The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos = more mutagen?

(XBOX)Ancient Mutt

They're going to give us more grind along with the new lore and so on... I can feel it creeping upon us along with the new twisted limbs and space-step-mom breathing down our collective necks.

Remember those mutagen samples your clan needed for a horrible rifle and health pads? 

Get ready. There will be more stuff to research and more mutagen samples needed. I bet they nerf the drop rate in the Derelict to make us really grind harder for weapons that will be great to begin with but also get nerfed later on.

How many mutagen samples will we need for completion?

Make a guess. 

Oh, while we're at it, how much platinum will those new weapons cost, each, and which new Warframe Access Package will feature the tools and stuff necessary to make Deimos extra 'fun' and 'easy?'

Don't mind me, just being cynical and perhaps paranoid of all this Deimos content. Or am I?

9 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Ah the Hema... I did more than my fair share for that weapon in the giant clan I was in back in the day. Now they are defunct and for my trouble I have... the Hema. Fun stuff. 

Ouch. If it makes you feel any better, 2 of the mountain clans(I funded them at ghost thank god) have become disused and the other dojo which was a favour for a friend is deserted lol, so 15k mutagen samples and not in any of our currently active dojos lol

9 hours ago, nslay said:

As a newer player, I've never even heard of them except for the occasional post on the forums. I'll have to look and see what they are this evening.

Um they're an ancient device we used very early in the game. Basically any planet you've cleared all nodes on, you deploy an extractor just on the Solar System Navigation screen(up to 3 max I think it was) and in about 6 hours, you can recover it and gain a small amount of resources for no effort other than placing it on a planet. Each planet had 4 set resources you could possibly get. And DE being DE also released a Primed Extractor which I'm pretty sure I still have 😄 They also took damage over time so you built extras and rotated them to keep them healthy. I would liken it to cracking a resource cache like an Orokin cluster for example, in a mission. Because we never used to have those clusters you find.

Simple fact is that 5 minutes with Khora, Nekros or Hydroid will gain you the same amount but I guess for new players struggling to build up early supplies it was a nice touch. I used to just place mine on Jupiter and hope for neural sensors back when they were quite rare.

Just now, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

Extractors are great for new players wanting to try grabbing an extra Orokin cell or neutral sensors while out and about doing real life adult things 

I have never gotten a rare resource from using extrcactors, both distilled and titan. Is there something I'm missing?

14 hours ago, (XB1)Kuhl MC said:

Hmm, whatever it takes, I'll farm it with my clanmates... Whether that's fun (looking at you, Hema) is a different story, though...

unfortunately im the only active one in my clan...yay i guess, here is to funding an entire dojo by myself when other people just stick rooms all over the place

Archived