive items
  • Console manufacturers would be potentially losing players
    • I think PC players also move to console. I did for a couple years and now I'm back on PC. Also crossplay might bring back players and so theres more PC AND Console players! So everyone ends up winning.
  • Console manufacturers would likely lose out on the % cut they get from users buying platinum (people would migrate to PC, buy platinum with the PC discount, and move back)
    • Fortnite (and dozens of other games) have this though and console manufacturers haven't complained. I wonder if DE actually ever made this excuse or if people came up with this one for them. I think if we stopped making excuses for them they'd prioritize this much higher and it would get them to do it. I honestly thing they'd make so much money because I have friends who moved on to PC or switched consoles and quit the game because they lost their progression. Warframe has been around for so many years that I bet there is a decent chunk of people in that boat who would gladly come back if crossplay were implemented.
  • The game has a trading system that allows players to trade and move around the premium currency between accounts
    • Merging the economies is a good thing imo. It'll create a healthier market. Also its not like platinum is that harder to earn on different platforms and if it is then DE would have good incentive to balance that which I think would be good for the game.

In short. Give us crossplay/crossprogression/account migration plssssss. 

Sincerely,

someone who wants to play Warframe again

Okay so the main reason it can’t happen;

On PC you can buy 4200p for $50.

On switch you can get 3210p for $220.

Connecting these economies would be absolutely disastrous.

Edited by _R_o_g_u_e_
15 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

As expected from a fortnite player.

I mean, fortnite is THE "entry level videogame" for a reason.

Dude wtf? What are you contributing to this conversation?

You were the same guy complaining about how the new Ero’s ephemera ruins the game for you, and now you’re here ragging on someone who’s played Fortnite?

Why are you so bitter and angry?

Edited by _R_o_g_u_e_
7 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I've had a person literally dismiss my post because I had PSN next to my name

Oh No What GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

Also a quick search for crossplay/crossave will get you why it's still not here. Read this for once:

The problem with cross play is that they would need to slow the updates way, way down on pc. Instead of a bug being fixed the next day it may take like two weeks for the update to go through certification on all the platforms so they can apply it to all of them at the same time. This is basically a requirement for crossplay since everyone needs to be on the same version of the game.

17 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

1. PC migrating to console? Are you aware that some PC players have a stereotype of having massive egos? Why do you think they jokingly call themselves a "master race"? I've had a person literally dismiss my post because I had PSN next to my name, while not being smart enough to realize people can play this game on multiple platforms. PC players have massive egos and think they're better than console players.

They’ve done this before so what’s stopping them from doing it again?

13 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

You were the same guy complaining about how the new Ero’s ephemera ruins the game for you, and now you’re here ragging on someone who’s played Fortnite?

hmmm, let's see...

17 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

ATE7.gif

what's this guy contributed to the conversation?

(obviously you're pointing out that OP is beating on a dead horse, @TARINunit9. i love you man, +1)

14 hours ago, minininja77 said:

I would say "its that time of the week", but its more like "its that time of the day" with all these cross-play posts, 

(obviously you're pointing out the same thing that this topic has been talked about too many times and OP didn't contribute anything new to the situation. i agree with you @minininja77 +1)

13 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

3 hours, and this hasn't been locked yet?  Mods are sleeping I guess.

(obviously you're pointing out that this thread is useless and serve very little purpose for the same reason that we all agree on, therefore should just be locked. i love you too @(PSN)Lollybomb +1)

========================

i agree with all these guys, OP is beating a horse that's been dead for a very long time.
most of his suggestions are subjective, and not even good ones. just look at his bullet points: number 1 & 3 just referencing other game, we all know that "i think warframe should be more like this other game i play" is another dead horse beating that has been beaten up one too many times in this forum.
and number 2 & 4 is just saying that "the problems are no problem" without no real backing argument. basically starting a "my word against your word" argument towards sony & DE. (sony thinks crossplay is risky because they can potentially lose player, OP thinks no no no! more players from PC would move to ps4 & ps5 instead! - DE doesn't want to do crossplay because economy will merge, OP thinks merging economy is good, period!)

