Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

for farming steel essence for more than 3 hours they restricted the exchange for 330 hours

lormarowar

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

The system is meant to catch cheaters, and only sometimes affects legit players. There'll always be a need for such a system. The thing to do is ensure that the least number of legit players is affected and that's what we already have. I'd guess that odds are that the majority of the people who are howling at you in this thread have never experienced this issue first hand and are just feigning outrage on other people's behalf. Unfortunately that's a thing, apparently. 

Oh of course. There are people who will be mad just cause. Give them just a little tiny reason and they will blow it out of proportions as much as they can.

1 hour ago, Eyymily said:

You can get 100 essence (tradeban ammount) in a 2h run with an optimized setup pretty easily and thats not exactly an endurance run

LOL. Sure. Uh huh. In a game where they have flat out said that they cater to the bitesize base. But sure, yeah, let's go with what you said. 

48 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

And we're reaching the same line again. We're not talking about generalized endurance runs. We're talking about how steel essence either requires you to spend 13 full nights of eidolon steel path hunting to get 1 ephemera, or 2h of steel path survival to get the required steel essence for all the cosmetic stuff steel path offers.

Steel Path, where you have an added booster, on top of extra boosters people got for whatever reason, and probably smeeta boosts. I'm reasonably sure that you can figure out how that might trigger the algorithm when it sees the omgwtfbbq levels of rewards you managed to gather in an endurance run. 

And again, like I said said you're talking about finding a way of condensing what would be weeks of play into a single days worth of play, and how that would lead to posts saying "we have nothing to do, why don't they give us some content, preferably with high level enemies so we can have endgame and then cheese it for rewards and demand more" (and we plainly already have those whether you do it or not.) 

57 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

I dislike doing endless runs, but it's my only choice to properly farm steel essence. But if I do so, and its' completely legit, I mean, anyone can do a 2 hour survival run, I have to pay for that with a 2 week trade ban? And the worst part is that a FEW cases do indeed get retconned and the ban is lifted, but several players get trade banned, send a message to support and the response timing is longer than the ban itself. And sometimes the answer is simply an automated response saying how you "did bad things and got trade banned. Got any more questions, check faq".

I'm curious about something. Has either of those actually happened to you when you did exactly what you just described? Or are you just complaining about it? 

41 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Oh of course. There are people who will be mad just cause. Give them just a little tiny reason and they will blow it out of proportions as much as they can.

Or no reason whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

LOL. Sure. Uh huh. In a game where they have flat out said that they cater to the bitesize base. But sure, yeah, let's go with what you said. 

that doesn't change the fact that a 2h run isn't an endurance run and still triggers the tradeban, besides, even if they do cater to people who never stay for longer than 20 min, punishing players that do is still wrong

16 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yeah, uh huh, totally, yep. 

Considering your comments I'm reaching the conclusion that you're just terrible at the game and since you can't do a simple 2h survival because "enemies are too strong", you decide to stick to the position of "long runs are bad and trade bans are fine", since you'll never be affected by them since you just can't do those "long" runs. And I said "long" and not long, because 2h isn't long at all. Back in 2015 I used to do 1~2h void tower survival runs to farm for prime parts. Now we do the same for steel essence and get trade banned for it and it's fine?

And about your comment about how steel path should be worth several weeks of gameplay: The steel path map did take me 4 days to complete, and the end i still only had 58 steel essence (after clearing more than 200 nodes). The fact you want to slowly and painfully grind steel essence instead of just doing a simple 2 hour survival run is the same as buying a calf, raising it till adult just to get milk from it (or meat), while you could just go to the supermaket and buy it yourself almost instantly. The thing is you'll go to jail for 2 weeks if you buy it in the supermarket. Get the analogy? Same deal here. You have the option to shorten the grind at the cost of a trade ban, which is something that shouldn't happen in the first place.

28 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

Considering your comments I'm reaching the conclusion that you're just terrible at the game and since you can't do a simple 2h survival because "enemies are too strong", you decide to stick to the position of "long runs are bad and trade bans are fine", since you'll never be affected by them since you just can't do those "long" runs. And I said "long" and not long, because 2h isn't long at all. Back in 2015 I used to do 1~2h void tower survival runs to farm for prime parts. Now we do the same for steel essence and get trade banned for it and it's fine?

