Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Conservation not be mandatory for Diemos progression? It's very hard/impossible for deaf people to locate animals.

Alphas

Exactly as the title says.  I'm very hard of hearing and I have to play with headphones on as well as the volume cranked as high as it possibly goes just to be able to hear the game in the slightest bit.  That being said, I cannot hear well enough to locate animals during conservation.  It was never a problem before because it was never required to progress through Cetus and Fortuna, but now that it's a requirement for Deimos I think it's a little unfair, especially when the Helminth Chrysalis system is locked behind an activity that I physically cannot do because of a disability.

I dont think it is that much of a problem,  I´d say cheese it with Ivara, the thing that usuallly gives me problems is following the footprints but is not as bad as venus, and you can do the whole process while invisible, when sons tells you just take the tranq rifle and look around, even if they get stuck a bit far, you can see them glow behind rocks or inside caves

Just now, SpicyDinosaur said:

I haven't been using sound to locate animals for conservation in HoD, just the scope of the tranq rifle. Didn't even know that was a thing.

I've been trying for hours and I don't see anything at all.

4 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I haven't been using sound to locate animals for conservation in HoD, just the scope of the tranq rifle. Didn't even know that was a thing.

same, i always use ivara prowl and look for the animal with the tranq

3 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Well that is the only available option I can think of based on your situation. DE’s way is “grind or pay”.

When it comes to a disability, games should always try to be more accessible. It's not an ordinary request where grind or pay is particularly relevant.

9 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Well that is the only available option I can think of based on your situation. DE’s way is “grind or pay”.

DE could do it like Mining where when you're scoped in with the tranq rifle you then see a small indicator that shows where the animal is, even through walls so you can at least find it easier.

On 2020-08-28 at 2:08 AM, DrivaMain said:

more like DE's way of creating a problem and offering the solution through premium currency. those tags should not even cost plat. they did so well with ticker only to not use it? 

conservation itself could be improved just by adding hud indicators while either the lure or the rifle is equipped. something that should be very obvious to them.

Edit: they could also just turn conservation into a bounty and have objectives be capturing spawned in animals. and just have the reward be son tokens per objective.

I know it’s not a straightforward slap to counter your disability. But I coulda sworn Ivara s massive enemy radar with primed animal instinct gave enough mini map knowledge to know when the animal spawned in. There were 5 red arrows after lure there’s 6. I haven’t tracked this way in a bit, but hope it helps.

People hijacking this thread to insinuate P2W or some nonsense really aren't helping. It's completely baseless and nonsense - people actually asked for the plat tag shop when they didn't originally plan to add it, and in this case, DE is a lot more believable than most other devs when they say that.

The conservation experience is due for future QoL - adding the markers to scat is only the first step, not the whole rework. It's as if no one watched the devstream.

What needs to happen is a directional compass indicator - like, say, making the Echo-Lure horizontal, so you actually get to track the direction?

For now, I think the Ivara method is the best option. It works perfectly well anywhere.

If it's any help, by aiming with the tranq rifle the animal should glow a bright gold when visible, it would be great if DE could make it similar to the mining tool, showing you how near you are to your target in meters, hopefully they do that.

I also agree with not making animal conservation a mandatory activity, aswell as fishing, it's all just grind that most people don't have any reason to do.

On 2020-08-28 at 7:59 AM, Alphas said:

Helminth Chrysalis system is locked behind an activity that I physically cannot do because of a disability.

Just a tip so you need no sound at all, when you do the scat tracking progress after using the lure, quickly go into archwing and fly high (In the case of the birds as high you can), then aim down with the rifle and look for the flashing animal. No sound needed at all as you already know the general area where the animal spawns.

On 2020-08-28 at 7:32 AM, Alphas said:

That should never be the answer to progression imo.

At lest it's there.. There are other things that you cannot buy and you are stuck because you are not good enough(proper weapons/mods) and/or solo player. Common Avichi x5 was the harshest thing (I tracked others without sounds) so I'm glad that I bought them for 11plat. I got purple things a lot (for entrati & Helmint afair) and I scanned Medjay dog on my 2nd try (because I forgot the pheromone). Not sure how it's for others... but if they don't have luck 40p... might be a little too much.

• 2 weeks later...
В 07.09.2020 в 06:29, Rookie808 сказал:

I find it crazy some people are like "it's not that hard" or "just do this" when the guy making this thread has a hearing disability! ;-; 

Sorry, dude. But i was able to complete hunts while listening music with fully disabled game audio.
So it's definitely not about his disability but his knowledge.

2 minutes ago, IncuBB said:

Sorry, dude. But i was able to complete hunts while listening music with fully disabled game audio.
So it's definitely not about his disability but his knowledge.

Could at least make them easier to see through tranq. The highlight color is the same as the terrain and the ash that falls from the sky. They did this when Fortuna came out so I don't really see the issue.

Archived