Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Worst Thing About Valkyr

Traumtulpe

So her 1 is a waste of energy, 1/2 of her 2 is unusable (and it's cast time is too long), her 3 is best used for breaking containers, and her 4 cannot use the good mods and is thus worse than a normal weapon. But the one thing that really makes me not want to use Valkyr despite how cool she is (love the screw attack jump), is the stance of her exalted weapon (also named Hysteria).

Please allow her to equip an actual melee stance. One of those with mobility, actual multipliers, powerful procs, area attacks - none of which are present on Hysteria. I'd actually play her if she could use Vermillion Storm.

This would take like no effort at all on your part. Copy and paste. Come on.

7 hours ago, NoLazyShadow said:

The problem with valkyr is simple: she's dead. No attention, no reworks for years. Only nerfs, augments that supposte to be part of the skill by default

2.5 flaws aint dead. And the augments 100% shouldnt be part of base kit (maybe HA, but thats under the assumption that they dont buff it with a passive effect like some other augments got). The pain is that its easy to fix.
Ripline merely does reverse of what its trailer, stated description and intent say it should (sends enemy through map instead of letting you rush throug map, moves you to slide slowly instead of enemy to your melee) while Hysteria has a upkeep nerfhammer mechanic that rewards cowardice (instead of rewarding attacking+kills+finishers) along with suffering from the general melee 2.999998 issue of the vast majority of stances being derped.

Ripline design predates bullet jump, it was a good mobility skill, people complained it was too fast, it got nerfed way back then. It needs to have a speed boosted over the player moded sprint speed and not kill momentum. Also, to bring the enemies to her feet rather than hurl them to the other side of the map.

I don't have many complaints about 2 and 3.

Hysteria however. The Augment feels like it should be part of the base ability. It should foster combat rather than staying away. 

Take away her damage immunity, but retain status immunity.  Make her immune to knockdowns. 

I think she should have overhealth AND underhealth, like overshields, but goes up and down. She would not fall if she loses all her health. rather, it goes into negative. Her attacks can accumulate health above the nominal max health as well. If she is over or under health, the extra value is constantly fading. if she is on underhealth area, the ability consumes more energy but her attacks drain more health.

Her Exalted Talons is falling to the wayside like all Exalted weapons as more powerful weapons are introduced. This problem should be tackled as a global solution to all exalted weapons. My opinion is that Exalted weapons should get a tiny buff for every weapon of the same class the player has mastered. Current exalted is the baseline. For Valkyr, every Claw weapon the player mastered will give a little buff to base damage, crit chance, status chance, attack speed.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)DidelphisV said:

Her 4th is only worse than a regular weapon if you aren’t using her new augment, it boosts the crit up to such an obscene level. Don’t need bloodrush when your base crit is 260% 

Do you even need the augment though ? Hysteria gives you invincibility , health regen on strike and allows the player to deal huge amounts of melee damage very quickly to the point where it can still kill level 160+ enemies with no real issues . The augment is nice to have but kinda overkill ? Still , nothing wrong with it .

11 minutes ago, Elyann said:

Do you even need the augment though ? Hysteria gives you invincibility , health regen on strike and allows the player to deal huge amounts of melee damage very quickly to the point where it can still kill level 160+ enemies with no real issues . The augment is nice to have but kinda overkill ? Still , nothing wrong with it .

See I found that without the augment, her damage dropped off faster than other exalteds (especially in Steel Path.) I also just love that it means you can’t stay in Hysteria for hours on end, makes it feel more satisfying when you just got these 30 second bursts of pure annihilation haha 

2 hours ago, BrazilianJoe said:

Hysteria however. The Augment feels like it should be part of the base ability. It should foster combat rather than staying away. 

Which augment, because now there are 2. For the OG assault one, id personally rather see it buffed to make her jumps always be the screw attack and deal slide attack damage to enemies it contacts in addition to the leap option (while remaining exilus), but thats more me. The second tho 100% shouldnt ever be the base ability. Its a choice for those that dont want the standard channeled exalted and breaks the base rules of no cooldowns.

2 hours ago, BrazilianJoe said:

Take away her damage immunity, but retain status immunity.  Make her immune to knockdowns. 

I think she should have overhealth AND underhealth, like overshields, but goes up and down. She would not fall if she loses all her health. rather, it goes into negative. Her attacks can accumulate health above the nominal max health as well. If she is over or under health, the extra value is constantly fading. if she is on underhealth area, the ability consumes more energy but her attacks drain more health.

Keep the immortality, no need to go into buffer and negative health mechanics when the damage stored "buffer" already exists but just isnt used correctly (not to mention that 5% lifesteal means she will never be sub max hypothetical temporary hp buffer). Being "immortal"/in effective god mode only for as long as you sustain aggression at the cost of death/drop to near zero with no resources has a damn long working history in game design.

1 hour ago, (PS4)DidelphisV said:

I also just love that it means you can’t stay in Hysteria for hours on end, makes it feel more satisfying when you just got these 30 second bursts of pure annihilation haha 

Short duration, but extremely powerful. That's really what the ability should've always been but DE took the wrong directions with how they approached "balancing" it and now the base ability is just a mess.

10 hours ago, (PS4)DidelphisV said:

Her 4th is only worse than a regular weapon if you aren’t using her new augment, it boosts the crit up to such an obscene level. Don’t need bloodrush when your base crit is 260% 

Not that it has no use, if you mod Valkyr right, There is little room for augment slots and you do not go for efficiency (maybe streamline). Skill 4 end up costing so much energy. 

you are much better off going for blind rage and maximising Warcry as much as possible. I only use hysteria to cheese bosses and so forth. Surely an augment that puts a timer on the skill is an absolute no go. 

In any case, RIP line should be dropped for elemental ward For survivability or eclipse for damage (I assume eclipse works with warcry). 

On 2020-08-31 at 3:03 PM, (NSW)Badger said:

Personally I'm planning on giving her Larva and getting rid of the ripcord at my earliest opportunity. 

I know there's a huge bandwagon that says Paralysis is a completely worthless ability, but you can accomplish what Larva does with Prolonged Paralysis, and you'll be significantly more energy efficient while you're at it. 

6 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

I know there's a huge bandwagon that says Paralysis is a completely worthless ability, but you can accomplish what Larva does with Prolonged Paralysis

No you cannot. You must never have seen Larva to even say that. Paralysis is bad. The augment makes it ok - if you build for range, which cripples your relevant abilities.

Basically there are 3 ways to use Valkyr:

1. Just spam Prolonged Paralysis, attack in melee. Any Warframe with CC can accomplish the same result.
  2. Strong Eternal War, use Hysteria occasionally.
  3. Permanent Hysteria.

1: Just play a better Warframe. Nydus would be so much better at doing the same. 2: Basically Inaros, but attack faster. 3: Invincible but your weapon is godawful.

The best option is obviously 2, which is why people say Warcry is her only good ability - which is only half true, without Eternal War it would be bad too.

Archived