The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More rewards options by Teshin (Steel path)

JohnnyMeta

Umbra Forma Blueprint = 100 Steel essence

Legendary core = ¿? Steel essence

Arcanes or New arcane = ¿? Steel essence

New primed mod = ¿? Steel essence

Random Veiled riven = ¿? Steel essence 

1 Orokin Reactor or Catalyst Blueprint  = ¿? Steel essence

Syndicate Mods = ¿? Steel essence 

Weapon Skin = ¿? Steel essence

New decoration = ¿? Steel essence

New mods = ¿? Steel essence

34 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

No way an endgame mode will have endgame rewards.

DE said in both the dev workshop and patch notes steel path is not endgame

45 minutes ago, JohnnyMeta said:

Syndicate Mods = ¿? Steel essence 

that would make syndicates useless, unless it's only the "new" conlave mods converted into PvE

46 minutes ago, JohnnyMeta said:

New mods = ¿? Steel essence

people would feel forced to do it and faster burn out no thanks

47 minutes ago, JohnnyMeta said:

Arcanes or New arcane = ¿? Steel essence

new? sure old ones? no let's not kill eidolons okay?

47 minutes ago, JohnnyMeta said:

New primed mod = ¿? Steel essence

same with new mods, faster burn out and feeling forced to do it bad idea.

the rest is alright.

It won't happen, simply because it is too easy to farm large amounts of Steel Essence.

Of course, from a personal viewpoint I wouldn't mind being able to get an Umbra Forma from solo-farming for a few hours (and faster with a team). But from the game's viewpoint it would be a really bad idea, since the end result would be that the (quite op) Umbra mods would be used on all the warframes/weapons a player likes to use, pushing the "normal" mods out and introducing a new, less diverse "Umbra meta".

If this was possible, I wouldn't be able to stop myself. Even if I already know that this would make my Warframe experience poorer and less diverse. So after a couple of weeks I would have a few "umbra'ed" warframes and "umbra'ed" weapons, and due to being more powerful they would become my goto category 1 equipment, at the same time pushing all the other warframes into category 2 (and 3), to be mostly forgotten. Farming 1-3 Umbra Forma for ALL warframes (and good weapons) is simply too time-consuming.

2 hours ago, AltairFerenc said:

DE said in both the dev workshop and patch notes steel path is not endgame

Yeah, that doesn't make it "not endgame". Otherwise it would be a simple raise in levels without need for special modifiers to make it harder. That quote lacks the part in which they also stated that Steel Path was merely supposed to erase the first hour or so in missions, and go straight to high levels. This even has a partial origin in the fact that DE dislikes content creators ignoring missions in their videos and prefer the simulacrum. So those original, pre-test cluster statements, aren't really valid for the actual Steel Path that ended up being released.

Besides, it is literally the hardest you can go in the game, making it literally endgame, as in the end of the line, for now.

So DE can say what they want, it is endgame in my eyes. Even if it doesn't appease to the tryhard crowd.

Unless you jack up these prices substantially, Steel Essence is just too easy to get large quantities of for these kinds of drops. They will also likely increase the drops for Steel Essence, since that's what they do to every update.

Something they could do, that I've been thinking about for a while, is to add primed versions of all the regular and alt helms of all the frames. Bit by bit, obviously. I don't really want to use the default primed helm, and I like some of the other helms alot more, but they don't look right on the primed armour. For example, Inaros Anubis helm I prefer to his other helms, but it doesn't look quite right on his prime. If they want people coming back to Steel Path, then they could add these over time as primed versions. The base is there, just alter them slightly and prime them.

I feel like it wouldn't have hurt to add a few weapons either. Log in reward gear takes much longer to get than going through the star chart twice.

Archived