And about your comment about how steel path should be worth several weeks of gameplay: The steel path map did take me 4 days to complete, and the end i still only had 58 steel essence (after clearing more than 200 nodes). The fact you want to slowly and painfully grind steel essence instead of just doing a simple 2 hour survival run is the same as buying a calf, raising it till adult just to get milk from it (or meat), while you could just go to the supermaket and buy it yourself almost instantly. The thing is you'll go to jail for 2 weeks if you buy it in the supermarket. Get the analogy? Same deal here. You have the option to shorten the grind at the cost of a trade ban, which is something that shouldn't happen in the first place.

Wondering how the silly ad hominems change anything about the majority of the player base not running hour long survival missions? Or what DE blatantly said about catering to the majority of the people by focusing on bitesized content? Or the fact that you just demonstrated that you did in fact earn some of your essence in play, and that continuing in that way would earn you all you need, if you did put the time in? Or if that mixing and matching would have allowed you to stretch the content out, or compress it to your hearts content? 

And at the end I wonder if you really realise that all you did was take away the element of eventual reward for yourself?

Do you have any actual answers to those, or just more ad homs? 🙂

On 2020-07-29 at 1:19 PM, lormarowar said:

for farming steel essence for more than 3 hours they restricted the exchange for 330 hours I need a solution to this

I really don't get this. If they want to limit folks for the "endless" missions, then put a hard cap on the timer where it forces you to extract.

Seems silly to penalize players for playing the game as its presented.

On 2020-07-29 at 12:26 PM, Magus_Tahir said:

Hd Reaction GIF

So what you're saying is, you got a trade suspension for doing an endless missions on Steel Path. 

I am afraid there is no solution but to wait out the trade suspension. And I would suggest not passing the 2-2.5 hour mark in the future. Good luck!

Imagine banning people from a function in your game for weeks because they were playing the game lmfao. I actually cannot believe this is a thing, what an absolute JOKE

1. Dont go past 3 hours. 

2. If your smeeta goes ham with affinity buffs and you get a couple x16s, or god forbid, x32's then just accept your fate you lucky sob.

3. IF you get trade banned write support a calm, coherent and understanding support ticket and you will find that they're pretty awesome about responding. 

Admittedly, I haven't done any edgelord path farming yet but my experience is from getting 3 out of 4 tradebans lifted within 3 days of filing my support ticket. And the one I didnt get lifted happened when covid first hit and they transitioned to work at home so obviously everyone had better things to worry about, including me.

Think about it, a real person reads your ticket, even if you get the standard automated message at first, so do you think YOU would lift ANOTHER PERSON'S trade ban if you just spent a half-hour reading what I can only assume is the internet equivalent of, well, this:

dance wtf GIF

Probably not. Be nice, remember a person is going to read your ticket, and that person has their own S#&$ going on in their life and if all else fails, go outside and play real life while you wait the two weeks.

I've also found linking soulja boy - crank that and 69 boyz- tootsie roll to be effective. probably just me though.

thanks for coming to my ted talk. 

• 3 months later...
On 2020-07-29 at 8:01 PM, Miser_able said:

its just an auto flag from a bot. contacting support usually clears it up

I did contact support but i am still suspended from trading, and the way DE answers tickets just sounds like their are bots, which makes me even more mad lol, i've tried to be nice but apparently it didn't work.

49 minutes ago, Galadonn said:

I did contact support but i am still suspended from trading, and the way DE answers tickets just sounds like their are bots, which makes me even more mad lol, i've tried to be nice but apparently it didn't work.

Let's pretend that you are support, and have a limited staff for dealing with the issues of millions of players. 

Do you:

a) set up an automated system that responds immediately with a selection of prerecorded responses, so that the staff can use the time available to weed through the complaints and attempt to do triage and get people back up and running as efficiently as possible.... 

b) try to respond personally to every single message that you receive, the vast majority of which are probably nuisance complaints that you are unable to actually provide a solution for, each of which creates a further backlog of complaints that you could have been using the time to solve ....

(personally I'd choose option a) 

Now, given that some people will be facing issues that literally break the game so that they can't play at all, and others are facing issues where items they've paid for aren't always showing up in the accounts, while others are saying that they are upset about chat bans or something someone told them in chat that doesn't actually violate any rules, do you:

a) assign priority to specific issues, especially ones that won't self resolve in a matter of time....

b) attempt to deal with each case on the same priority level regardless of if the issue will self resolve within a matter of days....

