Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

for farming steel essence for more than 3 hours they restricted the exchange for 330 hours

lormarowar

15 hours ago, (PS4)Luke_Zakalwe said:

No, no, no no. Not just this. After learning about the ban issue and trying to ask for at least a guideline or a statement from DE, I've looked up several of these threads. Have you noticed that all of these threads about bans and steel path are getting locked?

Some have explanation saying:

"The forums are unable to assist with account issues such as bans.

You will need to contact support and submit a ticket to obtain further assistance"

which we know might take a whole ban's time to process. 

It's like they don't even want us talking about this, silencing the discussion.

This topic SHOULD NOT BE TABOO. 

Throwing it under the rug is not the solution DE. Dealing with it IS the solution. Tell us what are the rules of the game and where we stand with them. If not then we are going to raise a red flag. I'm not going to mention other gravitational forces that are taking place but if this becomes the norm DE, you throw away your cadre of best players in the game. 

DE, do you know that streamers and content creators ARE NOT your propaganda? Great players IN the game is the propaganda for us who are HERE PLAYING IT. They motivate us invest money in this game and they motivate us to get better in it. 

IF YOU, DE, throw away their skills despite if they are big whales or not, you sabotage the intention to go hardcore in War Frame. You see, the design of this game REVOLVES around the END GAME. What is that end game? The basic endurance run of 12 hours despite if other people argue otherwise. 

This is THE BACKBONE of your game and the reason why we love this game so much. Great players inspire great content creators giving outstanding builds for us to play. Don't break your magic. Don't break the motto of 'ninjas plays for free'. The reason why this game endured so much is because the mystic runs of 20+ hours and the mystic runs of long wave assaults. 

This is why WE are going to defend this game. Because such kernel should not be tainted. Please DE you may throw away Primed Chamber, you may throw away Excalibur prime if you want, but please don't throw away the main event that makes War Frame unique. 

Please, don't. 

9 hours ago, lormarowar said:

I just looked and they removed the restriction but they left me at 0 the exchanges but happy that it is no longer restricted

Glad you got your trade suspension cleared OP.

It doesn't change the situation but at least you're back to full trading capacity tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Glad you got your trade suspension cleared OP.

It doesn't change the situation but at least you're back to full trading capacity tomorrow.

I was wondering why this post hadn't been deleted yet.  Since the OP had a good outcome at the end the thread wasn't disappeared.

49 minutes ago, Eluminary said:

I was wondering why this post hadn't been deleted yet.  Since the OP had a good outcome at the end the thread wasn't disappeared.

If you are inferring that I had something to do with that I'm afraid that would be an incorrect conclusion.

As for what I see is being the reality of the situation here the original post was neutral and seeking aide it was not vitrolic, or created with any perceivable malicious intent. The conversation in this thread remained civil and the thread has not degraded into the usual salt fest that you find in the forums on many subjects. So I see no reason why it should not remain logically speaking of course.

People may read into any conclusion that they wish, however I am pleased that the forums was able to help the OP with their question regardless of the circumstances. We'll never know the full extent that this thread may have had in assisting them but I'd like to think it did in some way, and thats a good thing in my humble opinion.

Case closed, and be well.

-M

3 hours ago, Eluminary said:

What the...? I thought they only lock 'em from further discussion, but they actually delete threads too..?

Isn't that somewhat despotic? A communism -level censorhip..!

Then again, I get that some people are spewing pure vinegar instead of being constuctive and posts get down from all the malice..

...is Malice working as a part-time post-killer..?

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Luke_Zakalwe said:

What the...? I thought they only lock 'em from further discussion, but they actually delete threads too..?

Isn't that somewhat despotic? A communism -level sensorhip..!

Then again, I get that some people are spewing pure vinegar instead of being constuctive and posts get down from all the malice..

...is Malice working as a part-time post-killer..?

yes they delete them entirely if they have information in them they do not like.   If you post your text interactions with support and they tell you things they don't want others to know they say the thread goes bye bye... Im being vague here because I have had posts deleted for talking about any of it too.  I love Warframe but the heavy handed community moderation is pretty terrible imo.  This is already my 2nd fourm account I have been on gaming fourms for over 20 years and never had a post ive made get a warning or deleted and I have had both happen on warframe fourms.