i pointed out that OP referenced fortnite a couple of times.
and being notorious as an entry level game that's mostly played by younger gamers who just got into gaming and didn't know much about how the industry nor game designs works, OP failed to deny his stereotype and didn't provide fundamental solutions to the problems that cross-play/save/progression/whatever is facing.

by all means if he managed to do the unexpected from his stereotype and provides meaningful suggestions, i will face all those guys above me and defend OP. but sadly he wasn't, and i had to brought up the fortnite joke -my apology to anyone who happen to adore fortnite btw.

========================

NOW... let us all calm down. and take a good look at this comment:

13 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

what does this comment contribute to this conversation?

all it does is bringing up a forum beef from some other thread to poor OP's thread.
even if you disagree with my reply, you didn't provide any backing arguments for OP. you're just here to argue with me. your contribution to this conversation is definitely less than mine if not absolutely zero.
OP has gotten enough flak already. now he gotta deal with some people arguing on his thread?? my my...

and it's only a beef in your mind. i never think of myself to have a problem with you. i made a post in some thread, and if somebody like you disagrees, well it's their rights. i'm not here to shove down my believes to everyone's throats.
why do you keep hating me and chasing me around this forum? just like what i said in that ephemera thread, you desperately need to look in the mirror, why are YOU so bitter and angry?
think about it, you chase me around the forums, and accuse me of a crime (not contributing) that you're blatantly doing yourself. you angry with me, amigo? feel bitter about my comments?

look, my friend... i'm too old for these kind of stuff.
i gave you a chance in that ephemera thread to think about your actions. as you can see i'm pretty good in self restraint. so i'm going to do it one last time: think about what you've done here. no matter how tempting, i will not argue to your comments here any further.
you can have the last words and probably feel good about yourself. but as everyone can see from our cute little banter, you really could use your own advises. the only way you can "salvage a draw" out of this is by not replying any further, and simply think about your actions.

• Like 1

Actually, it's lose lose for the players, simply because of the need to keep the builds in sync for crossplay to work at all.

PC players lose immediate access to builds (having to wait for them to pass Console cert), console players lose access to the bugfixed build that they receive thanks to PC catching most of the issues, and all platforms have to deal with a less stable game. Don't believe me? Look no further than Heart of Deimos' launch. Because it was held back for a simultaneous console release (per Steve's stream, in which he mentioned a few times that the update was waiting on Console cert, which would mean that the PC build was already completed), Console ended up stuck with issues like Necramech parts falling through the floor for weeks after release, while PC didn't even make it 8 hours before a new hotfix brought the builds back out of sync.

Cross save is your best bet, and even then it's not an easy thing to do, due to issues mentioned already in this thread and others.

• Like 3

Locking.

On 2021-02-02 at 11:07 AM, Letter13 said:

Going to lock this, as there's not really a whole lot we can do about it.

Here are the bullet-point summaries:

• DE has expressed interest in crossplay/cross-save
  • DE cannot implement crossplay/cross-save on consoles unless all console manufacturers agree, in the interest of fairness
  • Other games like Destiny may have gotten it, but Warframe isn't Destiny and contains gameplay elements that other crossplay/cross-save games do not
    • The ability to trade the premium currency is probably the biggest obstacle to getting unanimous approval from Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo, if I had to guess
  • A large number of platform-exclusive gear exists in the game, and not all players on all platforms had opportunities to get these items
    • Founders gear, limited PC event weapons, Limited time skins and cosmetics could cause issues, and were a point of contention for the limited-time PC-to-Console account migrations; these items were removed during the migration process and could not be used on the console version(s) of Warframe.

• Like 2

Since Epic Games owns DE now, I was hoping we get dedicated servers first before any cross save/corss play gets added in. Personally, I prefer to be behind in updates to PC. The recent updates are buggy as hell. With hotfixes coming within days after patch is launched. Nope. Let's just have the PC beta testers play for hours on end to lose all their stuff because of bugs and glitches.