(this time I'd go with option b, just saying) 

Now do you as a customer faced with an issue which is primarily self inflicted:

a) get upset that action is not immediately taken on your issue.... 

b) check over the evidence that you provided in the original ticket and add all relevant information (screenshots, a detailed explanation, video if available, etc) to it to try to ensure that if a human does look at it that they will see that it's a result of a false flagging of the account that would allow them to revert the trade ban.... 

(again I'd say b is the better option here) 

Good luck Tenno. 

19 minutes ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Let's pretend that you are support, and have a limited staff for dealing with the issues of millions of players. 

Do you:

a) set up an automated system that responds immediately with a selection of prerecorded responses, so that the staff can use the time available to weed through the complaints and attempt to do triage and get people back up and running as efficiently as possible.... 

b) try to respond personally to every single message that you receive, the vast majority of which are probably nuisance complaints that you are unable to actually provide a solution for, each of which creates a further backlog of complaints that you could have been using the time to solve ....

(personally I'd choose option a) 

Now, given that some people will be facing issues that literally break the game so that they can't play at all, and others are facing issues where items they've paid for aren't always showing up in the accounts, while others are saying that they are upset about chat bans or something someone told them in chat that doesn't actually violate any rules, do you:

a) assign priority to specific issues, especially ones that won't self resolve in a matter of time....

b) attempt to deal with each case on the same priority level regardless of if the issue will self resolve within a matter of days....

(this time I'd go with option b, just saying) 

Now do you as a customer faced with an issue which is primarily self inflicted:

a) get upset that action is not immediately taken on your issue.... 

b) check over the evidence that you provided in the original ticket and add all relevant information (screenshots, a detailed explanation, video if available, etc) to it to try to ensure that if a human does look at it that they will see that it's a result of a false flagging of the account that would allow them to revert the trade ban.... 

(again I'd say b is the better option here) 

Good luck Tenno. 

We are unable to share information due to security concerns. We can only ask for your patience until the auditing period is over and the trade suspension is lifted from your account.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Galadonn said:

We are unable to share information due to security concerns. We can only ask for your patience until the auditing period is over and the trade suspension is lifted from your account.

Thank you.

I fail to see the problem here.

Have you actually read the post you're responding to?

Have you bothered to recheck the information you provided in the ticket, adding all relevant information (screenshots, a detailed explanation, video if available, etc) to it to try to ensure that if a human does look at it that they will see that it's a result of a false flagging of the account that would allow them to revert the trade ban?

Or do you still think that you "tried to be nice", whatever that means?

I copy pasted the message i received to show u what's the feeling of having a bot respond to you by not answering, and apparently it worked.

That said, i do not constantly take screenshots and videos of my gameplay, i just play the game like the average human, so unfortunately i dont have those to provide in a ticket.

Also you just need to look at all the posts people created about this issue, those should be enough for DE to review their bot algorithm.

19 minutes ago, Galadonn said:

I copy pasted the message i received to show u what's the feeling of having a bot respond to you by not answering, and apparently it worked.

That said, i do not constantly take screenshots and videos of my gameplay, i just play the game like the average human, so unfortunately i dont have those to provide in a ticket.

Also you just need to look at all the posts people created about this issue, those should be enough for DE to review their bot algorithm.

So, that's a long winded way of saying no several times, is it?

As I said, I fail to see the problem here, other than the one you created for yourself. The latest reply shows that you don't plan to do anything at all to improve your odds of being helped. But hey whining about it on the forums where nobody is able to help you is clearly a better use of your time, right? 

As far as we know your problem will cease to be a problem on its own, in a matter of time. 

Good luck Tenno. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

So, that's a long winded way of saying no several times, is it?

As I said, I fail to see the problem here, other than the one you created for yourself. The latest reply shows that you don't plan to do anything at all to improve your odds of being helped. But hey whining about it on the forums where nobody is able to help you is clearly a better use of your time, right? 

As far as we know your problem will cease to be a problem on its own, in a matter of time. 

Good luck Tenno. 

What you want me to do? you are defending an algorithm instead of a human, you shouldn't blame me for this, as i did nothing wrong except playing the game by its rules like many other players, and i did my best to explain my issue through a tickets, the fact that i come on the forum is to seek help and information (what you call whining).