One thing people should consider if they are there for say Steel Essence is to not bring a loot frame loadout. The bot likely triggers because you get an insane amount of pointless loot due to the innate buff in the mode aswell as extra of that pointless loot from your loot frame's augment/ability. No point to risk the bot triggering when those abilities do not work on essence.

OMG THIS TOPIC TABOO! THEY THROTTLES MAI FREE SPEECH! (While posting about it on the forums.) 

WHY THEY NOT REMOVE THE BANS INSTED OF LOCKING POSTS AND TELLING US THAT THEY CAN'T? WAI THEY ALWAYS SAY WE KNEED TO CONTACT SUPPORTZ? (Should be pretty obvious.)

THIS COMPAKNEE IS TEH SUCK! WHY THEY ALWAYS LOCKING AND REMOVING THESE TREADS? (Maybe if people weren't ranting, spewing false information, and sharpening your pitchforks they'd be a wee bit more likely to stay open?) 

In other news OP isn't banned from trade anymore so, that's nice. 

You guys can go back to the shenanigans now. 

19 hours ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Hd Reaction GIF

So what you're saying is, you got a trade suspension for doing an endless missions on Steel Path. 

I am afraid there is no solution but to wait out the trade suspension. And I would suggest not passing the 2-2.5 hour mark in the future. Good luck!

This is so dumb.. (not you, the fact this is even an issue)

19 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Everyone seems to know this except a few people. If you use loot frames and resource boosters, then do an endurance run around the 3 hour mark you may be flagged for receiving too much loot. 

Yes, it sucks, and no, there's no solution besides contacting support. 

We are not support.

I think this issue being brought up in the forums is a good thing. 1) the more visible it is the more likely it is to be fixed. 2) the playerbase needs to know.

18 hours ago, Miser_able said:

its just an auto flag from a bot. contacting support usually clears it up

Yeah but the player shouldn't have to do that and support can take quite awhile to even look into it.

18 hours ago, Learicorn said:

Yeah why is a bot like that still allowed to exist when it's clearly managing things wrongly and punishing innocent players literally all the time??

This. It needs a change.

44 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Picard Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

This thread has gone completely off the rails. I actually bear some responsibility for this I am afraid. 

I dont see how anything constructive will continue unless it goes back on topic.

You mean how the OP got flagged by an algorithm for having suspiciously high levels of rewards from a single mission, but is no longer banned from trading because someone checked it out and did what a lot of people have claimed never gets done or if it is, its going to take longer than the ban will last? 

3 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Ask about that to good old Warbros.

More than constructive criticism we need to inform people properly until DE sort things out on this issue. We have to make DE speak about the situation while we hold a bit the hardcore farming. However the point we need clear is what will be the philosophy about long play farms. This is fundamental because great players are motivated by their acquisition of platinum. If the gain capability is capped this way then the fun of running long hours in survivals will be gone and so the search for multiple meta in the game.

I'm glad that you solved the problem. Going throughout this scrutiny throws the fun off the game since we have to take time of our play time writing why we are not guilty. Games are not supposed to work this way. Sounds ironic that playing too much a game is a reason for banning. On the contrary, this provides advertisement to the game more than anything. In my opinion this red flag should be attended intermediately. 

they not only covering the problem. they also spread misinformation on top. for example some people now sure it's related with % of damage on mission (this leads from de stuff post in one of such threads). so someone may go endless mission while being sure he won't get banned because he is active and done manykills muchdamage and still get tradebanned/banned because it's not related with % in a first place.

23 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

More than constructive criticism we need to inform people properly until DE sort things out on this issue. We have to make DE speak about the situation while we hold a bit the hardcore farming. However the point we need clear is what will be the philosophy about long play farms. This is fundamental because great players are motivated by their acquisition of platinum. If the gain capability is capped this way then the fun of running long hours in survivals will be gone and so the search for multiple meta in the game.

I'm glad that you solved the problem. Going throughout this scrutiny throws the fun off the game since we have to take time of our play time writing why we are not guilty. Games are not supposed to work this way. Sounds ironic that playing too much a game is a reason for banning. On the contrary, this provides advertisement to the game more than anything. In my opinion this red flag should be attended intermediately. 

