Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Revenant Rework

(XBOX)GearsMatrix301

15 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

They never advertised him as an eidolon frame, only that he was inspired BY eidolons and revenants. If you take the time to look up the definition of the word revenant, you would know that it's interchangeable with the word vampire. He enthralls enemies, vampires have thralls. He turns into mist and drains health (blood) from enemies. 

His code name when he was being developed was litrerally Vlad. The idea of mesmer skin, which is themed off of animal magnetism, is a vampire heavy concept where people are drawn and enthralled by them.

Just because you think the "corrupted vampire theme" is BS, doesn't make your version of how you see things into the absolute be all, end all truth of the matter. He is a vampire themed warframe, corrupted by eidolons. 

You have spent 8 pages arguing with people to try pitch a rework for a frame whose initial concept you either fail to comprehend or are belligerently ignoring. 

Literally his first reveal was them showing his concept art which was titled “Eidolon Warframe”. A revenant is simply something that should be dead but isn’t. The term is commonly used for generic undead in fantasy RPGs. Just because something is undead does not automatically make it a vampire. He Enthralls enemies and drains their health because those abilities were shoved into him by someone who didn’t care about his Eidolon theme.

Never use a Warframes name when arguing about their theme. Because otherwise you can complain how Mesa has nothing to do with flat lands or how Gauss has nothing to do with the actually Gauss Rifle, or how Garuda has nothing to do with a bird goddess. It’s just a name, leave it at that.

Again. They gave Rebecca control of Revenants development. She didn’t care about the Eidolon theme in the slightest. She was just like “Oh he’s technically undead. That’s enough for me to completely abandon the Eidolon theme and make him completely vampire themed”. The only reason his abilities have the vaguest hint of Eidolon to them now is because after Steve saw Revenant he was like “This needs to be actually Eidolon themed”. And that’s how his 4 went from being an AOE sleep ability to being Danse Macabre.

There is not evidence to support your claim. Nothing in Revenants backstory makes any mention of what his powers were when he was Warden. And since he’s a completely different Warframe than from before being corrupted we have to conclude that he somehow got vampire powers from things that very much are not vampires. Which is BS.

And you’re trying to defend illogical nonsense. You’re trying to excuse a horrible development decision through the lore. When there is absolutely nothing to defend what you are claiming.

4 minutes ago, Kaiune said:

K you need to get off you tube and actually try this thing you hate so much.

1 it takes a very specific set up and higher end mods and several forma which makes even doing this for "end game" content not the "rest of the game"
2 its a lot harder than it looks as usually you will have a reduced range to set this up causing you to have to be very accurate with reave which can be rough as caotic as the game gits
3 you have to micro manage you mesmer skin and pay close attention to the little number on the right since this game doesn't allow for UI addons like other MMOs and it is very easy to go from 14 - 0 especially in SP spawn rates. 
4 the one shot thing usually hits 1-2 enemies not a big AOE there are tons of frames that can do a lot more with a lot less management. The micro management is part of his gameplay loop which is very much a love or hate thing for the average player. You seem to be better off with a DPS frame or if you want a tank frame grab an Inaros or Wukong as they require less management. 

You keep saying Cheese like its a bad thing, mate thats Warframe in a nutshell almost every frame has cheese potential for some form of content. Rev Gara and Nidus all come to mind with long endurance/sp/arbi content. Octavia can cheese almost the whole game. Khora, Saryn and Mesa laugh in the face of any large group of enemies. Rhino, Mirage, and Chroma can have insane damage boosting for bigger fights. You have frames like Trinity and Oberon that allow your team to become the cheese not so much for solo. Speed frames that can make capture/rescue missions look like some MLG stuff. I could go on for almost all frames there are a few that dont fit in a cheese category and those are the ones that are largely agreed apon that need re works to their kits (I wouldnt say many if any need a ground up). 

Or I can just take my Supra Vandal and kill the enemies faster. Because it doesn’t matter if your damage is infinite if the set takes longer than a couple pulls of a trigger. In Revenants case it does take longer than that because his cast animations are absurdly long for absolutely zero reason.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Or I can just take my Supra Vandal and kill the enemies faster. Because it doesn’t matter if your damage is infinite if the set takes longer than a couple pulls of a trigger. In Revenants case it does take longer than that because his cast animations are absurdly long for absolutely zero reason.