Just now, Galadonn said:

What you want me to do? you are defending an algorithm instead of a human, you shouldn't blame me for this, as i did nothing wrong except playing the game by its rules like many other players, and i did my best to explain my issue through a tickets, the fact that i come on the forum is to seek help and information (what you call whining).

What do I want you to do? Read the post and think.

The algorithm is acting logically, you are not. You've been here long enough to know about this system and that the forum isn't going to be able to help you with it, and a moment of thought would probably tell you why DE felt like they needed to implement the system in the first place.

Did you inclue all of the information that you had, how long you've been playing, how many hours you had logged in missions according to your profile, when you played the mission you suspect caused the trade ban to trigger, what mission you were in, and for how long, what gear you were using including boosters and active effects that may have increased the drop rate above normal? All of that information might be relevant and could help a member of support to figure out what might have accidentally triggered the trade ban, if human eyes ever end up on your ticket. But even then you'd need to be patient, and accept that just because the initial reply is probably automated, that doesn't mean that you won't have a chance of someone looking at it at some point.

Did you really think that saying "yo I played a long mission in SP and you trade banned me, lulz, can you pls unban me" was enough to count as "being nice"? Try to put yourself in their shoes and make it as easy as you can to do their job. Even if you don't have screenshots and videos, you ought to be able to provide a wealth of information if you just think about it. That's what I told you I'd suggest in the last part of the post. But instead of thinking about helping yourself, you figured that you'd be better off ignoring the advice.... that's why I'd call it whining, because when the "help" you claimed to be looking for was offered, you weren't particularly interested.

Seriously, try to help them to help you, instead of deciding to get pissed.

On 2020-07-30 at 3:04 PM, SneakyErvin said:

One thing people should consider if they are there for say Steel Essence is to not bring a loot frame loadout. The bot likely triggers because you get an insane amount of pointless loot due to the innate buff in the mode aswell as extra of that pointless loot from your loot frame's augment/ability. No point to risk the bot triggering when those abilities do not work on essence.

good point

4 minutes ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

What do I want you to do? Read the post and think.

The algorithm is acting logically, you are not. You've been here long enough to know about this system and that the forum isn't going to be able to help you with it, and a moment of thought would probably tell you why DE felt like they needed to implement the system in the first place.

Did you inclue all of the information that you had, how long you've been playing, how many hours you had logged in missions according to your profile, when you played the mission you suspect caused the trade ban to trigger, what mission you were in, and for how long, what gear you were using including boosters and active effects that may have increased the drop rate above normal? All of that information might be relevant and could help a member of support to figure out what might have accidentally triggered the trade ban, if human eyes ever end up on your ticket. But even then you'd need to be patient, and accept that just because the initial reply is probably automated, that doesn't mean that you won't have a chance of someone looking at it at some point.

Did you really think that saying "yo I played a long mission in SP and you trade banned me, lulz, can you pls unban me" was enough to count as "being nice"? Try to put yourself in their shoes and make it as easy as you can to do their job. Even if you don't have screenshots and videos, you ought to be able to provide a wealth of information if you just think about it. That's what I told you I'd suggest in the last part of the post. But instead of thinking about helping yourself, you figured that you'd be better off ignoring the advice.... that's why I'd call it whining, because when the "help" you claimed to be looking for was offered, you weren't particularly interested.

Seriously, try to help them to help you, instead of deciding to get pissed.

Yes i did include almost everything you said, cat, boosters, missions, run times, so please dont assume i didn't.

On 2020-07-31 at 8:21 PM, JackHargreav said:

No It's just not a big problem because only 1% of the player base is doing these long runs which they don't have to.

pretty sure its not %1 :) pretty dead sure

also that is also one of the end-game-ish activities we have , since we have no way to properly test gear , speaking for myself i wish we had a fun game loop where we didnt need to sit hours to see enemies not die in 2 slice of a movement , or had interesting enemies for that matter .. so long survival runs are  prolly the whole scthick we have outside of helping new players(which is a pointless loop but a friendly one) and relic speedrunning ..which proves nothing again just like survival but to each on their own i guess .

so if they take that away someday , the game will literally die for likes of me , in an instant just gone , dropped .

2 minutes ago, killerJoke66 said:

pretty sure its not %1 :) pretty dead sure

I have to agree with killerJoke66, also the game is made that way, its not like players are doing something forbidden, they just use abilities, gear and boosters that game offers and put them together to have better results; so they shouldn't be punished for that.

Archived