Interesting position you've taken. However, here's a thread that caught my attention a little while back:

You should check the screenshot @..BENE.. posted. He said that the run was over 20 hours in total (because of a break he took to sleep) but should take between 4 and 8. One of the things that was raised is that it's a pretty inefficient way to earn plat. I'm guessing about on par with farming for prime junk. 

So I don't think that the whole "they do it because they are motivated by the plat" is a particularly accurate conclusion to draw. 

Of course we could probably just ask him if he got trade banned. 

35 minutes ago, tipsy_princess said:

(this leads from de stuff post in one of such threads)

Do you have a link to this post? I am not aware of any instance where DE has officially commented on their security systems outside of patch notes, and even then that was only to state they adjusted it. No specifics have ever been given officially. 

25 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Interesting position you've taken. However, here's a thread that caught my attention a little while back:

You should check the screenshot @..BENE.. posted. He said that the run was over 20 hours in total (because of a break he took to sleep) but should take between 4 and 8. One of the things that was raised is that it's a pretty inefficient way to earn plat. I'm guessing about on par with farming for prime junk. 

So I don't think that the whole "they do it because they are motivated by the plat" is a particularly accurate conclusion to draw. 

Of course we could probably just ask him if he got trade banned. 

I'm perfectly aware of this case. I already posted my support. 

I'm an enthusiast of the end game. I literally fry a PS4 in a 12 hours run. The whole game turned into a slide show. I almost end the life of my PS4. That's why I stopped. This game has the Valhalla of the end game run. This is our paradise and our joy. I don't play for platinum. On the contrary, I support and pay DE with real money so they IMPROVE the mega horde mode of War Frame. 

Can you imagine 999 waves where in each you get awesome new enemies while their level increase. We want more than just sponge bob targets. This is the game that DE sold me and the game I still want to see. Everything will get smoother in the PS5. And if we get cross save for PC better.

Look how Star Citizen got botched by a continuous Ponzi scam. An entire generation that is the PS4 and Xbox 1 the game was amazing. Now the technology is getting outdated fast. This game attained more money than Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto 5. Somehow Chris Roberts, his wife and the company turned PC master race narcissism into a true profitable pyramid business. 

We baked War Frame because the game offered us an extreme take on the classical cooperative horde game. This became an interesting take in the video game industry. But if something like this continue the situation will throw off the player base who somehow sponsored and advertised internally the game. Why I mention Star Citizen? Well because the best sponsors where the players who dedicated time in the game. Now those players are getting shafted with insane ship prices. Great players and players who drives the game to the extreme without breaking it, of course, should be taken into account instead of slapping their faces for their abilities and creativity with the game. 

Magnus Carlsen rewrote the history of chess. Anatoly Carpov rewrote the history of chess. Many of these great chess players redefined the game. Shall we ban them for their insane talent. It's the same logic that I see here. We should not ban the outliers we should REDESIGN the game taking those outliers into consideration. This will improve the game and make me aspire for longer runs. 

I invest in this game buying accessories for my War frame. For those I CAN'T farm. Why I do it? Because I care for the quality of this game. Of course that doesn't entitles me telling DE what to do. However I'm telling DE that such game is great. Please don't ruin it. Let me put it this way. DE never explored the idea of one Tenno and four War frame runs. Can you imagine how much more this game could do? 

16 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Do you have a link to this post? I am not aware of any instance where DE has officially commented on their security systems outside of patch notes, and even then that was only to state they adjusted it. No specifics have ever been given officially. 

I would be surprised if DE says anything about it. 

They have to choose their words like a surgeon because the scrutiny of what they say would be insanely hard. I'm sure they have the issue filed in their agenda. Such issue is way delicate for them go all out public writing few comments. 

One bad move on this can change the panorama drastically for DE, a risk they can't afford now in our current situation. 

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

22 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I would be surprised if DE says anything about it. 

They have to choose their words like a surgeon because the scrutiny of what they say would be insanely hard. I'm sure they have the issue filed in their agenda. Such issue is way delicate for them go all out public writing few comments. 

One bad move on this can change the panorama drastically for DE, a risk they can't afford now in our current situation. 

I do agree that I think DE should look at additional options for their security protocols so they are not impacting legitimate players. However as they are currently the action of making them speak has run its course through fiery speech.