Thats my point play somethin else you obviously dont like his gameplay loop. 

You mentioned Vauban before yes some people liked bounce and you can use his speed pad to cause as much havoc if you use it right. But he needed the work most Vauban mains would even have agreed on that making changing him a decision that the majority agreed on, or the eventual Chroma rework for his 1 and 4 that even Chroma mains want. People who play Revenant at most just want small tweaks here and there if any you are in a small majority who are vocal about disliking him especially if the replies you have received on this and every other Rev post are an indicator. There are 43 other frames to choose from and more coming soon. We all have frames that tick our boxes and ones that dont. 

3 minutes ago, Kaiune said:

Thats my point play somethin else you obviously dont like his gameplay loop. 

You mentioned Vauban before yes some people liked bounce and you can use his speed pad to cause as much havoc if you use it right. But he needed the work most Vauban mains would even have agreed on that making changing him a decision that the majority agreed on, or the eventual Chroma rework for his 1 and 4 that even Chroma mains want. People who play Revenant at most just want small tweaks here and there if any you are in a small majority who are vocal about disliking him especially if the replies you have received on this and every other Rev post are an indicator. There are 43 other frames to choose from and more coming soon. We all have frames that tick our boxes and ones that dont. 

Exactly, why can’t you people be more like the Vauban mains and admit Revenant needs a rework.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Literally his first reveal was them showing his concept art which was titled “Eidolon Warframe”. A revenant is simply something that should be dead but isn’t. The term is commonly used for generic undead in fantasy RPGs. Just because something is undead does not automatically make it a vampire. He Enthralls enemies and drains their health because those abilities were shoved into him by someone who didn’t care about his Eidolon theme.

Never use a Warframes name when arguing about their theme. Because otherwise you can complain how Mesa has nothing to do with flat lands or how Gauss has nothing to do with the actually Gauss Rifle, or how Garuda has nothing to do with a bird goddess. It’s just a name, leave it at that.

Again. They gave Rebecca control of Revenants development. She didn’t care about the Eidolon theme in the slightest. She was just like “Oh he’s technically undead. That’s enough for me to completely abandon the Eidolon theme and make him completely vampire themed”. The only reason his abilities have the vaguest hint of Eidolon to them now is because after Steve saw Revenant he was like “This needs to be actually Eidolon themed”. And that’s how his 4 went from being an AOE sleep ability to being Danse Macabre.

There is not evidence to support your claim. Nothing in Revenants backstory makes any mention of what his powers were when he was Warden. And since he’s a completely different Warframe than from before being corrupted we have to conclude that he somehow got vampire powers from things that very much are not vampires. Which is BS.

And you’re trying to defend illogical nonsense. You’re trying to excuse a horrible development decision through the lore. When there is absolutely nothing to defend what you are claiming.

You aren't a famous enough politician to try and hand wave what people say away. I honestly don't know how you sit here with a straight face and spit out this drivel, I'm convinced that you're just trolling people at this point.

The facts are here, and you're ignoring them, nobody is that thick. 

13 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Exactly, why can’t you people be more like he Vauban mains and admit Revenant needs a rework.

Well I can't speak for everyone else here but as someone who was pretty disinterested in Revenant and decided to fully dedicate the last 20-30 gameplay hours to him I have to say you guys who believe he is in any way deficient are simply mistaken. 

Reventant is quite simply the best tank in the game (so much so that it really isn't fair to compare him to any of the other tanks. He is simply invulnerable. Doesn't matter how well you can tank damage when you are invincible.)
He is also able to scale infinitely, which no other frame can really do
He is also not required to have any wasted mod capacity for survivability outside of 1 slot for rolling guard
Revenant also looks very cool and unique compared to the other frames. The Sentient/eidolon theme comes through, IMO.