I understated that a lot of users are wanting to have cross-progression (and potentially Cross-play). This could go under a step from my previous thread (https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1247908-idea-for-approach-to-crossprogression-and-eventually-cross-play/ ), but this is more of a generalized improvement for the website and forum that can be used for DE to probe the Cross-platform systems while also giving DE Staff and Players something that could be used day-to-day.

• Allow users to link their Console account to their pc account on the main account management. The general idea is very similar to how the recent Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 ( https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1249107-warframe-twitch-drops-20-coming-february-16th/ ) announcement works.
  • Allow users who have a properly linked console account to great threads in the per-console forums. This should help with bug reports since these users could potentially validate if the bug occurs on other platforms as well. An example is that if a player links their Playstation Network Account, they gain access to create threads in the Playstation 4 forums as well.
  • Add per-platform platinum display to the user profile ( https://www.warframe.com/user ). After all, each platforms platinum pool are separate right now.
  • Add a setting to the user account page to specify which platform they want redeemed Twitch Drops 2.0 drops to go to.
  • Add forum badges to proudly show who is playing warframe on multiple platforms.
  • Long-term: Use these Account links as a measure to see how many people are interested in Cross-progression or cross-play. This could also be used to determine whether or not additional account migrations would be needed.

•  

1 hour ago, dandeloreon said:
  • Long-term: Use these Account links as a measure to see how many people are interested in Cross-progression or cross-play. This could also be used to determine whether or not additional account migrations would be needed.

If you properly read your previous Topic, you would come across this:

On 2021-02-03 at 11:37 AM, Eliohan said:

This is not a technical issue. It is all about the unwillingness of the respective companys who own the consoles.

But, to simplify it for you PLAYERs want it, DE wants it, XBox/PS/Nintendo DONT want it. So until those 3 companies come to an agreement to share their Warframe player datas with both [DE] and each other, there will be no Cross-Play/Platforming or anything in between.

6 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

If you properly read your previous Topic, you would come across this:

But, to simplify it for you PLAYERs want it, DE wants it, XBox/PS/Nintendo DONT want it. So until those 3 companies come to an agreement to share their Warframe player datas with both [DE] and each other, there will be no Cross-Play/Platforming or anything in between.

The console manufacturers have changed their tunes a bit in the past five years, so there is a possibility to get this feature. Just read the Wikipedia page (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-platform_play ). A short rundown with articles from this are as follows...

There is a lot of technical details to getting cross-platform save and play working. However, I believe the feature is good for both the warframe community, and developers as well. I do understand that a few users do not want to play the game outside of their oasis, so that is why I should mention that the Cross-platform features probably should be set in the following in-game options...

• Option to disable all Cross-platform features.
  • Option to Enable Cross-platform data migration (Cross-Save/Cross-progression)
  • Option to enable Cross-platform Chat
  • Option to enable Cross-platform Voip Chat
  • Option to Enable Cross-platform on missions - I Doubt this will be needed, but you never know.
  • Option to Enable Cross-platform on Free Roam maps. - I also doubt this is needed, but there is always a chance.
  • Option to Enable Cross-platform PvP combat - Let the users decide if they want to try their hand at battling others on other platforms.

Me and a friend of mine are old warframe players but recently transferred to PC and we want to get back into the game but cannot handle the slow load times and the low FPS can anyone give me any good news on cross save?

Edited by cshenriksen
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forums tenno.

Sadly crosssave is not yet a thing and a lot of people have been asking this recently . Like a LOT

DE current official statements is currently "We want it too but we don't have news yet. We will scream it everywhere when it happens don't worry" kind of thing ^.^

Edited by trunks013

When it's done.

Though I'm not sure what the relevance is to having poor performance on PC. Cross save won't help you there and if you're struggling now it'll only get worse in the future.