For going on two years DE has been in near non stop bombarded by significant levels of criticism from these Forums, Reddit, Twitter, and Youtube. While not excusing the failings and flaws that have occured there are limits for a person or a group of what they can withstand of such interactions. Drama fueled fiery diatribes laced with strong negative sentiments are for all intents and purposes going out of style. As I have cautioned in other threads I fear DE is becoming jaded to such methods that are meant to coerce a reaction from them by acknowledging firestorms started on media platforms concerning issues players have.  

There are several factors and actors that lead us to this situation I feel, and I will echo that sentiment once again here and say DE is no longer going to bow to this kind of pressure. Whether it be for professional reasons or for personal ones this method of getting DE's attention is no longer viable. Every fiber of my being tells me this is the case, and the road we are traveling right now. Every ounce of my experience in business, and civil service tells me we are at a crossroads and DE is rebranding themselves internally, and how they interact with the community and it will be on their terms and no one else's. 

Players will do what they feel they must but I leave these final words of caution. Just because a player can word criticism in a specific way, does not mean a player must do so. If a player so chooses to take a line of engagement so to they must consider what the consequences and full ramifications of doing that will be. For at this point I soundly believe that snap judgements, and fiery dramatics have no power here any longer. 

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

I'm perfectly aware of this case. I already posted my support. 

I'm an enthusiast of the end game. I literally fry a PS4 in a 12 hours run. The whole game turned into a slide show. I almost end the life of my PS4. That's why I stopped. This game has the Valhalla of the end game run. This is our paradise and our joy. I don't play for platinum. On the contrary, I support and pay DE with real money so they IMPROVE the mega horde mode of War Frame. 

Can you imagine 999 waves where in each you get awesome new enemies while their level increase. We want more than just sponge bob targets. This is the game that DE sold me and the game I still want to see. Everything will get smoother in the PS5. And if we get cross save for PC better.

Look how Star Citizen got botched by a continuous Ponzi scam. An entire generation that is the PS4 and Xbox 1 the game was amazing. Now the technology is getting outdated fast. This game attained more money than Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto 5. Somehow Chris Roberts, his wife and the company turned PC master race narcissism into a true profitable pyramid business. 

We baked War Frame because the game offered us an extreme take on the classical cooperative horde game. This became an interesting take in the video game industry. But if something like this continue the situation will throw off the player base who somehow sponsored and advertised internally the game. Why I mention Star Citizen? Well because the best sponsors where the players who dedicated time in the game. Now those players are getting shafted with insane ship prices. Great players and players who drives the game to the extreme without breaking it, of course, should be taken into account instead of slapping their faces for their abilities and creativity with the game. 

Magnus Carlsen rewrote the history of chess. Anatoly Carpov rewrote the history of chess. Many of these great chess players redefined the game. Shall we ban them for their insane talent. It's the same logic that I see here. We should not ban the outliers we should REDESIGN the game taking those outliers into consideration. This will improve the game and make me aspire for longer runs. 

I invest in this game buying accessories for my War frame. For those I CAN'T farm. Why I do it? Because I care for the quality of this game. Of course that doesn't entitles me telling DE what to do. However I'm telling DE that such game is great. Please don't ruin it. Let me put it this way. DE never explored the idea of one Tenno and four War frame runs. Can you imagine how much more this game could do? 

Fascinating. But that doesn't really seem to have anything to do with what I said about the plat value of the run being similar to what the average newb can get from regular runs?

37 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

I do agree that I think DE should look at additional options for their security protocols so they are not impacting legitimate players. However as they are currently the action of making them speak has run its course through fiery speech.

For going on two years DE has been in near non stop bombarded by significant levels of criticism from these Forums, Reddit, Twitter, and Youtube. While not excusing the failings and flaws that have occured there are limits for a person or a group of what they can withstand of such interactions. Drama fueled fiery diatribes laced with strong negative sentiments are for all intents and purposes going out of style. As I have cautioned in other threads I fear DE is becoming jaded to such methods that are meant to coerce a reaction from them by acknowledging firestorms started on media platforms concerning issues players have.  