Pertaining to his kit, all of his abilities synergize very well and unlike many frames his abilities don't really work against one another when you're setting up his config.
Mesmer skin is not a cooldown ability
Enthrall costs 0 when used against a stunned enemy (and if this enemy is killed the little fire turret easily enthralls other nearby enemies)
Reave is such a brain-dead simple solution to wiping the hardest enemies off the map it blows my mind that people wouldn't see how useful it is. Level 9999 nox in your way? Reave->dead.
Danse Macabre is probably the worst of his abilities simply because the synergy it has with enthrall isn't needed IMO. Having said that it is really really useful as a room clear in mid-sortie level content.

The argument that he is not thematically an eidolon frame is crazy...
The vomvalysts are literally the thralls of the eidolon. (Enthrall)
Eidolons have perfect damage immunity until their shields are gone (mesmer skin)
Eidolons pulse that strips shields/health from enemies (Reave. Although this isn't totally true since I don't think eidolons vampire the drained health/shields but after using the pulse they do have their shields returned so I think there could be a loose argument that they are actually sapping shields...)
Sentients have adaptive damage resistance (Danse Macabre appears to weaponize this technology by creating an adaptive laser weapon. Though not technically "eidolon" the eidolons are sentient technology so it still fits IMO)

I've said it before and I will stand by it until my dying breath.

Revenant is EASILY S-tier and quite possibly one of the best frames in the game. Remember, this is coming from someone who dismissed his viability since his release simply because I wasn't playing him effectively. Learn the frame and I am certain you naysayers will change your tune.

9 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

You aren't a famous enough politician to try and hand wave what people say away. I honestly don't know how you sit here with a straight face and spit out this drivel, I'm convinced that you're just trolling people at this point.

The facts are here, and you're ignoring them, nobody is that thick. 

The facts are Rebecca shoved a vampire theme on a frame that already had a established theme. And DE had to just work with it.

Not to mention the very concept of making a Warframe with 2 themes is just bad. Why waste 2 potentially great frame themes on a single frame? That’s just an inefficient use of ideas.

Also, way to pull the old “I’m just going to dismiss everything you just said because I have no valid counter point, but I still want it to seem like I’m right”. Always a classic.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Exactly, why can’t you people be more like the Vauban mains and admit Revenant needs a rework.

He doesn't and we see the value in his kit as it stands, you just wont let the Eidolon thing go.

And like I said some tweaks here and there sure a bit better scaling on DM for higher levels, stacks not falling off if you fall in a pit thus wiping you on an Arbi. If they want the 1+3 combo and more build diversity then increase reaves base damage to not require a specific set up to get to the damage level needed which would be nice for other players using it subsumed as well. Changing the way his pillars work after a thrall is killed. All of these are totally things most Rev players wouldnt bat an eye at. 

8 minutes ago, Kaiune said:

He doesn't and we see the value in his kit as it stands, you just wont let the Eidolon thing go.

And like I said some tweaks here and there sure a bit better scaling on DM for higher levels, stacks not falling off if you fall in a pit thus wiping you on an Arbi. If they want the 1+3 combo and more build diversity then increase reaves base damage to not require a specific set up to get to the damage level needed which would be nice for other players using it subsumed as well. Changing the way his pillars work after a thrall is killed. All of these are totally things most Rev players wouldnt bat an eye at. 

The killing potential of reave is directly related to its synergy with enthrall. 

By itself it isnt designed to be an offensive move. It is an oh crap button if your health and shields deplete (which really shouldnt happen if you are managing mesmer skin charges).

I see criticism of revenant losing charges in steel path which i will test later today. From my experience this hasnt been an issue but i need to doublecheck.

3 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

The argument that he is not thematically an eidolon frame is crazy...
The vomvalysts are literally the thralls of the eidolon. (Enthrall)
Eidolons have perfect damage immunity until their shields are gone (mesmer skin)
Eidolons pulse that strips shields/health from enemies (Reave. Although this isn't totally true since I don't think eidolons vampire the drained health/shields but after using the pulse they do have their shields returned so I think there could be a loose argument that they are actually sapping shields...)
Sentients have adaptive damage resistance (Danse Macabre appears to weaponize this technology by creating an adaptive laser weapon. Though not technically "eidolon" the eidolons are sentient technology so it still fits IMO)

I've said it before and I will stand by it until my dying breath.

Revenant is EASILY S-tier and quite possibly one of the best frames in the game. Remember, this is coming from someone who dismissed his viability since his release simply because I wasn't playing him effectively. Learn the frame and I am certain you naysayers will change your tune.

Eidolons do not mind control their enemies. So to try and pass off Enthrall as the equivalent to the Vomvalysts is stupid. They aren’t mind controlled minions of an opposing faction. They are actual sentient units that assist the Teralyst. I honestly can’t believe you could even say that a Thrall is literally a Vomvalysts when that couldn’t be further from the truth.

Eidolon Shields do not function off a charges based defense. It is a health pool (technically a shield pool).

Eidolons can’t strip armor or shields from their enemies. Absolutely none of them have this power. So IDK where tf you picked that up from. They have the ability to call in Vomvalysts to regen their shields, but that’s it.

Danse is his only Sentient/Eidolon themed ability.

Please for the love of all that is sacred. Understand this. Because I just had a minor mental breakdown after reading another f***ing post from someone who doesn’t understand how his 1-3 are not Eidolon themed, and used the same tired illogical nonsense to try and justify their complete lack of understanding.

Revenant is trash. To call him good is an insult to all the developers that put in all the hard work and effort to create the actual good, well designed frames. And just tells DE that they can make any poorly designed schlock and we’ll eat it up without question.

8 minutes ago, Kaiune said:

Whatever value you see in his is easily undermined by playing any other frame and realizing how much better they are than him.

Your tweak suggestions literally boil down to. Don’t punish Revenant for falling down pits even tho that happens to every frame, and make Reave capable of its 1 shot gimmick without enthrall.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Eidolons do not mind control their enemies. So to try and pass off Enthrall as the equivalent to the Vomvalysts is stupid. They aren’t mind controlled minions of an opposing faction. They are actual sentient units that assist the Teralyst. I honestly can’t believe you could even say that a Thrall is literally a Vomvalysts when that couldn’t be further from the truth.

Eidolon Shields do not function off a charges based defense. It is a health pool (technically a shield pool).

Eidolons can’t strip armor or shields from their enemies. Absolutely none of them have this power. So IDK where tf you picked that up from. They have the ability to call in Vomvalysts to regen their shields, but that’s it.

Danse is his only Sentient/Eidolon themed ability.

Please for the love of all that is sacred. Understand this. Because I just had a minor mental breakdown after reading another f***ing post from someone who doesn’t understand how his 1-3 are not Eidolon themed, and used the same tired illogical nonsense to try and justify their complete lack of understanding.

Revenant is trash. To call him good is an insult to all the developers that put in all the hard work and effort to create the actual good, well designed frames. And just tells DE that they can make any poorly designed schlock and we’ll eat it up without question.

You are fine to disagree with me but that does not invalidate my remarks based on your opinions.

Unfortunately the things both of us believe make or do not make revenant eidolon themed are irrelevant. Ultimately, however, i would argue that your reasons for him not being eidolon themed are trumped by the fact that de said he is. So trying to nitpick and make arguments to validate your point are somewhat superfluous to the creators of the game straight up saying he is eidolon themed.

He may not match -your- expectations of what that should look like but you are a speck of dust in the wind and your voice, like mine, is inconsequential.

Also. Your opinion of his value is noted but your reasons for arguing so are somewhat  ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

You are fine to disagree with me but that does not invalidate my remarks based on your opinions.

Unfortunately the things both of us believe make or do not make revenant eidolon themed are irrelevant. Ultimately, however, i would argue that your reasons for him not being eidolon themed are trumped by the fact that de said he is. So trying to nitpick and make arguments to validate your point are somewhat superfluous to the creators of the game straight up saying he is eidolon themed.

He may not match -your- expectations of what that should look like but you are a speck of dust in the wind and your voice, like mine, is inconsequential.

No it completely invalidates you’re remarks. You can’t just be like “oh well Thralls have a Vomvalysts symbol of their head so they are 100% definitely without a doubt Vomvalysts”. A vomvalyst is a little floating head thing with big eyes, not a mind controlled grineer lancer.