There are several factors and actors that lead us to this situation I feel, and I will echo that sentiment once again here and say DE is no longer going to bow to this kind of pressure. Whether it be for professional reasons or for personal ones this method of getting DE's attention is no longer viable. Every fiber of my being tells me this is the case, and the road we are traveling right now. Every ounce of my experience in business, and civil service tells me we are at a crossroads and DE is re branding themselves internally, and how they interact with the community and it will be on their terms and no one else's. 

Players will do what they feel they must but I leave these final words of caution. Just because a player can word criticism in a specific way, does not mean a player must do so. If a player so chooses to take a line of engagement so to they must consider what the consequences and full ramifications of doing that will be. For at this point I soundly believe that snap judgments, and fiery dramatics have no power here any longer. 

Pretty much. A refinement of the critique is necessary and sufficient. 

We have to articulate our criticism in another way. I rather choose the scientific method where proofs are handled with videos, cases and situations or precedents. The way we are critiquing is incorrect because it backfires. It's counterproductive to say the least. The structure of our critiques must be given as proposals and suggestions more than just raising the red flags. 

We must be aware that our best interest is the game and our time in it. We are not poaching DE as if this where open season. It isn't and they will not take it either. They are going through a lot of restructuring. That includes TENCENT in the scene. I'm aware that DE must respond towards profit goals. If this is a hard measure taken then we have to negotiate the game rewards. 

A proposal could sound like this: 

1. After certain number of waves Relics stops to drop. 

2. After certain number of waves the game finishes sending all players back to the lobby. For example other games have a maximum of 50 waves or 100 with certain boss battles. 

3. The endless wave challenge offer the reward of new enemies but no reward is handled. This could be a separate game mode. The end game long runner will not be affected because the game will be there intact. If he likes the sport he does it for the love of it. 

4. Improve monitoring of long runners instead of doing it by a bot that aimlessly considers everybody guilty. 

5. Alert the player of these rules and the limit of trades when a player goes over long waves. Maybe DE is trying to figure out a 'time gate' cool down system when a player goes over 650 waves. This cool down might be a solution but it will be seen as a cap. 

6. The penalty system should be previously explained in detail so the player doesn't incur in an infraction. For these cases players where not aware of these situations. 

DE must not yield to our critiques. Of course they must not yield to our demands either. However if we shut our mouth up then we are left with actions. Our actions would end up being simple. We will pick another game investing our money elsewhere if we are not allowed to even sneeze here. Yes, DE is tired of our pampering and our entitlement. That has to end and we have to reform our conduct before draconian measures takes place. We don't want those days here. 

We are given a lot of privileges here that other developers will never ever allow. Even a small critique on certain developers is excuse enough to kick out from the game and their forum permanently. These developers are not obligated to deal with our tantrums and squeaking. But on the other hand, we think that the game itself would be hurt if some measures are taken. Why? That will take the fun away from the game. Maybe the way we see the game is not the way they conceived it but our persistence in it tells them that they did something right. I want to accentuate those attributes more so DE sees more potential in them. 

Our preferences matters to us but those preferences gives business to them, IMO.  

14 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Fascinating. But that doesn't really seem to have anything to do with what I said about the plat value of the run being similar to what the average newb can get from regular runs?

I evaded this topic in particular because this is a delicate discussion. 

The sense of endorsement and the accessibility to profit may cause a DEVALUATION on the platinum value. If this is the case the game economy could drastically change. I don't want to give DE ideas because writing them down would not benefit any of us. 

I'll answer this lightly. A veteran has more chances to make platinum than a new player because the time gate on the XP and the gear check separates them. Profitable players who invested months, if not years, should have the greater advantage for solvency. 

If a new player, veteran on other similar game mechanics, hits the floor running he would be farming platinum since day one if he UNDERSTANDS the operability of this game. 

Here is the issue: The internet. This can plug a new player into the right road in just two or three videos. But his income will be capped because he doesn't have the equipment to perform the end game run. However there are free giveaways with op builds that anyone can use. 

DE bases their statistics on the player who has a job, limited time due to family care and so on. They do not expect a bulk of players diving 15 hours each day pouring relics for a span of three weeks. No one does that. But for better or worse there are 'game bums' that have one million in platinum doing this. New dealers will never have a chance against those behemoths.

IMO.  

As I said the issue is delicate in many ways. 

Archived