I just got done explaining this. Revenant started out as the concept for an “Eidolon Warframe”. DE let Rebecca lead his development, and she made him into a vampire frame. DE then had to try and fix that and try and sell his abilities as Eidolon themed. But that doesn’t mean much when absolutely nothing mechanically was changed from his 1-3 from when they were vampire abilites. So they’re still vampire abilities regardless if DE claims that they’re Eidolon powers.

What you’re trying to argue is the equivalent of someone saying the Ropalolyst on Jupiter is an Eidolon because someone called it that in the patch notes. Despite everything else in the game proving that it is not.

Your tweak suggestions literally boil down to. Don’t punish Revenant for falling down pits even tho that happens to every frame, and make Reave capable of its 1 shot gimmick without enthrall.

I never said make it work with out enthral but without 300% damage. Make it work with 250 so you can add range or some more health ETC on him to add some build diversity. 

10 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Not every frame goes from God to infant. Nidus even retains his stacks. Only other frame I know of that gets as punished for pits is Gara. 

3 minutes ago, Kaiune said:

I never said make it work with out enthral but without 300% damage. Make it work with 250 so you can add range or some more health ETC on him to add some build diversity. 

Not every frame goes from God to infant. Nidus even retains his stacks. Only other frame I know of that gets as punished for pits is Gara. 

250% (or 200% One of the 2) strength is minimum requirement to use the 1 shot gimmick. You’re still suggesting just turning base Reave into the 1 shot without needing Enthrall.

Stacks are a passive, not an ability.

What you’re trying to argue is the equivalent of someone saying the Ropalolyst on Jupiter is an Eidolon because someone called it that in the patch notes. Despite everything else in the game proving that it is not.

"Ravaged by Sentient energy, wreathed with eldritch Eidolon essence, the blighted sovereign Revenant subjugates foes through his affliction. " One could argue they are fruit of the same tree with this statement alone. DE, not you are in charge of lore and any plotholes there in are still canon like it or not. 

Honestly Im more curious how a Revenent Prime will work in canon since it would have to be his original Orokin era form. 

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

250% (or 200% One of the 2) strength is minimum requirement to use the 1 shot gimmick. You’re still suggesting just turning base Reave into the 1 shot without needing Enthrall.

Your right 200 ish is whats required Im saying at 180 ish with enthral. With out enthral just a bit more damage than the curent almost nothing levels match it to Jolt or fireball or something in that range of power. 

Just now, Kaiune said:

"Ravaged by Sentient energy, wreathed with eldritch Eidolon essence, the blighted sovereign Revenant subjugates foes through his affliction. " One could argue they are fruit of the same tree with this statement alone. DE, not you are in charge of lore and any plotholes there in are still canon like it or not. 

Honestly Im more curious how a Revenent Prime will work in canon since it would have to be his original Orokin era form. 

Those are quotes that came out after his development, so after DE had to bite the bullet and work with what they had. So any in game acknowledgment of his abilities outside of his backstory (of which there is no mention of his powers) literally doesn’t matter. Because they can’t release a frame and just not tell the player anything about it.

I’ve just taken up the theory that primes existed but the ones we get and the versions of them are likely not accurate to what the actual prime was.

1 minute ago, Kaiune said:

Your right 200 ish is whats required Im saying at 180 ish with enthral. With out enthral just a bit more damage than the curent almost nothing levels match it to Jolt or fireball or something in that range of power. 

You do understand Reave is a % health drain, right? Not damage.

Enthralled targets have double the health taken from them when you Reave them. And around 200% strength Reave drains 50% health so it drains 100% of a Thralls health.

27 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

No it completely invalidates you’re remarks. You can’t just be like “oh well Thralls have a Vomvalysts symbol of their head so they are 100% definitely without a doubt Vomvalysts”. A vomvalyst is a little floating head thing with big eyes, not a mind controlled grineer lancer.

I just got done explaining this. Revenant started out as the concept for an “Eidolon Warframe”. DE let Rebecca lead his development, and she made him into a vampire frame. DE then had to try and fix that and try and sell his abilities as Eidolon themed. But that doesn’t mean much when absolutely nothing mechanically was changed from his 1-3 from when they were vampire abilites. So they’re still vampire abilities regardless if DE claims that they’re Eidolon powers.

You're obviously very passionate about this topic. I will not be responding to you again. Have a nice day.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Enthralled targets have double the health taken from them when you Reave them. And around 200% strength Reave drains 50% health so it drains 100% of a Thralls health.

After toying with mods, it looks to be 249% Strength. An un-Enthralled enemy looks to lose about 1/5 (or 20%) of their health on a single Reave hit, while Enthralled enemies lose 100%. So Enthralled enemies are losing 5 times the health.

Checking the wiki...and it seems to concur with my testing.

11 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:

After toying with mods, it looks to be 249% Strength. An un-Enthralled enemy looks to lose about 1/5 (or 20%) of their health on a single Reave hit, while Enthralled enemies lose 100%. So Enthralled enemies are losing 5 times the health.

Checking the wiki...and it seems to concur with my testing.

You are correct.

6 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

I'm actually replacing her 2. In my normal low-range builds, her 3 isn't very impressive, and I use it mostly for Escape Velocity, but I've come to really like having the option of adding a few meters of jump height or whatnot when it's handy and having that refresh my speed boost. But that build also has unimpressive Duration for Null Star, which feels like a minor boost to the much greater defense I'm getting from Arcane Guardian. 

Basically, Nova's too much fun to fully optimize IMO, so my build is spread thin making each ability do something useful rather than leaning fully into her strengths. I used to use a build that optimized for Null Star and Molecular Prime completely, and it's effective for what it does, but one radial ability cast every thirty seconds is so boring. = .

Antimatter Drop, though - in theory it's an okay damage ability, but I actually use it  most frequently for blowing up containers or spy cameras. It's really clunky to get the orb out there and pump it with damage. I like that I can do so with melee and pump the orb while I'm killing things, but the explosion itself is variably lackluster. I haven't fully decided what I'm going to do with the slot, though. 

Yeah, as weird as she is, she's really fun to mod and min-max ^^

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I don't know what Reave is. It seems to be sometimes treated as a kind of damage by damage mitigation like Alloy armor (though not Ferrite?), innate Eximus damage reduction, Nox damage reduction and Sentient damage reduction. Ancient Disruptors auras also seemingly reduce its drain/damage. Though if you strip Nox's Alloy armor, Reave seems to work better (huh?)? But if you Reave a Heavy Gunner? Works as a drain as advertised (one shot with 250% ability strength). Seems to work as a drain on Bombards (alloy armor). So it's some kind of weird health/shield drain and/or damage thing depending on the enemy...

It's definitely something between health/shield drain and damage.

When Reave is used against some types of machinery (like Kuva Fortress/PoE robotic turrets, Sensor Regulators), it drains 100% health regardless of ability strength and Enthrall (which can't always be used on these kinds of machines). I mean, I know how it works for different types of enemies... it's just inconsistently a straight-up health/shield drain and a type of damage that is affected by enemy damage mitigation.

On 2020-08-17 at 10:26 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It still qualifies as a rework.

The excuse that he was a vampire frame before the Eidolons got him does not justify his vampire abilities. It just calls into question what was the point of the Eidolon related backstory if there was zero intention of using it.

Nothing works with Revenants current kit.

Maybe I’d be more likely to take criticism of my rework if it wasn’t all backed by baseless theories.

PLEASE explain to me how this qualifies as a rework? I'll wait.

Please tell me a vampire you know that SHOOTS LASERS and can dash through enemies to siphon their ARTIFICAL SHIELDS. Now let me know what's similar to that, oh wait, Eidolons lol.

You've literally stated that the entire point of the thread I because you don't like the theme, and you're too dense to even acknowledge it.

And if you seriously think that nothing works with Revenant's kit on A FUNCTIONAL LEVEL, you don't understand Revenant, and you deserve all the criticism you're getting. You don't have the requisite knowledge to even properly rework Revenant because you don't understand him at a basic level.

Stop acting like a child and take some criticism on your bad video game character idea.

Archived